Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
At the Madison Square Garden show tonight they rebooked the billed card.

Cena/Nikki vs Bayley/Elias got turned into Cena/Nikki vs Sonya Deville/Elias

Bayley got added to Sasha vs Alexa match.

Sasha did a 619 on Bayley:
https://twitter.com/briantheguppie/status/974835506902159360

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Oh my God, Rey's kid might actually have been Eddie's, but Eddie's fake daughter was actually Rey's fake daughter all along!?! :aaa:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Is Asuka still working Raw house shows?

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

fixed

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Nier Automata 2 is coming along nicely, it seems.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Low Desert Punk posted:

I'm reading Hitman: My Real Life in the Cartoon World of Wrestling for the first time, and every 10 pages or so there's either a description of Bret getting his dick sucked or a story about gay guys coming onto him (including one where he punches a guy in the face)

It's very strange
Bret Hart strikes me as a closet homosexual

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Nier Automata 2 is coming along nicely, it seems.

I can't believe they found a way to top Ending E.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Is Asuka still working Raw house shows?

It was a dual branded show but yeah. Asuka defeated Mandy Rose in like a 5 minute match tonight.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

cronox2 posted:

I can't believe they found a way to top Ending E.

30 endings not enough I need 50

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

I know I'm late to Biblemania chat, but:

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://gifsound.com/?gif=https://i.imgur.com/6KPy6ml.gif&v=ddeKAaB7Nrs&s=194

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b5gRAWt0VQw

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
lmfao at this dipship idiot who hyped stuff forever and just ended up with Luther Reigns and spelling errors. It's 2018 and I'm having flashbacks to Scotsman vs the Net Reporters with idiots publishing anything with no fact checking or verification.

God, this whole industry is so scummy and so stupid (as the Moolah stuff shows) but continues to get away with so much because it's pro wrestling, no real journalists care, and the people who try to dig into stuff are by and large loving idiots.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Tato posted:

lmfao at this dipship idiot who hyped stuff forever and just ended up with Luther Reigns and spelling errors. It's 2018 and I'm having flashbacks to Scotsman vs the Net Reporters with idiots publishing anything with no fact checking or verification.
Hahaha I took part in Scotsman's project. When I was a sophomore in college I emailed the guy who ran 311 Wrestling and told him that Limp Bizkit would be doing Chris Jericho's entrance music before his WWF debut. He published it the next day.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Who wore it better?

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

piss tape israel posted:

Bret Hart strikes me as a closet homosexual

HBK should've said Bret had had some Cloudy days

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Huh, of all the moves for Sasha to not kill someone with.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

rovert posted:

At the Madison Square Garden show tonight they rebooked the billed card.

Cena/Nikki vs Bayley/Elias got turned into Cena/Nikki vs Sonya Deville/Elias

Bayley got added to Sasha vs Alexa match.

this was, imo, a good call. though the funny part was that Bayley's tube men failed to inflate, so she just kinda ran over and pulled them up in the air where they flopped down sadly with no air, which, if you want a visual metaphor for Bayley's career, loving maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan

other than that it was a completely standard Raw house show, except with a fun opening match of Nakamura/Styles vs Owens/Sami that got turned into Nakamura vs Owens after the heels destroyed Styles before the match, and then ended in a DQ win for Nakamura when Sami interfered (before Styles came out and made a save after getting helped off by refs in the opening). It also had a Braun vs Kane vs Lesnar match that was quite fun and went for at least 4 minutes, though Lesnar had ample room to rest between suplexes. My favorite match was probably The Bar vs New Day vs Apollo & Titus vs Gallows & Anderson which was a wild tag clusterfuck that actually got decent cheers for Apollo & Titus. There was also a fantastic Elias segment where he sang with Sonya railing against NYC and John Cena, and their match against Cena and Nikki had some really good work from Sonya, imo. Mandy also looked surprisingly good at grappling against Asuka in an earlier match I had expected to be a total squash.

The main was Miztourage vs Finn, Seth, and Roman, which, man, Main Event Bo Dallas is a hell of a thing to behold. Like, I will say this about house shows: they give performers who barely ever get in front of the camera on Raw or Smackdown a lot more time to shine. It was actually pretty drat fun though, for what it was, and at least when my friend had to leave early, she didn't miss much except a spear and a pin :v:

all in all pretty loving overpriced for what it was (it is MSG, after all) but I took a few friends to it as their first live WWE show and we had a good time. it was a fun show, though not nearly as good as the Smackdown house show I saw last year on the Road to Wrestlemania. In general I would say that WWE house shows probably more skippable than ever with the roster split and current feuds, though.

also they don't hang the wrestlemania sign at house shows which is loving bullshit how the gently caress am i supposed to get invested if no one is pointing at anything

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:48 on Mar 17, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

I was all ready to mock them for doing a reaction video, the lowest common denominator of Youtube content, but they're all so into Black Panther and hell, same. :allears:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I'm catching up on 205 Live and I am more invested in Mustafa Ali winning the cruiserweight title at Mania than anything the entire weekend. Yes more than anything on Takeover.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

I enjoy 205 live like most people enjoy NXT. Sure it's kinda pointless but it's a fun wrestling show I have fun watching so gently caress it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

I enjoy 205 live like most people enjoy NXT. Sure it's kinda pointless but it's a fun wrestling show I have fun watching so gently caress it

That's how I feel about literally everything WWE including the main roster. I know most people think I'm a rube but ah well. :)

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I really, really need WWE to not gently caress this up and just put the Cruiserweight match on the main show.

