Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Well, I'm in a game right now and he's still just as unkillable so I guess it doesn't matter either way LOL

EDIT: What are you Kruber-heads taking for talents? Using a S+S I've been very happy with:

1.Max Health (best in slot imo)
2.Stam Regen. on Charged Attack(best in slot imo)
3.Humongous boost up to 5% on the defensive aura.
4.Temp HP on Kills. (best in slot imo)
5.100% stamina reduction on block after an ult.

Not sure about the last tier. Other than boss fights I feel like my ult is always off cooldown when I need it just from the CDR from damaging things, so idk how valuable 30% reduction is. I tried the attack boost one out but didn't notice a difference in my damage output, but I might have been in a weird breakpoint or something.

fadam fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Mar 15, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!
So, Elf sword is actually pretty good with enough hero power I think. Starting to prefer it to the Glaive, because for some reason on the Glaive I consistently seem to not hit things directly in front of me. Hitbox for it is maybe too high? Anyway, at 550+ HP the sword is one hitting rats and zombies on Champion, and one headshot can drop the regular marauder dudes. Swings fast as hell for horde blendering, the stabby heavy attack feels okay if not great. Easier to land that than the timing on hitting the backswing on the Glaive for sure though. I'd kind of written the thing off, glad I gave it another shot.

Martout
Aug 8, 2007

None so deprived

Ignite Memories posted:

Are you saying you can't do this currently?

I feel like Doom Dwarf is the only setup that DOES work for ranger

well yes but I want to crit when smoking up and to know what my talents do without trial and error

e:

fadam posted:

Well, I'm in a game right now and he's still just as unkillable so I guess it doesn't matter either way LOL

EDIT: What are you Kruber-heads taking for talents? Using a S+S I've been very happy with:

Not sure about the last tier. Other than boss fights I feel like my ult is always off cooldown when I need it just from the CDR from damaging things, so idk how valuable 30% reduction is. I tried the attack boost one out but didn't notice a difference in my damage output, but I might have been in a weird breakpoint or something.

basically same though I don't always run S&S. infinite blocks for a few seconds on a relatively short cooldown is WAY too good to pass up imho and with Stam regen on charge attack and as much stamina on gear as possible you can blockshove all you want and with Off Balance weapon trait (use this!) you can disrupt annoying boss mechanics, shrug off their flailing combos and give your team mates a solid damage boost on top of it.

foot knight Kruber is really really good

Martout fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Mar 15, 2018

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

fadam posted:

Pretty much the exact same setup. Knight Kruber is pretty hard to gently caress up.

The 25 talent is a no brainer because, poo poo, why on earth would you need CDR on one of the fastest CD ults in the game? 100% free blocks for 10 seconds after charging adds a completely extra functionality to the ult, and a very very strong one at that.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe
I just unlocked Shade. What's the deal with what's considered a backstab? And how does her talent to improve her backstab angle change that?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Finding out Sienna fire-punches people for her fireblade heavy attacks means I'm going to use her flaming sword a lot regardless of utility.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

fadam posted:

For the level 15's I like the extra stamina shield. Can't go wrong with a little extra block, especially if you're not using a shield.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I played Elf and took the least damage. I'm a bad Elf. :smith:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if they just hosed up and meant to write "by 5%" but who can really say since they literally never, ever give us a functional tooltip that tells us what Protective Presence does normally!

This is probably it. One of the closed tests said certain talents boosted dodge range “by 110%” and max health “by 120%” which were obviously supposed to say “to”

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Night10194 posted:

Finding out Sienna fire-punches people for her fireblade heavy attacks means I'm going to use her flaming sword a lot regardless of utility.

It's more like a fire-slap, which is even better

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It's a dumb flavor thing but I really like how her magic is really integrated into her melee fighting now.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

Jimbot posted:

For the level 15's I like the extra stamina shield. Can't go wrong with a little extra block, especially if you're not using a shield.

