Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dancer
May 23, 2011
BTW, of all things you will or will not accept newbie-justification for, please accept it for me asking this question. I would like some more experienced players' input. Am I correct in assuming that, if a tie is formed with like 30 seconds left, and I see it formed, I should step in to break it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Oh it’s 4-3

Dancer
May 23, 2011
JFC plurality is a mess who came up with this.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote dead cow let chaos reign

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote dead cow i think bee movie is town

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

flerp posted:

##vote dead cow i think bee movie is town

:stare: flerp are you scum

Dancer
May 23, 2011
##vote dead cow I don't want a tie, tyvm.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:redhammer:

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
In a meeting. Will post shortly.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

Dead Cow (6): Somberbrero, DGK2000, DGK2000, Anomalous Amalgam, Kashuno, Deadbeat Dad, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, flerp, Dancer
b-minus1 (4): Kashuno, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, DGK2000, Hal Incandenza, NevergirlsOFFICIAL, Quidthulhu, Dead Cow
Quidthulhu (1): Dead Cow, Kashuno, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu, Dead Cow, Kashuno, Anomalous Amalgam
Hal Incandenza (0): Dancer, Dancer
Jonathan Fisk (0): Hal Incandenza, Dead Cow, Hal Incandenza, Dead Cow
Kashuno (0): flerp, b-minus1, Dancer, Dancer, b-minus1, Dead Cow, Dead Cow, flerp
Anomalous Amalgam (0): Kashuno, Kashuno, Dancer, Dancer
Dancer (0): Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
DGK2000 (0): Deadbeat Dad, Deadbeat Dad
Deadbeat Dad (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
flerp (0): b-minus1, b-minus1

Not Voting (2): Jonathan Fisk, Quidthulhu

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is March 14th, 2018 at 2:45 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Music plays through an intercom system...

Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga
Ooga-chaka Ooga-Ooga

I can't stop this feeling
Deep inside of me
Girl, you just don't realize
What you do to me

When you hold me
In your arms so tight
You let me know
Everything's all right

I'm hooked on a feeling
I'm high on believing
That you're in love with me

bzzttt whirrrrr *scratch*

"Good evening. The masses have spoken. Raymond, please approach the podium."

Without a second thought, Raymond Reynolds, a local town bodyguard who you would most often see protecting the wealthy (a stint or two with the Rommels even at one point), walked to the gallows. The look on his face was robotic in nature, like he wasn't even there anymore.

Everyone looked onward curiously... and then he put the noose around his own neck, climbed on top of the chair, and kicked it out from under himself.

Raymond Reynolds died that day. Did he take his own life or did you take it?

"Thank you, Raymond. Now, please find comfortable sleeping arrangements for the evening. We will pick back up tomorrow."

Is there an accent in that voice? Have I heard it before?

Raymond Reynolds, Town Bodyguard was lynched on day 1.

Night actions.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Oh what an unusual deadline. Are nights open?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Nights are open, as is standard in all my games.

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sloppy

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Nice

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Flerp who are your scumbtows

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
ok

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
Hey, sorry. That deadline was rough for me. I probably wouldn't have changed my vote though! Boo Quid. Boo Fisk.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
Kash, you led me to hell.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

b-minus1 posted:

I guess I could break the tie by voting dead cow. My flerp vote is useless

Hmmm decisions

this was sorta a weird thing to say huh?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Deadbeat Dad posted:

Kash, you led me to hell.

You ain’t dead dude keep tracking me

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Somberbrero posted:

I don’t think so

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Somberbrero posted:

i mean he isnt wrong in that nobody was going to switch their vote onto me

im not sure if i believe bminus genuinely believes im scum since he doesnt seem to be interested in trying to convince anybody that im scum :v:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
PLAYER: Quidthulhu
SCUM RATING: 0
TOWN RATING: 0

NULL. Obv. Joke Phase Post.

Quidthulhu posted:

For real though I think we should dunk b-, purely because if he rolled scum again and legitimately went “WELL HAVENT DONE THIS GAMBIT BEFORE MIGHT AS WELL TRY IT” it would be hella funny if that didn’t even work for him

Suspicious Joke Phase Post. Upon several rereads, I've assigned it +0.5 S.R.

