Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
They tried to find what's likeable about Roman and "shows up for work" is the best they could come up with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gavok posted:

*Brock wins the Moolah Battle Royal*

Roman: But this was a contest for women!

Heyman: Yeah, and my client beat their brains out.

Roman: Oh, I, I can't stand it any longer. This whole promotion is insane. Insane, I tell you! Daahh! Aaah! I can be lazy too! Look at me! Hi, I'm a worthless employee, just like Brock Lesnar! Give me a main event push! Ooh, I turn gross and purple at the drop of a hat, but nobody minds! I'm doing the same two moves for ten minutes straight. Give me a raise! Now I'm returning to work which means shuffling around like an idiot. But it doesn't matter, because I'm Brock Lesnar! I don't need to cut my own promos, 'cause someone else will do it for me. DANT! DANT-DA-DANT-DANT!

Brock: Hey, you okay, Leakee?

Roman: I'm better than okay. I'm Brock Lesnar.

Brock: Heh. You wish.

Roman: Oh, hi, Mr. McMahon! I'm the worst non-Khali worker in the world. Time to go home to my cabin and eat a deer. What's this? "Extremely High Voltage." Well, I don't need to sell because, because I'm Brock Lesn--

:perfect:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

The smartest thing they could do with Roman is the Rock heel turn from Deadly Game, but they won't, they're not that aware anymore.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS
cant wait for braun and elias to be tag champs

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I swear to christ the only wrestling storyline more played out than a michaels/jannety split is rogue babyface vs heel authority

I miss when authority figures were rarely seen old guys in suits who came out to establish punishments to the heels after they did something really bad by making em fight the face

Even Teddy "Tag Team" Long was a breath of fresh air

EDIT: In summary, I miss Jack Tunney

Mel Mudkiper fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Mar 13, 2018

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Braun's not gonna have a partner and that's good

boar guy
Jan 25, 2007

piss tape israel posted:

I appreciate this

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

DEAR RICHARD posted:

cant wait for braun and alexa to be tag champs

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

CobiWann posted:

The Chris Benoit Memorial Ladder Match.

Sponsored by the NRA.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Alexa: "Looking a little porky these days, Braun." (superkicks Strowman through glass window)

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Ruby needs to do the meow game on the mic tonight

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

nvm i'm bad at reading

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gavok posted:

*Brock wins the Moolah Battle Royal*

Roman: But this was a contest for women!

Heyman: Yeah, and my client beat their brains out.

Roman: Oh, I, I can't stand it any longer. This whole promotion is insane. Insane, I tell you! Daahh! Aaah! I can be lazy too! Look at me! Hi, I'm a worthless employee, just like Brock Lesnar! Give me a main event push! Ooh, I turn gross and purple at the drop of a hat, but nobody minds! I'm doing the same two moves for ten minutes straight. Give me a raise! Now I'm returning to work which means shuffling around like an idiot. But it doesn't matter, because I'm Brock Lesnar! I don't need to cut my own promos, 'cause someone else will do it for me. DANT! DANT-DA-DANT-DANT!

Brock: Hey, you okay, Leakee?

Roman: I'm better than okay. I'm Brock Lesnar.

Brock: Heh. You wish.

Roman: Oh, hi, Mr. McMahon! I'm the worst non-Khali worker in the world. Time to go home to my cabin and eat a deer. What's this? "Extremely High Voltage." Well, I don't need to sell because, because I'm Brock Lesn--

:five:

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

D.N. Nation posted:

Ruby needs to do the meow game on the mic tonight

Wow. Those guys look really good for reprising a role they did when those girls were like 7 year old.

BOOTY-ADE
Aug 30, 2006

BIG KOOL TELLIN' Y'ALL TO KEEP IT TIGHT

projecthalaxy posted:

Braun is going to drag Elias's limp and feeble body to mania and win the tag titles isnt he

It’ll be Braun with a giant bass in the corner as his partner

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They all aged pretty well except Rabbit.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Aphrodite posted:

They all aged pretty well except Rabbit.
Farva aged surprisingly well. He looks a lot trimmer too.