And then have Ali win it.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
I'd be shocked if the Cruiserweight match isn't on the pre-show, 205 live has completely disappeared off of TV.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

I really, really need WWE to not gently caress this up and just put the Cruiserweight match on the main show.

And then have Ali win it.

If you asked me last week I'd have said it's almost certainly preshow

Now that Vince's plan for the women battle royal got ruined, I'm expecting it to swap spots with that out of spite. Preshow Bayley

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Incessant Excess posted:

I'd be shocked if the Cruiserweight match isn't on the pre-show, 205 live has completely disappeared off of TV.

OTOH I actually genuinely think it'll get on the main card given the build.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

FWIW Dave speculated similar regarding Bayley's spot:

quote:

They could still throw in a Bayley vs. Sasha Banks match but I'm guessing they are both in the battle royal.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Count me in as one of those pleasantly surprised but how good 205 Live has been. I'm rooting for Cedric to win the title, but I would certainly not be upset if Ali won it, he's pretty great.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Incessant Excess posted:

It's tough to get any definitive measurements for this but I don't think Roman is as much of a star as Austin was during the attitude era.

Remember too that he's been a main eventer about as long as Austin's whole run, and hasn't managed to get as over as the bionic redneck did in about six-eight months.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Jerusalem posted:

Count me in as one of those pleasantly surprised but how good 205 Live has been. I'm rooting for Cedric to win the title, but I would certainly not be upset if Ali won it, he's pretty great.

I'd have said the same a couple months ago but I am all in on Mustafa at this point. He's so much more charismatic than anyone else in the division on top of everything else.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The solution is clear, Vince needs to activate his Bret Hart clone and bring him in to get Roman over.

Goddamn I would love to see in-his-prime Bret in WWE now.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Stale Saltines posted:

I wonder how they could even spin him coming back to wrestle. They'd either have to admit they lied to him about the medical tests or pretend that his brain magically got better.

He's so pissed about Shane getting whacked that he's willing to martyr himself to take Sami and KO down a peg.

Then just play up him signing a new contract that doesn't hold the WWE liable for his health in kayfabe, and that he's wrestling with every chance of dying in the ring. Use him like early NXT Regal, let him be the boss of Smackdown when needed.

Jerusalem posted:

The solution is clear, Vince needs to activate his Bret Hart clone and bring him in to get Roman over.

God, and how. A cocky face who can back it up and is a goddamn technical wizard who can carry a stump would be a huge benefit.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Jerusalem posted:

That could be said for a lot of past WWE stars if such a magical cloning device existed, like imagine a 3 man tag team composed of all three of Mick Foley's personas, or Andre at his physical prime

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

drrockso20 posted:

That could be said for a lot of past WWE stars if such a magical cloning device existed, like imagine a 3 man tag team composed of all three of Mick Foley's personas, or Andre at his physical prime

Imagine sitting Bray Wyatt down with mid-80's Jake Roberts for a month or so and teaching him to cut a promo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
WWE need to push those people who can just brawl in the 205/US Title division in the same way La Parka, Psicosis, Raven, Saturn, Benoit, etc could in WCW. They absolutely have the people who can do it right now like Lorcan, Ciampa, Hideo, and Bates and just having people go a hundred miles per hour against babyfaces would be a pretty welcome addition to a three hour RAW. Just let them do their thing for 10-15 minutes per show without bogging them down with stories. That was my favorite part of wrestling growing up were WCW guys going hard and cruiserweights just doing their thing every Monday with little context needed.

NXT feels that niche of the TV/US title guys just putting on great match after great match but it needs to be on TV every now and then too.

Gargano can be your Rey Mysterio, Cedric can be your Juvi, Ali is your Kidman, Gulak can be your Dean Malenko. Sign Pentagon Jr to be your La Parka, Ciampa is your Raven, and Hideo is your Benoit.

Is WWE still so afraid that someone can get over on their main programs in spite of what Vince wants? There's so much good talent in WWE now that I just kind of want most of the roster to stay in NXT forever.

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Liquid Communism posted:

Imagine sitting Bray Wyatt down with mid-80's Jake Roberts for a month or so and teaching him to cut a promo.

Jake Roberts wouldn't be able to cut a good promo in this environment.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
I don't think there's anyone who can pull off 20 minute promos consistently. You shouldn't have to set up a show with a monologue the length of which you could watch an entire episode of a sitcom in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
lets see... Mustafa heel turn or Cedric heel turn...

• Locked thread