Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Skyridge posted:

Is it just me or does Eiko seem really, really good? With her 5* weapon, the buffs on her first ability last 12 turns.

Apparently she was top tier in JP until pretty recently, and even now she is pretty good despite not having her level cap raised yet / new abilities, at which point she will probably be top tier again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I did a 10+1 pull for her weapon and was lucky enough to get it on the first try. It literally turns everyone into Terra+Meltdown and heals at the same time.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Is there ever any point to 3* stuff once you have all of the weapon/armor types covered on 4*+?

e; Also, much as I'd love to get more Terra eidos and the last armor reward, i have officially given up on that co-op run. Eiko's is so much easier/faster. I'm also tempted to pull for Eiko because holy crap that buff is insane.

e2; Yeah, Eiko is a monster. Not going to pull on this banner, but def going to try to get her some good passives grinding out her event to make up for lack of 5*.

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Mar 12, 2018

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

I AM THE MOON posted:

pulled yshtola and shantoto off the eiko banner with 8 tickets lol. tickets own. never spend crystals

I've spent 40 tickets, no 5*. Did a 10 pull, got eiko.

Never spend tickets, always gems

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Ubiquitus posted:

I've spent 40 tickets, no 5*. Did a 10 pull, got eiko.

Never spend tickets, always gems

Tickets become better later when they up the natural drop rates.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Nephzinho posted:

Tickets become better later when they up the natural drop rates.

Oh, when did they so that I'm JP?

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
Mad at myself for dumping my white crystals into Hope just before Eiko. I thought I was going to be able to get some time for crystal farming yesterday and I am left with 16 keys. Oh well since this game seems to be making GBS threads out Co-Op content I have some characters to play with until the next Crystal event comes aorund.

Edit: aaaaaannnd my 10+1 draw was Yda. Eiko was not mean to be my jams.

J3ng4 fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Mar 13, 2018

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Can you do the coop with Cloud or do I have to level Eiko?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!

Tagichatn posted:

You can do the co-op with anyone.

say no to bats
Aug 15, 2001
Rumblee tumblee, climin' a hunny tree

IAmTheRad posted:

You can do the co-op with anyone.

Yeah this one isn't nearly as dependent on the stat boosts from event characters.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

I just went through my friends list and updated the Friend Units for everyone. Most people were already up to date.

The share breakdown from the spreadsheet is now as follows:
Cloud: 11
Squall: 11
Vaan: 10
Terra: 7
Yuna: 6
Tifa: 5
Warrior Of Light: 4
Zidane: 4
Eiko : 3
Y'shtola: 2
Dark Knight Cecil: 2
Edge: 2
Bartz: 2
Vanille: 2
Shantotto: 2
Balthier: 2
Vivi: 1
Firion: 1
Wakka: 1

I'm part of the 3 Eikos Club. She's not max level (either one), but I have both of her 5* equips, so her Regen currently lasts 12 turns.

Also, nobody is sharing any of the following units:
Rem
Sazh
Hope
Yda
Yuffie
King
Penelo
Yang
Onion Knight
Laguna
Steiner
Shadow
Setzer
Galuf

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Tagichatn posted:

the boss has like no stun resist so if you can make it to the priest you can stunlock him forever (w/ ogrenix)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
I have a galuf on my friends list. Also I'm glad I'm the only firion.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Kheldarn posted:

I just went through my friends list and updated the Friend Units for everyone. Most people were already up to date.

The share breakdown from the spreadsheet is now as follows:
Cloud: 11
Squall: 11
Vaan: 10
Terra: 7
Yuna: 6
Tifa: 5
Warrior Of Light: 4
Zidane: 4
Eiko : 3
Y'shtola: 2
Dark Knight Cecil: 2
Edge: 2
Bartz: 2
Vanille: 2
Shantotto: 2
Balthier: 2
Vivi: 1
Firion: 1
Wakka: 1

I'm part of the 3 Eikos Club. She's not max level (either one), but I have both of her 5* equips, so her Regen currently lasts 12 turns.

