Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

obi_ant posted:

I just finished the first 3 issues of Casanova and I really like it. I assume the whole series is collected in the three volumes I'm able to find on Image's website?

Yes, although my understanding is that there is a current ongoing series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Zachack posted:

Yes, although my understanding is that there is a current ongoing series.

Like half came out, then one or two issues of the next half, but nothing in a while. I'm guessing Ba and Moon are busy with Umbrella Academy and Fraction with whatever TV thing he is doing.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Uthor posted:

Like half came out, then one or two issues of the next half, but nothing in a while. I'm guessing Ba and Moon are busy with Umbrella Academy and Fraction with whatever TV thing he is doing.

There are more Umbrella Academy coming out? I really liked that series. But how am I supposed to remember anything since it’s been so long since a release? (Aside from reading the series again).

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Way said there would be, but he can't keep Doom Patrol on a monthly schedule as it is.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

obi_ant posted:

There are more Umbrella Academy coming out? I really liked that series. But how am I supposed to remember anything since it’s been so long since a release? (Aside from reading the series again).

Dunno about comics. They're filming a TV show.

Uthor fucked around with this message at 07:26 on Feb 3, 2018

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Was in a board game store yesterday and found a bound copy of the first issues of each New 52 series. It’s overpriced I think (60 cad) but I really want to buy it. Probably gonna go back to do so.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

As long as you know every one of those stories end on cliffhangers.
At least it's cheaper than you can get the official omnibus for.

Edit: Looking back at the launch line-up, I'd rate just 16/52 worth trying.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 3, 2018

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

Trying to make some room at the house so I'm selling a couple sets of my custom bound books over on eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/usr/sporklift1

Is it cool if I list some other trades and omnis here or should I list them on SAmart?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
List them, I'm prepping to do the same. I just bought a refurbed Nexus X so I finally have a tablet to read comics on and I am purging like half the the collection.

sporklift
Aug 3, 2008

Feelin' it so hard.

sale over

sporklift fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Feb 8, 2018

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Does anyone know if the Hellboy Library editions are being cancelled? Looks like the prices on Amazon have gone up a few bucks, and some are showing the stock as limited. I got Hellboy in Hell for Christmas, but don't have the others, and want to make sure I pick them up before they are OOP.

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

S.W.O.R.D. Agent posted:

Does anyone know if the Hellboy Library editions are being cancelled? Looks like the prices on Amazon have gone up a few bucks, and some are showing the stock as limited. I got Hellboy in Hell for Christmas, but don't have the others, and want to make sure I pick them up before they are OOP.

Gonna be pissed if this is the case, I just bought myself volume 1 for Christmas and was planning on slowly buying others over time.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013
So I wanna buy the two Black Science HCs on Amazon, however I see that Vol. I has the normal edition and something called "remastered edition". Does anyobdy know why? What's the difference other than the price?

Wich one do you recommend?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Image website says it has additional special features in the back. Sketches and the like.

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
I hear the binding on the Black Science HCs is too tight and hurts the art somewhat. It's probably especially rough considering how many two page spreads that series has.

Gusano
Dec 15, 2013

Unit24 posted:

I hear the binding on the Black Science HCs is too tight and hurts the art somewhat. It's probably especially rough considering how many two page spreads that series has.

I heard that too, but I don't know if the remastered version corrected the binding from the normal HC. Thanks!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Did Valiant republish Quantum & Woody Deluxe Edition 1 with a new slipcover?

https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Wood...L40_&dpSrc=srch

My copy is green and was published in 2015, but there's this copy that was just released a week ago and I'm not sure if it's another series altogether or what.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu posted:

Did Valiant republish Quantum & Woody Deluxe Edition 1 with a new slipcover?

https://www.amazon.com/Quantum-Wood...L40_&dpSrc=srch

My copy is green and was published in 2015, but there's this copy that was just released a week ago and I'm not sure if it's another series altogether or what.

Yeah, new edition to go with the new #1 launch. Also thank you for reminding me to order vol.2 and Eternal Warrior vol.1.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Rhyno posted:

Yeah, new edition to go with the new #1 launch. Also thank you for reminding me to order vol.2 and Eternal Warrior vol.1.

Not a problem, I've been hankering to get back into Valiant and collecting bits and pieces of the Deluxe Editions I don't have a copy of yet. Fortunately for me I have most of the ones that are out of print so good luck there.

I might just break down and get some TPBs of the stuff not in hardcover yet, however. Awful lot of Imperium not being collected at present.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Not a problem, I've been hankering to get back into Valiant and collecting bits and pieces of the Deluxe Editions I don't have a copy of yet. Fortunately for me I have most of the ones that are out of print so good luck there.

