Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I don't know why you would think it wouldn't

e - shield recruit rush with finka is dirty fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Guys, in case you're even playing outbreak, but have trouble with the big loving rushing Tank thing, fret no more - if you manage to fool him into rushing in a wall, you can run up to his back and smack his poo poo with melee.

Now you probably knew this - but, if like me and every single one of my friends had trouble doing so, the reason might be simple - you CANNOT use any other button than "v" to hit the Smasher with your knife. So if you remapped that to say, any of your mouse thumb buttons and got 200 hours of muscle memory that melee is "mouse 4", you might be having some problems.

Especially since the prompt will show your mapped melee button, but the game won't accept anything other then "v" :v:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Goddamn, the amount of pubbies in Outbreak who will just instantly activate the objective while disregarding the reinforcements. Nest doesn't have to be that hard, you idiots. :negative:

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Finally something Tachanka is actually good at!

he1ixx
Aug 23, 2007

still bad at video games
Are there any goons on PS4? I bought this game at launch to play Terrorist Hunt with friends but recently I've been hearing the buzz and re-downloaded it and got up to date on the Season content. I''ve been solo queuing in MP (and I'm pretty terrible) but having some goons to play with might be good.

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

he1ixx posted:

Are there any goons on PS4? I bought this game at launch to play Terrorist Hunt with friends but recently I've been hearing the buzz and re-downloaded it and got up to date on the Season content. I''ve been solo queuing in MP (and I'm pretty terrible) but having some goons to play with might be good.

I just started playing this on PS4 and I have added a fair amount of people here.

PSN: Javes

Regarding Outbreak, do you get anything for playing it or is all of the cosmetic content locked behind R6 credits? I played one match last night and I didn't see any rewards which seemed odd.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Ugh, second pandemic I lost on the last wave because one of my teammates left the game. Cool, I think I'm done with this.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Javes posted:

I just started playing this on PS4 and I have added a fair amount of people here.

PSN: Javes

Regarding Outbreak, do you get anything for playing it or is all of the cosmetic content locked behind R6 credits? I played one match last night and I didn't see any rewards which seemed odd.

There are a couple of challenges that will pop up throughout the month and give you some of the cosmetics. I think the current two are winning five games on normal, and once on pandemic, for a weapon accessory each.

Perestroika fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Mar 7, 2018

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Kikas posted:

Guys, in case you're even playing outbreak, but have trouble with the big loving rushing Tank thing, fret no more - if you manage to fool him into rushing in a wall, you can run up to his back and smack his poo poo with melee.

Now you probably knew this - but, if like me and every single one of my friends had trouble doing so, the reason might be simple - you CANNOT use any other button than "v" to hit the Smasher with your knife. So if you remapped that to say, any of your mouse thumb buttons and got 200 hours of muscle memory that melee is "mouse 4", you might be having some problems.

Especially since the prompt will show your mapped melee button, but the game won't accept anything other then "v" :v:

You can actually fix this by rebinding melee to something different then back to whatever button you want to use in the bind options.

This also fixes not being able to do melee finishers on regular zombies.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Kikas posted:

I rebound my melee to Mouse 3 long time ago and meleeing the Stomper works for me no problems. :shrug:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kikas posted:

We've also had a bug where, as the defenders, we injured the hostage and won cause he bled out lol.

Someone on the other team probably tried picking the hostage up before getting yelled at, which switches who injured them.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
There are a dozen or so new legendaries in the regular alpha packs, such as helmets and hats for Lesion, Ela and Capitao; as well as new weapons skins. They look neat.

https://imgur.com/a/X892P

here's a gallery

Azran fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 7, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Azran posted:

There are a dozen or so new legendaries in the regular alpha packs, such as helmets and hats for Lesion, Ela and Capitao; as well as new weapons skins. They look neat.

https://imgur.com/a/X892P

here's a gallery

A bunch of those are actually really good.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Someone on the other team probably tried picking the hostage up before getting yelled at, which switches who injured them.

No, really not. I mean we tried to do so, but our guy was killed when trying to revive the hostage - would that switch sides?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Jack Trades posted:

A bunch of those are actually really good.

No such thing as a good non-universal weapon skin. And besides Vigil, most of the new heads are just slightly fancier hats. Good new head gear should be absurd and fun, not "Lesion but also he has a mask now I guess" and "Ela but a brown hat" and "default Kapkan with goggles"

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

SpazmasterX posted:

No such thing as a good non-universal weapon skin. And besides Vigil, most of the new heads are just slightly fancier hats. Good new head gear should be absurd and fun, not "Lesion but also he has a mask now I guess" and "Ela but a winter hat"

I'm not sure if you could possibly be any more wrong.

