Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
been practicing my tackle timing on great sword. went into a HR diablos match and shattered both his horns with tackles. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

HolePisser1982 posted:

if your character looks funny enough, these become fairly benign

no they aren't

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
I learned how to use charge blade and it fuckin owns

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

I keep going back and forth between charge blade and great sword

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Your palico can trap monsters with the flash fly cage gadget :catstare:

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I beat stupid Kirin at hunter rank 8 or whatever because I’ve been doing optional poo poo. I thought it was gonna be like Ornstein and Smoug or something the way that the games thread talks about it. Even with gunlance you have like 3 seconds to awkwardly hop out of the way of the comically telegraphed lightning.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Wait til tempered Kirin

Oh Long Johnson
Oct 22, 2010
Kirin is the only monster I don’t like hunting

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I beat stupid Kirin at hunter rank 8 or whatever because I’ve been doing optional poo poo. I thought it was gonna be like Ornstein and Smoug or something the way that the games thread talks about it. Even with gunlance you have like 3 seconds to awkwardly hop out of the way of the comically telegraphed lightning.

They’re complaining about tempered Kirin, not regular Kirin

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007
Tempered Kirin is high octane refined bullshit

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
kirin is a fun fight cause its different and unique but the tempered one basically one shots you with its attacks and too many of its attacks are randomly placed lightning bolts so it sucks rear end

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i don't like any of the tempered crap or looking for them so i stopped when i got to that part

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
ive just been doing sos investigations and learning how to use weapons i never touched before cause theyre all fun and like playing a different game

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

GonSmithe posted:

They’re complaining about tempered Kirin, not regular Kirin

What’s different about it

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What’s different about it

less telegraphing, more damage

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
thats one aspect of MH i dont like too much. the tempered monsters are basically just the normal ones but theirmoves do way more damage so all the elder dragosn ahve moves that one shot you. theyre all telegraphed ok (except kirin) but i much prefer if they did a little more damage but had more health too and were just more aggressive overall. basically i like the kind of step up in difficulty between normal diablos and black diablos versus the kind of step up in difficulty between nergigante and tempered nergigante

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7T3FNz78zyk

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Foxhound
Sep 5, 2007

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Slowly working my way through high rank missions and at 80 hours I notice for the first time my Palico mounting a small jagrass and riding him around in mounted combat. This game fuckin rules.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Just wait until he befriends a girros, monsters stop being able to move.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3urVdpCZV0A

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The Private Suite is the coziest location in all of video games.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

The Private Suite is the coziest location in all of video games.

Harp music ftmfw

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i bought this game. i hope its good.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

mycophobia posted:

You’re in for a good time, friend. Assume you’re on ps4 but if you’re on the bone I can help you out this weekend.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
yeah im on ps4

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Low Rank Kirin whipped my rear end.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

mycophobia posted:

Its freakin sweet, Im not sure why this thread is relatively dead.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
I'm waiting for the big update coming up next week or so.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

net cafe scandal posted:

Its freakin sweet, Im not sure why this thread is relatively dead.

People chewed through the content super fast, I think. I'm only about 75 hours deep and am barely into HR quests. The majority of people I've seen on twitch finished the game in a week.

net cafe scandal posted:

Low Rank Kirin whipped my rear end.

Super fun fight I can't wait for the tempered bullshit.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I'm still waiting for pc...

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:
Started playing with sword and shield, it's surprisingly fun, even if I'm relying too much on the dodge, circle launch attack

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm still waiting for pc...

The patient gamer loses again

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Kirin about to get on my last nerve.

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
yeah I basically binged through it over the last 2 months and now am taking a break but will come back to it in a little bit. gonna do a ds3 or bloodborne palate cleanse first. also was playing into the breach some which is also some major win

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

kirin has been a huge shithead throughout all the MH games, glad to hear he hasnt changed

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

I can’t decide between the katana, hammer, lance, gun lance, charge blade, switch axe, insect glaive, and bow

I chose the insect glaive, by the way.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Im not using the same moth that everyone else uses, just so you know. And I wanted to use the Hammer and Switch Axe as side mains but to face facts Ill probabyl never retrain my muscle memory enough to do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Sidemain a greatsword because it clowns on kirin