Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

uhhhhhh

You two might wanna know that "flowery" is an adjective that does not necessarily (or even usually) mean "covered with actual literal flowers all over it"

ok thanks for clarifying but even so I still have nothing. No flowers of any kind. My bio is completely gone. I'd like to know more about what you're seeing.

Also, having read the doki doki entry on wikipedia, I am very interested in deleting the mod if possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## delete peramene

let's see if I get a don't fake day actions warning

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## Remove-Item –path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doki Doki Literature Club\peramene.char"

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
I hope you're all having a good time. I always put all my heart into the games that I run. The truth is, all the games I've been running this last year have all been in preparation for... well, you know. I shouldn't break the fourth wall so haphazardly, especially with the malware still rummaging around. And honestly the code is so hosed by now who knows what else is in there. ""Ooh, is she saying there's multiple scumteams? Wait, since she said that are there really? Is there a fool in this game? Can we execute Peramene??"

Haha, haha, ha. Hm. You're all just so adorable sometimes.

Maybe this isn't obvious, and I hope it hasn't been, haha, because that'd be awkward... um, I had to put all of this - y'know, this - together before making the last thread. Er, the final thread. This thread! (The best thread.) I knew I was going to get a lot out there right away and hoped no one would interrupt me... but mafia goons can be pretty goddamn clever. I said all this, um... let's see... 5:34 PM Pacific? And it's March 4th. Can you hear me?

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
I'll be here before the deadline. I'm unsure how my participation will be though. Like I might be here fully or not. I don't know.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

think you need a slight correction there, Pod had a .mod extension

## Remove-Item –path "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Doki Doki Literature Club\peramene.mod"

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Believe that deadline is 1am my time. I'll try to stay up for it.

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Passion makes the world go round.
Love just makes it a safer place.
I would think AA was scum over Nat20.

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...
This game has been an odd experience for me that I can't really describe to others

Token Female
Apr 2, 2007

If I hear the music...

Dead Cow posted:

I would think AA was scum over Nat20.

Any reason why?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

Believe that deadline is 1am my time. I'll try to stay up for it.

you could vote AA now, you know :v:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
I'm concerned because, whilst I believe AA is the correct vote, I've also been explicitly called out by Tired who claims that I'm obviously scum should I do so.

Ideally I want to address in detail why that claim is insane and set that off against Tired's lategame posting which I believe is scummy as hell.

That's hard to accomplish on mobile. So I'd rather wait till I get home and deal with it properly.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

NevergirlsOFFICIAL posted:

ok thanks for clarifying but even so I still have nothing. No flowers of any kind. My bio is completely gone. I'd like to know more about what you're seeing.

yeah my old stuff got cleared out too for the new thread, I was sad cause it was just getting good

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

I'm concerned because, whilst I believe AA is the correct vote, I've also been explicitly called out by Tired who claims that I'm obviously scum should I do so.

huh? I thought it'd be scummy if you DONT vote for AA

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Tired Moritz posted:

in fact,

##vote N20

i want to see nat20 vote aa now

This to me strongly implies that tired thinks a vote for AA is a scum tactic.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Natural 20 posted:

This to me strongly implies that tired thinks a vote for AA is a scum tactic.

that makes no sense though

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

that makes no sense though

I can see some logic, Tired reasons that having been called out I now choose to bus AA properly to save face as scum.

But there are a /lot/ of things wrong with that reasoning.

Regardless, I take the vote seriously and I take the case as I understand it seriously so I want to make a real response.

If people think I'm genuinely misunderstanding Tired please do say.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

how bout you just vote for scum and not worry if Tired thinks it's bad

I have a suspicion Tired may also be a scum!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Because this is a game about perception?

I'm making a proper case then putting down my vote, end of.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Bifauxnen posted:

but lol at you "not even realising" you defended Juchero, to the point you were comfortable jumping right to calling me a liar for saying so?

AA then Tired plz

Yeah, you've been relentless in your attack so I thought I finally had caught you making a mistake.

It was an honest mistake on my part, so I'll eat the necessary amount of crow.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

peramene posted:

I knew I was going to get a lot out there right away and hoped no one would interrupt me... but mafia goons can be pretty goddamn clever. I said all this, um... let's see... 5:34 PM Pacific? And it's March 4th. Can you hear me?

arrrrrrgh here comes that guilty feeling of thinking pera must be doing something clever but I'm not getting it

wait hold on maybe its the other bit

peramene posted:

Can we execute Peramene??"

Haha, haha, ha. Hm. You're all just so adorable sometimes.

peramene posted:

Can we execute Peramene??"

peramene posted:

Peramene??"

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

We’re definitely supposed to be doing something to pera

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

I propose we all post our wincons

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I propose we all post our wincons

but I don't even care about my outlast anymore I didn't get any new explicit wincon? But I did get something interesting, which helps me believe Nat is town after all.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Mod Clarification, Present Day: this is not a clever #peramene ruse or riddle, I'm serious. I'm sorry if my japes were confusing.