Quidthulhu posted:

I don't hate this as a case but I also feel like it's maybe premature to jump here on D1 when Westworld juuuusttt ended

Quid and Bee Man both missed that Lumpen had replaced out, and Quid's response to this not only comes across as disingenuous, but uninvolved.

+1 S.R.

Quidthulhu posted:

Somber are you here can you expand

Quid is assessing cases, but making none of his own. Missed the explanation by Somber. I can't fault him for missing the explanation, but I can fault him for his only "case" being a joke phase post about Bee Man.

Quidthulhu posted:

I want AA to expand on this because it's the only vote that seems to have any legs / might have merit but idgi? I feel like we're all just shrugging toward a dunk since the deadline is so early and nobody noticed to start playing actual mafia :v:

AA are you heeere

Again, not doing any case work of his own.
+1 S.R.

Quidthulhu posted:

It seems a bit odd to me that other stuff has happened in thread and DC's still your strongest gut-read. Nothing else? How do you feel about b- and myself being terrible at reading comprehension?

It's generally a town move to admit you've hosed up, and kind of a decent thing to do overall, but I find the overall direction of this line of questioning to be intentionally counterproductive, but cannot directly prove it to be.

I'll award it 0.5 T.R. as a result.

+0.5 T.R.

PLAYER: Quidthulhu
SCUM RATING: 2.5
TOWN RATING: 0.5

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
AA i like your play in general, seems like you're trying to get things going, but you voted for Quid when no one else was, close to deadline. Then you go through Quid's post history and come out pretty lukewarm on him? I don't get it.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
PLAYER: Hal Incandenza
SCUM RATING: 2.0

There is no deep assessment necessary at this point in time. In the 7 posts Hal has made, the only real post of note is the vote against B-:

Hal Incandenza posted:

##vote binus sorry guy

With limited Joke Phase interaction, and an unexplained vote for the sake of the vote, it looks poorly.

Even with Moderator enforced plurality lynches there isn't anyway to frame this as anything other than bad play.

A.A. Meta Read: Lurker Status, not a bad thing, but I expect a degree of lurking from Hal.

I don't think any T.R. has been earned from his posts. I feel comfortable placing them at 2 for S.R.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

AA i like your play in general, seems like you're trying to get things going, but you voted for Quid when no one else was, close to deadline. Then you go through Quid's post history and come out pretty lukewarm on him? I don't get it.

I think Quid currently looks pretty bad. My rating system is something that I'm coming up with on the fly as I actively try to redefine my own meta, and speech in games. I think I'm going to try to change up how I post in every game from now on.

But more relevant to this game specifically: A 2.5 is p. bad, it's on a scale of like 0-4.

I have nothing concrete, and day 1 so in general scores will probably be middling to negligible, but I don't like their play so far and will probably carry my vote on them into the next day.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I think Quid currently looks pretty bad. My rating system is something that I'm coming up with on the fly as I actively try to redefine my own meta, and speech in games. I think I'm going to try to change up how I post in every game from now on.

But more relevant to this game specifically: A 2.5 is p. bad, it's on a scale of like 0-4.

I have nothing concrete, and day 1 so in general scores will probably be middling to negligible, but I don't like their play so far and will probably carry my vote on them into the next day.

I appreciate that you're going through people with a more objective approach, but it feels like this method isn't really going to convince anyone of anything. i mean i didn't even know what a 2.5 meant out of context, also why does your scale only go to 4? it seems like content for content's sake.

flerp posted:

i mean he isnt wrong in that nobody was going to switch their vote onto me

im not sure if i believe bminus genuinely believes im scum since he doesnt seem to be interested in trying to convince anybody that im scum :v:

it feels weird because DC was pushing you too and yeah, he didn't seem like he was making a strong case.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I didn't expect the deadline change, not really sorry about it

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho
I'm not too proud of my vote/just general content so far but it's been a hard game to really get any reads.

DC was not the best vote and probably wouldn't have been my final vote if I was to stay around at deadline, but whatever. I kinda take back what I said about b-minus and his style being so different though. While I don't agree with a statistical percent sort of lynch, I could see him getting scum for the however many time and then being like gently caress it I'm just going to post really differently and see what happens.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

I appreciate that you're going through people with a more objective approach, but it feels like this method isn't really going to convince anyone of anything. i mean i didn't even know what a 2.5 meant out of context, also why does your scale only go to 4? it seems like content for content's sake.

it feels weird because DC was pushing you too and yeah, he didn't seem like he was making a strong case.

