Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

wtf get it together Taylor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Basticle posted:

wtf get it together Taylor

Which? Cause WTR is sucking balls. But Ricky also did no favors.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I was referring to Jordan bumping into that Audi

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

What the gently caress is that thing

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Basticle posted:

What the gently caress is that thing

One of those canopies that you see at tailgates.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

oops

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is
Suddently the race explodes again

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

I'm able to tune on at the six hour mark and right away there's a car on fire!

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

That was an eventful half of a lap.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

iospace posted:

One of those canopies that you see at tailgates.

There was a random 60+mph gust of wind through the infield. It blew poo poo everywhere.

I walked back to my car/campsite and there was a tent on my car. When I went to move it, the next campsite stopped me because they had bets on where it would fly next.

It's currently stuffed into a fence at 9, so if we get another gust expect that to be a caution.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
55 Mazda P2

come in joest don't gently caress this up

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

iwentdoodie posted:

There was a random 60+mph gust of wind through the infield. It blew poo poo everywhere.

I walked back to my car/campsite and there was a tent on my car. When I went to move it, the next campsite stopped me because they had bets on where it would fly next.

It's currently stuffed into a fence at 9, so if we get another gust expect that to be a caution.

lol i love sebring

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

55 Mazda P2

come in joest don't gently caress this up

When in doubt, always count on the magic of the Mazda prototype program to deliver defeat instead of victory. Not even Joest can fix a car that is that bad of a lemon.

If they can get the car to the end of the race without it succumbing to mechanical failure, they will have achieved something.

JPM got spun around and now it puked its turbo out the exhaust :bisonyes:

orange juche fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Mar 17, 2018

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Penske just cant catch a break huh

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mazda in the lead again :q:

At least they're not reprising their roles at the back of the pack!

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Lol Porsche.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Jonathan Bomarito almost binned the #55 and sent Mazda's slim hope of eking out a podium out the window. He went 3 wheels off the track in turn 1 and somehow managed to regain the racing surface without smashing into something :stonk:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Lmao Mazda a full minute clear of 2nd place, with only a quarter of the race left, this is 2018 people

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Cygni posted:

lol i love sebring

It's seriously like no other event I've ever been to.

That said, I just woke up so loving confused in my chair on the hump. Guess after I got food my body just said "nope" and made me sleep for an hour. Was bright as gently caress last thing I remember, now it's dark. Where the gently caress are the acuras?

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Schlesische posted:

likewise I still believe one of Audi or Porsche would've survived if the Emissions Cheating Scandal hadn't occured.

It probably would've been Audi. Again, Porsche seems committed to GTs but only wants to win overall to top up their record and credentials every decade or so. And another rumor from 2015/16 was that VAG could approve both of them in racing, and approved both in WEC because they were using different engine types - diesel and gasoline. If they ran the same thing (which Audi would've done because the diesels were at a disadvantage for hybrid usage) then one had to go, and from everything I hear, it would not have been Audi.

quote:

As to the Toyota thing: they're precooking their excuses so they come out well done when Alonso's car stalls about 4 hours in and the other car gets totaled by a Ferrari GTE-Am car. It's doubtful they want to stay in Le Mans long term.

Toyota's budget comes from engineering and not marketing, so as long as it meets their engineering requirements they'll be around. If they wanted to leave, they would have after 2017.

[edit] also the Mazda is still running! And was leading! And this is with a quarter of the race remaining!

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

The #55 is seriously the Little Red Car that Could right now

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

transition time at sebring is the best

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

orange juche posted:

The #55 is seriously the Little Red Car that Could right now

stop jinxing it :mad:

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Can't see the car number, but whatever the Flex Box sponsored prototype is has the worst brake cooling ever. His poo poo is still blowing when he hits 11 from the braking in 10.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Less drag, m8

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

They do need to work on the balance of performance for the prototypes between DPi and the WEC-spec prototypes, because the DPis are a full second clear of the spec Prototypes per lap, which is not good if they want privateers to run, and the manufacturers won't sell DPi packages to privateers.

WOW BIG WRECK with the Spirit of Daytona car holy hell lol, this is going to be a very interesting finish.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Weird wreck for Vautier

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Cygni posted:

Weird wreck for Vautier

He lost a headlight and he was loving with his lights trying to get it back on while he was turning. Distracted driving at 120mph can really gently caress you up.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Is there a video of that wreck? I had to leave.

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

mazda nooooooo

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DYe4Uy5W0AMAFxG.jpg:large

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
If no one can see the car stalled out in the grass is it really there

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Mazda noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#55 stalled in the pits, #77 could not be cranked period.

E: 55 still dead, gently caress. Both are dead with transmission/clutch issues.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

god damnit mazda

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
INACTIV :(

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

orange juche posted:

Mazda noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

#55 stalled in the pits, #77 could not be cranked period.

E: 55 still dead, gently caress. Both are dead with transmission/clutch issues.

Basticle posted:

stop jinxing it :mad:

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I was just reminded of my crowning Sebring achievement of completely blowing the hairpin and somehow coming within centimeters of everyone and not having any contact

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MO5bo9N5Q9I

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Amazed there was no Forza 'sticky grass' on the inside.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

loving Mazda.

Though I'm cool with Nissan winning and WTR taking 2nd with a geyser for a cooling system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I mean, the cars and the driving were way better than they were at Daytona, they have really good pace now at least but they really need to work on reliability. They're getting back in to it but it's gonna take at least another race or 2 to turn into a really well oiled machine. Their run this time was exemplary, but the car wasn't quite there this time.