I'd rather Siege not turn into TF2 with it's retarded hats that are on fire or sprinkle confetti just to be "absurd and fun".

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Kikas posted:

No, really not. I mean we tried to do so, but our guy was killed when trying to revive the hostage - would that switch sides?

Oh, I missed the "defenders" part. That does sound like a bug. I suppose its possible the attackers hit the hostage with a bullet while killing your guy and that switched it? We have hostage turned off for our serious tryhard games so it's been a while.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Jack Trades posted:

I'd rather Siege not turn into TF2 with it's retarded hats that are on fire or sprinkle confetti just to be "absurd and fun".

Enjoy your new color hats I guess :toot:

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
legendary ela hat should be the leaked white hair imo

the capitao hat is silly but fitting. also the blood viper pistol and devil charm look alright.

the rest are pretty boring. the 1st batch of legendaries only had a select few that were worth hoping for but as it is anyone actually buying these things probably has a gambling addiction

what they should do is take all renown based comedy option items off the store and stuff them in alpha packs. they could go a step further and knock all the old legendaries out of rotation so those mostly ugly skins have some sort of rarity to them but lol yeah right. whoever is in charge of item rarity isn't really considering stuff like this but if they handled this kind of stuff properly it would help minimize the goofy dumb poo poo in the game while still selling a ton of clancycoinz and making it so that when you actually see something silly like a clown mask it is a sign that the player has been around forever or lucky and cool

there's easily enough tacticool filler now for this to be worth it imo. goofy stuff like the steampunk thatcher should be on the store for a very limited time like the halloween stuff which owned

Cup Runneth Over posted:

Spoilers: it totally is

it would appear that they planned on limited runs being a thing from the start. they significantly updated the UI in such a way that caters to this and they haven't put that kind of effort into the game since operation health. it's actually one of the most coherent things about the skin sub-menus which is rather surprising and hopefully they take advantage of that.

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Jack Trades posted:

I agree, especially since it messes with recognition via silhouette. Kapkan should only ever get weird hoods since that's how he can be most easily recognized.

Meanwhile, Vigil looks almost just like a Recruit, but I can accept that as part of his shtick.

e: a word or two

Zomborgon fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 7, 2018

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Zomborgon posted:

it messes it recognition via silhouette.

i think its kind of cool they allow this in a class based shooter. the downside of course is that it is confusing to new and casual players. but sound is so incredibly important in this game that i feel there are enough ques between cameras and your ears that you should have an idea of who you're up against unless they are specifically trying to hide their identity.

i've been taking advantage of the new skins and last night saw a lot of attackers get killed for hesitating to shoot me in my fool yellow suit because the initial subconscious reaction most people apparently have is "oh that's the new attacker" even though there is no outline around me. enough people mentioned this in chat and i've been on the losing side of this myself so enjoy the temporary meta while it lasts

also lol at how well yellow blends into certain obj rooms

in the end i think the harder it is ID an operator the better it is for people that enjoy the stealth aspects of this game. the changes to drone spotting have been for the best. it also promotes mic usage. teams don't communicate nearly as much as they should outside of premades so you can get away with a ton of bullshit.

this is why i am always putting my reinforcements up in the latter half of the round as i generally immediately run away and hide somewhere during prep unless rook is present to blow my cover by waddling around with his dufflebag out for 8 seconds before finally deploying it in the most useless place they could find that won't entice the enemy or conceal a crouching anchor's helmet

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

Popelmon posted:

Ugh, second pandemic I lost on the last wave because one of my teammates left the game. Cool, I think I'm done with this.

It brutal during the evening hours I found(4pm est till 11est), as a lot of players don't re-enforce correctly in Normal mode, or don't understand the Smasher is a big bull that you should let run into a wall/stab in the back. Pandemic was just as bad, with either players not realizing you could run/gun and clear out a lvl before you started the events, or just straight up starting it with out re-enforcing like some have mentioned.
If you still haven't gotten it I can do a run with you, no guarantee's on how long it'll take. It took me 12 games, and on the last one finding 2 players who stuck around/retried till the end.

Also for those who haven't noticed. If you re-enforce areas and make a hole in one wall with shotty/nades, the AI seems to favour the hole for a very long time. Too the point were it feels like it just cheating as the path finding just funnels them towards those openings you make, till a Breacher blows a hole in the re-enforcement .

WaffleLove fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Mar 7, 2018

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!
seems like suppressed guns aren’t as useful as i thought they’d be in outbreak, either

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Even in Outbreak Tachanka still totally sucks. Can't set up his turret on any inclined surface, and while they saw fit to make reinforcing walls and barricading lightning-fast, the same can't be said for his turret.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Legs Benedict posted:

seems like suppressed guns aren’t as useful as i thought they’d be in outbreak, either

I've found that it depends on whether or your friends are rolling suppressed too. Though the utility is mostly for moving between setpieces.

