Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
Pubg could work as a competitive game to play but not to watch, and that's the issue. I'd play the poo poo out of a real ranked pubg mode, but whoo boy I would not watch it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

I want there to be a PUBG mode where there are no circles and the point of the game is to collect a certain amount of a goal item that is only found in crates. Crates would drop in random locations all over the map. It would force all the action into specific areas without artificially herding everyone into one place via circles. I have no idea how this would actually play out but in my mind making more people seek out crates makes for a very interesting game.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i want a sci-fi battle royal with drop pods.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I want an Arena Shooter battle royale

Put those strafe jumping skills to the test son :black101:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

As Shroud said, if you throw enough money at a game you can turn it into an e-sport. It doesn't mean it's a GOOD e-sport. That also doesn't mean it's a bad game.

My opinions:

Game: Fun & Good.
E-sport: Bad (too much RNG) & not very watchable.
Will it continue to have tournaments because of the massive amount of money being thrown at it? Yes.
Can the e-sport part improve? Certainly! I just don't know how and don't have any great ideas.

Being able to change the play zone would be fun. Get 30ish streamers, and put them all in Los Leones, have the match last 15 minutes or so.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

abigserve posted:

They already made the perfect esport, and it's CS:GO imo

Round based fps games work, moba games work, sports games work, gigantic mapped running simulators that nothing happens until something does and is over in 20 seconds do not work.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

AnEdgelord posted:

Yes.

Also, I’m tired of the m4 being so god drat good at everything. Gotta tune some other guns up.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

Thom P. Tiers posted:

As Shroud said, if you throw enough money at a game you can turn it into an e-sport.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9ZI6I56604

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum
The trick to making PUBG a good esport is to have approx 20-25 contenders vs 100 pubbies dropped, per plane, per circle [minus the first and last]

To clairify, the pubbies are all on one team, the contenders are in teams of 2-4 as usual

Since the Contenders drop early, the pubbies don't have a prayer, but they'll have to balance shooting pubbies out of the air vs giving their position away

Evilreaver fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 6, 2018

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

drunken officeparty posted:

Round based fps games work, moba games work, sports games work, gigantic mapped running simulators that nothing happens until something does and is over in 20 seconds do not work.

500 rounds of pubg back to back could be at least as interesting as NASCAR

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Fantastipotamus posted:

So uhh.. was the micro UZI buffed? I’ve been killed with it late game a couple times now, when I would have assumed it would have been dropped in favor of something better. I mean, it killed me so it clearly worked. One of those was straight up against my vector w/ extended mag and silencer (probably some aim factor there I assume).

Let me first just say that I love the goddamn Micro Uzi, and the only time I lose a battle with it, it's because I ran out of 9 mil. I'm of the opinion that it actually needs to be nerfed somewhat. I've been wanting to dig through the numbers and see why this is the case, here is the homework I did:

I can't actually figure out how long the standard "ADS Time" is, or which weapon stat determines this (it's also hard to effectively google for). That said, the red dot and holo reduce this by 20%, and the 2x by 10%. I'm assuming this is good for at least 10ms, but it's a one time advantage that the Uzi doesn't have.

Micro Uzi has 0.007s less between shots (0.048 vs 0.055) and the initial bullet speed is 50 points higher, at 350 vs just 300. That's 28ms of travel time at 10m, vs 33ms. This 12ms total "time advantage" is much stronger than just 8 points of extra base damage and the potential for faster ADS. I think that, given the lower tick rate and the way anti-trade in this game works, these two statistics are the reason it's almost unstoppable indoors so long as you're on target.

Vector has 0.48 base ADS deviation vs just 0.2 on Uzi. The recoil gain is also doubled (0.33 vs 0.15), and the Vector's max limit is 10, vs just 7. The Vector's move velocity reference is 50-220 vs 150-400, with a max move modifier limit of 2.5 vs just 2. This means that even walking negatively impacts the Vector's recoil, and you're extremely unlikely to get away with running/falling/jumping spraydowns as it hits the maximum nearly twice as fast. Counterstrafing (it's the A/D wiggling in the doorway) with the Vector is important to put a cap on your speed. Getting away with walking ADS pushes like this one are far less likely to work out in your favor using the Vector.

The Micro Uzi's pattern scale is massive, up at 1.10, vs just 0.6 for the Vector. The Vector has max left/right recoil of 0.5, vs just 0.3 on the Uzi. This combined with the horizontal recoil speed (more dramatic kick) of 18, vs 12 for the Uzi, and the tighter, more rifle-like DOF (20/40/1.4 vs 30/60/1.5) means that the Vector is going to kick off target much faster, farther, and less gradually than the Uzi's gentle "walk".

