Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
https://twitter.com/SplatoonJP/status/974571192630755328

H-3 Nozzlenose D is our weapon of the week! Sub-weapon is Suction Bombs and the special is Ink Armor. Special cost is most likely 190p if the newest leak is any indication.

Those of you familiar with the old leak might notice that a kit change happened. Sub-weapon got changed from Sprinkler to Suction Bombs. But a new leak on version 2.3.2 occurred, and there were several other kit changes that were discovered as a result.

This kit honestly looks pretty scary. The weapon has a very high skill floor, but it's an absolute monster in the right hands (as the Cherry H-3 can attest to that.) If you really want to get good with this weapon, you'll have to invest a lot of time and practice into it.

Araxxor fucked around with this message at 10:17 on Mar 16, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

One: What the gently caress is that kit Nintendo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Two: The new sport of roller jumping.

https://twitter.com/ZeGermanButler/status/974407252764368899?s=20

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Bloop posted:

Look Fresh.

Getting Gud will come with time.

Trust the motion controls.

Always be Booyahing!

:woomy:

ABC - Always Booyah Constantly

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Bleck posted:

started playing this again and I'm not ranked in Clam Blitz which means every game I'm with colorblind six year olds

Average clam blitz experience:
*football drops*
Teammate: I GOT IT COACH I GOT THIS
Me: oh okay well let me throw a curling bomb to make you a path and cover you with a stingray
Teammate: NAH BRO IMMA TAKE THE LONG WAY AROUND THE MAP *runs directly into enemy fire, dies*

Clam Blitz is the best mode with competent teammates but is the most frustrating poo poo ever when you're teamed up with a bunch of loving idiots that somehow still don't know how to play at A-rank

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

raditts posted:

Average clam blitz experience:
*football drops*
Teammate: I GOT IT COACH I GOT THIS
Me: oh okay well let me throw a curling bomb to make you a path and cover you with a stingray
Teammate: NAH BRO IMMA TAKE THE LONG WAY AROUND THE MAP *runs directly into enemy fire, dies*

Clam Blitz is the best mode with competent teammates but is the most frustrating poo poo ever when you're teamed up with a bunch of loving idiots that somehow still don't know how to play at A-rank

I'm fairly certain most Clam Blitz players don't know you can throw clams at any time to other players, rather than just at the net.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm fairly certain most Clam Blitz players don't know you can throw clams at any time to other players, rather than just at the net.

Considering the number of times I've seen someone with 9 clams and thrown clams at their feet spamming THIS WAY, only for them to go in the opposite direction and do a few laps around the map, you're probably right.

pichupal
Mar 23, 2013

Poochy ain't Stupid.
I might be.
https://twitter.com/pichupal/status/974638540020621313?s=19

Probably old news, but I didn't realize you could make that first jump. Also featuring my horrible Nozzlenoze skills.

In Training posted:

How is rainmaker in that range, RM and CB scare me in S+X because of how much coordination is required to do well

Whoops, missed this.

Not bad? I still run onto the occasional team that takes a while to pick up the Rainmaker, or picks it up and never moves forward - but most players are competent, and a good amount know general strategies for stages so you can get some coordination. The first time in Clam Blitz I snuck to the enemy side and someone actually super jumped to me with the Football felt amazing. Try using This Way every so often and people will listen maybe 50% of the time?

I strongly suggest using the map more to help, either figuring out what your teammates are planning or looking at the ink to figure out where the enemy is going with the Rainmaker. Especially in Clam Blitz.

I normally play Krak-on Splat Roller just so I can do a bit of everything - Horizontal for upclose, Vertical Flicks have surprising range - even longer if they already have damage, Beakons to get around quickly. I also think anyone who uses beakons gets annoyed when people don't use them, so check the map and use them if they're useful.

Especially in Moray, it takes forever to fall down. I specifically go with Sub Power to make those Beakons more useful.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arowana is a drat fun rainmaker map

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
Splamech amiibo when?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

i actually yelled From downtown! Boomshakalaka! when i pulled this off

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/974759597574516736

and also when i did this

https://twitter.com/In__Training/status/974759358989877248

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
My brother wanted to get this game so we could play together. That said, I've heard that playing online together is a dumpster fire. How true is this?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Hiro Protagonist posted:

My brother wanted to get this game so we could play together. That said, I've heard that playing online together is a dumpster fire. How true is this?