Thorny's got them bags under his eyes though

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

motherbox posted:

There's pretty much zero chance Taker wrestles before Wrestlemania, right? There's a live show near me on March 30th, and if they were gonna have him do a shake-off-the-cobwebs match I wouldn't mind checking it out. Otherwise I'm probably gonna skip.

Full list of Undertaker's non-Wrestlemania matches, 2011-present:

2011: none
2012: none
2013: 3 (Live event Waco, TX - Taker/Sheamus def. Barrett/Sandow | RAW taping England - Shield def. Hell No/Taker | SD taping England - Taker def. Ambrose)
2014: none
2015: 6 (Summerslam - Taker def. Lesnar | 3x Live Events, Mexico - Taker/Kane def. Strowman/Harper | Hell in a Cell - Lesnar def. Taker | Survivor Series - Taker/Kane def. Wyatt/Harper)
2016: none
2017: Royal Rumble match
2018: none so far

I feel pretty confident that no, there will be no Taker match at a live event before Mania.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
undertaker is very bad and it sucks that he's taking up a wrestlemania spot

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's like 23 matches on the card I don't think he's taking anyone's spot.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
About a year ago I made a quick and dirty photoshop to make fun of the potential NXT belt redesign:

And now the dream is a reality!

Looks like the side plates say:

NORTH
AMERICAN

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Aphrodite posted:

One for each mile the ramp will be long.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Aphrodite posted:

an 30-minute hard camera shot of an empty ring would be better than a 2018 Undertaker match

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Sigma posted:

About a year ago I made a quick and dirty photoshop to make fun of the potential NXT belt redesign:

I look forward to the piss belt

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I'm Nakamura's crotch

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

piss belt is real

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

MassRafTer posted:

If saying WWE is terrible and bad was a recipe for banning everyone in this thread would be banned.

I on the other hand like Roman Reigns, making me the third most positive person in here.

I end up getting fourth because I'm a huge Cena fan but now he's so self-deprecating that it's really just codependency on my part.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Release the pee belt

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

pee is stored in the belt

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Cavauro posted:

pee is stored in the belt

Chris Jericho approves

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
well there's been cum on it so surely there has been piss as well

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Natalya should win the pee belt.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm so confused because RAW is usually the better wrote show but all the stories for their matches leading into Wrestlemania are eye-rolling bad while Smackdown's writing is usually eye-rolling bad but almost all their big profile matches are "We just want a good match" (AJ/Nakamura, Asuka/Charolette, and the Tag-Team Triple Threat)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

quote:

Last night's Raw increased nine percent over last week in the ratings and did the best number since the post-Royal Rumble episode, averaging 3.35 million viewers.

What's noticeable is that despite the fact that there was no real advertised main event, the third hour held up much better than usual. It was the highest rated third hour since the Monday after WrestleMania last year.

The show opened with 3.351 million viewers for hour one and increased to 3.429 million viewers for the second hour. This was the first week of Daylight Savings Time, and the second hour has traditionally been the highest rated in recent years once DST kicks in. The third hour only dropped to 3.275 million, which was just 2.3 percent down from hour one, the best such audience retention since July of last year.

looks like frauds Rousey and Lesnar are not draws, and Roman and Cena are

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

it looks like a bunch of jobber teams in the main event is a draw

time to push bo dallas

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
free Bo

just goes to show you the miz can elevate anyone and bring the draws :smug:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I agree that Bo Dallas is a big star and should be pushed to the moon after this rating

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Not sure if you guys are joking but it's pretty obvious that the reason the rating has held up is that Braun's promo had the words appear on screen, retaining the deaf demo for the third hour.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
I mean it had to be a yellow belt. How else is HHH going to collect all the Chaos Emeralds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Incessant Excess posted:

Not sure if you guys are joking but it's pretty obvious that the reason the rating has held up is that Braun's promo had the words appear on screen, retaining the deaf demo for the third hour.

piano

• Locked thread