I might just break down and get some TPBs of the stuff not in hardcover yet, however. Awful lot of Imperium not being collected at present.

As far as Deluxe HCs I am still hunting for Shadowman Vol.1. I'm kind of bummed that it's not getting a new printing for the Shadowman relaunch.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Is there a complete from the original Priest run?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Is there a complete from the original Priest run?

There is, no longer available new unfortunately.

https://www.amazon.com/Complete-Qua...L40_&dpSrc=srch

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Looks like they're gonna release Annihilation in TPB Ultimate Collection!

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

Okay, a question that I've been holding off on:

What's the difference between the Daredevil Omnibus and the first two Epic Collections? Would I be missing anything vital if I just got the Epics instead?

From what I can see both choices collect the same issues.

Zachack
Jun 1, 2000

Okay, a question that I've been holding off on:

What's the difference between the Daredevil Omnibus and the first two Epic Collections? Would I be missing anything vital if I just got the Epics instead?

From what I can see both choices collect the same issues.

Content is probably the same (a lot of early years Marvel omnis are clearly repackaged Masterworks editions stuck together) but omnis are oversized pages and I think epics are regular trade sized pages.

There may be a small amount of bonus content in the back of omnis like original pencils, and some early years books included the letters, although I think that's stopped for most omnis.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Impulse by Mark Waid and Humberto Ramos omnibus is apparently forthcoming. :toot:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Wheat Loaf posted:

Impulse by Mark Waid and Humberto Ramos omnibus is apparently forthcoming. :toot:

Have they said if it's just their issues? Because Ramos skipped what, 9 issues from 1-25?

Unit24
Jan 31, 2015

Hey kids! Do you want to be as AKOOL as me?
What the hell is wrong with Dark Horse? Why can I easily get BPRD Plague of Frogs volumes 1 and 3, but not 2 and 4? I don't understand how this works. At least I can still get the hardcover version of volume 1 easily enough.

Also, son of a bitch I waited too long to try getting Akira and now that's not available either. I think I'm learning some kind of lesson here.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The Akira rights have changed hands several times so just be patient.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Unit24 posted:

I think I'm learning some kind of lesson here.

Niche products in a niche field may not be readily available?

Unless it's Watchmen (how many different versions are there, now?) or Sandman, I would count on anything being in stock after the initial print run. Especially if it's a special edition like a deluxe hardcover from a relatively small publisher.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Uthor posted:

Sandman

Even with something like this, they change stuff like the cover aesthetics, and you don't want to be one of THOSE people whose books don't line up well (to the best of the publisher's ability, which...seems to be surprisingly inconsistent sometimes). Also, you may also be subject to recolors, like in Sandman, but this is probably a lesser concern with newer comics.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Even with something like this, they change stuff like the cover aesthetics, and you don't want to be one of THOSE people whose books don't line up well (to the best of the publisher's ability, which...seems to be surprisingly inconsistent sometimes). Also, you may also be subject to recolors, like in Sandman, but this is probably a lesser concern with newer comics.

It took me years to end up with a matching set of the ten Sandman TPBs. Years!

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

I shouldn't have given away my matching set when I got the Absolute editions. I feel like I could have made bank from the right OCD collector.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Rhyno posted:

The Akira rights have changed hands several times so just be patient.

The rights are in the hands of the western branch of the original Japanese publisher now, so I wouldn't hold out hope for anyone else to scoop them up any time soon.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

It took me years to end up with a matching set of the ten Sandman TPBs. Years!

Should have had gone with the absolutes:smug:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Anyone know where one can find the two Tales of The Jedi omnibuses for a reasonable price, cause for whatever reason Marvel hasn't gotten around to reprinting that series even though it's one of the most popular parts of the old EU

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Just finished the first HC of Spider-Gwen and it's pretty good! I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm going to be picking up the next HC. Is Gwen-Pool any good compared to either Mrs. Marvel or Spider-Gwen?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

Just finished the first HC of Spider-Gwen and it's pretty good! I'm pleasantly surprised. I'm going to be picking up the next HC. Is Gwen-Pool any good compared to either Mrs. Marvel or Spider-Gwen?

Gwenpool is the best of the three.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Gwenpool is the best of the three.

Bah! There isn't a HC version out. I thought they would've since there are like 4 TPBs out. Any idea if they're gonna release a HC version soon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

obi_ant posted:

Bah! There isn't a HC version out. I thought they would've since there are like 4 TPBs out. Any idea if they're gonna release a HC version soon?

Almost certainly.