Also, nobody is sharing any of the following units:
Rem
Sazh
Hope
Yda
Yuffie
King
Penelo
Yang
Onion Knight
Laguna
Steiner
Shadow
Setzer
Galuf

Swapped to Eiko from Terra, 529780438
She's not full level yet, but soon.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Didn't realize I wasn't on the doc, but I share Shadow.

X_ThePerfect
Jul 31, 2010
Hey goons! I started playing this incredibly casually a few days ago and got all the tutorial gems. I was just wondering - which of the banners is best for me to pull from at the moment or does it really not matter and they’re all more or less equal?

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

X_ThePerfect posted:

Hey goons! I started playing this incredibly casually a few days ago and got all the tutorial gems. I was just wondering - which of the banners is best for me to pull from at the moment or does it really not matter and they’re all more or less equal?

Eiko probably?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

X_ThePerfect posted:

Cloud's Ogrenix is probably the best pull of the bunch right now but Rem and Onion Knight aren't particularly good. The Eiko banner has her relic and Bartz which are both good. Terra and Balthier on the 4th banner are also both good.

In general though save your gems for 35cp relics.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Starting out, a gold star sword is really good. You can even use it on characters it wasn't made for and it will carry you for most of the chapters in the game right now.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Eiko is IMO the best character in the game right now, and bartz is good and will get better. That would be the banner IMO, but really if you're casually playing you can make anyone work.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
God, Online only poo poo is so dumb because people are so loving bad.

Dont do a loving HP attack when they're targeting you fuckfaces. Just lost another Co-op because my team are gibbling dumbasses.

E:Im dumb and didnt realize Eiko's HP Regen is a brv's battery move as well.
I also just realized she's pretty much Firion's best friend with his flower fetish perk.

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 08:32 on Mar 14, 2018

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

World of Illusion is much less stressful when you don't have to worry about SP efficiency with Rank Ups.

Cadiem
Oct 9, 2007
Added my name to the list with another Eiko. Is this event more like what they are going to be like in the future? The last event with the double level 70 bosses wasn't the greatest

cirus
Apr 5, 2011

Shoenin posted:

God, Online only poo poo is so dumb because people are so loving bad.

Dont do a loving HP attack when they're targeting you fuckfaces. Just lost another Co-op because my team are gibbling dumbasses.

E:Im dumb and didnt realize Eiko's HP Regen is a brv's battery move as well.
I also just realized she's pretty much Firion's best friend with his flower fetish perk.

Me: HP Attack! HP Attack! No worries! HP Attack! HP Attack!
Pub: chants Meltdown at full brave

Me: BRV Attack! BRV Attack! BRV Attack!
Pub: HP Attack
Boss: Wave Cannon
Pub: dead
Me: restart

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Yeah, it was weird, over the past week I had all of one failed pubbie run on the Omega weapons, but in the last 100k points to hit 1 million I swear to god the failure rate was like 50%. It was like a bunch of people who had never played the game a single time before all joined in at once and were handed max level characters just to gently caress with me.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
Finally finished the 2 million Balthier event grind. I ground a lot of it half paying attention while watching TV at night so I was probably one of the bad pubbies. Can't wait to turn these tickets into 3* weapons and armor!

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

I spent 30 tickets and ended up with 0 5-stars and 1 4-star, so yeah I'm definitely not bothering to farm co-op for those until the drop rate goes up in a few months. Some people have had crazy luck but for me they're basically worthless.

J3ng4
Nov 22, 2006

Bitches love my tool time
I think folks are saving tickets for when the boost of 5* weapons doubles in a future patch after the 35 CP base weapons come out.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
It’s 5% chance to get a 5* on any single pull. 0-30 is unlucky but not impossibly so.

I just burn a few tickets whenever I get the urge to pull so I don’t waste my gems. I want to be comfortably over 100k gems when we get to the Ramza/Zidane 35cp banner.

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010
I managed to pull the Eiko weapon with tickets. 12 turn brave battery is insane and I can’t see me ever removing her from my 3 in normal play.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Pinball Jizzard posted:

I managed to pull the Eiko weapon with tickets. 12 turn brave battery is insane and I can’t see me ever removing her from my 3 in normal play.

