Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is Trigger's best previous anime
Kill La Kill
When Supernatural Battles become commenplace
Kiznaiver
Little Witch Academia
Gurren Lagann*
Panty and Stocking*
Space Patrol Luluculo
Goku
View Results

• Locked thread
Crasical
Apr 22, 2014

GG!*
*GET GOOD
I was very much in the 'I don't like or trust 02' camp but her goofy trolling this episode, especially the big grin as she takes off with everyone's clothing, has softened my opinion of her a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Crasical posted:

I was very much in the 'I don't like or trust 02' camp but her goofy trolling this episode, especially the big grin as she takes off with everyone's clothing, has softened my opinion of her a bit.

Her behavior makes a lot of sense considering that all other previous partners died very quickly, and it seems like the rest of her previous teams didn't last much longer, and also all the adults think she's a monster. That's not the kind of life that would lead someone to easily make genuine emotional connections.

She out and out said it this episode, they're all gonna die, even the clothes stealing was just a bit of fun in the time they have left.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Gunmen in ttgl weren't waterproof to begin with either, obviously this means Fran x will eventually be capable of going out into deep space in the second cour

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

I'm definitely expecting the robots to combine before the end of the show.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

There Bias Two posted:

I'm definitely expecting the robots to combine before the end of the show.

this show is absolutely ending with everyone piled together into a giant orgy robot

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

esselfortium posted:

this show is absolutely ending with everyone piled together into a giant orgy robot

I think you mean a giant positive, healthy relationships robot

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Guy Goodbody posted:

I think you mean a giant positive, healthy relationships robot
Exactly, an orgy.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!
Thanks to the power of metaphor, everyone being completely comfortable and attuned to each other can result in a giant FRANXX without everyone having to literally be okay with penetration.

e: the real breakthrough will come when Dr. Franxx decides the kids are old enough to handle MDMA during missions.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hodgepodge posted:

e: the real breakthrough will come when Dr. Franxx decides the kids are old enough to handle MDMA during missions.
If that happens HOOOOOO BOY.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Grouchio posted:

If that happens HOOOOOO BOY.

Taking bets now on what they call what is totally not the illegal party drug "Molly."

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Hodgepodge posted:

Taking bets now on what they call what is totally not the illegal party drug "Molly."

Naomi

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 241 days!

Dark.

but that way, she would always be a part of them

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Something that's been bugging me is that they said in the first episode that she lived, but then she shows up in Hiro's death dream in ep 6. What's up with that?

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

GorfZaplen posted:

Something that's been bugging me is that they said in the first episode that she lived, but then she shows up in Hiro's death dream in ep 6. What's up with that?

His sense of guilt, personified into the closest association? Dreams are funky stuff.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

GorfZaplen posted:

She's totally dead. They just lied to the kids about her survival. No one's visited her, gotten a call or letter from her, and even though she's supposed to be in the hospital there was no sign of her there when Miroshi was laid up after Two hosed him up.

She's dead and Hiro 's dream shows that at least subconsciously, he knows it.

jng2058 fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Mar 4, 2018

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

jng2058 posted:

She's totally dead. They just lied to the kids about her survival. No one's visited her, gotten a call or letter from her, and even though she's supposed to be in the hospital there was no sign of her there when Miroshi was laid up after Two hosed him up.

I'm not sure why I didn't think of that

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

GorfZaplen posted:

When your parents said they took your goldfish to a pond up state and set it free, they were actually just flushing it down the toilet.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Nuebot posted:

When your parents said they took your goldfish to a pond up state and set it free, they were actually just flushing it down the toilet.

No...it can't be...

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Gif of the season.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

It's not exactly new ground, and things may fall apart later, but at the moment I'm really enjoying Hiro and Zero's relationship.

She treats him like a co-conspirator in her plans for chaos in the full knowledge he'll try to stop her, because it's more fun for both of them that way. They complement each other, instead of either being redundant or just going off in their own directions.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

She's like bugs Bunny

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Dog Kisser posted:

She's like bugs Bunny

Moves like Roadrunner, though.

Meep meep, darling.

(On an unrelated note, I never noticed until the latest episode just how short Ichigo is until now. I always kinda thought of her being around Kokoro's height, but no. She's even shorter than Miku.)

chiasaur11 fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Mar 5, 2018

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Masterpiece.

02's such a great character

chiasaur11 posted:

It's not exactly new ground, and things may fall apart later, but at the moment I'm really enjoying Hiro and Zero's relationship.

She treats him like a co-conspirator in her plans for chaos in the full knowledge he'll try to stop her, because it's more fun for both of them that way. They complement each other, instead of either being redundant or just going off in their own directions.

I loved how when 02 threw all the laundry at Hiro, and he was fighting to get it out of his face, Hiro just started cracking up. It just felt so genuine. They really do have great chemistry together.

Augus fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Mar 5, 2018

cosmo321
Jan 6, 2011

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
vroom vroom

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

jng2058 posted:

Yeah this theory's been brought up before (both the 'died in the fight' and the 'was dumped into an incinerator for being a failure' versions). I'm not sure how much time is supposed to have passed between then and the current stuff, it may only have been a few days and there have been a fair few attacks so maybe they haven't had the chance to visit? Then again APE probably wants to keep the parasites separate from the 'normies' and wouldn't allow them out (I gather Dr FranXX had to call in favours etc. to get them the beach holiday). Mitsuru may have gone to a different hospital. I also doubt Naomi would be the one to visit or send letters in any case as she's the one who was ejected from the group and would likely still be in pain from that.

I'm not sure if Hiro subconsciously knows she's dead, I think that scene was more about him re-living the moments before piloting with 02 the first time.

I'd still like a scene/episode with Hiro wanting to go visit her, possibly breaking out of the birdcage with 02 to do it, mainly to force the truth to be revealed.

Feast of Burden
Oct 9, 2008

WARNING: may cause indigestion and severe heartburn
My God

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Mar 5, 2018

Dick Spacious CPA
Oct 10, 2012

in cahpter 9 of the darling in the franxxx manga you dont get to see any of the characters bare breasts, but you do get to see this robot butt

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

in cahpter 9 of the darling in the franxxx manga you dont get to see any of the characters bare breasts, but you do get to see this robot butt

Please, Mr. Spacious, the term is ‘robutt’.

The Modern Sky
Aug 7, 2009

We don't exist in real life, but we're working hard in your delusions!

02 and KK do have a lot in common. But she devours careers

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

idgi

fake edit: oh, the tweet author. Uh, awkward.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

It's official. Anime is real. Congrats everyone

Augus fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 5, 2018

Musical Kitties
Feb 2, 2018

Kim watches anime.... come again? Lol

Musical Kitties
Feb 2, 2018

Shes as human as you and I. The chick likes anime. I can give her some respect for that. Still don't like her tho. Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

The only thing I know about Kim Kardashian is that she likes a robot anime that I also like.

• Locked thread