Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Miz is fine but whenever he is in a match I usually turn my attention elsewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Blooming Brilliant posted:

The thing I hate about Shane/Taker the most, is that I was excited for the match. And, from what I remember, a lot of other people where as well.

Because everyone was expecting a smoke and mirrors trainwreck style spectacle that'd cover up both guy's weaknesses with dumb hardcore and brawling spots.

Then the match started, and we got two guys past 40 attempting to pull off a fake real MMA style fight. It was maddening and embarrassing.

I thought it was going to be some big debut that came in and more or less fought for Shane.

Shane is clearly in some midlife crisis poo poo these days. Hes gotta show hes still got it, fans still like him, hes still the cool dude that does the spots.

To me if he wants to keep getting in the ring he needs to at least get in shape(to the point he can go shirtless) and learn to throw a drat punch. But if he doesnt do that then please just go away.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wrestlemania 32 was my second wrestling event I watched live, so I didn't really have the context to understand it at the time, but in retrospect, Shane putting Undertaker in a Triangle is so completely loving ridiculous. "I'm so strong and cool, I can strike with the Undertaker and put him in a hold and at the end of the match, he respects me and tips his hat to me!" is literally some e-fed fanfic poo poo.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Kawalimus posted:

I thought it was going to be some big debut that came in and more or less fought for Shane.

Shane is clearly in some midlife crisis poo poo these days. Hes gotta show hes still got it, fans still like him, hes still the cool dude that does the spots.

To me if he wants to keep getting in the ring he needs to at least get in shape(to the point he can go shirtless) and learn to throw a drat punch. But if he doesnt do that then please just go away.

As far as I remember Shane has never gone shirtless and I wouldn't want him to break with that proud tradition. In fact, I would pay money to see him never take his shirt off.

As for the other points, let us all just remember that he is Stephanie's brother.

It's just a McMahon thing.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

You gotta wonder what goes through 'Takers mind every time Vince talks him into putting the gear back on. Just sitting in the back in his tights, staring at the wall, going 'goddamnit I'm 52 years old, and my knees are a fine paste. Why did I swear fealty to this crazy fucker'.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Liquid Communism posted:

You gotta wonder what goes through 'Takers mind every time Vince talks him into putting the gear back on. Just sitting in the back in his tights, staring at the wall, going 'goddamnit I'm 52 years old, and my knees are a fine paste. Why did I swear fealty to this crazy fucker'.

:10bux: times about two hundred thousand.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Liquid Communism posted:

"Yo, do you hear those idiots cheering? They are cheering for me, getting paid!"

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

undertaker is the highest profile wrestler ever to not get much in the way of endorsements and other deals. he needs 2 to 3 more wrestlemania paydays to be able to buy enough guns for all his needs

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

undertaker is the highest profile wrestler ever to not get much in the way of endorsements and other deals. he needs 2 to 3 more wrestlemania paydays to be able to buy enough guns for all his needs

Yo why was there never a deal between WWE and Tombstone Pizza what the gently caress is up with that.

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

Cavauro posted:

i thought he was invested in dallas real estate or something

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cavauro posted:

He's actually really well off from real estate investments in Texas, he basically works because of loyalty or because he can't stop

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

He has invested heavily in Cyberfights

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

boar guy posted:

i thought he was invested in dallas real estate or something

lmao, welp we're going to be seeing a lot more of him once the economy collapses in the next year or two

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The Undertaker is almost out of money.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Taker seems like the kind of guy who would be too into his gimmick to endorse anything lest it make him look like he's breaking kayfabe, save for things like WWF toy ads.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Phenix Rising posted:

Taker seems like the kind of guy who would be too into his gimmick to endorse anything lest it make him look like he's breaking kayfabe, save for things like WWF toy ads.

There's nothing kayfabe breaking about saying that if you don't enjoy a delicious Tombstone Pizza, then you might as well just REST...IN....PEEEEEEACE...

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Liquid Communism posted:

He can't let America and Its Flag down in its time of need, or someone else might kneel

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Defiance Industries posted:

If anyone else did that to Shane, they'd get a new gimmick where they get beat up by the dying make-a-wish kids and then everyone on the roster comes by and says "you are a bad wrestler and nobody likes you" one after the other, so it just makes me hate Roman more.