The overall DPS of the Vector is higher, yes, but the number of shots to kill at any armor level isn't especially relevant. The smaller magazine sizes combined with the tighter, more dramatic recoil pattern, and the lower threshold/higher movement penalty mean that the Vector just isn't suited for those "run into a house and murder everyone" situations that the Uzi does so well. The 10/12/22 additional shots are so important indoors, especially in this pre-penetration world where we are constantly cockblocked by stairway bannisters, window bars, and the back of our teammates heads :V

As far as attachments go:

The Suppressor is only good for -5% ADS Deviation. IMO this is largely cosmetic to give you that "suppressed weapon feel". It's almost always better to have a Flash Hider on the Vector instead. It does sound really cool, though

The Tactical Stock is important to unlock the midrange potential of the Vector, it isn't the -20% Recoil Pattern or -10% Animation Kick, but the +15% Recoil Recovery that you want. This additional recovery enables you to do more rapid 3-5 shot bursts, it is the only way you will get through all 5-8 bursts in an extendo without experiencing horizontal kick. It also reduces ADS sway by 10%, making it slightly easier to engage >25m.

The Uzi Stock is good for -20% Vertical, -20% Recoil Pattern, and 15% Recoil Recovery. It essentially doubles the effective range of the Uzi from 7-15m to 30m. You won't get away with things like the 3rd knock in this clip without it

The Flash Hider is good for -10% Vertical/Horizontal Recoil and -10% Recoil Pattern. The Compensator is good for -20% Horizontal(!), -25% Vertical, and -25% Recoil Pattern.

So what is the Vector for? I personally think it's best suited for rapid 3-5 round bursts in 25m-125m engagements. Shroud's situational use of it in this past Starladder event is a great example to reference. Rate of fire is unusually important in winning out Anti-trade situations. Getting more shots on target faster is ultimately more valuable than fewer, higher damage shots. Think of it as a Diet Groza!

I've found that with the Micro Uzi, it's crucial to lean and plant the sights in the corner of the window/doorway so that the vertical recoil carries the spray diagonally across the width, and hopefully over their face/body.

TL;DR: Micro Uzi Is Probably The Best Gun In The Game

Have a bunch of Uzi clips
https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectAgitatedStinkbugRiPepperonis
https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileTemperedEggplantWutFace
https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousHealthyLardKreygasm
https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyFitTofuGingerPower
https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableRelievedTaroKevinTurtle
https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentCleanCookiePicoMause
https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousIntelligentParrotKreygasm

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Lol why would you use an Uzi, shroud never used it in a tournament.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Lol why would you use an Uzi, shroud never used it in a tournament.

Maybe you're facing an opponent with no armor and headshotting people with an AR is illegal in your country?

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Let me first just say that I love the goddamn Micro Uzi, and the only time I lose a battle with it, it's because I ran out of 9 mil. I'm of the opinion that it actually needs to be nerfed somewhat. I've been wanting to dig through the numbers and see why this is the case, here is the homework I did:

I can't actually figure out how long the standard "ADS Time" is, or which weapon stat determines this (it's also hard to effectively google for). That said, the red dot and holo reduce this by 20%, and the 2x by 10%. I'm assuming this is good for at least 10ms, but it's a one time advantage that the Uzi doesn't have.

Micro Uzi has 0.007s less between shots (0.048 vs 0.055) and the initial bullet speed is 50 points higher, at 350 vs just 300. That's 28ms of travel time at 10m, vs 33ms. This 12ms total "time advantage" is much stronger than just 8 points of extra base damage and the potential for faster ADS. I think that, given the lower tick rate and the way anti-trade in this game works, these two statistics are the reason it's almost unstoppable indoors so long as you're on target.

Vector has 0.48 base ADS deviation vs just 0.2 on Uzi. The recoil gain is also doubled (0.33 vs 0.15), and the Vector's max limit is 10, vs just 7. The Vector's move velocity reference is 50-220 vs 150-400, with a max move modifier limit of 2.5 vs just 2. This means that even walking negatively impacts the Vector's recoil, and you're extremely unlikely to get away with running/falling/jumping spraydowns as it hits the maximum nearly twice as fast. Counterstrafing (it's the A/D wiggling in the doorway) with the Vector is important to put a cap on your speed. Getting away with walking ADS pushes like this one are far less likely to work out in your favor using the Vector.