What you address in this post is irrelevant.

Think of the numerical assessment as my own personal flavor for the post.

My opinions are still expressed, and having a more conservative opinion at this point is the reasonable stance to take given the limited content.

The distinction you fail to make is that I'm generating discussion on the content that exists, and am directly addressing what I find suspicious about a previously expressed read.

Your dismissal reflects poorly, imo.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also with an open night and no promise of seeing the next day, I might as well get my ideas and thoughts out while I'm still breathing :v:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
PLAYER: b-minus1
SCUM RATING: 0

I actually like this. It says a lot with a little. It is also what I found suspicious about Dancer. Tinfoiled A.A. would be inclined to say that maybe scum would call out obvious things like that to look good, tinfoiled A.A. also says, I call out things like that, what does that say about me? Regardless...

At the time, and even now with me slowly adding layers of foil to my melon +.75 T.R.

b-minus1 posted:

yeah its me

b-minus1 posted:

im gonna out my scum partners bc we dont have a good team

I dislike scum claims. It would be good if we policy lynched every scum claim, but even still. I suppose Bee Man could be scum again.

I dislike this so a solid +1 S.R.

b-minus1 posted:

i just watched lumpen play an incredible town game by controlling the discussion every single day. i wonder why hes not posting in this game.... :thunk:

I addressed both Quid and Bee Man about the failure to notice Lump Lord's replacement with 'lol', but in truth, as addressed by Quid and later by me in my assessment of Quid, it's not good.

I can forgive it because I too make that mistake all too often, but as a town-oriented player this game, I have to place it as a solid +1 S.R. uninvolved/uninformed in general.

b-minus1 posted:

If someone has to die I’ll fall on the sword but everyone should take a close look at Fisk, somber and flerp tomorrow

No meaningful play beyond jokes, and a piteous martyrdom that seems artificial.

+0.5 S.R.

b-minus1 posted:

Oh it’s 4-3

b-minus1 posted:

##vote dead cow let chaos reign

As a lynch leader, I suppose it's not too bad to vote for the other lynch leaders, but it is openly a vote without conviction, self-preservation only.

+0.5 S.R.

PLAYER: b-minus1
TOWN RATING: 0.75
SCUM RATING: 3.00

I guess you really did roll scum again. That has to suck.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Somberbrero posted:

yeah dbd going back i don't see anything real. usually this is the part of the game where i latch onto something inconsequential in order to drive the game forward but i don't got anything.

I'd just like to point out that you kind of dismissed my analysis as content for the sake of content, and you've admitted to actually doing this with purpose.

Keep in mind, I'm actually addressing the things I've found scummy and you are trying to frame it as "something inconsequential in order to drive the game forward"...

Somberbrero posted:

It definitely was a weird thing for you to say.

+1.0 S.R.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
+69.420 SR

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lol @ my scum rating

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
PLAYER: Somberbrero
SCUM RATING: 1.0

Somberbrero posted:

that's a weird reaction to a joke ##vote dead cow

2nd post in the game. It's a serious post. I don't have a problem with joke phase seriousness, and I think it's a good thing that actually starts the game.

In the light of her flip, DCs post about a vote against them being anti town makes sense.

Scum would have incentive for removing pro-town roles.

Part of me feels like this was a good post made by somber, and another part of me is very wary of it.

I'll leave it as null, but I believe it is worth mentioning.

The general direction of their posts warrants some T.R.

I'd say +1 T.R. overall, but I think the dismissal of the actual discussion about Quid's play is not good overall.

I already assigned S.R. a rating of 1, but I believe it would best be put at 2.

PLAYER: Somberbrero
TOWN RATING: 1.0
SCUM RATING: 2.0

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Kashuno posted:

+69.420 SR

The most sacred of ratings, obv.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

Lol @ my scum rating

It's p. bad man

*consoling pat*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
your rating system is p flawed. +1 for saying yeah im scum lol
+1 for not noticing that lumpen replaced out LOL
ill give you the 0.5s because yeah i was gonna just roll with it and let myself be lynched,but decided not to at the last second. whatever. if anything that should make it pretty obvious what my role is in this game

• Locked thread