I use the stam talent if I don't have a shield, and the damage reduction if I do. I think the stam is way more helpful when you're getting swung at more (which you are since you don't have shield knockdown). Of course if it's really only 5% DR maybe stam 4 lyfe

I also use the push/block angle talent a lot because 270 degree push with mace/shield is funny as gently caress but the health is probably objectively better

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I'd there a tldr for the patch

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

The 25 talent is a no brainer because, poo poo, why on earth would you need CDR on one of the fastest CD ults in the game?

So you can suicide charge off the mountain faster obviously.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how amazing the new lines are for healing at high health

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't very much like the crafting system they came up with, too many different materials, some of them too few uses and scrap being the big limiter on getting new items after you melt down most of your junk.

I have 230 green dust and 340 blue dust and rerolling stats is the only thing they are useful for so I'd have to spend a hour hitting the re-roll button to ever run dry.
140 gemcutter toolkits which are useless because you only need a few trinkets/charms/necklaces to equip everyone, which is also a major pain to equip/unequip, I had to remove a trinket on every single character before I could reroll the traits, it's also frustrating to get 2-3 trinkets per chest you open instead of weapons for your class, only 40 weapon toolkits which is still more then enough but falls short of the gemcutter toolkits.

tldr: crafting has a lot of materials that are limiting for the first week and then might as well be infinite besides scrap and lacks ways to convert materials between eachother.

bro the crafting system loving RULES.

ZenVulgarity posted:

yeah its

• why are you
  • so freaking lazy
  • that you can't read
  • a bulleted list
  • that takes literally 60 seconds
  • to take in
  • like seriously
  • why does this need to be regurgitated
  • with even less detail than we get already

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ZenVulgarity posted:

They aren't that big.

Fans
Jun 27, 2013

A reptile dysfunction

ZenVulgarity posted:

“Some bug fixes”

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Pretty much the exact same setup. Knight Kruber is pretty hard to gently caress up.

The 25 talent is a no brainer because, poo poo, why on earth would you need CDR on one of the fastest CD ults in the game? 100% free blocks for 10 seconds after charging adds a completely extra functionality to the ult, and a very very strong one at that.

CDR talent has a lot of power for allowing you to chain stun bosses singlehandedly with purple potion, which can be extremely useful. Foot Knight is hands down one of the strongest purple potion carriers.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 15, 2018

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

xanif posted:

I'm really liking handmaiden but I'm really bad at it.

How am I supposed to handle hordes? Stagger, spam quick attack, repeat? Or stagger, power attack, repeat?

If I charge a power attack and release it just as I use dash, will it hit all enemies I pass through?

Play Waywatcher instead. Handmaiden is terrible.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FileNotFound posted:

Play Waywatcher instead. Handmaiden is terrible.

Handmaiden is incredible. Just a completely different play style. Her control game is top notch and can dish out lots of kills too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

fadam posted:

Basically what I use, but consider the Regain health on boss kill if you got a backline killing everything, I barely take much damage with a HP regen neck on tanks and if your letting your team do most of the killing while you disrupt you won't get too much temp health, the boss health will also take you out of grey health if it was a rough one.
That said temp health is still nice for buffering some random hits.

What would you guys say is Kruber's second best weapon behind the halberd? I didn't much care for how slow his shield weapons are.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Mar 15, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ZenVulgarity posted:

-elf party regen aura works now
-elf skill that gives back ammo now does it proportional to the max ammo count of her ranged weapon
-markus foot knight aura works with things that buff it now
-unchained sienna won't overheat and explode while taking damage from things that grab her
-fixed a few crashes

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh also maybe most important: upgrading thing to orange quality now takes the full 50 scrap and not just the 20.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
also in the patch: i hear pyromancer's ult interrupts spawn of chaos's grab now

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Digirat posted:

Can we all take a moment to appreciate how amazing the new lines are for healing at high health

Cowcaster posted:

got a “healing with high health” admonishment from sienna -> bardin along the lines of “bardin! you waste almost as much of our healing supplies as the elf!”