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007

Legs Benedict posted:

That disappointed me just a touch. I was hoping it would be a clear/move/shoot type scenario in Pandemic. Instead after my like forth game, I realized I could just run/gun that poo poo.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Legs Benedict posted:

Yeah. Basically in the phases when suppressors are useful (i.e. moving from one objective to the next), you don't really need them because there aren't that many enemies around. And all the spots that actually are difficult are wave-survival situations where a suppressor is more detrimental than anything else.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Shotgun + Suppressed Secondary seems like the way to go.
I honestly don't see any reason to not always go with a shotgun in Outbreak.
Ying's Shotgun in particular just murders everything 24/7 with no downtime.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Not sure I'm getting the wrong end of the stick here or repeating stuff but getting the outbreak packs ONLY via money seems dumb as poo poo? am I wrong here?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Jack Trades posted:

Shotgun + Suppressed Secondary seems like the way to go.
I honestly don't see any reason to not always go with a shotgun in Outbreak.
Ying's Shotgun in particular just murders everything 24/7 with no downtime.

Oddly enough I found Ying's shotgun just a tad underwhelming in Outbreak, even though I prefer it in PvP. Even the regular grunts very often seem to need two shots, meaning you get like three kills per magazine and are busy reloading all the time. By comparison, with her LMG you can just hold down the trigger all day long and shut down chokepoints like nobody's business. That said, Smoke and Doc's shotguns are amazing. They one-shot poo poo all day long, and you can keep the magazine topped up easily even between individual shots.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Ying's LMG with the reflex sight is tied with the P90 as best outbreak weapon, the p90 is nutso and really fun

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer
I would really like it if I could have my free outbreak packs. Or the free elite skin. Or be able to earn alpha packs again. Or have the game recognize my year three pass at all.

Not a happy patch for me so far

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Penpal posted:

Ying's LMG with the reflex sight is tied with the P90 as best outbreak weapon, the p90 is nutso and really fun

I didn't think the P90 would be great, but holy poo poo it shreds

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
On one hand I feel like kind of a shitbird by slamming Finka every game, but on the other, she's so goddamn broken and fun.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

generally the fatter the mag the more hits it will take to kill but LMGs are the best of both worlds since you're still going for headshots but ai is predictably dumb as gently caress

the gign shotgun owns and puts the others to shame for some reason

mp5 posted:

Even in Outbreak Tachanka still totally sucks. Can't set up his turret on any inclined surface, and while they saw fit to make reinforcing walls and barricading lightning-fast, the same can't be said for his turret.

his turret loving owns in outbreak and they give you like 900 bullets for each one with that is renewable at every checkpoint

e: also time to setup should be irrelevant given the pacing of the gamemode and how long it takes for anything to get close enough to kill you if you moving from corner to corner

for tachanka you wanna run the smg instead of the shotgun (see above) and the pmm because the gsh or whatever the bigger mag pistol is called loving sucks and has the least stopping power of practically anything available

i've played the mode with every operator and finka/doc/ash and even tachanka are easily the top picks. we cleared the hardmode first try by just having tachanka setup in a corner while doc covered his immediate flanks with the shotgun and i ran around kiting everything as ash while dropping the hostage on occasion to use my ability/c4 which can pretty much 1 shot even the apex things if hit them directly. just be careful around the hostage because the hitbox seems massive and triggers the nade launcher when it shouldnt in certain rooms

after that smoke is p good if you know how to use his grenades. shotgun/mac10 is an obviously great combo. cant confirm but using smoke nades and beauties on the tank seemed to trigger it to rush into walls more often but who knows

the rest aren't bad but don't really stand out much. lion's ability is good when you are in stealth phase and your teammates arent retarded. use it by the house where you thermite charge and lol when the entire thing turns red

glaz is the worst pick unless you wanna be a kewl awp nerd. i tried him out its not like he gets a crazy dps buff or totally outshine a competent silenced acog in the stealth phase. instead you're constantly aiming for headshots until you suffer arthritis and hipshot spamming when they get too close which is too often