The Micro Uzi's pattern scale is massive, up at 1.10, vs just 0.6 for the Vector. The Vector has max left/right recoil of 0.5, vs just 0.3 on the Uzi. This combined with the horizontal recoil speed (more dramatic kick) of 18, vs 12 for the Uzi, and the tighter, more rifle-like DOF (20/40/1.4 vs 30/60/1.5) means that the Vector is going to kick off target much faster, farther, and less gradually than the Uzi's gentle "walk".

The overall DPS of the Vector is higher, yes, but the number of shots to kill at any armor level isn't especially relevant. The smaller magazine sizes combined with the tighter, more dramatic recoil pattern, and the lower threshold/higher movement penalty mean that the Vector just isn't suited for those "run into a house and murder everyone" situations that the Uzi does so well. The 10/12/22 additional shots are so important indoors, especially in this pre-penetration world where we are constantly cockblocked by stairway bannisters, window bars, and the back of our teammates heads :V

As far as attachments go:

The Suppressor is only good for -5% ADS Deviation. IMO this is largely cosmetic to give you that "suppressed weapon feel". It's almost always better to have a Flash Hider on the Vector instead. It does sound really cool, though

The Tactical Stock is important to unlock the midrange potential of the Vector, it isn't the -20% Recoil Pattern or -10% Animation Kick, but the +15% Recoil Recovery that you want. This additional recovery enables you to do more rapid 3-5 shot bursts, it is the only way you will get through all 5-8 bursts in an extendo without experiencing horizontal kick. It also reduces ADS sway by 10%, making it slightly easier to engage >25m.

The Uzi Stock is good for -20% Vertical, -20% Recoil Pattern, and 15% Recoil Recovery. It essentially doubles the effective range of the Uzi from 7-15m to 30m. You won't get away with things like the 3rd knock in this clip without it

The Flash Hider is good for -10% Vertical/Horizontal Recoil and -10% Recoil Pattern. The Compensator is good for -20% Horizontal(!), -25% Vertical, and -25% Recoil Pattern.

So what is the Vector for? I personally think it's best suited for rapid 3-5 round bursts in 25m-125m engagements. Shroud's situational use of it in this past Starladder event is a great example to reference. Rate of fire is unusually important in winning out Anti-trade situations. Getting more shots on target faster is ultimately more valuable than fewer, higher damage shots. Think of it as a Diet Groza!

I've found that with the Micro Uzi, it's crucial to lean and plant the sights in the corner of the window/doorway so that the vertical recoil carries the spray diagonally across the width, and hopefully over their face/body.

TL;DR: Micro Uzi Is Probably The Best Gun In The Game

Have a bunch of Uzi clips
https://clips.twitch.tv/CorrectAgitatedStinkbugRiPepperonis
https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileTemperedEggplantWutFace
https://clips.twitch.tv/VenomousHealthyLardKreygasm
https://clips.twitch.tv/BusyFitTofuGingerPower
https://clips.twitch.tv/HonorableRelievedTaroKevinTurtle
https://clips.twitch.tv/SucculentCleanCookiePicoMause
https://clips.twitch.tv/HilariousIntelligentParrotKreygasm

I think you've got a touch of the 'tism, friend.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Not enough videos of shooting people (with guns). Get those stupid car videos out of here, no one likes those.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

VulgarandStupid posted:

Not enough videos of shooting people (with guns). Get those stupid car videos out of here, no one likes those.

shameful

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

Varkas posted:

Whaaaat if...you got a flare gun from a crate drop, and this went into your pistol slot, and then you called down a single red zone artillery barrage with it?

No kidding, this is what I actually thought the red zone was. I thought it was called in by a player and that the device, logically, it probably would have been found in a crate.

Edit: I mean, I've known for a while the red zone is random. I meant, when I first started playing this game.

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
We should all get trackpads.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TardyViscousPorcupineFunRun

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.
Hey you guys record your stupid loving duh duh duh voices to a separate track so I can enjoy your shenanigans and hear the sound effects whilst not also hating the gently caress out of you

Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Vahakyla posted:

Hardcore mode with no kill feed, no kill confirmations, no player count visible, and double damage. I’d play the gently caress out of it.

No HUD too, just ads for aiming. That'd be amazing. Also, fog/rain HC maps.

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
New test build on the way apparently, at least this time it contains an actual new game feature.

quote:

PC players, our test servers are going up this week! We are currently polishing and debugging the test build. We are going to be introducing an in-game friend system, voice chat in main menu and vehicle and limb penetration system.