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I like to roleplay Bardin by being very very thirsty all the time

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Coolguye posted:

since everyone is correcting me now i DID make an update post testing this junk after i got off work that evening, but apparently it's easier to find this post that's like 15 pages back but not the correction that's 10 pages back
Thread moves fast :)

Unrelated, but is there any way to get Rat Simulator 2 to display the built-in Steam FPS counter? It works in other games, including V1, but V2 seems to ignore it.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Cowcaster posted:

-elf party regen aura works now
-elf skill that gives back ammo now does it proportional to the max ammo count of her ranged weapon
-markus foot knight aura works with things that buff it now
-unchained sienna won't overheat and explode while taking damage from things that grab her
-fixed a few crashes

Ty friend

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Stanley Pain posted:

Handmaiden is incredible. Just a completely different play style. Her control game is top notch and can dish out lots of kills too.

How are you supposed to play her?

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014
Two patches later, one mission is still essentially unwinnable on anything higher than veteran.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

This game is very buggy.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Ad by Khad posted:

also in the patch: i hear pyromancer's ult interrupts spawn of chaos's grab now

It’s done this for a while now and it’s very helpful since you can build it back up with the Crit stream on the beam staff

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.

Ignite Memories posted:

I like to roleplay Bardin by being very very thirsty all the time

Every time you drink a potion you should say "I'm hungry"

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

chesnok posted:

Two patches later, one mission is still essentially unwinnable on anything higher than veteran.

Two patches being two days. poo poo takes time.

enraged_camel posted:

This game is very buggy.

As frustrating as getting disconnected or having problems in the middle of a mission is, I wouldn't describe the game as "very buggy."

Otto Octopus
Aug 12, 2009

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I don't very much like the crafting system they came up with, too many different materials, some of them too few uses and scrap being the big limiter on getting new items after you melt down most of your junk.

I have 230 green dust and 340 blue dust and rerolling stats is the only thing they are useful for so I'd have to spend a hour hitting the re-roll button to ever run dry.
140 gemcutter toolkits which are useless because you only need a few trinkets/charms/necklaces to equip everyone, which is also a major pain to equip/unequip, I had to remove a trinket on every single character before I could reroll the traits, it's also frustrating to get 2-3 trinkets per chest you open instead of weapons for your class, only 40 weapon toolkits which is still more then enough but falls short of the gemcutter toolkits.

tldr: crafting has a lot of materials that are limiting for the first week and then might as well be infinite besides scrap and lacks ways to convert materials between eachother.

I agree with all of this, the crafting system could really use some changes. Especially now that they fixed it to use 50 scrap to upgrade to an orange. Scrap is the only limiting factor in crafting, the other materials might as well not even be there.

Plus after reading what you said, I agree 100% with the sentiment that getting trinkets out of chests sucks. It seems like you get trinkets just as often as weapons. But there are only 3 different kinds of trinkets, as opposed to a huge variety of weapons.

chesnok
Nov 14, 2014

Internet Explorer posted:

Two patches being two days. poo poo takes time.

Game has had two major beta tests and is out for a week. Developers patch irrelevant percentile points in character skills and other minutia instead of addressing the boss encounter that is literally impossible on champ or lord and not fun to play on any difficulty.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

xanif posted:

How are you supposed to play her?

Use the active every time you hear the elf start saying something to interrupt yourself with an echoing "LUMBERFOOTS!"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It’s a lot easier for them to notice a discrepancy between a stat’s description and its actual number and change 1 thing to fix it, do a quick test with and without it to confirm that it’s working as intended now, and put it in the release branch

Fixing skittergate is...not that, for a number of reasons

I totally agree that every map should have been tested in a beta by now instead of only 6 out of 13 of them, but given that they weren’t, I’m not expecting every issue with skittergate and bubblefuck to be fixed overnight