... Not true at all? I play online with my kids all the time. It's kinda annoying that if you're in the same turf war lobby that you're not guaranteed to be on the same team, but it doesn't ruin the game or anything. If you want to play ranked modes together you can play League and you'll always be on the same team.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Hiro Protagonist posted:

True until you unlock League mode then you can play together as often as you want.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

Hiro Protagonist posted:

You have multiple Switches, right? Because there's no local play, unlike in Splatoon 1.

Hiro Protagonist
Oct 25, 2010

Last of the freelance hackers and
Greatest swordfighter in the world
Oh okay, sweet. I could have seen this being the case, just being Nintendo and their habit of loving up online in dumb ways. I think it was specifically referring to Splat fests with only two people, so that may have been why people were complaining.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Yeah you cannot play splatfests with friends unless you get 4 people, which is kinda lame.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Yeah, I was annoyed that you can only do a full team for splatfest, seems silly when you can have a two man team in league.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
It works!

https://twitter.com/Clinton_Yeats/status/974823186607964164

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Dr. Fetus posted:

You have multiple Switches, right? Because there's no local play, unlike in Splatoon 1.

Splatoon 1 didn't even have local play, it had a half-fudged minigame for two players.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

I think I found a new weapon to main. I loved the L-3 Nozzlnoses, but this H-3 Nozzlenose D kit is utterly bonkers. Would have been happy if it got the Sprinkler, but getting a bomb really made this kit a lot better.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Gotta respect the commitment of that Trevor guy to draw Callie everyday for the past like 200 days

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:
Yeah especially with how awful it is to draw on that thing. A lot of people use their computers and transfer it using an arduino thingy to automatically draw it pixel by pixel. That's what I'd do.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Leaf Lock posted:

Yeah especially with how awful it is to draw on that thing. A lot of people use their computers and transfer it using an arduino thingy to automatically draw it pixel by pixel. That's what I'd do.

I’ve enjoyed doodling with a stylus but I already had styluses lying around.

https://twitter.com/BonzoESC/status/915774322681057280

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Doom vs Quake vs Splatfest eh? I'm game.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Quake...no contest imo.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doom had a fantastic game on the Switch last year, Quake hasn't had any games in a decade. That would be the most lop-sided Splatfest ever

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Marina vs. Pearl but Pearl chose Marina and Marina chose Pearl

Leaf Lock
Oct 21, 2010

:duckie:Caprisun Major:duckie:

Cocoa Crispies posted:

I’ve enjoyed doodling with a stylus but I already had styluses lying around.

https://twitter.com/BonzoESC/status/915774322681057280

Sure you can do stuff like that, but try to draw anything that requires precision and you'll want to die pretty quickly.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011
This Salmon Run suuuuuuuuucks

ZeButler
Oct 2, 2013

The best kill ever.

https://twitter.com/ZeGermanButler/status/974872890586759168?s=20

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I recently got both splatoon 2 and COD WWII.

RIP COD :rip:

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Guy Goodbody posted:

Doom had a fantastic game on the Switch last year, Quake hasn't had any games in a decade. That would be the most lop-sided Splatfest ever

Quake Champions is...a thing that exists

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

a good splatfest would be Citizen Kane vs Video Games

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

In Training posted:

a good splatfest would be Citizen Kane vs Video Games

Citizen Kane of vs. Dark Souls of

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Takoluka posted:

Citizen Kane of vs. Dark Souls of

Pearl decides Citizen Kane is the Dark Souls of movies, Marina thinks Dark Souls is the Citizen Kane of videogames.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Xad posted:

Quake Champions is...a thing that exists

i didnt realise it had come out already. that is pretty telling

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Speaking of Quake, there's a new mod I need to check out: Arcane Dimensions. From what I've read, they've pushed the Quake single player experience to new heights.

God I loved mods back in the day. Alas, that's not something you see much nowadays.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

for the love of christ throw in your GOD drat FOOTBALLS

https://twitter.com/raditts/status/975281093770321921

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Gotta respect the commitment of that Trevor guy to draw Callie everyday for the past like 200 days

Do I gotta though? Do I really?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Where do I go to find other modes besides turf war? I hit level 4, so I can customize my clothes and guns, do I have to wait yet to open the other modes?