Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Low Desert Punk posted:

i'm glad wrestling is dying

Wrestling isn't dying, Just wwe. Which is good imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

MotU posted:

except me b/c i want daniel bryan to adopt a quantum leap gimmick where he constantly switches bodies and every episode of smackdown is just a diff wrestler wrestling daniel bryans style until he finally fixes smackdowns booking 1 match at a time

He's going to be stuck in this loop forever with SDL's booking. I can't wish that fate on anyone.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

MassRafTer posted:

If it hadn't been that bad they probably wouldn't have been cancelled off Turner. Something that gets forgotten is the Fusient sale was announced in January, their financing fell apart a week or two later when an investor saw the books and they had to scramble from there. So for 8 weeks WCW is losing 500K per week as they wait for this sale, the only thing keeping them from just offloading the thing to Vince is the TV. So as much as Kellner didn't like wrestling, there were things happening that made it likely Bischoff wouldn't have all the time in the world to get a new deal anyway.

But even if things weren't so bad and he needed to get a deal, it may have never come. Fox was interested in a wrestling project the summer before, but WCW had fallen way off. He had talks with FX, so maybe a deal could have been struck with time, but it's hard to say. Other than that there weren't many options. I don't think he finds anyone.

That makes sense and relates to stuff you've said before about WWF not being in as bad of shape as most people think in 1996 thanks to Shawn Michaels pulling house show crowds despite the ratings. If WCW was ONLY about the ratings it's only worth it to Turner even if the house shows aren't pulling. Once the fall starts... well I guess that's how we ended up here.

Also yeah totally forgot it was January, I thought it was late February-ish not like it would have mattered in those circumstances

Big Coffin Hunter fucked around with this message at 08:44 on Mar 11, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Aphrodite posted:

Asuka has only fought like one woman on Smackdown’s roster, so there’s a lot more new matchups there.

And it keeps her separate from Ronda for a while.

I'm still grumpy that in I think Asuka's last match for NXT, Becky was in the front row and Asuka made a point of doing the Disarmer on Ember Moon while taunting Becky. I was sure it was going to lead to Becky vs Asuka over on Smackdown and that would have been so loving cool.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

The_Rob posted:

Wrestling isn't dying, Just wwe. Which is good imo.

New Japan rules and Fooch can even use my drat account if it will make him happy.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Jerusalem posted:

I'm still grumpy that in I think Asuka's last match for NXT, Becky was in the front row and Asuka made a point of doing the Disarmer on Ember Moon while taunting Becky. I was sure it was going to lead to Becky vs Asuka over on Smackdown and that would have been so loving cool.

I like it just being Asuka constantly taunting everyone in her area. I have no idea who I want to have beat Asuka (apart from Ronda if she's half decent at wrestling), Asuka is just so great I want her wrestling and beating all these foolish women who are simply not ready.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

March 19 http://www.wwenetworknews.com/2018/03/11/exckusive-wcw-thunder-set-to-hit-wwe-network-later-this-month/

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

VJeff posted:

People say that if WCW still existed, it'd compete with WWE and force them to be better but tbh I feel like they'd just be two bad stagnant companies getting fat on guaranteed TV money and never forced to do anything interesting.

Ultimately, one company tries to do something that the fans don't like, they tune into the other company, and then the first company adjusts and does what the fan wants.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Happy Sunday!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsYhDSR9mGI

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Astro7x posted:

If I am remembering correctly, didn't they not do ANY build for the ARMBAR last year? Like, not a single wrestler mentioned it?
The only thing I remember from last year's ARMBAR is Jinder's confrontation with Gronk

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I think last year a crossdressing Tyler Breeze tried to get into the women's title match just to get to go to wrestlemania so daniel bryan threw him and fandango in the armbar just to make them happy.

