Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I thought the thing they changed with blessed shots on the repeater pistol was that free ammo thing applying to every bullet of the alt fire, not the crits, but I’m going off secondhand information so I could be wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Just bought this game. Haven't played the first one. Which class is recommended to ease me into the game?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

They are all pretty good but maybe Marcus? His first class gets 125 hp and hes pretty good at everything.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Willie Tomg posted:

I really want to try regular xbow with Bounty Hunter ever since I saw the red crit damage compared to his red crit lvl 25 doubleshot active. To wit: they were drat near the same.

I expect volley bow to get nerfed soon (and sorry, the drat thing looks too ridiculous for me), so I use the crossbow instead. It's sweet, a free insta-kill on any closeby target weaker than a Chaos Warrior and anything behind it from a melee kill is pretty sweet and looks stylish as all hell too. Arguably you could use the brace of pistols instead, but I like the massive damage spike to make sure specials are dead.

Caveat: when zoomed-in, crossbow Blessed Shot with the free shot talent will fire two bolts in succession. I like crouching for a sec instead when sniping key targets; the accuracy seems to be equal to a quick zoom.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Gave hammer and shield a go on ironbreaker for the crowd control but started to miss the armor piercing of axe and shield, went back to the axe and just got better at shield bashing and instantly switching to the drakefire pistols to wipe out hordes in front of me while they are staggered.

How are people liking the none-halberd weapons on Kruber and various witch hunter and elf melee weapons?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The key to Bounty Hunter being so goddamn fun is not its amazing Blessed Shots or anything.

It's that pressing F is your Raiders of the Lost Ark button.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Night10194 posted:

The key to Bounty Hunter being so goddamn fun is not its amazing Blessed Shots or anything.

It's that pressing F is your Raiders of the Lost Ark button.

Executing a Chaos Warrior with it will never get old.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ooh, the first heavy on Kruber's mace and shield being a mace sweep is loving nice. I still prefer the 2H hammer for him, but I'm glad that the more defensive alternative also has a very good moveset.

toasterwarrior fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 14, 2018

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Gave hammer and shield a go on ironbreaker for the crowd control but started to miss the armor piercing of axe and shield, went back to the axe and just got better at shield bashing and instantly switching to the drakefire pistols to wipe out hordes in front of me while they are staggered.

How are people liking the none-halberd weapons on Kruber and various witch hunter and elf melee weapons?

:hfive: axe & shield is the dawi way

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Sometimes the arc of the axe swing doesn't feel as good as the hammer but drat if it isn't satisfying planting that axe in a Stormvermin's head and watching it fall off.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
Hammer is too wavey-around. The axe has nice swift chopping motions. Easier to headshot plus AP.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Floppychop posted:

Executing a Chaos Warrior with it will never get old.

Sienna can throw a flaming skull at them (that will sometimes go for another but it's a whimsical skull) and then do it again like twenty seconds later.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

myDad posted:

:hfive: axe & shield is the dawi way

My only issue with the shield is the first charged attack is a shield slam. If you want to axe someone in the face immediately you gotta light attack and then follow with a charged attack.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Which level 15 talent do you guys like to use with the Ranger Veteran? The 1 in 4 for a bomb seems neat, I tried the 1 in 3 potion but it seems like no one likes to use up their potions and they mostly went to waste (I don't think a single healing potion dropped), and the one that drops more ammo is always useful too, but mainly for me, who runs out of ammo faster than any other ranged specialized class.

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

Sienna can throw a flaming skull at them (that will sometimes go for another but it's a whimsical skull) and then do it again like twenty seconds later.

It's not near as satisfying as just dropping him with one casual shot from a side arm.

The whimsical nature of the flaming skull also means it sometimes seems to do no damage or just ignore him and hit a mook nearby.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I got Potion Share charm, and since then i've been enjoying running Potion Drop on ranger. You just roleplay being hella thristy all of the time and give out free buffs to your friends. Healing draughts do not drop, sadly.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I like that Bounty Hunter Saltzpyre is trying to stay incognito but can't stop himself from screaming HOLY JUSTICE and yelling about Sigmar while he works.

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

What is the best use-case for the dwarf smoke bomb?

