Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I would like to poo poo on everyone's fun to remind everyone of this critical piece of D.Va Lore: She is not a Starcraft champion. Source

a later official post said she did in fact play starcraft (among other games), but her top game of choice was a mech combat shooter similar to her real world combat style.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe
From the Crusader Kings 2 thread:

https://kotaku.com/adding-dick-sizes-to-historical-strategy-game-introduce-1823394376

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wait a second, Breen negotiated the truce that ended the Seven Hour War, not the president. He was probably killed in the first thirty seconds.

I was wondering where Neil Breen would fit into this game

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

New Concept Hole posted:

You know Neil Breen would be the one to do it. He's the best, after all.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Double Down is actually a prequel to Half Life 1.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
So that's where the core sample came from.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

I hope he decides that Winston isn't actually a gorilla, he's just extremely hirsute.

Slowflake
Aug 18, 2010

Arcsquad12 posted:

So that's where the core sample came from.

How could you have done this? Gordon!
I can't believe you caused a resonance cascade. I cannot believe you caused a resonance cascade. How could you have done this? How could you have caused a resonance cascade?

I can't pull you out of this. With all that we've been through, I can't pull you out of this one.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Oh no, not in Black Mesa, no. It's an Aperture Science expression!

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

...you know, if instead of automatically knowing someone's dick size, you had to perform an Intrigue action to find out, I could actually see that as part of a regular CK2 game.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

A sufficiently mad ruler could probably just order courtiers disrobed.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
My spymaster is hard at work clandestinely cataloging all the penises in my demesne. Now it's only a matter of time until Spain is reconquested

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe
Is there an option to castrate everyone? Because that would equalize penis sizes...

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Goredema posted:

Is there an option to castrate everyone? Because that would equalize penis sizes...

Castration is already a game feature. It won't make you very popular, though.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Goredema posted:

Is there an option to castrate everyone?

The Byzantines are certainly hoping so! :v:

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

Oh no, not in Black Mesa, no. It's an Aperture Science expression!

God dammit.

:golfclap:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/HDoomguy/status/968884135459778560?s=19
God bless you, Doom pervert.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Wow, good for him. Nice to see that not just complete tools can profit out of modding.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
"I speak Japanese only" is still a sign of quality modding.

https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/30162

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Goredema posted:

No joke, that was an issue in earlier versions of the game. Apparently large Greek/Byzantine empires would bog the game down with everybody in the realm trying to evaluate whether they could castrate everybody else.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

The average penis size is 6-7 inches? This is very unsettling.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

darthbob88 posted:

No joke, that was an issue in earlier versions of the game. Apparently large Greek/Byzantine empires would bog the game down with everybody in the realm trying to evaluate whether they could castrate everybody else.

The more I learn about this game, the more it baffles me.

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

The more I learn about this game, the more it baffles me.

The thing about CK2 is it generally makes sense in context but sounds insane if you've never played it.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

The thing about CK2 is that it's waaaay too historically accurate.

Tran
Feb 17, 2011

It's a pleasure to meet all of you. Especially in such a fine settin' as this. Just need us some music an' a brawl an' we'll be set.

Cup Runneth Over posted:

The thing about CK2 is that it's waaaay too historically accurate.

The divine blood mechanic for Zoroastrians would fit right in with this thread.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

How's it hanging, guys?

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Byzantine posted:

How's it hanging, guys?

Several inches too short, apparently.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

Tran posted:

The divine blood mechanic for Zoroastrians would fit right in with this thread.

Note that Zoroastrians do not in fact have a lower chance to get the inbred trait, regardless of what the game tries to make you think.

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

New Concept Hole posted:

You get to the Breen's office at the top of the Citadel, and it's just littered with various old laptop computers.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Max Wilco posted:

You get to the Breen's office at the top of the Citadel, and it's just littered with various old laptop computers.

Also cans of tuna.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

HenryEx posted:

Several inches too short, apparently.

-6 opinion

The Cheshire Cat posted:

The thing about CK2 is it generally makes sense in context but sounds insane if you've never played it.

Basically this. CK2 allows for a wide variety of actions with very little moralizing with regards to the consequences, which is why the reason the CK2 thread had (or maybe still has, I haven't checked in a while) the title "I accidentally ate my pregnant wife".

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

CommissarMega posted:

Basically this. CK2 allows for a wide variety of actions with very little moralizing with regards to the consequences, which is why the reason the CK2 thread had (or maybe still has, I haven't checked in a while) the title "I accidentally ate my pregnant wife".

Had. Now it's "When all else fails, I put my faith in Satan".
E: In reference to some of the best ways to eliminate an inferior heir from succession, including sacrificing them to Dark Powers.

darthbob88 fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Mar 2, 2018

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

It's a reboot of Bombshell but actually fun. :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QcAwzusZUrQ

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CommissarMega posted:

-6 opinion

I am reasonably sure that this was the context: There was a plague on. They were locked up in their castle. Wife was caught stealing and eating food because she had the gluttonous trait. If you have certain traits, you can eat whoever is doing this. This person was just automatically doing that and didn't realize it was their pregnant wife until she was already eaten.

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Midnight Voyager posted:

I am reasonably sure that this was the context: There was a plague on. They were locked up in their castle. Wife was caught stealing and eating food because she had the gluttonous trait. If you have certain traits, you can eat whoever is doing this. This person was just automatically doing that and didn't realize it was their pregnant wife until she was already eaten.
Probably, but the OP didn't give much further detail.

TaurusTorus posted:

I accidentally ate my pregnant wife because I got her confused with my sister. Does Hallmark make a card for that?

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Midnight Voyager posted:

I'm reasonably sure you can always do it but you get Cannibal for it. Gluttons are generally the ones that are caught stuffing their fat faces with more than their ration. Eating them whenever that happens gives you extra food which lets you stay locked in longer. If it's somebody you don't like that's just bonus.

Given that Crusader Kings II is apparently a moral abhorrence simulator that can be pretty handy because if you're a cannibal and/or lunatic you can eat annoying vassals/courtiers/lovely heirs in certain situations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

That name is pretty good at least.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ToxicSlurpee posted:

I'm reasonably sure you can always do it but you get Cannibal for it. Gluttons are generally the ones that are caught stuffing their fat faces with more than their ration. Eating them whenever that happens gives you extra food which lets you stay locked in longer. If it's somebody you don't like that's just bonus.

Given that Crusader Kings II is apparently a moral abhorrence simulator that can be pretty handy because if you're a cannibal and/or lunatic you can eat annoying vassals/courtiers/lovely heirs in certain situations.

I think it requires certain traits... or at least perhaps certain traits lock it out. I have been not allowed the option before.

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Crosspost from the Resident Evil megathread:

Floodkiller posted:

If any of you are into randomizers, one of my friends released an alpha version of one today for REmake HD Remaster on PC. Currently you can only play as Chris on Normal to have it function, but he's planning to get the other difficulties and Jill playable in the future.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

HMMMMM :thunk: