Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i learned that there's also a M5S mayor in Turin, is that going any better than it is in Rome?

MrWilderheap posted:

Who are the people who are into this five star thing? I'm trying to imagine the kind of people who it appeals to.. I guess in america there are some rich white people in the suburbs who are pro-environment while still being xenophobic and anti-vaccine but it still seems really bizarre to me. Though not as bizarre as Berlusconi's hosed up face
a few years back, there was a jacobin article about Adbusters that brought up the fact that they leaned pretty hard into the M5S

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

MrWilderheap posted:

Who are the people who are into this five star thing?

They are a pure populist party is the best I can describe them. All populist parties need an external enemy to blame for everything, and they found their enemy in politics itself

Dreddout posted:

Where do you live? PaP is mainly active in the south iirc

Well I'm from Milan so I guess that explains it

Cute but kinda stupid. Some are spot on but it's pretty superficial (she said, of the Simpsons-character-to-Italian-party table). And yes Casapound is literally a criminal gang somehow turned legitimate political party

get that OUT of my face posted:

i learned that there's also a M5S mayor in Turin, is that going any better than it is in Rome?

I should ask my mates there, but I do know that last December I was in Turin, and a local party was literally campaigning on a platform of "we aren't the M5S"

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
In other news, my mate vecna continues his project to guess what drives the Facebook news feed algorithm, concentrating in particular on the upcoming elections

The results were pretty predictable: you'll mostly see stuff targeted to your political ideas, people on the right much more than people on the left. Except if you're a fash: then you'll see almost exclusively fascist stuff, almost exclusively photo posts (rather than text/video/links), and you'll see the same few posts over and over and over again

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 17 minutes!
What kind of symbol is a loving turtle

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Plutonis posted:

it is the symbol of low energy messes everywhere

Karl Barks
Jan 21, 1981

slow and steady wins the race, didn't you learn anything

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol at another country going full fascist becasue the liberals in charge are so incompetent

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Guess the party:

quote:

We demand that Italy leaves the EU, EURO, NATO and the affirmation of a policy of friendliness and collaboration with Russia

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Im gonna say...casa pound

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

hackbunny posted:

Guess the party:

Lega Nord?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

hackbunny posted:

Guess the party:
literally anyone but PD

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Kurtofan posted:

Im gonna say...casa pound

Close enough, it's another fascist party. Out of context, it almost sounds like a line from a tankie party, but the next line makes everything clear:

quote:

We demand the unilateral termination of the Peace Treaty of 02/10/1947 that was imposed by force
Yes, they're seriously (?) demanding Italy gets its African colonies and Istria back. Fascism is grotesque

Troy Queef posted:

Lega Nord?

They probably share the sentiment, but all parties in the Right coalition have literally the same program, just with the logo changed, and it's a super-simplified bullet list affair without full sentences or big words

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

i was gonna guess M5S for that quote. they used to be as critical of putin and russia when they started out, but they suspiciously stopped four or five years ago

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Plutonis posted:

:thunk:

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

good god they're not even trying to hide it

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

uh hey guys just here for the rally

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

jBrereton posted:

literally anyone but PD

forza italia (silvio's party) is actually headed by the head of eu parliament now, so they'd probably stay unless they pulled a cameron and allowed a dumb referendum

and given that the coalition has two eu skeptic parties...lol

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

Yossarian-22 posted:

forza italia (silvio's party) is actually headed by the head of eu parliament now, so they'd probably stay unless they pulled a cameron and allowed a dumb referendum

and given that the coalition has two eu skeptic parties...lol

If I understand correctly, a referendum on leaving the EU wouldn't be legally binding (I mean legally, it couldn't even be held, but that has never stopped anyone)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
I wish there were more parties who want to leave the EU's economic sphere without having to be a complete psychos that present the wrong reasons instead of the right one (not being turned into a third world colony of germany)

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhHhXukovMU

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
countries that don't join the EU/leave are gonna get steam-rolled in trade agreements with China and other large emerging economies, so I fully expect even the fascists to stop arguing for leaving the EU

it's a fait accompli

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

It's pretty lol how the fascist parties are clamoring to start a new italian empire even though Italy got badly owned in WWII.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

etalian posted:

It's pretty lol how the fascist parties are clamoring to start a new italian empire even though Italy got badly owned in WWII.
Because of that psychopathic Teutonic monk and communist insurrection!!!!

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

jBrereton posted:

Because of that psychopathic Teutonic monk and communist insurrection!!!!

whose the Teutonic monk

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Lawman 0 posted:

whose the Teutonic monk
The Other, Lesser Duce of the Germanic backwoods.

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

hackbunny posted:

Close enough, it's another fascist party.
Specifically, it's Italia agli Italiani. I looked them up, and their candidate for Prime Minister is literally a ʇ ǝ ɹ ɹ o ɹ ᴉ s ʇ

e: just noticed that one of the sources for that Wikipedia page is a Youtube video titled "LGBT EXPOSED - Hard-Hitting, Major Russian TV Film (SODOM) HD Eng Dub". Meanwhile the Italian Wikipedia page on him is permablocked for legal reasons

hackbunny has issued a correction as of 17:14 on Mar 4, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011
Probation
Aren't half of the politicians former Red/Black Brigades anyway

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

some takeaways from this live blog of the elections on politico:

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

When do we get results

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

knew there was something wrong about this guy

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I voted :patriot:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Lawman 0 posted:

When do we get results

Voting ends at 11 p.m, its 9, so should start coming in two or three hours

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/ruthbenghiat/status/970421098641874946

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

https://twitter.com/AlbertoNardelli/status/970419334379163648

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
that seems extremely lol to me

this seems as good athread as any to put this too

https://twitter.com/DRUDGE_REPORT/status/970364940098854912

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

if thats correct than the right did worse than expected and M5S did a bit better than expected

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

lol

i'm sure the process of forming coalitions with these numbers will be smooth sailing :suspense:

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Yossarian-22 posted:

lol

i'm sure the process of forming coalitions with these numbers will be smooth sailing :suspense:

basically its going to be a grand coalition between forza and democratic party or another election, unless M5S sells out lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

basically its going to be a grand coalition between forza and democratic party or another election, unless M5S sells out lol

seems like it's still possible that lega gets more votes than forza too, which would make such a coalition more doubtful

• Locked thread