Thief fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Mar 7, 2018

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Thief posted:

generally the fatter the mag the more hits it will take to kill but LMGs are the best of both worlds since you're still going for headshots but ai is predictably dumb as gently caress

the gign shotgun owns and puts the others to shame for some reason

his turret loving owns in outbreak and they give you like 900 bullets for each one with that is renewable at every checkpoint

e: also time to setup should be irrelevant given the pacing of the gamemode and how long it takes for anything to get close enough to kill you if you moving from corner to corner

for tachanka you wanna run the smg instead of the shotgun (see above) and the pmm because the gsh or whatever the bigger mag pistol is called loving sucks and has the least stopping power of practically anything available

i've played the mode with every operator and finka/doc/ash and even tachanka are easily the top picks. we cleared the hardmode first try by just having tachanka setup in a corner while doc covered his immediate flanks with the shotgun and i ran around kiting everything as ash while dropping the hostage on occasion to use my ability/c4 which can pretty much 1 shot even the apex things if hit them directly. just be careful around the hostage because the hitbox seems massive and triggers the nade launcher when it shouldnt in certain rooms

after that smoke is p good if you know how to use his grenades. shotgun/mac10 is an obviously great combo. cant confirm but using smoke nades and beauties on the tank seemed to trigger it to rush into walls more often but who knows

the rest aren't bad but don't really stand out much. lion's ability is good when you are in stealth phase and your teammates arent retarded. use it by the house where you thermite charge and lol when the entire thing turns red

glaz is the worst pick unless you wanna be a kewl awp nerd. i tried him out its not like he gets a crazy dps buff or totally outshine a competent silenced acog in the stealth phase. instead you're constantly aiming for headshots until you suffer arthritis and hipshot spamming when they get too close which is too often
I know the beauties(probably) won't damage teammates on normal mode, but I wonder if they can kill the doc/jager if thrown right on them and detonated

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Thief posted:

I'm not sure om what world Chanka's turret is any good in Outbreak.
It still requires a shitload of shots to kill grunts via bodyshots and it has low enough RoF with a really garbage recoil that makes going for headshots harder than it should be.

I was playing a bunch of Tachanka at first but primary SMG is just plain better at killing grunts than his turret in almost every way.
He's totally useless.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

he is excellent during the phases just after you reinforce corner walls and there are waves inbound. if you're having recoil problems you are holding the trigger down too long. this is the same for pvp. the trick to tachanka's turret is to shoot in bursts. once you can control the recoil it is a headshot machine with minimal downtime.

tachanka was quite blatantly meant to be good in this event and idk if yall are trolling or what by saying he is literally useless in comparison to half the other operators

SmallpoxJenkins posted:

I know the beauties(probably) won't damage teammates on normal mode, but I wonder if they can kill the doc/jager if thrown right on them and detonated

i haven't risked trying it because it would make you start all over but most of the friendly fire stuff seems to be toned down a notch.

ying's flash apparently still blinds teammates but goes away immediately

regular smoke grenades confuse the ai so it can be a good suppression device for ppl having trouble getting big combos with the claymores

buck is great because the shotgun acts as an emergency switch when you get overrun and will absolutely buy you a full reload time. just don't use his dmr imo.

edit: also lol when i logged in the first time and saw the menu i was like "why does lion look so much like buck?" then i saw the :canada: and laughed

Thief fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Mar 7, 2018

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Thief posted:

he is excellent during the phases just after you reinforce corner walls and there are waves unbound. if you're having recoil problems you are holding the trigger down too long. this is the same for pvp. the trick to tachanka's turret is to shoot in bursts. once you can control the recoil it is a headshot machine with minimal downtime.

tachanka was quite blatantly meant to be good in this event and idk if yall or trolling or what by saying he is literally useless in comparison to half the other operators

I'm not trolling, even having played a bunch of Chanka in Outbreak myself I honestly don't see how his turret is any better at killing grunts than his SMG which has better firerate, accuracy, recoil and reload speed.
Sure the turret has more ammo in the magazine but the SMG's reload speed is fast enough that I didn't find that to ever be a problem and all other advantages outweight this one drawback heavily in my experience. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

Thief posted:

he is excellent during the phases just after you reinforce corner walls and there are waves unbound. if you're having recoil problems you are holding the trigger down too long. this is the same for pvp. the trick to tachanka's turret is to shoot in bursts. once you can control the recoil it is a headshot machine with minimal downtime.

tachanka was quite blatantly meant to be good in this event and idk if yall or trolling or what by saying he is literally useless in comparison to half the other operators

i haven't risked trying it because it would make you start all over but most of the friendly fire stuff seems to be toned down a notch.

ying's flash apparently still blinds teammates but goes away immediately

regular smoke grenades confuse the ai so it can be a good suppression device for ppl having trouble getting big combos with the claymores

buck is great because the shotgun acts as an emergency switch when you get overrun and will absolutely buy you a full reload time. just don't use his dmr imo.

The Ying flash is just one bright rear end burst, and then it goes away, same with the other flashes. So feel free to flash away, gently caress the other guys.
A tactic I use is to toss a smoke into some chokehold and ignore it while I focus on a different lane, cause they will just sit there and flail about until it's gone.
And yeah gently caress the CAMRS, I wanted to kill myself when I used it the one time on buck