Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
IIRC Mediterranean ‘dines are (slightly) more ethically farmed & there is an emphasis for quality over just mass producing for cheaper.

Speaking of which, I’m in the middle of moving so ‘dines are on heavy rotation as I don’t really have the ability to cook right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

this thread is making me hungry

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

WinCo had a great price for my favorite dines of the highest quality. Smaller dines are better dines.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

For munching, sure,but the big ol' fatty dines are better for cooking tho

I would never use those delicate babies in a fisherman's eggs

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

3 DONG HORSE posted:

For munching, sure,but the big ol' fatty dines are better for cooking tho

I would never use those delicate babies in a fisherman's eggs

You are correct, fisherman's eggs and sardine salad are for the bargain dines. Tiny Tots would be squandered in those preparations and should only be eaten whole. I like them on sourdough toast with a tiny bit of chopped onion, but that's just me.

naem
May 29, 2011

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

stay hungry, 'dine snake

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

~ssssssssardinessssssss~

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

IMO the KO's you need to avoid are the ones that don't say "Finest Brisling," but instead say "Finest Imported." These would be the skinless and boneless ones. I tried some once and they were no better than the usual Bumble-Bee product, and I even suspect they may just be rebadged Bumble Bees, since they own KO.

Yet another reason to seek out and devour the dang bones.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i gotta concur that i prefer the Mediterraneaner

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Smythe posted:

listen these dines look good as gently caress, but at nearly $2 per can? is it worth it? dine goons?

that's actually a little cheaper than how much they cost at my local grocery, $2.50 each (they rose the price). and yeah they fuckin worth it

go get u some

Mr.Tophat
Apr 7, 2007

You clearly don't understand joke development :justpost:
I'm going to buy a metric gently caress ton of sardines and prepare for snow

These two things are not related, but happy happenstance

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

3 DONG HORSE posted:

I think the best part of this is Smythe has an entire world of mid to upper tier dines he or she hasn't explored yet. There's so much to taste and so little time...

it's a very exciting time.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I posted this in the old thread but I was talking about sardines with an old man at my neighborhood bar. I showed him the tin of Belas that I'd just bought and he said "Oh the hell with that man, KING OSCARS!"

The next time I came in he gave me a tin of dollar store sardines. They were really good

I tried to reciprocate and brought him a tin of Seasons the next time and he refused my offer. "Nah, I don't want that stuff"

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

show respect to the wiseman and give him some KO mediterranean style mackerel

order from Amazon if need be

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Should I order KO cod liver on Amazon, and if yes, how do I eat it?

The KO rep I talked to said they aren't sold by KO directly in the US market.

Cyberpunkey Monkey
Jun 23, 2003

by Nyc_Tattoo

:five: :five: :five: :five: :five:

edit: :coolfish:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Took some biscuits and cans of KO Tiny Tots & Mediterranean for fishing trip lunch. Extremely good decision. :discourse:

Irom
May 16, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

numberoneposter posted:

dont get me wrong either, i like to devour a can of dines with nothing more than the tin they came in, a lot of hot sauce, and a fork.

drat :same:

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)
It's been a good season in australia for sardines recently. Two weeks ago KO were on sale for $2 (usually $3.60), so I bought a lot of double layer brisling in extra virgin olive oil (the rest of the range can stay on the shelf).
Last week John west sardines were on sale for $1.30 (1/2 price), so I picked up a few cans of sardines in lemon, chilli and garlic.

If nothing is on sale I normally buy safcol double layer dines for $1.30, but no flavours are good and the plain is in bland oil, but still decent double layer sardines, you just have to flavour it yourself.

E: sometimes if I have pita bread and salad type stuff ingredients I have been chucking them together them with mackerel as I eventually have to eat some of the on sale fishies I've been stockpiling.

Fo3 fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Mar 18, 2018

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

I had pita chips with mediterranean KOs and pickle slices when I got home on St. Patrick’s Day. A+, would eat again while drunk.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

Twelve pack of KO mackerel in olive oil is ~$20 on amazon with a coupon right now. Wound up being cheaper per ounce than the Wild Planet from my grocery store so I'm trying them out.

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
goddamnit, where can I find me some tiny tots or millionaires

all my local stores just carry Brunswick chum

edit: \/\/\/ this man knows what's what \/\/\/

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Had to get away from my 5 maniac kids and other people hanging around my house so I grabbed my pocket knife, a tin of KO dines, a few stone wheat crackers and a bottle of Frank's hot sauce and went to the park and ate my fishies under a nice big tree by a small creek and fell asleep for about 45 minutes.

