Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Husky Harris was also a bad wrestler.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
This is an absolute non-sequitur but I just realized how dumb it was that there was a stable called the Corporation and there was someone in it named the Big Boss Man but instead of being anyone's boss he was a third-tier flunky anyway yes Bray Wyatt is bad.

Gambit from the X-Men
May 12, 2001

a war boy standing alone in the desert blasting his mouth with cum from a dildo

Wazzu posted:

But yeah, it was made awful. God a cult leader would be so great, let lower card goods get seduced and get a gimmick revamp, but instead he only goes after main eventers and fails almost all the time. I like to imagine with joy how great it would have been for Randy Wyatt to have continued until now- happy Randy becoming more of a swamp creature, that awful plotline to have no happened.

print his face out and glue it to a popsicle stick. watch old WCW and wiggle it in front of Raven's head whenever he has a segment. hum Broken Out In Love over That Smell. call your friends, tell them you miss them. remember once a fondness you had as a child. get a pet which will share its warmth on the cold nights ahead. find a personal quest. forgive your enemies. give change to the homeless. tighten the bandana around your face and resist the injustice of this world. marry a Jewish girl.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Bray is bad because he is a heel who loses all his feuds and yet nobody who wins a feud with him gets more over, which means he sucks at being a heel.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Evil Canadian posted:

Yeah the tag team champions of your marquee show don't need to wrestle at the biggest show of the year, makes sense.

Stephanie McMahon does!

MassRafTer posted:

No one is doing that, and I don't think this is the first time you have made this strawman argument. The argument is, If Bray's so good, why are almost all of his matches bad and why do his opponents end up less over after feuding with him?

Bray Wyatt is not the only wrestler who suffers from WWE's creative being bad. In fact, every wrestler is subject to WWE's creative. Yet some consistently have great matches with top talent. Bray on the other hand had middling to bad matches with everyone he's faced since last Wrestlemania. Everyone who has feuded with him has ended up less over than they were coming in from Randy Orton to Matt Hardy.

His promos have been stale for years and his matches just aren't very good except rare occasions with top wrestlers, and those are the exceptions against top wrestlers.

Bryan Alvarez recently talked about how Miz is a good talker, but bad promo. His delivery is good and all, but it doesn't get him invested in watching a wrestling match. Bray is like a magnified version of that. Sometimes he has good delivery, but it's all this rambling stuff of no real consequence. It's generic "I'm the saviour of the masses, there is darkness in the human soul. You pretend to be a good person, but actually you are also bad!" - it's so rare to want more of him, because matches, promos, etc. it feels the same.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Harper beating Bray and Orton at mania woulda capped off their like 6+ month storyline and all 3 woulda been better off at the end of that story. Instead we get ramp snake, projector ring, then later the house of horrors with Harper doing tv tag matches with Orton against Bray despite being more angry at Orton than Bray.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ramp snake was good though.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

:hellyeah:

Bray could probably be doing better than what WWE gives him but that’s true of most of the roster, and most of the roster deserve it more than he does

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
:psyduck:

Normally this would go in the Stupid Wrestling Fan thread but...it's certainly something.

http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018/0307/637667/man-shot-at-the-wwe-performance-center-in-2015-causes-a-scene/

quote:

Armando Alejandro Montalvo, the WWE fan who was shot outside of the WWE Performance Center on August 31st, 2015, appeared outside of tonight's WWE NXT TV tapings at Full Sail University and caused a scene.

According to fans waiting outside of the venue before doors were opened, Montalvo was ranting about WWE, DX and about how Vince McMahon will have to shoot him again to stop him. Security was called but Montalvo jumped into a waiting car and drove away before they could catch up to him.

Montalvo had been on WWE's radar before the shooting after a history of bizarre behavior outside of the Performance Center. He had also posted several videos to social media, ranting on how he was obsessed with several female WWE Superstars, including AJ Lee and WWE Hall of Famer Lita. Some of Montalvo's videos had him spreading urine and feces on photos of WWE talents and on the outside of WWE buildings. Montalvo was shot by police who responded to a disturbance call at the Performance Center that day. Montalvo reportedly charged at one of the officers with a handful of rocks after a confrontation. He survived the shooting and has been wrapped up in the legal process since then, even as recent as January of this year. He was charged with trespassing, resisting arrest and aggravated assault on a law enforcement officer for the incident at the Performance Center. Montalvo has had numerous run-ins with law enforcement since that incident and still makes daily references to WWE on social media, accusing Vince of being out to get him. Montalvo often posts videos of what he calls "wrestling promos" that mention WWE, Vince and numerous wrestlers.

I hope the women at the performance center get a security detail or something because jesus christ this guy is nuts, and it's only a matter of time before he does something dangerous to the PC talent.

Note: Apparently he was bonded out, so it's not unlikely they revoke the bond and throw him back in jail until his trial, because he is a loving dumbass and decided to trespass again.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:20 on Mar 8, 2018

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Dave on the WOR saying that WWE should have AJ win so we can get Nakamura/Styles but the doubt creeping in and him worrying about Nakamura/Ziggler or Nakamura/Corbin was pretty amusing

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I mean ramp snake did get to be on the wrestlemania dvd, unlike Neville.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Dave on the WOR saying that WWE should have AJ win so we can get Nakamura/Styles but the doubt creeping in and him worrying about Nakamura/Ziggler or Nakamura/Corbin was pretty amusing

Corbin, Ziggler and even Owens being in this match is so dumb. Cena/AJ/Zayn, with all 3 arguing that they want to be champion AND that they all want to avenge their big loss to Nakamura on the biggest stage of all would be a solid storyline and would be more effective at sowing doubt among the smarks who could see any of the three matches as plausible and desirable. And the other three can fill out the undercard instead of having yet another Smackdown show go like 40 minutes short because they booked too many multi-person matches.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Gaz-L posted:

Corbin, Ziggler and even Owens being in this match is so dumb. Cena/AJ/Zayn, with all 3 arguing that they want to be champion AND that they all want to avenge their big loss to Nakamura on the biggest stage of all would be a solid storyline and would be more effective at sowing doubt among the smarks who could see any of the three matches as plausible and desirable. And the other three can fill out the undercard instead of having yet another Smackdown show go like 40 minutes short because they booked too many multi-person matches.

