Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Yeah the shifty station was really fun this time around.

Ended on Queen with I think a positive W/L ratio, but MusselForge's garbage design earned me a few losses at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mussel Forge pwns

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I’m having a poo poo ton of fun with the dynamo rollers. This is the first time I’ve used it since Splatoon 1 and it seems the buffs made it usable again.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Im gonna miss this shifty station its a neat gimmick

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

The Deleter posted:

Yeah the shifty station was really fun this time around.

Ended on Queen with I think a positive W/L ratio, but MusselForge's garbage design earned me a few losses at the end.

Someone has clearly never played on Arowana Mall.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

I'm starting to play this game again after managing to tear myself away from all the great games that've come out recently, and I'd just like to say whatever stage that is with the grate floor catwalks is incredibly unfun to play compared to the other two in rotation right now.

Also I wish I had more dualies to play around with but I'm only level 8 right now and that's a problem that'll solve itself in time I guess.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

I don't understand why the solo queue randos are so hesitant to attempt to take the domes.

They are so clearly and obviously a huge advantage to lock down, and no one else seems to be even considering them. Every time we get shifty now, i'm bum rushing our dome to get it painted, then hauling it over to the opponents to try and keep it locked down. But regardless of if i'm successful in taking theirs or not, no one keeps an eye on ours so we lose it every time.

And then the central dome starts to come down and it's like every one is trying to avoid it like the plague. It's really frustrating, because this is a really fun map being ruined by idiots.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Crawfish posted:

Every time we get shifty now, i'm bum rushing our dome to get it painted, then hauling it over to the opponents to try and keep it locked down. But regardless of if i'm successful in taking theirs or not, no one keeps an eye on ours so we lose it every time.

I feel your pain. I share it.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
loving two chargers and a brush on the one loving game I take my Carbon Roller out of storage. Just the worst.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Ended the climb to egg royalty with a score of 18-14. Highest power was 2220.1. Not my best work, because matchmaking kept insisting on matching me up against teams that vastly outclass me several times.

Mad Katter
Aug 23, 2010

STOP THE BATS
I really suck at starfish mainstage. I feel like I can carry an average team on the other maps, but on starfish mainstage I'm probably a liability.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

In Training posted:

This may be the first splatfest I keep playing at queen because I like the shift station so much

Same, I hit Chicken King at like 2am last night with power level 2100 (a personal high I think) and I'm gonna break some more eggs now until things wrap up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

raditts posted:

Same, I hit Chicken King at like 2am last night with power level 2100 (a personal high I think) and I'm gonna break some more eggs now until things wrap up.

I'd probably play out the last hour if Moray wasn't in rotation

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Oh man. Having the carbon roller on a firefly round in salmon run and just mowing over 3 dozen salmonids is amazing

Smiles
Oct 23, 2012

played for fifty games and ended at 34-16 and 2215.3 power for egg

would have won more if i didnt end up goofing off so much at shifty station, thunderdome more like squid party dome rofl

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

https://twitter.com/Arkestar/status/972178787327774721?ref_src=twcamp%5Ecopy%7Ctwsrc%5Eandroid%7Ctwgr%5Ecopy%7Ctwcon%5E7090%7Ctwterm%5E3

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

When are we gonna see the results again for this?

Randumb Thots
Apr 5, 2015

ArmyOfMidgets posted:

Made it t Egg Queen on 18 wins and 17 losses.

Hell, exact same for me, except King.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Egg Queen

21-16

and I just learned that you can see which of your friends picked which side in the app!

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I'm glad the game knows when the match is absolutely not my fault. I lose like 5 points on a brutal loss.

Towers still worst map ever. Except mall exists so

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

LethalGeek posted:

I'm glad the game knows when the match is absolutely not my fault. I lose like 5 points on a brutal loss.

Towers still worst map ever. Except mall exists so

Mall is so far improved from Splatoon 1 it's insane

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Is there a way to see in game what your w/l is or are people just keeping track manually? I'm interested in what mine is but haven't kept track at all

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Wrist Watch posted:

Is there a way to see in game what your w/l is or are people just keeping track manually? I'm interested in what mine is but haven't kept track at all

You can do it through the Nintendo app.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
I only got five games in (work ended at 8) but it was my first splatfest and really fun.

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Jonas Albrecht posted:

You can do it through the Nintendo app.

Oh, nice. Glad I installed that the other day.

Went 15/9 and ended at egg champion with like 1500 power. Not too terrible for my first one, I guess.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

The Bloop posted:

and I just learned that you can see which of your friends picked which side in the app!

This is the real truth of how I win

I figure out what all the Aidens are into and I pick the opposite team

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Lol

I have no idea how we pulled that off given how plainly we hosed up.

Why? :smith:

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib
I feel like I'm the only one who had a ton of trouble on Team Egg. I don't even want to look at my record, but it felt like I was only winning one in three matches.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

LethalGeek posted:

I have no idea how we pulled that off given how plainly we hosed up.

I had one of these too.

Went from feeling like poo poo to Queen poo poo instantly

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
I played for both sides this time. I favor Marina's team, but I had to try the white ink. I have NA and EU copies of the game, so I just went Team Egg in EU and I did a lot better there, although I only played enough to get to Egg Queen.

NA: Team Chicken

Total: 44 - 20
Mirror: 3 - 0
Adjusted: 41 - 20
Power: 2334.3

EU: Team Egg

Total: 20 - 5
Mirror: 7 - 3
Adjusted: 13 - 2
Power: 2371.0

Sorry, Marina. The white ink :cripes: Hope you win anyway.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

unpronounceable posted:

I feel like I'm the only one who had a ton of trouble on Team Egg. I don't even want to look at my record, but it felt like I was only winning one in three matches.

Same. Even though I was personally doing well, I probably only won 1/4 of my matches.

Hopefully team egg did well on team wins or else I think chicken has this one.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
I forgot we were an hour short and so I was 2 short from hitting Chicken a la Queen.

I could blame my laziness, but I'll blame the short Inkling, instead.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Matchmaking was totally loading me up with players not cut out for 2000+ play. Chicken really had the stronger crowd, good job

jetpackhewy
Mar 30, 2010

Egg King
Power: 2255.9
W/L: 20-8

That was a good splatfest. A little disappointed that I did not get Shifty Station all too often but what can you do.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Leaf Lock posted:

I have NA and EU copies of the game

:what:

You mean you just made two profiles.... right?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

EightFlyingCars posted:

Mall is so far improved from Splatoon 1 it's insane

Even in Splatoon 1, Mall was nowhere near as bad as Towers.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Why are you rerolling on your splatfest shirt? You can scrub them for 2000g.

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

The Bloop posted:

:what:

You mean you just made two profiles.... right?

Nope. It's a long story that I won't bother you with. I do like the option of playing EU Splatfests and looking at what people have posted on the EU plaza.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

raditts posted:

Why are you rerolling on your splatfest shirt? You can scrub them for 2000g.

When you use a super shell you get all the existing tokens and they fully reload. I flushed it like 20 times and got 60 pieces

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

LethalGeek posted:

When you use a super shell you get all the existing tokens and they fully reload. I flushed it like 20 times and got 60 pieces

Couldn't you do that on any 3 slot equipment? Scrubbing the splatfest shirt is nice because it doesn't take a boatload of money.