I'm hearing Cesaro and Sheamus might be fighting a brand new tag team since they beat every current one. My guess is Braun + Big Show.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 11, 2018

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Blaise330 posted:

I'm hearing Cesaro and Sheamus might be fighting a brand new tag team since they beat every current one. My guess is Braun + Big Show.

its really dumb that they kept AOP in NXT any longer than the last takeover

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I think Big Show's last contract has ended and he choose not to re-sign, making him effectively retired.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Going out on your back strongly putting over a new person like he did with Braun is how everyone should go out, but how nobody in WWE goes out, which is why I expect him back on the post-Mania Raw to challenge Reigns

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
I expect, nay demand, the big show at the andre battle royal. I also want his entrance so long they have to cut a match we were looking forward to.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Tomahawk posted:

its really dumb that they kept AOP in NXT any longer than the last takeover

Having them come in to beat and break up The Bar would be good. I think next takeover is their last hoorah in NXT but I would expect then the day after mania instead.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The last brand-exclusive PPV starts in a couple hours

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

I expect, nay demand, the big show at the andre battle royal. I also want his entrance so long they have to cut a match we were looking forward to.

Wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey, at least the graphic for Fastlane is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BxOSGk92-rY

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

Chris James 2 posted:

The last brand-exclusive PPV starts in a couple hours

I, for one, can't wait for us to lose the Chamber again so Fast Lane can resume its role as the Roman Reigns Rules hour.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Isn't this also the last 3 hour PPV? I think I read somewhere that the dual brands were all going 4 hours, unless it was speculation talk

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I'm glad Show got the big match with Strowman so his last big act wasn't teaming with Enzo in an astonishingly pointless feud that led to a probably career killing injury for Cassidy and Enzo getting shipped off to 205 and the federal shark cage.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

It would be cool if WWE started trying to do custom staging for all the PPVs again rather than just doing it for the big ones. It really is deflating when you are watching the same card from the past four weeks of Raw/SD and the entrance platform also just looks like the same old poo poo.

a new study bible! fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 11, 2018

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

a new study bible! posted:

It would be cool if WWE started trying to do custom staging for all the PPVs again rather than just doing it for the big ones. It really is deflating when you are watching the same card from the past four weeks of Raw/SD and the entrance platform also just looks like the same old poo poo.

If they arent gonna do this at least try to do something with a little bit of pyro for the opening of the loving ppv. It's not that hard to set off a few fireworks.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Braun is bad now
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/brewers-slugger-ryan-braun-influenced-one-wwes-biggest-stars-024247853.html

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

Orton got his first name in a similar way. He was watching austin powers and got real horned up

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

EAT BALLS would've been cooler with some finned Cadillacs and jukeboxes next to the ramp IMO

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

They Ought to go back to doing that thing where a big ugly thing is setup facing the hard cam that shoots off sparklers spelling out 3 letters while a wrestler poses in the ring in front of it. I believe the cost was $70 a pop

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

Going out on your back strongly putting over a new person like he did with Braun is how everyone should go out, but how nobody in WWE goes out, which is why I expect him back on the post-Mania Raw to challenge Reigns

Nah, it'll be Big rear end

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Prepare to be disappointed

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

D.N. Nation posted:

EAT BALLS would've been cooler with some finned Cadillacs and jukeboxes next to the ramp IMO

They could've made the titantron look like a drive-in screen and everything. So much wasted potential. :(

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I bet they don't even shell out for pyro at Mania this year

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

bradzilla posted:

How will we know Roman is the best and we should all cheer him?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

bradzilla posted:

talk about cheap. me and my uncle can go to skyking and do a pretty badass wrestlemania pyro for like $5k

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

bradzilla posted:

the gently caress is the point of mania then?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

They just blow their load on LEDing every inch of the stadium. Then they turn them all on a picture of the Grand Canyon and thousands of people all puke at once from vertigo.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Invalid Validation posted:

They just blow their load on LEDing every inch of the stadium. Then they turn them all on a picture of the Grand Canyon and thousands of people all puke at once from vertigo.

WWE is all about moments.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
Did Wrestemania not sell out yet? Because lol if it hasn’t yet.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

fart blood posted:

As of a week ago none of the WM weekend events were sold out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??

fart blood posted:

Wrestlemania has literally never sold out you can get tickets on the day.

• Locked thread