Shane has gotten injured in every match he's had since his return.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i really thought a train would be the one who would defeat the undertaker

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Phenix Rising posted:

He apparently has no problem endorsing tax cuts

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

So you're saying I should invest in moose futures...?

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
i can't believe that all the good will shane had when he came back went away so quickly you would think as someone who left the wwe sphere he would be self aware enough to know everyone loving hated the mcmahons for being on tv too much and taking the spotlight but apparently not

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Grendels Dad posted:

As far as I remember Shane has never gone shirtless and I wouldn't want him to break with that proud tradition. In fact, I would pay money to see him never take his shirt off.

As for the other points, let us all just remember that he is Stephanie's brother.

It's just a McMahon thing.

No he never has but back then he was younger and had more of an electricity to him if that makes sense. Hes older now and is just sad looking out there. Thats why I think a more physically imposing presence and a better punch would make it less embarrassing.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Do it ironically posted:

i can't believe that all the good will shane had when he came back went away so quickly you would think as someone who left the wwe sphere he would be self aware enough to know everyone loving hated the mcmahons for being on tv too much and taking the spotlight but apparently not

He was beloved for basically a year after he came back. I think most people were willing to begrudgingly accept the AJ thing because the match was a lot of fun, but after he started getting involved with the AJ/Owens feud, people turned super hard. Especially because that was a feud that was already being hosed with badly by overbooking and bad finishes.

By the time he was outright feuding with KO, I was completely done with him and it's just gotten exponentially worse seemingly every single week since then because now other characters are being dragged into this black hole of a feud.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/970142836782981120

Uh oh. :ohdear:

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I guess at tonight's Chicago house show, Brock squashed Kane in less than 30 seconds pissing everyone in attendance off. Also the eight woman tag match ended up turning into a 6 on 2 handicap match (So it was Mickie James, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose vs Asuka and Bayley). Sasha Banks and Mickie James turned on Asuka and Bayley. Asuka locked the armbar on Sonya Deville though to get the victory.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

lol why would you do that at a house show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Brock gettin' chunky.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

DarkstarIV posted:

So I guess at tonight's Chicago house show, Brock squashed Kane in less than 30 seconds pissing everyone in attendance off. Also the eight woman tag match ended up turning into a 6 on 2 handicap match (So it was Mickie James, Nia Jax, Alexa Bliss, Sasha Banks, Sonya Deville, Mandy Rose vs Asuka and Bayley). Sasha Banks and Mickie James turned on Asuka and Bayley. Asuka locked the armbar on Sonya Deville though to get the victory.

Did like... Bayley clear the ring or did everyone else just let Sonya get killed?

Also maybe get some faces on Raw now.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Did like... Bayley clear the ring or did everyone else just let Sonya get killed?

Also maybe get some faces on Raw now.

Dunno the specifics, but apparently the turn happened mid match when Sasha tried putting Asuka into the Bank Statement (Sasha had tagged with them up to this point).

Mickie is pretty much the female version of Big Show now. She can be a face one night, and a heel the next. Regardless, I don't expect any of this to be brought up on RAW on Monday. I imagine the ring was mostly cleared when the turn happened. As for getting faces on RAW now, I don't know anymore. At this point its pretty likely Sasha turns heel before Wrestlemania (or soon after). If that's the case, then there is a dire need for faces in the division. All you will have left is Bayley and Asuka. I imagine that will change around Backlash time since there were talks of doing a shakeup, but if Asuka jumps ship to Smackdown before then, Bayley and Ronda will be the only female babyfaces left on RAW.

I'd move Becky to RAW, and maybe Charlotte as well, assuming she drops the title at Wrestlemania.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

VJeff posted:

Brock gettin' chunky.

He must be going back to UFC if he’s off the gas that hard

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

The Undertaker was in a movie with Christopher Lloyd.

Ergo The Undertaker is lovely.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

DarkstarIV posted:

This is probably gonna happen Monday.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Codependent Poster posted:

This is probably gonna happen Monday.

Monday already has a match advertised. Asuka vs Nia Jax. Again.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/briantheguppie/status/970156369746776064

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

$150,000 (or whatever Brock's per-appearance breakdown is) well spent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!