Soarer
Jan 14, 2012

I JUST CAN'T STOP TALKING ABOUT OTHER PEOPLE'S PONY AVATARS

~SMcD
Did they nerf the points from squad matches? Just had a 7th place 3 man squad that gave out 98pts. Break down was 20 kill, 38 dmg, 40 team score. Wasn't a great finish but that just feels really light in the team score.

cyanidewolf
Sep 1, 2007

Truly the corgiest of goodposts

Low MMR is a hell of a thing.

LRADIKAL
Jun 10, 2001

Fun Shoe

AnEdgelord posted:

Sorta like Tribes?

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

drunken officeparty posted:

I dunno, the tension of seeing two teams nearby could be watchable, but it will never work unless you have basically a 1:1 team:spectator ratio watching for the action and the ability to quickly react and switch to predict that action which I don't think anyone is ever going to be able to achieve.

There's just way too many times when the stream is showing some mind numbing boring poo poo while you can hear a massive firefight in the distance and by the time they switch to that it's done and dusted and just the winning team looting.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Here's my idea for new PUBG content: Rotating gamemodes.

As known from League of Legends, Fortnite and every other online game ever.

Every week (or every other week, or whatever), there's an option to queue in this weeks' special gamemode.

To start with, gamemodes can be as simple as being normal games with altered rules within the confines of the current custom games:

- The circle spawns and moves twice as fast but vehicle spawn rate is tripled
- Only pistols spawn. Crossbows in air drops
- Only Kar98s spawn, no helmet 3s can spawn
- Zombie mode where ~5% of the players are humans and the rest are zombies (human number has to be very low as many will leave if they get zombie)

And then later, when Bluehole actually want to devote resources to the special gamemodes, things like fog maps, overpowered vehicles (small helicopters! APCs!), special comedy weapons can be added

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Thronde posted:

No HUD too, just ads for aiming. That'd be amazing. Also, fog/rain HC maps.

hell yeah.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
We've had no content except cosmetic crates for three months, having a weekly game mode would be nice.

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Does anyone else have a weird niche weapon that you always pick up, even if something better becomes available? For me it’s the VSS and the crossbow. I’ve been known to drop a better weapon to pick up either one of these. I’m so bad with the crossbow that I’ll often fire 2 or 3 times before getting a hit. But it’s silent so it doesn’t matter. And getting a crossbow kill will never not be awesome. The VSS is just fun for some reason. I don’t think it’s particularly strong but I always have fun with it.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
Can I ask a really stupid question? All I see about PUBG everywhere is like 3 million people are playing it at any given time but 4 million people are bitching about how awful the game is for X reason. Can't a person create their own game with X rules? Can't you just set up the parameters and make your own server? Honestly, I've never tried, but I used to play Unreal Tournament 2004 and that was in loving 2004 and it had those kinds of options, so, I just assume fourteen years later maybe modern games also have the technology. Like, I want every single game to be on X map with X parameters and I'm not going to stop bitching until this happens -- so I'll just start a custom server and stop bitching so loving much and just play the game.

On this line of thought, can one make his own map for this game? That is to say, can one host his own server, using his own map, his own rules, etc. like how unauthorized World of Warcraft servers and such have been around? This feels like a pretty naive question, but...again, I'm thinking of fourteen year old games that had this capability.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
Short answer: No

Custom games exist within PUBG but only twitch partners can host them and since noone hosts them, noone joins them. The feature might as well not exist at the moment.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

credburn posted:

Can I ask a really stupid question? All I see about PUBG everywhere is like 3 million people are playing it at any given time but 4 million people are bitching about how awful the game is for X reason. Can't a person create their own game with X rules? Can't you just set up the parameters and make your own server? Honestly, I've never tried, but I used to play Unreal Tournament 2004 and that was in loving 2004 and it had those kinds of options, so, I just assume fourteen years later maybe modern games also have the technology. Like, I want every single game to be on X map with X parameters and I'm not going to stop bitching until this happens -- so I'll just start a custom server and stop bitching so loving much and just play the game.

On this line of thought, can one make his own map for this game? That is to say, can one host his own server, using his own map, his own rules, etc. like how unauthorized World of Warcraft servers and such have been around? This feels like a pretty naive question, but...again, I'm thinking of fourteen year old games that had this capability.

You can't really, and this is fully intentional and not something that Bluehole just don't know how to do.

This entire genre was born out of custom missions and game modes created on the ARMA engine, part of what the dev team is trying to avoid is fragmentation within the playerbase, they want everybody playing in the same matchpool partly because otherwise it will just become a lot more difficult to populate 100 player maps quickly, and on top of that they also seemingly believe that ranked gameplay is the way to go and that it will increase the game's longevity.

