Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
Both the Fox panel and the PPV announce team were gushing over him to an embarrassing degree.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
If he were good he would have finished sokunthanth while his leg was hosed up in the first two rounds. The other dude could not put any weight on his leg

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Gay Horney posted:

If he were good he would have finished sokunthanth while his leg was hosed up in the first two rounds. The other dude could not put any weight on his leg

Your narrative of who was whom is really fluid.

Ironic Twist
Aug 3, 2008

I'm bokeh, you're bokeh
https://twitter.com/AngieOverkill/status/972212392275800064

Angela Hill weighs in on the positives and negatives of performance-enhancing testosterone

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
thought she was talking about Helwani at first

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
drat too bad taht guy is never gonna learn stairway to heaven

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

JaySB, you didn't keep us in the loop on this one
https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/3/9259477/paige-vanzant-explains-why-shes-no-longer-dating-fellow-ufc-fighter
I mean last I heard Cody was dating that drama girl.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Angela Mangina DESTROYS some guy on twitter by saying he plays guitar

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
https://gfycat.com/MarvelousFarawayBrocketdeer

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

JaySB, you didn't keep us in the loop on this one
https://www.mmafighting.com/2015/9/3/9259477/paige-vanzant-explains-why-shes-no-longer-dating-fellow-ufc-fighter
I mean last I heard Cody was dating that drama girl.

That article is over 2 years old...Cody married said girl and they have a baby due next week. I was at their baby shower :smug:

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

JaySB posted:

That article is over 2 years old...Cody married said girl and they have a baby due next week. I was at their baby shower :smug:

Thats cool, whatd you guys tell all the women when they asked why you were in the coat closet for 20 minutes?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

JaySB posted:

drat you, content recommendation engines.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Did you ever say the guy who was lovely at bjj?

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

Bluedeanie posted:

Thats cool, whatd you guys tell all the women when they asked why you were in the coat closet for 20 minutes?

20? Back in my day it used to only be 7 minutes in heaven. Inflation is outta control.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Bluedeanie posted:

Neither of can go 20 minutes without busting. Let's be honest

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

spb posted:

Did you ever say the guy who was lovely at bjj?

I did not, but he did lose.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

goddamn, lol

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

That would have been my KO of the year last year if it wasn't for Ngannou banishing Overeem to the Land of Wind and Ghosts.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I remember that one because the live TV broadcast missed it, it cut to a random shot of an empty press conference table and when it came back Diego was in ragdoll physics on the ground.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Matt Brown didn't retire in the end did he? That would've been the perfect way to go out

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Matt Brown didn't retire in the end did he? That would've been the perfect way to go out

He wants to fight again

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.
Isn't he fighting Condit? Pretty sure that's the plan

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Biafraid posted:

Isn't he fighting Condit? Pretty sure that's the plan

Yeah, 14th of April, Gaethje vs. Poirier on Fox.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I remember that one because the live TV broadcast missed it, it cut to a random shot of an empty press conference table and when it came back Diego was in ragdoll physics on the ground.

I was in the crowd, front row, basically right behind the door panel that Diego falls into. It was god drat gnarly.

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Matt Lindland posted:

Angela Mangina DESTROYS some guy on twitter by saying he plays guitar

If you could loving squint your steroid enhanced eyes a little harder so you could actually read for one second without your nerd glasses you'd notice she said he CANT play it

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Shes saying he PLAYS guitar but is having a HARD TIME learning the chords to stairway to heaven!

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

You: Shee SAY he no know how to play stairway to heaven!!!!!!!!!! That mean the insult is he CANT play guitar, not that he's a guitar dweeb who likes stupid crap & is young!!!!

Me:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Also Angela hill and Angela magana are at least in theory different people

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Matt Lindland posted:

You: Shee SAY he no know how to play stairway to heaven!!!!!!!!!! That mean the insult is he CANT play guitar, not that he's a guitar dweeb who likes stupid crap & is young!!!!

Me:

Lol

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Sure she will never be a champion or fight for a title or have memorable fights people care about or be known by anyone in general but the guitar burn was brutal

CatelynIsAZombie
Nov 16, 2006

I can't wait to bomb DO-DON-GOES!

Matt Lindland posted:

Me:

Oh yeah bitch? you play the guitar *mike drop*

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.

Matt Lindland posted:

Me:

Did the right side of your face just droop to match the left side over time?

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You know current UFC is exciting when the discussion thread drops to the second page

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Well at least 223 will be the first really great card of the year.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

dunno gaetje vs poirier is probably going to be extremely sick on its own. Condit - brown and thats a fox card. Hopefully the undercard will be as brutal as is tradition.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
I am excited for the debut this Saturday of Mean Hakeem Dawodu, who is succeeding Nick Ring as The One Guy From Calgary Who Actually Made It To The UFC.

He's also way more fun to watch than Ring, but we'll see if that holds up in the big leagues.

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

A mean kid named Hakeem once bit me on the arm in kindergarten.

Goatse vs Poirier is a cool fight

so is condit brown.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I got baited into tuning in to Helwani's show when DJ came on because they were teasing a "big announcement". I was thinking wait, they can't be announcing a fight, because DJ is hurt and recovering. And yeah DJ wants TJ, but they have nothing to announce there.

The big announcement? DJ is now sponsored by, and a spokesman for Zevia Soda. lol

https://www.zevia.com/products

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I drank a Zevia once and was waylaid by intestinal cramping and swamp farts for like 4 hours

good sponsor for mighty mouse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Now MM will have the hands of Dan Quinn and the stamina and cartwheel ability of prime Diego.

• Locked thread