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Sanzuo posted:

I throw it down if I'm surrounded or need to pick up a friendly. Supposedly you get a damage buff while attacking out of it but I honestly couldn't tell against bosses.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Jimbot posted:

I throw it down if I'm surrounded or need to pick up a friendly. Supposedly you get a damage buff while attacking out of it but I honestly couldn't tell against bosses.

you don't anymore, you used to.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Only counts for shooting, not melee. Probably best used with the Grudgeraker than either of the single-shots.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Best-use scenario is that you use it to disengage from the horde for long enough to snipe a troublesome blightstormer, then pick up a downed ally while the enemies aren't paying much attention to you and then fight your way out aided by the health bonus for your level 25 talent.

It can also be helpful when you're fighting yoshi because he'll turn his back on you long enough to comfortably plant some shots into baby mario

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

what we're saying is that ranger bardin is pretty bad

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yeah, it's definitely nowhere near as strong as Ironbreaker, but I like dwarf's ranged weapons so that's pretty much my only real option.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Sanzuo posted:

It's a wonderful panic moment tool.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ammanas posted:

It's a wonderful panic moment tool.

it isn't even really good at that since guys that are already taking a swing at you will continue to take swings at you. so if you have 10 dudes around you and hit f, like 6 of them will bugger off but the other 4 are already swinging and will continue swinging even after you block. you can't move to dodge away from it, either, because that will take you out of the smoke bomb!

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

Is there a lore reason that the stormvermin carries a tiny rat around on its back? It looks neat, but all that the tiny rat seems to do is wiggle around and provide a second weakpoint to hit.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived
red crit as in red number on the target dummy? because those are just any time that number is over 4k crit or not

if not, why "red" crit?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

They said they're patching again today, right? Foot Knight is already godly so I really want to see how nuts he is with working auras.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

Coolguye posted:

what we're saying is that ranger bardin is pretty bad

I mean, doom marine bardin is fine, and he can keep people's ammo rolling for a good long time. But he can't unfuck a situation quite like the ironbreaker can and that's kind of his cardinal sin.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Ironbreaker feels like a better ranged class lol

The Drakegun is super disappointing though

Super 3
Dec 31, 2007

Sometimes the powers you get are shit.
Dwarf smoke is to divert attention to someone else obviously.

Still enjoying Merc's halberd over all the other weapons.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Koldenblue posted:

Is there a lore reason that the stormvermin carries a tiny rat around on its back? It looks neat, but all that the tiny rat seems to do is wiggle around and provide a second weakpoint to hit.

I think it's a brain rat or something, some hosed-up abomination that does the thinking for the Rat Ogre because it's probably too stupid to know how to use the guns it has.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

They really should've left the healing potion on drops in, I think. Ironbreaker is one of the most solid classes in the game and can be a foundation for your team. (A good) Slayer can pump out the boss and armored killing numbers and be a huge asset. If Ranger Veteran still dropped healing, I think he'd be on par with the other two but for now, there's not much reason to go for it if you're playing Bardin.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Koldenblue posted:

That little rat grafted to their back are the brains of the otherwise incredibly dumb Stormfiend combo. The combination of the brain rat and the rat ogre allow the Stormfiend to use weapons like the warpfire thrower and actually think somewhat better on its own without a pack master around.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Koldenblue posted:

there is, actually. that pack master is the real brains behind the outfit - a rat ogre is too stupid and violent to operate their gear effectively while remaining pliable enough to take orders and not lash out at anything in range (even friendlies). the solution is a specially grown pack master grafted onto the rat ogre's back to provide the intelligence required.

it's literally part of the stormfiend's nervous system so in lore hitting it has pretty much the same effect as hitting it in game.

fadam posted:

They said they're patching again today, right? Foot Knight is already godly so I really want to see how nuts he is with working auras.

they said they'd patch again as things passed testing, daily if required. so they intend to patch fast but daily isn't a promise.

Martout posted:

red crit as in red number on the target dummy? because those are just any time that number is over 4k crit or not

if not, why "red" crit?
it got its name during beta when red numbers like that only showed up in the case of some serious fuckery because everyone's hero power was relatively small. but 4k sounds like numbers from that time period; it should be like 40.25 or something now. sure you're looking at the right thing?

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

The durability of the ironbreaker really shocked me. The free hit every 20 seconds is immensely useful

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

yesterday’s hot patch multiplied all displayed damage numbers by 100 i think

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Coolguye posted:

it got its name during beta when red numbers like that only showed up in the case of some serious fuckery because everyone's hero power was relatively small. but 4k sounds like numbers from that time period; it should be like 40.25 or something now. sure you're looking at the right thing?

the patch yesterday amped damage back up to the hundreds & thousands (against training dummies)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

found on reddit