Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Roman Reigns is...
This poll is closed.
the NEW People's Champion 2 1.77%
the voice of the voiceless, the new CM Punk 11 9.73%
Vince McMahon's nemesis who Vince definitely doesn't favor in any way 19 16.81%
also wondering why there was a cameraman in the women's lockerroom 47 41.59%
THE BIG DOG! 34 30.09%
Total: 113 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Sotar posted:

How has their production gotten this bad? I dunno if that is worse than the constant zooming in and out during punch spots. Actually that is worse because the in and out zooming gives me motion sickness and makes me turn it off.
Because Kevin Dunn is bad at his job and only has it because his dad saved a bunch of tapes from a car fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I really need to swear off WWE. I won’t do it but my god lol forever.

Sucks that they are the most accessable wrestling in the U.S.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I still think Kevin Dunn is a horcrux for Vince. And if he isn't, then he's probably gone the moment Triple H and Stephanie take over. From what I remember, Stephanie and Triple H HATE Kevin Dunn. I wouldn't be shocked if Jeremy Borash takes over when Dunn leaves/is forced out.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Assuming he doesn't get NXT instead, Billy Gunn will take over when Kevin Dunn goes.

Sotar
Dec 1, 2009

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Assuming he doesn't get NXT instead, Billy Gunn will take over when Kevin Dunn goes.

All hope is dead.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
every video is a cm punk rear end video, im in

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

boar guy posted:

i'm just excited for something different, even if it's likely to be house of horrors- esquely terrible

what happened to boiler room matches, jeff hardy swanton bombing umaga off a semi truck in the parking lot, the rock throwing the smoking skull belt into the detroit river, cm punk gtsing chavo into the gulf of mexico...everything is so drat samey now

In the last year you've had House of Horrors plus Braun and Roman using all sorts of equipment on each other everywhere in the arena.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

PWInsider posted:

WWE champion AJ Styles only made one appearance over the weekend, working briefly at Madison Square Garden where he saved Shinsuke Nakamura from an attack by Kevin Owens and Sami Zayn. Styles was slated to work as Nakamura's tag team partner, but Owens and Zayn attacked the pair and injured Styles with several chairshots before the bell.

Styles did not work any Smackdown Live touring events the remainder of the weekend. Instead, Nakamura teamed with Randy Orton against Zayn and Owens.

PWInsider.com can confirm Styles is dealing with an injury, although we have not confirmed the nature of the issue. Styles is backstage at Raw in Dallas today to be looked over by WWE medical staff, we are told.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Dunn has always been the director though hasn’t he? Why is it so much worse today than a few years ago?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Instead of WWE not booking the match, AJ gets injured.

*finger curls on monkey's paw*

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

I hope that's him erring on the side of caution because he doesn't want to exacerbate something right before Mania but still, bad news.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Everything in the MMC second chance playlist is golden, especially this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNx14BsAHHM

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money

Aphrodite posted:

Dunn has always been the director though hasn’t he? Why is it so much worse today than a few years ago?

I assume Vince wanted an "update" to the visual style of the shows, which is a great idea in theory, but Kevin had done the same thing for over a decade and he's bad at his job.

Like it really isn't that difficult, you'll rarely (if ever) miss a play or see some catastrophic technical failure while watching a football game, and those are much more hectic and difficult to broadcast.

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Roman Reigns posted:

On If Lesnar Decides to Shoot on Him: “If he throws two at me I’m throwing three back."
hahahaha okay dude.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

hell yeah, bringin back the shoot F5s

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Sugar Blaster posted:

hahahaha okay dude.

Looks like this time Brock will be the one laughing in the corner.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Did you all expect him to say "I'll piss my pants, sir!"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

i believe in the big dog

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
iirc you can do superman punches in MMA and roman's superman punches are very good so I think he can win a shoot fight

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

would be great if lesnar threw one like he did to braun and actually knocked him out on the grandest stage of them all, if for no other reason than to see the mad scramble finish

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

Did you all expect him to say "I'll piss my pants, sir!"

He could easily have said something non committal like "I'm not afraid of Brock no matter what, I'm walking out champion etc.". Better question is what sorta outlet asks a ludicrous question like that in the first place.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Incessant Excess posted:

He could easily have said something non committal like "I'm not afraid of Brock no matter what, I'm walking out champion etc.". Better question is what sorta outlet asks a ludicrous question like that in the first place.

So you think it would be less ridiculous for him to say he will beat Brock in a shoot fight than he will fight back. OK!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Incessant Excess posted:

I hope that's him erring on the side of caution because he doesn't want to exacerbate something right before Mania but still, bad news.

AJ worked Wrestle Kingdom with a broken back. He ain't missing Mania.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

MassRafTer posted:

So you think it would be less ridiculous for him to say he will beat Brock in a shoot fight than he will fight back. OK!

I do think him saying that he will somehow find a way to win the match regardless of what Brock does is less ridiculous than him implying he can go toe to toe with Lesnar. :shrug:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean if they're going all in on this being a Shoot style fight than yeah, you do want Roman to say that. Not sure this is gonna end up with him getting cheered though since that's really what they want at the end

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
A good thing to say if you are in the main event on a wrestling show, which is presented as a wrestling contest, is "the other guy would shoot kill me if this wasn't fake"

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

MassRafTer posted:

The only correct response to that question is what_a_mark.avi

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
if Lesnar tries to shoot on me, i'll call for a time-out until management resolves the issue

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I wonder if its possible they make Bliss/Asuka for the title tonight to set up a title vs title match at Wrestlemania. Because man, Nia vs Alexa just seems dull.

CrcleSqreSanchz
Aug 21, 2002

I'm feeling something new...something...I'm happy??!!
Roman should have pissed his pants in fear at the question to make him more sympathetic.

I mean everyone pee's their pants daily right?

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

Roman should have pissed his pants in fear at the question to make him more sympathetic.

They should give that gimmick to Dolph.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
give dolph a budd dwyer gimmick

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shoot F5s are my favorite wrestling move

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman should have said that Brock is his senior in the workplace and as such if Brock shot on him, he'd accept his rear end chewing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Remember when Brock F5'd Shane and Shane no-sold it? lol

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Le Saboteur posted:

I wonder if its possible they make Bliss/Asuka for the title tonight to set up a title vs title match at Wrestlemania. Because man, Nia vs Alexa just seems dull.

Nia interferes to destroy Bliss and the streak ends on a DQ.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

CrcleSqreSanchz posted:

It would have made him the coolest.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails

Feels Villeneuve posted:

A good thing to say if you are in the main event on a wrestling show, which is presented as a wrestling contest, is "the other guy would shoot kill me if this wasn't fake"

He broke kayfabe with this answer though. He should have said:

"What do you mean, shoot? Like if Brock pulls a gun? Because that's the only way he could beat me. But the WWE and I #standupagainstgunviolence and brother, that means we're going to end it"

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Le Saboteur posted:

They won't. We are getting Nia vs Alexa at Wrestlemania. I think the best part is there are actual people who think Nia vs Alexa will be a BETTER WRESTLING MATCH than Asuka vs Charlotte. Thanks twitter!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

https://shop.wwe.com/finn-balor-ogbc-forever-authentic-t-shirt/X10068.html?dwvar_X10068_color=Black

This seems dangerously close to copyright infringement.

• Locked thread