Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

OldTennisCourt posted:

Is Jeff like legit addicted and has a real major problem or is he just a loving moron?

Well alcohol is an odd one because there's different types of alcoholics. There's alcoholics that are mental addicted to it (like myself) and drink in excess to cope with certain things or fill a void. Then there's alcoholics that are physically addicted who literally cannot stop drinking because it will kill them if they do without medical supervision. If I had to guess, Jeff's more toward the former than the latter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
God dammit Jeff, we don't need a younger thinner Jake The Snake. Hell, even Jake can take the moral highground on you now.

Don't drive drunk kids, especially when you have money and uber's existed for half a decade.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Blaise330 posted:

God dammit Jeff, we don't need a younger thinner Jake The Snake.

*jeff stumbles into room*

would you accept a shorter druggier scott hall?

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

How is Jake doing these days anyway

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jackie D posted:

How is Jake doing these days anyway

a lot better from the last i saw. ddp decided to pretty much dedicate his life to helping older wrestlers with addiction and should probably be sainted imho.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

shiksa posted:

a lot better from the last i saw. ddp decided to pretty much dedicate his life to helping older wrestlers with addiction and should probably be sainted imho.

I dunno, in this era of #metoo I do not think we can just forgive him for what he did to Taker's wife

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

shiksa posted:

That being said, I really really wish someone would dig a little deeper into DDP's HOF speech where he said his current wife beat cancer the holistic way.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

fart blood posted:

That being said, I really really wish someone would dig a little deeper into DDP's HOF speech where he said his current wife beat cancer the holistic way.

ah hm yeah i hadn't heard about that.

okay thats not great.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

fart blood posted:

I look at it the same way I look at Shawn Michael's brand of christianity

Its loving dumb and terrible but if it keeps wrestlers from dying young of drugs I will begrudgingly tolerate it

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He wasn't saying she beat cancer by eating leaves or anything, he just thinks that the yoga and some other mental stuff contributed along with the modern medical procedures she went through.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Aphrodite posted:

He wasn't saying she beat cancer by eating leaves or anything, he just thinks that the yoga and some other mental stuff contributed along with the modern medical procedures she went through.

Well he worded it poorly and still should be mocked incessantly. :colbert:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Holistic medicine is just like a "you need to heal the mind along with the body" thing, it is not necessarily (through almost always is) linked with alternative medicine.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

WWE posted:

Jeff Hardy is responsible for his own personal actions. We are investigating the matter and awaiting information from local law enforcement officials.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Aphrodite posted:

yea she's not like Suzanne Somers, rubbing tree bark on her cancerous breasts and claiming Adam Lanza murdered kids because of processed foods and lysol.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Mel Mudkiper posted:

*jeff stumbles into room*

would you accept a shorter druggier scott hall?

Good life lesson: dont emulate any Kliq members. Except maybe Big Daddy Cool Diesel

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Quick show of hands, who thinks Sasha/Bayley is its own match and who thinks they're gonna get crowbarred into Alexa/Nia to make it a four way?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I think there's worse things in life to be than heir apparent to a multi-billion dollar company, honestly.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
HHH was in Blade 3. Once again, don't emulate Kliq members. Heck throw DX in that too.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

VJeff posted:

Quick show of hands, who thinks Sasha/Bayley is its own match and who thinks they're gonna get crowbarred into Alexa/Nia to make it a four way?

A 4-way would be so dumb because it's clear the booking is to turn Nia babyface and her only beef is with Alexa. It's just a repeat of Batista/HHH's WM21 feud.

Sasha and Bayley have a rich history and put on great matches together and their angle makes more sense without the title because it's a friendship that turned into a grudge.

.....so of course it'll be a 4-way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

An opportunity to have both Sasha and Bayley lose is hard to pass up.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I don't know if it came across the crowd last night but the Uso/New Day match got some weird reactions. The crowd was mostly confused by all the move stealing though we got really excited. The Bludgeon Brothers initially got booed until they started wrecking poo poo and then got a large number of cheers and "One More Time" chants.

Other stray observations:
John Cena is still insanely popular with the kids and he got by far the largest reaction of the night. Second would be Asuka followed by either AJ or Shinsuke. Little to no reactions for Carmella, Benjamin and Gable, Baron Corbin, and Ruby Riottttttttt.
Kids really love AJ's gloves as that seemed to be the biggest seller followed by Cena armbands and foam U Can't C Me hands.
There was one poor kid behind us that was really into Carmella and lost his poo poo when she pinned Becky. He later was really dejected when Asuka came out instead of Carmella cashing in.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

I think there's worse things in life to be than heir apparent to a multi-billion dollar company, honestly.