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Soarer posted:

Did they nerf the points from squad matches? Just had a 7th place 3 man squad that gave out 98pts. Break down was 20 kill, 38 dmg, 40 team score. Wasn't a great finish but that just feels really light in the team score.

Points are awarded individually, so I'm guessing you died early?

E: and that you killed one person and shot up at least two, judging by the score

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Carecat posted:

We've had no content except cosmetic crates for three months, having a weekly game mode would be nice.

With the game having been out of early access for three months now it's becoming absurd they're still dealing with server issues and common gameplay bugs, let alone failing to introduce basic features similar games have such as different gameplay modes or level select. You'd be forgiven for not realising it was the number one selling game on steam last year by a massive margin.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
To be fair, if there's anything that's historically a huge factor in a multiplayer game dying it's fragmentation of the playerbase. I'm not surprised that anything that ends up doing something along those lines is super low priority for them.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

credburn posted:

Nope, not at the moment.
PU has talked about wanting to add mod-ability to the game, after all the the first battle royal game was an Arma mod. However it seems that this idea has been put on the back burner for the foreseeable future. To what extend the game will be able to be modded when/if this is implement we have no way of knowing.

Honestly I think this game might need to make the game pretty drat mod-able and with dedicated servers if it wants to stay relevant for years to come.

Hulebr00670065006e fucked around with this message at 16:03 on Mar 6, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

multijoe posted:

With the game having been out of early access for three months now it's becoming absurd they're still dealing with server issues and common gameplay bugs, let alone failing to introduce basic features similar games have such as different gameplay modes or level select. You'd be forgiven for not realising it was the number one selling game on steam last year by a massive margin.

- Everything has taken a backseat to trying to crack down on the cheating problem that is the general #1 complaint about the game. They've come out and said that explicitly, and said more info on new content will come in the next week or two.
- Being an extremely popular game makes dealing with server issues harder, not easier. The game really obviously wasn't built to deal with the scale it's running at currently and trying to keep a handle on that takes up a huge amount of dev time
- They've addressed level select fairly recently and don't want to implement it in a way that fragments the playerbase and potentially leads to unfilled games. I wouldn't be surprised if the most you could ever do is say what types of games you *prefer* but never straight up exclude any.
- "new game modes" is far from a basic feature

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

flatluigi posted:

To be fair, if there's anything that's historically a huge factor in a multiplayer game dying it's fragmentation of the playerbase. I'm not surprised that anything that ends up doing something along those lines is super low priority for them.

I've basically stopped playing the game now because I loving hate miramar and I can't be bothered going through 10 miramar lobbies in a row to try and get erangel.

I mean it's not the only reason (hackers, general jankyness) but it doesn't help. I can't stand the desert map and I think most people prefer erangel. Force me to play a map I don't enjoy at all for what seems like more than half of all games, and I'll just stop playing. gently caress "fragmenting the playerbase".

flatluigi posted:

- "new game modes" is far from a basic feature

New game modes could literally just be tweaking the spawn rates of different weapons, cars etc. and/or tweaking the circle behaviour. This should be a case of changing a few variables. I don't think anybody is asking for Capture the Flag mode.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Mar 6, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

WhatEvil posted:

I've basically stopped playing the game now because I loving hate miramar and I can't be bothered going through 10 miramar lobbies in a row to try and get erangel.

I mean it's not the only reason (hackers, general jankyness) but it doesn't help. I can't stand the desert map and I think most people prefer erangel. Force me to play a map I don't enjoy at all for what seems like more than half of all games, and I'll just stop playing. gently caress "fragmenting the playerbase".

New game modes could literally just be tweaking the spawn rates of different weapons, cars etc. and/or tweaking the circle behaviour. This should be a case of changing a few variables. I don't think anybody is asking for Capture the Flag mode.

To your first point, there are people who prefer the desert map or just don't care either way. The 'fragmenting the playerbase' thing is more that they can't just open separate queues for each map (cutting the playerbase in half) so they're working on a better solution. It's something they are going to do, though.

To the second, the last few dozen posts have had suggestions for new game modes that are as complex or more so than CtF so yes people are asking for that. Either way though, I doubt custom maps will be a streamer-only thing forever so you can absolutely run those slightly tweaked game modes yourself when that happens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Given that ButtHole can't seem to make the lobby work consistently I feel you may have overestimated their abilities re: why they aren't implementing more stuff. I think it's less because of design decisions and more because they haven't got a loving clue what they're doing.