'twas glorious

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
This thread title caused my to try to connect with my heritage and eat the dine, do I need anything before I open this pack of KO's? Hot sauce evidently? pepper? I don't have crackers.

ferroque
Oct 27, 2007

Jikes posted:

goddamnit, where can I find me some tiny tots or millionaires

all my local stores just carry Brunswick chum

edit: \/\/\/ this man knows what's what \/\/\/

brunswick is great you take that back

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Car Hater posted:

This thread title caused my to try to connect with my heritage and eat the dine, do I need anything before I open this pack of KO's? Hot sauce evidently? pepper? I don't have crackers.

The crackers are essential for a dine novice imo

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Once u become an acclimated dine pro u can fork them from the tin but it's not wise as a noob

Jikes
Dec 18, 2005

candy of the ocean
:supaburn: AMAZON HAS TINY TOTS ON SALE :supaburn:

if you have Prime, there's a $4 coupon for them right now on a case of 12, it works out to less than $2.50 can shipped

edit: i gots the tots :parrot:

Jikes fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Mar 19, 2018

Doctor Dogballs
Apr 1, 2007

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

Car Hater posted:

triscuits if you like

I just open a can of KO Mediterranean 'dines dump them on a frying pan and get them real hot, move them to a plate, then cook a bunch of eggs on the pan without cleaning it off first

and let my dog lick a little of the oil that remains from the tin before disposing of it.

but not straigh from the tin. I dont want my dog to cut his mouth. hes too precious

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

I tried giving my dog sardine oil but even a little makes her poop too much. She does get the water from the kipper tin, though.

theres a will theres moe
Jan 10, 2007

Hair Elf
There's no such thing as pooping too much

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i got some tiny tots recently to add to my ample fish collection

Car Hater
May 7, 2007

wolf. bike.
Wolf. Bike.
Wolf! Bike!
WolfBike!
WolfBike!
ARROOOOOO!
second trip for triscuits was worth it, Frank's to top the dine with. gonna save the rest for fisherman's eggs tomorrow morning, looks easy and good. which ones are smaller though, these ones are finger sized

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Jikes posted:

:supaburn: AMAZON HAS TINY TOTS ON SALE :supaburn:

if you have Prime, there's a $4 coupon for them right now on a case of 12, it works out to less than $2.50 can shipped

edit: i gots the tots :parrot:

there's a $4 off for the mediterranean ones too apparently! too bad i can't justify $23 of fish at once ugh

snoo fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 19, 2018

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Doctor Dogballs posted:

triscuits if you like

I just open a can of KO Mediterranean 'dines dump them on a frying pan and get them real hot, move them to a plate, then cook a bunch of eggs on the pan without cleaning it off first

and let my dog lick a little of the oil that remains from the tin before disposing of it.

but not straigh from the tin. I dont want my dog to cut his mouth. hes too precious

:captainpop:

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

i just rub sardine oil into my taint and i can feel the rush

Planet X
Dec 10, 2003

GOOD MORNING
Saturday sardine wrapup. BTW I liked the story earlier about the dine dad that took a post dine parknap after escaping his noisy children.

So yall have been talking about the KO mediterraneans. I usually go for plain olive oil ones but I was in the store with girlie and grabbed some med ones. I got the eyebrow because we're moving soon and have been trying to eat through things in the cupboard, not add to my already rich and full canned fish stash.

Busy day, prepping for the move, hungry by noon, so we came home and threw them into some leftover clam pasta with peas from the other night. Amazing, will always keep these med dines onhand due to convenience of just throwing them in!

Had to go back to the grocery store for evening dinner things and bought another can so I dont have to go without. She saw it in the bag and said YOU BOUGHT MORE?! and I was like :black101:

Lastly, we needed something to put the bacon grease in after Saturday night's dinner, so she grabbed the dine can that I had given the cat for lickins :3: and I put the bacon grease in the dine can. I was cooking outside and left the can on the ground. The dog was quiet for a while, so she went out there and the dog had gotten into the bacon grease dine can! Miniature wirehaired bachund running around the living room all greasy. :smugdog:

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

PokeJoe posted:

i got some tiny tots recently to add to my ample fish collection

A wise move.

Joe Mama Poonana posted:

i just rub sardine oil into my taint and i can feel the rush

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002