Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah but that still doesn't explain BTE being a wrestling TV show

Why wouldn't it be?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/ZackRyder/status/974730688602759170

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Bix is absolutely insufferable on Twitter, so Dave’s right on that, at least.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bix would be okay if he could do anything without telling every how morally superior he is for doing what he does.

Everything has such a thick layer of arrogance to it that it’s impossible not to find it insufferable.

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah but that still doesn't explain BTE being a wrestling TV show

Talking Smack counted when it was weekly.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Somehow Ciampa tweeting makes me less interested in his feud. Dunno what it is but a guy tweeting pictures of action figures and turning down podcasts reduces his "badass heel" factor considerably. That's Yoshi Tatsu poo poo.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

its at least in character so its better than 95% of wwe tweets but yeah it largely comes across as minor league

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

VJeff posted:

Rovert, will you be the special guest ref for David vs. Bix on Mania weekend?
This is the Batista vs Kevin Owens match I never knew I wanted

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Tato posted:

Somehow Ciampa tweeting makes me less interested in his feud. Dunno what it is but a guy tweeting pictures of action figures and turning down podcasts reduces his "badass heel" factor considerably. That's Yoshi Tatsu poo poo.

What’s this turning down podcasts thing

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Aesop Poprock posted:

What’s this turning down podcasts thing

Heelin'. "You didn't want to interview me before, well, I ain't coming on you show now." He's also got a shirt that he said he won't allow them to merchandise, cause he doesn't need the fans validation.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tato posted:

He’s not a badass heel he’s a coward with hurt feelings.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://mobile.twitter.com/zacksabrejr/status/972942239021219840

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

He’s not a badass heel he’s a coward with hurt feelings.

People don't usually chant "gently caress you" at the cool heels. :v:

It's legitimately great storytelling. The story was "Ciampa destroyed DIY on his own terms so Johnny couldn't leave him, Johnny can't move on." then Johnny did move on and Ciampa's hosed off that Johnny's doing better on his own than he ever did with him. He's a wormy little piece of poo poo and it's just dynamite. :discourse:

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Good to see Mike Tenay's found himself work

magnum_valentino
Apr 18, 2013
What does "Orientaling with Napalm Death" mean? Is it a garbled regurge of that Stewart Lee bit about going to school with them?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yes

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

magnum_valentino posted:

What does "Orientaling with Napalm Death" mean? Is it a garbled regurge of that Stewart Lee bit about going to school with them?

Yes, the correct name of the move is Orienteering With Napalm Death.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I was told they prefer Asianing with Napalm Death

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Monty Brown confirmed alive and in shape

https://twitter.com/LanceHoyt/status/975284227661901824

Wendell
May 11, 2003

I really liked Monty Brown, and was excited for his WWE run. It’s probably a lot better for him to have gotten out though.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Wendell posted:

I really liked Monty Brown, and was excited for his WWE run. It’s probably a lot better for him to have gotten out though.

He got out for a pretty noble reason too, his sister died and he agreed to raise her kids for her.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/LanceStorm/status/975162267120451586

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, back when THQ had the license didn't the wrestlers get exceptionally good royalties from all the games, as Lance's above tweet testifies to? Like I recall it being a thing where even when merch/pay wasn't as good as they were hoping, the wrestlers were still making good money just from being in the video games.

Of course, THQ went bankrupt, but that was probably down to their only tangentially related MASSIVE incompetence.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I think Here Comes The Pain was better than Shut Your Mouth.

Sadly it was the last good WWE game.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Here Comes the Pain was my favorite of the Smackdown games, I played the hell out of it.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

fart blood posted:

Day of Reckoning 2 still came out after so... but yeah after they unified everything into the 'SVR' games it all went to hell.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
Here comes the pain is so good I keep an old copy of it and an old ps2 just to fire it up sometimes

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, back when THQ had the license didn't the wrestlers get exceptionally good royalties from all the games, as Lance's above tweet testifies to? Like I recall it being a thing where even when merch/pay wasn't as good as they were hoping, the wrestlers were still making good money just from being in the video games.

Of course, THQ went bankrupt, but that was probably down to their only tangentially related MASSIVE incompetence.

I’d imagine that’s largely due to them selling way more copies because wrestling was hot.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Yes. Meltzer mentioned when THQ went under that contracts 2k offered were drastically cheaper. A few guys like Foley refused to sign likeness rights in protest the next year. But they all came back because it's not like anyone else can make the games. You're still passing up money.

Between THQ going under and PPVs dying and being replaced with the Network, wrestlers got ultra hosed on royalties.

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
2k first week sales in the past 4 years:

WWE 2K15 - 577,195
WWE 2K16 - 531,926
WWE 2K17 - 447,001
WWE 2K18 - 396,640

The series is on a death march because there's one maybe guy working on lighting, one guy body scanning Sawyer Fulton and goddammit he's still gonna be on the roster, and one guy patching out glitches 3 months after nL finds them, and that appears to be the whole team still working on WWE games.

If the talent had any leverage, they should rightfully be furious that the licensing department clearly doesn't care anymore. Hopefully they get a cut of the mobile games, has any of that info ever come out?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tato posted:

Between THQ going under and PPVs dying and being replaced with the Network, wrestlers got ultra hosed on royalties.

One of Punk's complaints was that he went to Vince and said,"How are royalties going to work with the Network?" and Vince said,"We haven't figured that out yet, but believe me, we're working on it!"

I believe it still hasn't been worked out officially? Though of course the actual reason always was and remains,"We're just not going to pay people anymore."

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

fart blood posted:

Eh Smackdown vs Raw 2006 was pretty decent/good

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Tato posted:

And they still have it good compared to the majority of UFC fighters.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Between Vince’s loving wrestlers on royalties, being mad about Lita wearing Times up merch at the rumble, and being mad sponsors didn’t want Moolahs name on the thing at WM I’m starting to think he might not be a stand up guy!

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

achillesforever6 posted:

They chucked a lot of stuff in 06 IIRC. Stuff like being able to powerbomb dudes to the outside in Royal Rumble matches.

I personally think that WWE should focus more on open world brawlers than straight up wrestling games anymore. I'd much rather take Cena or Undertaker against a horde of ninjas over another loving Road to Wrestlemania.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

It was ok. Much better than the original Smackdown vs. Raw that came before it. Holy jesus that game was awful.

DM Punk
Aug 24, 2004
Allysin Kay is the god drat roast master.

https://twitter.com/SoAndSoNZ/status/975553099443027968

https://twitter.com/Sienna/status/975580698131091456

DM Punk fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 19, 2018

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

In fairness to that guy, he was absolutely right

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

"I think you're an absolutely wonderful but that photo does not do you justice" is one of those holes you don't want to fall down. Trust me, dragons and poo poo. You'll live a happier life if you just say nothing and move on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genericide
Jan 20, 2004

sportsgenius86 posted:

In fairness to that guy, he was absolutely right

Good thing he took the time to let her know!