Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Am I misreading her expression? Because it seems like "oh my God I have been waiting my whole life for a talking animal to tell me I've got superpowers, I'm so in, when do we start" to me and I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

CapnAndy posted:

Am I misreading her expression? Because it seems like "oh my God I have been waiting my whole life for a talking animal to tell me I've got superpowers, I'm so in, when do we start" to me and I love it.

No, you got it right. The characters have a variety of responses to being given magic powers to save the world by talking animals, but she is always 100% super excited about it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Lucifer & The Biscuit Hammer is pretty good, but it's still a shonen. I recommend it to most people who are interested in something that's not Naruto, but given the aversion this subforum has to eastern comics, I'm not really sure.

But it has good characters, a story that doesn't run forever and a pretty great climax, so if it peaked your interested, give it a try.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samuringa posted:

Lucifer & The Biscuit Hammer is pretty good, but it's still a shonen. I recommend it to most people who are interested in something that's not Naruto, but given the aversion this subforum has to eastern comics, I'm not really sure.

But it has good characters, a story that doesn't run forever and a pretty great climax, so if it peaked your interested, give it a try.

Calling Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer shonen is like calling Vision a superhero comic. It's true, but it's literally the opposite of everything people complain about with that genre

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Can we talk about how Cyclops has an ancestor called The Black Womb instead?

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

Lurdiak posted:

Can we talk about how Cyclops has an ancestor called The Black Womb instead?

As if that's the most bizarre thing about the Summers family tree.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
So Hope Summers is her own mother, or am I reading that wrong?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
I'm re reading all of Ewing's Avengers, and I love how they think Superior Spider-Man became such a huge dick because he started reading Ayn Rand instead of being mind controlled by a super villain who once tried to kill most of the world.

Jedi
Feb 27, 2002

David D. Davidson posted:

So Hope Summers is her own mother, or am I reading that wrong?

Hope's mother is also named Hope. Not the same person, just the same name.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Checks out.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jedi posted:

Hope's mother is also named Hope. Not the same person, just the same name.

It's sorta weird we don't have a naming convention for a daughter named after her mother like we have with boys named after their father. The Will and Jada Pinkett Smith makes more sense, where you give the girl a name similar to the father's and the boy a similar name to the mother's.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist
Did I just read an issue of Astro City where the ending is a 29 year old hero named Roustabout making out with a 17 year old on the sly?

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

A Strange Aeon posted:

Did I just read an issue of Astro City where the ending is a 29 year old hero named Roustabout making out with a 17 year old on the sly?

Posasibly? I was never all that sure about their relative ages.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Senior Woodchuck posted:

You could probably ask Kurt Busiek on twitter about that

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The CEO of Cambridge Analytica, a company that monitors everyone's data is named Nix. :tinfoil:

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Senior Woodchuck posted:

The narrator mentions her older cousin is 17 and there's a website where she looks up the Roustabout and it mentions his age.

The art's not 100 percent that the woman he's making out with is the cousin but I don't know who else she would be, hanging out at the family barn at night.

It's just weird to me that it's presented as this totally fine thing when it seems a bit predatory.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Roth posted:

It would be funny if X-O missed this thread just because he didn't realize this was the March comics thread.

That would be hilarious. :ninja:

Endless Mike posted:

I mean, he unstickied the February thread where I posted a link to this so he must have seen it?

I don't unsticky threads. They just wither and die on their own.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
At this point just leave it because it will be funny that the March Thread was so unimportant it didn't even get stickied

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

April is where the real action is.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/shishkababoo/status/976077742637711360

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

I know about it more for comedy since I don't fly overseas to buy comics, but it's a big one ain't it?
https://twitter.com/LAmag/status/976627363566899200

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

https://twitter.com/CoolComicArt/status/976949534394802178

https://twitter.com/MKupperman/status/976953795241537538

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Page 1, Panel 1: KING ARTHUR is BEHEADING some MUSLIMS
VO Box: That's the last LIBERAL who'll come between me my favorite WHORES.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Maybe ya stands for young aryans here

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Anyone try the Wolverine audio drama yet?
https://www.stitcher.com/podcast/stitcher-premium/wolverine-the-long-night-premium/e/53656480
You gotta pay for it, but maybe somebody bit.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

CapnAndy posted:

Page 1, Panel 1: KING ARTHUR is BEHEADING some MUSLIMS
VO Box: That's the last LIBERAL who'll come between me my favorite WHORES.

Page 6, Panel 1: Okay, I want you to be shameless. Full page spread of Morgan La Fey in her pink panties. Massive rear end shot.
Morgan: I'm on a date with King Arthur.
Page 7, Panel 1: Morgan Le Fay is in her pink bra and panties looking over her kingdom. Shot from her back so you can see her goods.
Morgan: I'm on a date with King Arthur.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
12-year old Sir Lancelot, aged 12.

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Wheat Loaf posted:

That's a good age to be that old.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

On the other hand, a straight up Sin City book set in Camelot but written like 30 years ago would have been pretty amazing.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Wheat Loaf posted:

What? Are you dense? Are you retarded or something? Who am I? I'm goddamn King Arthur!

Not a word. I've taken enough grief about calling my Goddamn horse the goddamn Arthur-Equine. I'm goddamn King Arthur and I will call my God drat horse whatever the hell I want to call it.

Covok fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Mar 24, 2018

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
drat and your honey mead!

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

This was the last place anyone was talking about Mad Magazine, so here's a crosspost from the DC panel going on now.
New trade dress.

It's now run by Bill Morrison from Bongo Comics.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Mar 24, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

That would've caused a stir when I was in grade school.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've never met anyone who was really into Bongo comics, but they actually are pretty solid. I read a cool mini series centered on various years of Radioactive Man's career and they played a lot of jokes with comic history, like the 90s issue having him get tripped up in a ridiculous Spawnesque cape.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

A Strange Aeon posted:

I've never met anyone who was really into Bongo comics, but they actually are pretty solid. I read a cool mini series centered on various years of Radioactive Man's career and they played a lot of jokes with comic history, like the 90s issue having him get tripped up in a ridiculous Spawnesque cape.

There's also an issue where the anti-social randian nerd who gets bit by a spider predictably becomes an insane villain.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Awhile back I suggested that american comics could save themselves by switching to being entirely about sports. All the characters you love, but doing sports instead of dull superhero poo poo. It turns out this was not an original idea.

This is official art from the shortlived DC DotA clone. So the sports DC universe is canon. It already exists. We just need to convince DC to switch to telling stories about that Earth

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Their new out of universe young readers OGNs probably could have accommodated a sports title. I'm guessing nobody cared to pitch Wonder Woman badminton, but it could happen.

They do have a digital series being a what if DC revolved around biker culture.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Mar 24, 2018

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Where's my pro wrestling superhero universe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Teenage Fansub posted:

Their new out of universe young readers OGNs probably could have accommodated a sports title. I'm guessing nobody cared to pitch Wonder Woman badminton, but it could happen.

Manga? Dude, Hanebado is getting an anime!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WwrdTaxBcw0

• Locked thread