Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

handsome only face posted:

we don't need joe silva

In average these guys have a good hairline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzxToy_qmPw

What music is this? Starts at around 33 seconds, I thought it would be from the Interstellar soundtrack but, hmm I don't think so.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

You know, Arlovski fights in 2018 are wonderful. I grew up being fascinated by the guy and the fact that he’s still fighting at the level he is is super loving Coppola. My phone corrected cool into that and I’m leaving it. Hail Arlovski.

BlindSite posted:

Joe Rogan stoned out of his gord was going on about a super card of

Stipe v DC
J Jones v Brock Lesnar
Floyd mayweather v cm punk
Rda v Tyrone Woodley

I gotta admit as far as mma dreams go. It'd be a wet one.

Sometimes I relate to Joe in a very deep way

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

I find it hard to believe that Tyron Woodley would be on anyone’s dream card.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

Fighting RDA he would be, RDAs not gonna point fight him or shoot a million unsuccessful takedowns like the last 3 fights Woodleys had. When Tyrons not given space to be an enormous coward his fights are good. His right hand kills people, his wrestlings sick and hes extremely unlikeable. Making him the clear best champ on the roster.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
RDA isn't a coward like Wonderboy so he'll actually try to win that fight.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

RDA would get hosed up by Tyron. RDA isn’t big at WW at all and would get wrecked.

Also no one has laughed at CM Punk vs Floyd. Punk would get hosed up again by that.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Mr. Nice! posted:

RDA would get hosed up by Tyron. RDA isn’t big at WW at all and would get wrecked.

Also no one has laughed at CM Punk vs Floyd. Punk would get hosed up again by that.

I dunno man, cm punk hasnt itemized his stats for us yet so it may be compelling in the wrestling and kicking aspects

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
Re Floyd's self assessment -- if there were a ruleset that was Muay Thai but no strikes from legs, I think Floyd would be fine. His clinch management and elbows would translate. Sadly I would pay to see CM lose to Floyd.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

kimbo305 posted:

Re Floyd's self assessment -- if there were a ruleset that was Muay Thai but no strikes from legs, I think Floyd would be fine. His clinch management and elbows would translate. Sadly I would pay to see CM lose to Floyd.

I don’t think there’s anything sad about schadenfreude.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

I don't think you guys are fully considering the reported fact that CM Punk has recently improved his measurable fighting prowess by 200%. Thats a LOT of improvement.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/974616354362929152

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Nobody has been posting about Floyd in MMA because it's stupid and it won't happen and if it does mewse will eat his hat.

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'm not eating another hat, please stop telling people this

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Rigel posted:

I don't think you guys are fully considering the reported fact that CM Punk has recently improved his measurable fighting prowess by 200%. Thats a LOT of improvement.

https://twitter.com/MMAFighting/status/974616354362929152

I laugh everytime i see cm punk in a suit sitting at a ufc press conference because he looks like that dude who reviews fast food and energy drinks out of absinthe glasses and poo poo

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
CM Punk leg kicking Floyd to a mostly boring decision win is the kind of thing dreams are made of.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

El Roncho posted:

CM Punk leg kicking Floyd to a mostly boring decision win is the kind of thing dreams are made of.

Based on CM's fight with Mickey Gall, his kicks are maybe a 2, so even doubled, Floyd has him soundly outclassed.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Bluedeanie posted:

I laugh everytime i see cm punk in a suit sitting at a ufc press conference because he looks like that dude who reviews fast food and energy drinks out of absinthe glasses and poo poo

Review kid owns and would kick cm punks rear end

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

https://twitter.com/ufc/status/974697469777883136

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
Post fight press conference:

Shart Bolton of weird fighting web news: cm punk how did it feel to get brutally KOed in the 1st?

CM Punk: My dissapointment is immeasurable and my day has been ruined.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Matt Lindland posted:

Shart Bolton of weird fighting web news: cm punk how did it feel to get brutally KOed in the 1st?

lol

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?

Matt Lindland posted:

hahahahahaha

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
*wipes blood off with grandads pocket square*

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Matt Lindland posted:

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

https://twitter.com/jakeshieldsajj/status/974753648533278720?s=19

cub is super fun, it would be a mistake to let him go.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mewse posted:

I'm not eating another hat, please stop telling people this

So you'll only eat the one hat if Floyd fights in MMA? :shobon:

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Cyber Dog posted:

fucks sake. if he was at bantamweight at least he could fight horiguchi but there's no silver lining here

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

ariel was prodding him questions about free agency before his last fight and he said pretty much he'd go somewhere else for more money with his kid just having been born.

UFC can still sign him maybe but who knows

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Cub's response was "Man shrugging (medium skin tone)."

He's at the point in his career where it no longer makes any sense than to fight for the biggest paycheque in any given fight. There's no more chance of a bigger one being around the corner if he accepts a smaller one now. He's never going to fight for a UFC championship, so he should probably go to Bellator or Rizin to either get paid medium dollars to fight cans or big dollars to fight good fighters. In the UFC he'll get used as a gatekeeper to build up the next guy, and probably get paid mediocre money to do it.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

No more Cub Swanson UFC cards bums me right the gently caress out

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
i don't know what cub's demands are and i assume the person in charge of signings and payings at the ufc know what they are doing but i will say that i would tune in to whatever organisation puts him in a cage where he fights another man.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Marching Powder posted:

i don't know what cub's demands are and i assume the person in charge of signings and payings at the ufc know what they are doing but i will say that i would tune in to whatever organisation puts him in a cage where he fights another man.

yyyyup

It's a real loving shame I can't get Bellator in any way, shape or form in Australia because apart from the nobody-level matches and the semi-retired freakshows, they're actually starting to have some compelling fights these days.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
There's like this weird five year long ebb and flow of b-leagues and legitimate UFC competition where they pay well, attract UFC level talent, make no money, go bankrupt and lose their talent. And then the talent goes back to the UFC, some new company hustles some more funding, poaches some fighters and it starts again.

Or maybe this is a new thing developing as a response to the way WME is running the org. You emphasize money fights and people go looking for money wherever they can get it. Not that they didn't always do that to some extent, but it's become more prominent in the post McGregor era.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Apparently Werdum is interested in doing pro-wrestling so using the chair should be legal in this fight.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/SubmissionAus/status/974879505171935232

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Maybe the intern who c/ps fighters over that background can pool talent with the one doing the group chat.

Eckveldt
Aug 3, 2007

Cyber Dog posted:

Threaded replies will also keep us from ever seeing Bernard Tuttney vs Mikey Havok

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The UFC has gotten so dire.

Untrustable
Mar 17, 2009

I've been an Arlovski fan since about 2005. He's always been my favorite fighter even though he should have retired years ago. Now I have to watch him be brutally murdered by Mark Hunt's cloning machine accident. I really like Tuivasa though. I'm just gonna skip it so I don't have to watch one of my heroes die.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

In further Australian UFC news, Alex Volkanovski just got bumped into the top 15 at 145

https://instagram.com/p/BgaaoAfhO5K/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

The UFC has gotten so dire.

Reebok, Joe Silva, WME... "the fastest growing sport in the world" may die after 25 years.

• Locked thread