Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Kibner posted:

Not deleted on my end...

The guy he replied to deleted his tweet, not Jimmy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracaidas
Sep 24, 2016
Consistently Tedious!

IcePhoenix posted:

I think it's more that Rubio was on the team for however long and is a very nice person by all accounts.

Then again, who knows with twitter.

"that mug Teague" is the tell here.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
https://twitter.com/devin_walker5/status/969775426691321856?s=21

Suck Dick for Doncic in full effect baybeeeeeee

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

IcePhoenix posted:

I can still access it through the Twitter app with no issues, though, and I can't do that with deleted tweets.

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun

i want a refund on those two wins against the rockets boyo

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Portland now 3rd in the west!!!

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

a literal thing you think.

chunkles posted:

"More Minnesota than you" is definitely some white power type stuff right

e: lol deleted. coward!!!

Yes. That's it. Certainly not the fact that he's probably their most recognizable name other than Garnett.

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

you literally think a person saying their NBA team of choice being better than the fucking 76ers is a 'schtick'

IcePhoenix posted:

No. It's still there.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Redgrendel2001 posted:

Yes. That's it. Certainly not the fact that he's probably their most recognizable name other than Garnett.

Paracaidas posted:

"that mug Teague" is the tell here.

Also re: the Butler tweet about Crowder, those two played together in college and are friends so I assume it wasn't too serious

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

MourningView posted:

Also re: the Butler tweet about Crowder, those two played together in college and are friends so I assume it wasn't too serious

You do understand that there is zero racial connotation to "mug" right? It's a British expression that means idiot, moron, dunce, etc.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

I hope Minnesota loses their remaining matches and get knocked out of the playoffs.

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

MourningView posted:

I think they dislike each other. Got in a scuffle last year and some reporters mentioned at the time that they aren't on friendly terms.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Niwrad posted:

I think they dislike each other. Got in a scuffle last year and some reporters mentioned at the time that they aren't on friendly terms.

Crowder was laughing about it after the game, said they were friends, and is currently sending joke tweets to Butler

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Such as:

https://twitter.com/CJC9BOSS/status/969823360455602176

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Kibner posted:

Rubio bodied him with good defense, forcing Teague into a near-airball six feet from the basket while the game was still close late in the fourth.

Oh I see, Teague is just a sore loser

e:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIU6xJNX-3w

Redgrendel2001
Sep 1, 2006

Remember when John Wall had embarrassed him several times and he undercut him on a breakaway and Wall broke his hand in five places.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/jga41agher/status/969309111161520128

Nick Young is my hero.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Emeka Okafor's story of resilience and perseverance has really primed me for the Mengke Bateer Comeback Story

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Punkin Spunkin posted:

Emeka Okafor's story of resilience and perseverance has really primed me for the Mengke Bateer Comeback Story

No. DJ Mbenga.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

jimmy rightfully calling rubio a bad player is nice, imo

Danny LaFever
Dec 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Fan Reactions!

MOVIE MAJICK
Jan 4, 2012

by Pragmatica

I feel like this probably seriously affected Brooklyn's record

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Kinda surprised at the number of non-calls on Lebron, but I imagine if you get fouled a lot, which he does, there are bound to be some non-calls

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Kinda surprised at the number of non-calls on Lebron, but I imagine if you get fouled a lot, which he does, there are bound to be some non-calls

Really? Seemingly every time I watch Lebron he gets absolutely slammed and abused on the way to the basket with no call and I can remember several if not many posts on this here site about the same thing. He's too strong for his own good and his body doesn't react to the hits the same way a mortal would so he gets penalized

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Yeah LeBron has the shaq thing where a lot of contact is ignored because he's so strong that it's hard to notice when you see it live

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

MourningView posted:

Yeah LeBron has the shaq thing where a lot of contact is ignored because he's so strong that it's hard to notice when you see it live

Cool Buff Man posted:

Really? Seemingly every time I watch Lebron he gets absolutely slammed and abused on the way to the basket with no call and I can remember several if not many posts on this here site about the same thing. He's too strong for his own good and his body doesn't react to the hits the same way a mortal would so he gets penalized

It makes sense, Lebron's size isn't talked about much when I watch games, they mostly just babble about his court vision and such

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch
everyone can relax cuz we finally know the soup

https://twitter.com/JasonLloydNBA/status/969960884272619522

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

New burning question: was the soup hot enough to burn Damon Jones?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Well then Smithy, this is Bingo Little and my friends and I from the Drones Club ran into old Damon Jones after your altercation. Well, we tried to when I went up to old Pongo Twistleton and said "what is troubling old Jonesy there, he looks like he just drew the short straw for one of Mrs Westwith-Gronto's intense fox-trot sessions, why the the old bird is perspiring like one of those naked Roman fountains?" "It is the barmiest thing," he said to me, "but it looks like Jonesy found himself in the soup again."

R.D. Mangles fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Mar 3, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Did the soup have those tortilla strips in them? I must know.

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MOVIE MAJICK posted:

I feel like this probably seriously affected Brooklyn's record

Evan can’t be here to say it so, Evan was right. Why is it legal to foul Spencer Dinwiddie??

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

lebrons attacking the basket as much as anyone in the nba if not more and he currently has his lowest free throw rate since his rookie season(when handchecking was still legal). its just legal to foul him this regular season for some reason and i dont know why

http://bkref.com/tiny/HGgDw

67 dudes qualified for mpg leaderboards with higher free throw rates than lebron, i would imagine only a handful of them attack the basket anywhere near as often as lebron

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Those numbers are only for the last 2 minutes of close games, and so are biased against good teams that tend to play more blowouts. I'm sure LeBron gets a billion missed calls during the rest of the game, just like every other physical player.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

dokmo invent some attacking the basket stat then divide it by free throw rate and tell me who is lowest!! tell me all of it give me all of the data

also lebrons taking the 3rd most shots of his career inside 3 ft and getting the 2nd least foul calls the Knights Of Lebron will not stand for this

e: i actually think i mean free throws divided by shots at the rim or something but the computer should just understand what i mean, imo

Ghost Dog fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 3, 2018

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

since we're making GBS threads on refs does anyone feel like they are much quicker to T someone (not named Draymond) up than previous years? It's probably confirmation bias but I swear in the past people had to do worse poo poo.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

BWV posted:

since we're making GBS threads on refs does anyone feel like they are much quicker to T someone (not named Draymond) up than previous years? It's probably confirmation bias but I swear in the past people had to do worse poo poo.

Players are noticeably more animated and confrontational.

Schlieren
Jan 7, 2005

LEZZZZZZZZZBIAN CRUSH

BWV posted:

good

euphronius posted:

Players are noticeably more animated and confrontational.

Maybe - but I also feel like the cameras linger on complainers and duncan-facers more now

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Schlieren posted:

good

Maybe - but I also feel like the cameras linger on complainers and duncan-facers more now

I actually went to a real life game last night it was really noticeable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big boi
Jun 11, 2007

I yelled "Catalonia is a part of Spain!!!" at Pau during a free throw at the Nuggets game the other day. He missed it, but then I read online that he's anti-secession so I guess he's just a shook trick

• Locked thread