Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Gonzo McFee posted:

Stephanie is going to get a distraction roll up win at Mania with the justification that the feud must go on and that they can't have two undefeated women at the same time.

Ronda will never get her win back and they'll end Asuka's run on a random Raw.

This is a deep and rich truth the likes of which hasn't been posted for a long time.

bradzilla posted:

Only one of these might actually happen and Mania will be really bad probably. On a related note, is Shane not having his yearly vanity match?

Maybe Shane will do a run in and help Kurt and Her out so we can have the annual mcmahon feud pop up at Summerfest or whatever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
They need to give Tamina and Nia a 40 minute Broadway at the show of shows. Have them fight over letters NIA in their names, One letter per fall, ending in a double countount.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
What are the odds Stephanie and HHH win but Kurt takes the pin? Ronda gets "protected" and Stephanie gets to win a wrestlemania match against a UFC champion and a Hall of Famer.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I would like to hear from anyone who would feel appreciably different about that match or anyone in it based on its outcome. Tell to me your secret feelings of where it will take the participants, should it go left or right at that fork in the road

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://giant.gfycat.com/AccomplishedSharpAlleycat.webm

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Reminds me of the one gif of a puppy being held under a faucet and its swimming in mid air.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
The apparent obsession with a proper "coronation" for Roman is funny because I feel like top guys (or would-be top guys) in the past just kind of slid into the role with a fairly standard build.

Hogan - beat Sheik at an MSG house show after a short transitional reign
Bret - beat Flair at a house show
Diesel - beat Backlund at an MSG house show after a short transitional reign
Shawn - collapsed on Raw and had a big face comeback for the Rumble win, won title at WrestleMania and "received torch" from previous face champion
Austin - Rumble win, Tyson angle, beat champion at WrestleMania
Rock - I guess only winning the title as a face should count, so... sorta-wins Rumble, loses four-way at WrestleMania, wins title at Backlash
Cena - beats JBL at WrestleMania
Roman - ???

So Shawn and Austin had fairly drawn-out WrestleMania arcs. Before that they'd tend to jump-start "the guy" at random times (at MSG if they could help it). Since then I guess they've cemented the idea that it has to happen via the Rumble -> WrestleMania path, with occasional deviations (Cena being a rumble runner up, Rock winning at Backlash).

Cena's a funny one to me because he just had a whatever match in the middle of the card, on a night where Batista was the main star. They didn't feel a need to have a do-over on the "coronation," unless you wanna count the Rock matches.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Minidust posted:

The apparent obsession with a proper "coronation" for Roman is funny because I feel like top guys (or would-be top guys) in the past just kind of slid into the role with a fairly standard build.

Shawn - collapsed on Raw and had a big face comeback for the Rumble win, won title at WrestleMania and "received torch" from previous face champion
Rock - I guess only winning the title as a face should count, so... sorta-wins Rumble, loses four-way at WrestleMania, wins title at Backlash
Roman - ???

So Shawn and Austin had fairly drawn-out WrestleMania arcs. Before that they'd tend to jump-start "the guy" at random times (at MSG if they could help it). Since then I guess they've cemented the idea that it has to happen via the Rumble -> WrestleMania path, with occasional deviations (Cena being a rumble runner up, Rock winning at Backlash).

Cena's a funny one to me because he just had a whatever match in the middle of the card, on a night where Batista was the main star. They didn't feel a need to have a do-over on the "coronation," unless you wanna count the Rock matches.

Roman was originally supposed to just beat Brock at Mania 31 but they changed plans, so it was going to be fairly standard.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I count rock vs cena cause it was once in a lifetime

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I really enjoyed it.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Minidust posted:

Roman - ???

Mankind - Wins title on a Raw and loses it pretty quickly after.
Edge - Cashes in the first Money in the Bank after the match but loses it before Wrestlemania
Jericho - Beat HHH on a random Raw but lost it same night and then won the WCW title against the Rock and then became the Undisputed Champion by beating Rock and Austin in the same night after turning heel.

Yeah, in recent years most new champions became so due to the use of the Money in the Bank. And most often than not, there is no corniation. The only corniations I can think of are:

Randy Savage
Ultimate Warrior
Bret Hart
Shawn Michaels
Steve Austin
Batista
John Cena
Daniel Bryan (fight me)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Blaise330 posted:

I count rock vs cena cause it was once in a lifetime

which one

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

:thejoke:

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

i can't remember ever having done so before but i turned off smackdown in the middle of aj's promo

poo poo is diiiiiiire

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Here's the clip of Drake setting up for a reset that they just left in the aired video:
https://streamable.com/ba6ag

Amazing.

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Road Dogg needs to be off SmackDown asap because holy jesus it’s gotten bad.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Am I the only one that despite the crazy bullshit booking and 'Shane/Daniel storyline that won't end' that I'd still rather catch Smackdown over Raw just for the people who show up and get to wrestle what they wrestle?