Imagine being married to a McMahon

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
How is Woken Matt the responsible adult in the family?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I think the worst part is, if Sasha/Bayley gets crowbarred into Alexa/Nia to make it a four way, I'd feel a lot more confident about Sasha/Bayley not being on the preshow

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

bartok posted:

I don't know if it came across the crowd last night but the Uso/New Day match got some weird reactions. The crowd was mostly confused by all the move stealing though we got really excited. The Bludgeon Brothers initially got booed until they started wrecking poo poo and then got a large number of cheers and "One More Time" chants.

Other stray observations:
John Cena is still insanely popular with the kids and he got by far the largest reaction of the night. Second would be Asuka followed by either AJ or Shinsuke. Little to no reactions for Carmella, Benjamin and Gable, Baron Corbin, and Ruby Riottttttttt.
Kids really love AJ's gloves as that seemed to be the biggest seller followed by Cena armbands and foam U Can't C Me hands.
There was one poor kid behind us that was really into Carmella and lost his poo poo when she pinned Becky. He later was really dejected when Asuka came out instead of Carmella cashing in.

Was the reaction to Becky as dead live as it seemed on TV?

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

OldTennisCourt posted:

Is Jeff like legit addicted and has a real major problem or is he just a loving moron?
It's very obviously both.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Aphrodite posted:

Was the reaction to Becky as dead live as it seemed on TV?

Totally forgot but yeah but not as bad as poor Benjamin and Gable who got like nothing. She did get cheered for her hot tag which is something I guess but not when you're getting less reactions than Natalya. Last show I was at half the kids had Becky steam goggles and now there were maybe half a dozen at best.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Really awkward if Jeff is in the pretaped bray vs matt match tonight. Can't say im looking forward to the match anyway. If its good it won't be as good as final deletion and if its bad it won't be as bad as house of horrors.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

bartok posted:

Totally forgot but yeah but not as bad as poor Benjamin and Gable who got like nothing. She did get cheered for her hot tag which is something I guess but not when you're getting less reactions than Natalya. Last show I was at half the kids had Becky steam goggles and now there were maybe half a dozen at best.

Geez Corey Graves is right, everybody does turn on Becky. Then again her being betrayed by her own masked persona shoulda hinted at that. We might need crow becky soon, maybe by summerslam.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

bartok posted:

yeah i kind of had this exact same reaction. i was like, "huh, a lot of move stealing is weird, but whatever" i've never seen an uso do trouble in paradise and it looked sick, and, yeah, sure, do it differently. then i rolled my eyes at the bludgeon brothers but man when they got rolling it was, uh, pretty good.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
So I think assuming we have only Nia vs Alexa and Asuka vs Charlotte on the card, both matches are going to be bad, but for different reasons.

Nia vs Alexa will just be a dumpster fire since neither of them are good workers. And it probably won't be a squash match either. Asuka vs Charlotte will be good until the moment Carmella cashes in and adds herself into the match or post match. Then the quality will drop drastically.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You really don't like Carmella, huh.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

In fairness it really doesn't sounds like WWE feels much different, considering their amount of plans for her that weren't just plans for Ellsworth

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Alcoholism is not a joke.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

bartok posted:

I'm surprised that someone who is only featured as a passing accessory to other people and loses all the time would fall in popularity and interest.

You would think it would be in WWE's best interest to make sure every person possible is as popular as possible. They're just pissing money away with people like Becky, Bray, even people like Breezango. God forbid someone gets over; we might start profiting from it!

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Chris James 2 posted:

In fairness it really doesn't sounds like WWE feels much different, considering their amount of plans for her that weren't just plans for Ellsworth

Also it's not just Carmella, he disproportionately hates most women.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

DoctorGonzo posted:

Alcoholism is not a joke.

Oh don’t worry it probably wasn’t alcohol.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Carmella is very lovely in the ring compared to pretty much everyone else except Tamina and Lana. Putting MITB on her (or even keeping it on her this long) was a massive mistake. You have people who are now claiming the women's MITB will be a complete failure if her cash in doesn't succeed. Problem is at this point it would be at the expense of Asuka's streak, which WWE has invested 2+ years into. But handing the streak to Carmella seems like a REALLY bad idea since she has absolutely no credibility and is completely heatless. Not to mention her reign would be a complete dumpster fire, since she's incredibly limited in the ring.

Let me put it this way. Imagine Undertaker losing his streak at Wrestlemania to someone like Titus O'Neil. Keep in mind, Titus would be off of TV for half a year or so and almost never win matches either right before then.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

Carmella is a good promo and a fun character who won't wrestle a great match but absolutely could produce good television as champion

The way people get so specifically negative on her is dumb and overblown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That would have been cool.

• Locked thread