But how would all of that showcase the talents of Smackdown Live's only one true Super Star, Shane "O" "The Money" "Mac" McMahon?

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I loved Ramp Snake the way a lot of people here seemed to love the Sting and Triple H match

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

OctoberCountry posted:

I loved Ramp Snake the way a lot of people here seemed to love the Sting and Triple H match

Terminator Triple H vs Ramp Snake would be the best thing on Syfy since The Magicians

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
https://twitter.com/GottaGetSwann/status/971713244669923328

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Midnightghoul posted:

Bray is going to have to work the arson desk now because he cheated on his wife

I appreciate this reference :golfclap:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
if Sami wins and sets up a triple threat that'd be good and if aj just wins that'd also be good.

any other result, bleh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Husky Harris was also a bad wrestler.

Y'know what, you're a bad wrestler.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
I really think if Bray hadn't gotten hurt so soon after the brief team up with Roman that those two joining forces against the Authority would have been a fun few months that would have both in a better place today. For a bit there anytime Wyatt family looked like they might be turning face the crowd loved it, but it never happened and here we are.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Wyatts/Shield was so loving good. Bray the cult leader is so much better than Bray the Singles guy, and it always sucked that Harper never became his pet Main event level Monster on a leash.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Actually watch the finish of the title match being a double pin spot with Ziggler and Zayn and we end up with a 4 way for mania cause SmackDown!

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I really think if Bray hadn't gotten hurt so soon after the brief team up with Roman that those two joining forces against the Authority would have been a fun few months that would have both in a better place today. For a bit there anytime Wyatt family looked like they might be turning face the crowd loved it, but it never happened and here we are.

There was a nice reaction for Bray staring down Hunter near the end of the '16 Rumble. Yeah, I wish they could've gone somewhere with that.

(Also remember when the Wyatts screwed over Brock in that same Rumble, Heyman came out the next night to say they'd deal with them later, and then.....uh nothing happened?)

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

reminder that they also teased the wyatts secretly working for the authority like the shield was overtly doing and they never really did anything with it

Imagine where Wyatt beats Cena at WM 30 and then comes to claim his "payment" for his dirty work in the aftermath of the shield destroying evolution

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

D.N. Nation posted:

There was a nice reaction for Bray staring down Hunter near the end of the '16 Rumble. Yeah, I wish they could've gone somewhere with that.

(Also remember when the Wyatts screwed over Brock in that same Rumble, Heyman came out the next night to say they'd deal with them later, and then.....uh nothing happened?)

They did the staredown again right before Roadblock and I'm pretty sure it got a pop then too.

Also, hey, that's not true. Wyatt and Harper faced Lesnar in a 2-on-1 handicap match at Roadblock!

...which Wyatt immediately tagged out of and bailed on so Harper could get squashed by Lesnar.

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
I feel like a massive hypnotized Wyatt stable is the perfect setup for Survivor Series.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Actually watch the finish of the title match being a double pin spot with Ziggler and Zayn and we end up with a 4 way for mania cause SmackDown!

you're joking but this is some road dogg poo poo

free smackdown :(

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Ah I remember that era. It's when the authority had the world title AND the royal rumble win so they had absolute 100% control over how it's defended at wrestlemania. So they decide they make it be between 2 of HHH's arch-nemesises and Brock loving Lesnar. "Hmm lets see.. I can fight anyone in the world I want... k lets put Frieza, Thanos, and Shin Akuma in a triple threat and I'll fight the winner"

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

VJeff posted:

They did the staredown again right before Roadblock and I'm pretty sure it got a pop then too.

Also, hey, that's not true. Wyatt and Harper faced Lesnar in a 2-on-1 handicap match at Roadblock!

...which Wyatt immediately tagged out of and bailed on so Harper could get squashed by Lesnar.

ah, shoot, I had legit forgotten everything about that glorified house show other than the surprisingly excellent Ambrose/Trips match.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
It also had a Cody Rhodes vs. Sami Zayn match that was bafflingly bad for those two names.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

VJeff posted:

It also had a Cody Rhodes vs. Sami Zayn match that was bafflingly bad for those two names.

Sami selling so hard to Stardust is still burned into my memory vividly.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
remember Stardust

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Feels Villeneuve posted:

remember Stardust

let's not

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Stardust was beloved for about two weeks

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Stardust is big

Stardust is bold

Stardust is covered

In a layer of stars!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Stardust was cool until they decided he should never win or do anything of importance ever again and then he stuck around for another year and a half

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Stardust was the shits

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

John Dudebro posted:

Stardust was cool until they decided he should never win or do anything of importance ever again and then he stuck around for another year and a half

Yeah, that drove Cody up a drat wall apparently too, and is the biggest part of him quitting.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
cody is good
stardust was... as good as he could have made it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

remember when stardust and the ascension were a stable for like a month

that could have been fun if they had ever done anything with it

• Locked thread