Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
ITS UP!1!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I'm going to cancel my subscription over Thunder getting added.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
gently caress this. David arquette championship episode isn’t up.

At least it has more Bobby heenan.

I picked a random episode where Kanyon goes to ravens parents mansion. gently caress I miss raven.

The American Dream fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Mar 19, 2018

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

The American Dream posted:

gently caress I miss Kanyon.

Fixed that for you, chum.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I miss my wife

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

I picked a random episode where Kanyon goes to ravens parents mansion. gently caress I miss raven.

Ha, is that the source of "HEH, WHAT A MARK"?

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yeah. It was a weird couple of weeks where Kanyon dragged Raven to his mom's house to reveal that Raven is actually a silver spoon snob and the whole thing was an act. Also the Sandman was his preppy neighbor. Raven broke the 4th wall a lot. It was weird and as I recall completely meaningless a few weeks later.

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

STAC Goat posted:

It was weird and as I recall completely meaningless a few weeks later.

WCW.txt

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

MassRafTer posted:

I miss my wife

I miss your wife too

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Yep. It’s from feb 99. Has horsemen vs nwo in a cage. Benoit and malenko vs Horace hogan and Bryan Adams so don’t get too excited

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
everyone should watch episode 69

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Yep. It’s from feb 99. Has horsemen vs nwo in a cage. Benoit and malenko vs Horace hogan and Bryan Adams so don’t get too excited

Nice. I've seen the angle before, I just didn't know exactly what episode it was from.

I was actually watching that chunk of Nitro earlier because I was curious about Sandman's WCW run. His debut involves getting squashed by Bam Bam Bigelow in six minutes, and from cagematch, he doesn't get treated much better by the booking after that. :v:

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN
Feb 25, 2007

fuck a car
i'll do a mothafuckin' walk-by

exploded mummy posted:

This arena is so empty, it’s like watching an episode of 205 Live. Also how did Larry Zbyszko have a job for so long, he was always the loving worst.

e: This post was made before I saw Savage and Big Sexy’s angle for the night. Holy poo poo everyone should watch episode 69

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 23, 2018

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Whenever Kevin Nash isn’t on screen everyone should be asking “where’s Nash”?

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

DIEGETIC SPACEMAN posted:

This arena is so empty, it’s like watching an episode of 205 Live. Also how did Larry Zbyszko have a job for so long, he was always the loving worst.

e: This post was made before I saw Savage and Big Sexy’s angle for the night. Holy poo poo everyone should watch episode 69

I get sick of watching old WCW shows quickly because the commentators will not stop talking about the main event during every match on the 400-hour show

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
WCW Saturday Night 1992-1994+ !

https://twitter.com/WWENetworkChron/status/978602589318152192

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I can understand hating the current product but I can’t see how any wrestling fan wouldn’t subscribe to the network at this point.

They gently caress up a lot of poo poo but the Network is amazing.

*awaits MRT’s post about economics of network*

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

sportsgenius86 posted:

I can understand hating the current product but I can’t see how any wrestling fan wouldn’t subscribe to the network at this point.

At this point MRT is now to these threads what the Nutritional anthropologist was to Good Eats.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I ain't taking financial advice from a dude who thought $10 to post here was a good investment.

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

sportsgenius86 posted:

Lol if you aren't sharing an account with your other 3 degenerate wrestling friends

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Aphrodite posted:

I ain't taking financial advice from a dude who thought $10 to post here was a good investment.

I got in free. Even among those of us who want to give Donald Trump $10 per month there are a ton of wrestling networks providing first run programming they might prefer to WWE, thus giving them little time to bother with a back catalog.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

sportsgenius86 posted:

The archive is pretty great but there's only so many hours in a day. I sub to it and New Japan World but am thinking about throwing money at the new Dragon Gate service and that is meant to have a whole load of stuff going back to Toryumon days. If I do that I'll drop WWE because I watch very little on it at the moment.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

oh hells yeah

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
93-early 94 WCWSN is like one of my favorite eras of wrestling TV ever

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Feels Villeneuve posted:

93-early 94 WCWSN is like one of my favorite eras of wrestling TV ever

Early 94 is good but 1993 is so loving bad until Sid gets suspended. So loving bad. There's a reason Smoky Mountain Wrestling was outdrawing them in 93.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

MassRafTer posted:

Early 94 is good but 1993 is so loving bad until Sid gets suspended. So loving bad. There's a reason Smoky Mountain Wrestling was outdrawing them in 93.

clearly they couldn't draw a dime after Lex left

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is this the first chunk of Saturday Night being added? Always loved that show and its weirdness so this is pretty exciting.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Phenix Rising posted:

Is this the first chunk of Saturday Night being added? Always loved that show and its weirdness so this is pretty exciting.

I think so, in the WCW era at least.

If the Arm Wrestling tournament was on Saturday night whoever watches random episodes of this is in for a treat. That thing was nuts. I have a feeling that was on Worldwide though.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I only watch the PPVs and 205 live and the documentaries and I'm very happy with the value I get for :10bux:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I appreciate the back catalog for times when I want to throw something vaguely familiar on while cooking or whatever. I would use the Network so much more if it had a download function like Netflix though since I could watch it on my commute.

The American Dream
Mar 1, 2007
Don't Forget My Balls
Finally, the muthaships headin’ to tha pay windah!

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth
there's so much stuff in the network library it's definitely worth the 999

I'm excited to see the old Saturday night episodes after what everyone has said. I don't think I've ever seen one

Son of Man fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 29, 2018

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
You should probably elaborate on the getting it for free part

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

I am looking forward to the October 14th 1999 episode of Thunder, with special guest commentator Kevin Nash. It was his last day of having the book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfjzvxgtLrs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

flatluigi posted:

You should probably elaborate on the getting it for free part

I assume it's just scamming the system by signing up with new email addresses for the free trial each month

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Saturday Night is worth it just for the “building a robot” opening sequence.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Phenix Rising posted:

I assume it's just scamming the system by signing up with new email addresses for the free trial each month

That doesn't actually work as they require you to give them a Credit Card, and they keep track of those so you can't use the same card twice

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

TL posted:

Saturday Night is worth it just for the “building a robot” opening sequence.

I haven't seen it in a while but now I'm curious - are they actually building a robot in the intro or are they, in fact, building The Mothership?

Son of Man
Jan 29, 2003

by Azathoth

drrockso20 posted:

That doesn't actually work as they require you to give them a Credit Card, and they keep track of those so you can't use the same card twice

they keep track of the email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

exploded mummy posted:

It was everything i hoped it would be and more god i miss wcw