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
Votecount for Day 1

Bifauxnen (1): NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Tired Moritz, Tired Moritz
Anomalous Amalgam (1): Bifauxnen
Natural 20 (1): Tired Moritz

Not Voting (6): Anomalous Amalgam, Atomic Soda, Dead Cow, Natural 20, The Ninth Layer, Token Female

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 06th, 2018 at 5 p.m. PST -- that's in about 3 hours, 23 minutes.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

that said though, Naaaaaat its gonna fuckin happen again, just vote AA this time cripes

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Bifauxnen posted:

but I don't even care about my outlast anymore I didn't get any new explicit wincon? But I did get something interesting, which helps me believe Nat is town after all.

Interesting because I *did* get a wincon, when before I had none.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

maybe I'm a survivor :thunk:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

ok new plan, nobody kill me.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

## vote aa

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Okay let's actually have a look:

Firstly, do I still want to vote AA? Broadly yes, I goofed hard yesterday on not voting him out and that's my mistake. I don't think Bif's arguments that persuaded me yesterday have been meaningfully changed.

Why do I think this?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Lol is this still a game of mafia or has it become....

Something more

:monocle:

I need to check my character sheet

My sheet is marginally changed. Would be interested to see what changes known scummer NGO is referencing

Please tell me what drum I've been beating so far in this thread.

I'll admit that I ducked up when I said I hadn't defended AR. I didn't realize I had, I wouldn't have incredulously called you out about it if I had believed otherwise.

That was just me forgetting what I had said on their behalf because at the time I was alive in 3 or 4 games. And now I'm at a comfortable 2.

Anyhiw, I'll be around intermittently today.

Yeah, you've been relentless in your attack so I thought I finally had caught you making a mistake.

It was an honest mistake on my part, so I'll eat the necessary amount of crow.

So broadly, given my already scum leaning mindset. I feel like at best nothing has really been done to help scumhunt or clarify anything further, beyond claiming a mistake was made due to being in a large number of games, which is understandable.

At worst, there's some attempt at shade on NGO, but there's no real backing for this and when challenged by NGO we see no response. That's pretty lazy for someone claiming that they're now in a manageable 2 games.

Additionally, I think that being unable to keep up with your own train of thought this deep into a game is more likely due to being scum and unable to keep a story straight than town who can easily look over posts. If you're town and you've argued honestly you can take your time to respond carefully. If you're scum you tend to be more immediately reactive.

I think therefore that at best things are the same, at worst AA looks worse.

So ##vote AA

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

Interesting because I *did* get a wincon, when before I had none.

Same

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

so why is bif different

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

so why is bif different

Yeah, why is bif different. Did scum get wincons from the beginning?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Dead Cow posted:

Yeah, why is bif different. Did scum get wincons from the beginning?

omfg if after all that "but I never saidBif was scum!!" poo poo before, you actually do think I'm scum now after I dunked on GHGD and prolly AA next (who, might I remind you, was so worried about me being so eager to dunk him!!)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
To respond to Tired.

Unfortunately I can't quote from the other game at the moment which is a little bit of a pain.

When presented with me claiming both from a gameplay perspective and a meta perspective reasons as to why his theory of me incorrectly advising Bif by sucking up to her, his response is this:

quote:

quote:

Natural 20 posted:

You are basically saying that 1. I'm so stupid that I'd try to do the same thing twice when the previous game was less than 2 months ago 2. Bif is so stupid that she somehow forgot what I did and isn't considering it. 3. All of that is true despite the plentiful evidence to the contrary.

yes

How can I do anything here to even try to defend myself? There's no attempt at argument in good faith, his entire case is "You're an idiot." This is bullshit argumentation from a person who's barely contributed more than a line of actual analysis.

The majority of the late part of the last thread and the early parts of today were spent insulting Bif for being an idiot.

He goes on today to do this:

Tired Moritz posted:

in fact,

##vote N20

i want to see nat20 vote aa now

Tired Moritz posted:

comment before i sleep: if I think aa/n20 are scum pals, why would I vote n20 first? mainly because I dont want a quick hammer and I dont want n20 to squeak through again.

i do still think that this game is supposed to end with all of us voting pera but thats because of lore/this day is really short reasonings.

Tired Moritz posted:

i think its possible

i still read aa is town but that n20 not voting last thread is super suspicious.

This is poo poo of the highest order. I'm caught in a catch 22 by his comment. I think, for the reasons listed that AA is scum. If I honestly vote as a town player for the person I think is scum, I must in fact be scum myself. If I don't he'd swoop in with "AHA, GOT YOU IN MY TRAP SCUM."

The remainder is going for me because of my timing gently caress up. But this is basically the epitome of throwing bricks from a glass house for somebody who wasn't voting at all at day end yesterday.

TM is a scumbo who's out of decent arguments. He's going for the quickest and easiest targets he can find and not budging when basic logic is flung at him. TM after AA and we can all go home happy.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I dont think that stuff about his "trap" makes sense, but Tired really looks like he's scumbros with AA and GHGD who's all mad that I solved the whole game and also has to put up with my smarmy smugass attitude about it

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
If I voted AA I'd be scum for bussing my scumbro after pressure was put on.

If I chose not to vote AA I'd be scum for backing off my convinction.

That's why I think it's bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Cow
Nov 4, 2009

It's really hard going through multiple threads, but who was I going after when GHGD was trying to lynch me?

• Locked thread