Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Meridian posted:

Kill trash.

Yeah I do but I just feel like I'm not really contributing, and there's so many adds that I can't be everywhere at once. Ironbreaker could at least taunt them once per encounter :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011
I thought flaming skull could stagger bosses as well, might be misremembering.

Kaedric
Sep 5, 2000

Btw, not sure how much the end game stats screen should be trusted on determining max HP for a character. Tried it with Sir Kruber, both with and without +25% health talent, and the screen showed the same value (263). I unfortunately mushed a +hp necklace to see if that had an effect on it or not.

So it's either a case of a busted talent that does nothing, or the screen is meaningless.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Skypie posted:

Yeah I do but I just feel like I'm not really contributing, and there's so many adds that I can't be everywhere at once. Ironbreaker could at least taunt them once per encounter :smith:

As others say, the most important stat at the end of the match is finishing it. Even if you're not taking chunks out of the boss, keeping the hordes busy so your damage dealer team mates can is contributing for sure!

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Skypie posted:

nobody is actually contributing against burblespue at this point

everyone just sort of stumbles forward in the blind hope that you deal enough damage before his bullshit disease projections do enough DoT through your guard to kill you

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Meridian posted:

As others say, the most important stat at the end of the match is finishing it. Even if you're not taking chunks out of the boss, keeping the hordes busy so your damage dealer team mates can is contributing for sure!

Also I'm constantly using my temp hp to soak up venting damage when i play as Ironbreaker

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
if your damage is over 500 and you know it's not temp health abuse maybe ease up a bit otherwise don't worry about it

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm curious what the first major patch of the game will bring, plenty of people already figured out what are the "best" classes and which are clearly the worst.

Maybe they will buff up ranger so that it's actually the dwarfs ranged class instead of iron breaker, maybe bright wizard will have a purpose, maybe instead of classes like slayer having talents like "5% movement speed when the only person alive" they buff it up to "if the only person alive, get 25% movement speed/damage/defense"

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I'm curious what the first major patch of the game will bring, plenty of people already figured out what are the "best" classes and which are clearly the worst.

Maybe they will buff up ranger so that it's actually the dwarfs ranged class instead of iron breaker, maybe bright wizard will have a purpose, maybe instead of classes like slayer having talents like "5% movement speed when the only person alive" they buff it up to "if the only person alive, get 25% movement speed/damage/defense"

maybe if it included "become immune to disabling" and made you murder gutter runners, packmasters, leeches, etc when they tried to attack you i'd consider something like that worthwhile

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Skypie posted:

Please give me some advice for fighting Burblespue as Knight Kruber on Champion because holy gently caress do I feel useless during that fight.

quit the match and get fatshark to make the snot ghosts actually dodgeable by the target

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

counterintuitively it seems like it's way more effective to dodge his snot ghosts if you get right up next to him since it means the angle you travel through is greater than if you're far away

then he summons a whirlwind or punches you in the head so whatever

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

he just turntables toward you like a dark souls 2 enemy if you're the target so it doesn't help

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

counterintuitively it seems like it's way more effective to dodge his snot ghosts if you get right up next to him since it means the angle you travel through is greater than if you're far away

then he summons a whirlwind or punches you in the head so whatever

He also has some weird-rear end disable I've never really understood.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Ravenfood posted:

He also has some weird-rear end disable I've never really understood.

The black "flies" or whatever? You can smack your team mates out of that.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Really liking the Longbow for Huntsman but planting your feet while you aim is awkward as poo poo after using Kerillian for a while. As is the shots becoming more inaccurate.

Veritas
Aug 20, 2003
what's the max power level for a piece of gear?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Veritas posted:

Coolguye posted:

this is how it works:

your profile has a "highest gear score seen" variable that starts at 5 when you start the game.

every time you open a box, it takes that number and adds or subtracts a random amount from it to give you the power of what comes out of the box. this part is totally RNG, and you have no real input in it.

after the box is open, it checks to see if there's anything higher than your highest gear seen. if it's higher than your profile's number, it updates it and that's that from then on in.

so if your highest gear score is 5, and you open a box and you get a 15 out of it, your highest gear score becomes 15. then next time you open a box, you might see an 18, and then it gets updated. and so on.

nothing can help you aside from just opening more boxes. the SUPR OPTIMUL meta would be to run recruit until you have 100, run veteran until you have 200, save all your commendation chests for when you have 200, open them then, and then run champion until you cap out at 300.

if that sounds like too many rules then if you just open the drat box as you have the drat box then you'll progress 90% as fast as the SUPR OPTIMUL guys probably

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

Veritas posted:

All this talk of which stat is most important is of course inverted for slayer, where if your damage taken isn’t through the roof you’re clearly not jumping into enough hordes without backup.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
you don't know how bad Snot Ghoster is until you try to fight him as Unchained. Lol...

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
We got owned by Snarskit or whatever earlier on Champ. It had actually been a fairly smooth run and as MerKruber, I had my F ability ready in case a couple people got downed.