The only things on Raw catching my attention/not driving me nuts are whatever Braun/Elias are doing (which can't have a beneficial end) and half of whatever Miz is into.

(Granted I say all this before I've caught this weeks Smackdown so...)

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

After Mania, just call up whoever is writing NXT like they did with Ryan Ward a couple of years ago.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Gable and Benjamin also had a Day joke but I forget what it was.

It was a training day reference I'm pretty sure.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

much like how the CWC and the MYC tournaments were perhaps the best things WWE has done in forever, the character beats that come out of the Mixed Match tourney is fantastic. I'd rather see WWE become a series of poo poo like this: just bracketed tournaments forever and small but well done character builds. It'd be 200x better than the promo wars and meaningless matches.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DLC Inc posted:

much like how the CWC and the MYC tournaments were perhaps the best things WWE has done in forever, the character beats that come out of the Mixed Match tourney is fantastic. I'd rather see WWE become a series of poo poo like this: just bracketed tournaments forever and small but well done character builds. It'd be 200x better than the promo wars and meaningless matches.

I like how it looks like Jimmy is hiding behind Naomi but talking big. "If my wife wasn't here, I'd beat you up, big man... b-but she IS here so i'm just gonna stand here..."

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Team Littlebig is a terrible name

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Should've called themselves Team big.LITTLE like the mobile CPU architecture.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I almost wonder if they might save the Ultimate Deletion for the Raw AFTER Mania.

Also, who wants to lay odds on if WWE are dumb enough to have Cole & co do commentary on it?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

bradzilla posted:

Team Littlebig is a terrible name

You're right, it should have been Team LittleBigPlanet and Braun should have been dressed as a sackboy

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Commissar Ken posted:

Am I the only one that despite the crazy bullshit booking and 'Shane/Daniel storyline that won't end' that I'd still rather catch Smackdown over Raw just for the people who show up and get to wrestle what they wrestle?

The only things on Raw catching my attention/not driving me nuts are whatever Braun/Elias are doing (which can't have a beneficial end) and half of whatever Miz is into.

(Granted I say all this before I've caught this weeks Smackdown so...)

Nah, I still tend to enjoy Smackdown more. Raw tends to be more infuriating while Smackdown is "this could be better but I like the roster"

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Rollins, Asuka, and whatnot, I'm more into Raw, but two hours would be preferable. If they made Owens a monster babyface and gave him the belt then Smackdown would be my fav.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Heavy Metal posted:

Rollins, Asuka, and whatnot, I'm more into Raw, but two hours would be preferable.
I'm rooting for Fox so hard if the rumors of Raw being two hours on a different network are true.

Also have to wonder if Smackdown would go to a different night... wasn't the change to Smackdown LIVE, and in fact the entire brand split, done at the request of USA Network?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Minidust posted:

I'm rooting for Fox so hard if the rumors of Raw being two hours on a different network are true.

Also have to wonder if Smackdown would go to a different night... wasn't the change to Smackdown LIVE, and in fact the entire brand split, done at the request of USA Network?

Presumably, Fox would want SmackDown to drive viewership to FS1, so the brand split might live on and SmackDown would stay live. Maybe. Probably not.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Gaz-L posted:

I almost wonder if they might save the Ultimate Deletion for the Raw AFTER Mania.

Also, who wants to lay odds on if WWE are dumb enough to have Cole & co do commentary on it?

i checked and they didnt do commentary on the house of horrors match, so probably not

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Incessant Excess posted:

Should've called themselves Team big.LITTLE like the mobile CPU architecture.

Team Lion on Rabbit.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Raskolnikov38 posted:

i checked and they didnt do commentary on the house of horrors match, so probably not

Works of art don't need commentary, they speak for themselves.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Gaz-L posted:

Start it during the 7 hour preshow and have them teleport from the compound to the arena at some point during the main show to finish

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Bonus points for starting the match in the dark of night and somehow ending it with a sunset.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos

a new study bible! posted:

Bonus points for starting the match in the dark of night and somehow ending it with a sunset.

You don't ever see that kind of endurance in njpw

Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

If this slam dunk of a match doesn't end with Bray either using a massive taped together arsenal of Roman candles or shielding himself with a boat I shall be very disappointed.

It also needs Reby Sky and drones and his father in law as a ref.

gently caress it just have Bray emerge from a swamp pond all Jason Vorhees-like.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

what if it has bray wyatt turning into husky harris

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What if Bray drowns in the lake and never shows up again because he's loving poo poo garbage

bartok
May 10, 2006

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

It's amazing how everything turned to poo poo after Elimination Chamber 2017. I blame the new safer design of the chamber.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

DLC Inc posted:

Tournament arcs are the best episodes of anime somehow and they have the most character development. Weird how that works out.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 8, 2018

• Locked thread