Eiko is pretty ridiculous, until level breaks come along and other characters get even more powerful stuff.

Until then...

spidergoats
May 20, 2001
Didn’t Eiko, Tidus and Lightning compose the JP meta for like a year?

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Oh my god pubbies loving suck at this Eiko event worse than the Balthier one. So many people getting instagibbed by the priest.

edit: quick question about pulls: Once the 35 CP weapons come out, the 15 CP weapons come back on the same banners, right? So while you're pulling for 35s you are probably going to end up with the 15s as well?

I really want to pull for Eiko here, but she might be good enough without a 5* weapon and whatever 35 CP banner she shows up on might be better anyway. I'm not sure what to do here. I don't have a 5* staff so that would be another reason to pull, but I've already got a weapon for Bartz and Yda doesn't interest me at all.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Mar 15, 2018

Pinball Jizzard
Jun 23, 2010

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

Oh my god pubbies loving suck at this Eiko event worse than the Balthier one. So many people getting instagibbed by the priest.

edit: quick question about pulls: Once the 35 CP weapons come out, the 15 CP weapons come back on the same banners, right? So while you're pulling for 35s you are probably going to end up with the 15s as well?

I really want to pull for Eiko here, but she might be good enough without a 5* weapon and whatever 35 CP banner she shows up on might be better anyway. I'm not sure what to do here. I don't have a 5* staff so that would be another reason to pull, but I've already got a weapon for Bartz and Yda doesn't interest me at all.

The ATK and BRV buff make pulling a good idea. Not having a 5* staff is a secondary bonus. However; if you have Bartz fully LB’d, you risk spending gems and being frustrated.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Eiko's 15 CP Weapon, Priest Racket, has Healing Charm - Extends the duration of HP Regen to 12 turns. Grants Small Attack Up and Small Max BRV Up for 12 turns.
Eiko's 35 CP Weapon, Magic Racket, has Imparted Secret Arts - Increases Smite's potency and lowers its action delay. Raises all party members' BRV based on Eiko's Attack Power. Grants Medium Speed Up for 5 turns.

cirus
Apr 5, 2011
I just had an amazing experience with two whales passive aggressively spamming stickers at each other. If they hadn't been waiting until the last possible second to enter an action it would have been hilarious.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

cirus posted:

I just had an amazing experience with two whales passive aggressively spamming stickers at each other. If they hadn't been waiting until the last possible second to enter an action it would have been hilarious.

Stickers are one of the best things about FFRK so I'm glad that tradition continues here.

edit: I have no self control so I pulled again, got Eiko and Yda's weapon, so now I've got all 3 characters geared up. Guess all my gacha luck migrated here for the time being.

I haven't been playing since day 1 so I'm a bit behind but I think I'll still manage to have almost 70k stashed away for the 35p update, assuming it's still roughly a month away.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Mar 15, 2018

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BGrifter posted:

It’s 5% chance to get a 5* on any single pull. 0-30 is unlucky but not impossibly so.

I just burn a few tickets whenever I get the urge to pull so I don’t waste my gems. I want to be comfortably over 100k gems when we get to the Ramza/Zidane 35cp banner.

How are you spending your armor tokens? Or will they be spent once you figure out which 35 CP items you MLB?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Nephzinho posted:

How are you spending your armor tokens? Or will they be spent once you figure out which 35 CP items you MLB?

I grabbed Terra’s armor just because. Got five more tokens banked that will probably go into Cloud, then likely Vaan. After that I’ll probably just sit on my tokens and wait for the Ramza/Zidane 35cp banner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

BGrifter posted:

I grabbed Terra’s armor just because. Got five more tokens banked that will probably go into Cloud, then likely Vaan. After that I’ll probably just sit on my tokens and wait for the Ramza/Zidane 35cp banner.

Do we ever get the ability to purchase the upgrade orbs with dissidia points or is rebuying armor for 5 tokens the only way to pump them up? (Or that the point are better spent on weapons anyway)