Then Sienna nuked off half my health in the tunnel leading up to the boss arena. And it was in this fight I finally noticed you don't get as many downs in Champion difficulty. :v:

Same group tried again and did a full clear of Righteous Stand where I was the only casualty cuz I got gangbanged by a Stormvermin patrol. Highlight of the run was a Spawn of Chaos coming in but he spawned behind one of the gates that opens in the arena event. So before we started the event, me and the elf shot him to death while he was trapped

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

I AM BRAWW posted:

you don't know how bad Snot Ghoster is until you try to fight him as Unchained. Lol...

The first time I did that level it was a quick play, and I was playing Ironbreaker with flamethrower.

We didn’t win.

Next time I busted out beam pyro Sienna because if that fat gently caress wants to try and cheese his way to victory so will I.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Just leave Halescourge until Fatshark makes a boss worth fighting. There are no redeemable qualities about that fight. It's not interesting, it's not fun. It's just a colossal waste of time.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
The two main points of Unchained are that 1) your overcharge fills up when you take dmg, since 50% dmg goes to overcharge and 50% goes to health, and 2) when you block an attack, it'll lower your overcharge. Except that you can't block the Snot Ghosts, so they poison you and cause your overcharge to keep ticking up, and since you can't block them, you can't get rid of your overcharge unless you run around and wait to use your ability or you end up blowing yourself up from max overcharge. its awesome

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
Has anyone figured out the method of getting heroic deeds on the regular?

I have gotten one out of a good fifty chests so far.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

There's some boss that swings a halberd and summons rats. His halberd, while telegraphed, has completely off the wall range. It's like 3x the range of the skin itself.

It would be nice if the in-game model at all resembled how far that stupid thing can hit you, because it's an AOE sweep and you can be fighting an entirely different add-rat thinking you're well out of range. Nope!

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
What does 10 HP mean to a bar? Yes I know we've posted for a few pages now about classes having different health pools and also not knowing what those pools are so I guess I'll just ask as I approach lvl 15 Bardin does Ironbreaker want faster Gromrils or 10 HP with Gromril?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

You want a faster safety blanket, full stop

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

AggressivelyStupid posted:

You want a faster safety blanket, full stop

keep my blankie on at all times

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

trip report: that heat sink crit/monster beam staff is hella dank

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Game is drat Glitchy.
Had a charge attack trap me in limbo hell, and another run where the boss spawned, got stuck in a tree, refused to take damage or attack yet blocked progress. Sigh

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Halescourge's snot things get blocked by the struts and supports, so if he turns toward you make a beeline for getting behind the strut, your teammates can wail on him and you'll be fine. If you've got ammo left, you can take a few shots, too.

Doesn't always work, because he shoots one off like a second after he teleports and that's not a lot of time, but it's better than just giving up and taking the DOT.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
halescourge taught me the word 'muculent'

the chaos gods want you to pass your standardized tests

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Pro-tip: you can start running/teamkilling during the map intro animation by pressing F2 (brings up console) and then pressing it again to close the console. Now Sienna can explode and teamkill everyone on Vet/Champion before anyone can even move.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I feel like the best slayer talents are +crit, critted enemies take damage, and health on crit, but only if you are amazing. I feel like the shameful talents for me are more health, 15 damage or half, and health on kill.

Baiard
Nov 7, 2011

it's good for you
The halberd has enough range on Kruber to hit Halescourge through the floor. I just did a Champion fight that went really smoothly where I charged around to the boss, attacked him until he teleported and cleaned up adds until the next charge. The tip about the struts blocking the ghostbuster stuff is really good too, although worrying about lining that up and dealing with adds at the same time is a bit difficult.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

When Skittergate doesn't bug out, it's actually a super cool final level.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Coolguye posted:

his Animosity shout is one of only three actives in the game that can make the chaos spawn drop someone he's about to munch on (the other two are Kruber's).
Pretty sure BH's ult is another one but drat that's great list of reasons to play WHC

Capri Sun Tzu fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Mar 15, 2018

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

So are most of the people who have 600 hero level and 5x level 30 characters using the "dash off the cliff" trick or some other map hack, or are most of those people just playing a lot?

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

What is the list of those?

Kruber: Merc Shout and his Knight charge
Bardin: Nothing? Don't think Slayer can and IB Taunt doesn't work
Kerillian : Maybe Trueshot? I don't think so though.
Salty: WHC shout, BH active?
Sienna: Fairly sure her pyro does. Don't think Bomb does.

Internet Explorer posted:

So are most of the people who have 600 hero level and 5x level 30 characters using the "dash off the cliff" trick or some other map hack, or are most of those people just playing a lot?

I'd assume the latter. They'd get bugger all loot doing that so they'd be pretty much living off commendation chests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crazy Person Saltzpyre's charge move doesn't seem all that great. It seems to go further than I want it to and it doesn't really stun or plow through enemies.