Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Had some good runs last night on the SLAYER :black101::black101::black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNvClQ1yqu4 Into the Nest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wKtmmxS3nQM Convocation of Decay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Skypie posted:

Or they need a mechanic to force them into melee. Maybe Waystalker can only regenerate ammo off melee kills or something
It's this. If you're going to give ranged classes the ability to regenerate ammo, it needs to force you into melee, among other things.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I fought Ribspreader for the first time last night, playing SIR KRUBER as usual. There was something deeply hilarious about the big bad brick poo poo house of a boss getting knocked on his loving rear end by charge after charge.

Horrible, horrible ending, though, that left me feeling for one of the few times like I legitimately got robbed by the RNG. After picking up all the tomes and grims, our witch hunter went down and died halfway through the fight; I guess Ribspreader's own charge does a lot of damage? I never really got hit by it, but our WH sure seemed to crumble. Then, at the very end of the battle, our bright wizard goes down, incapacitated but not dead, about five seconds before I finally lop Ribspreader's head off. Feeling all good and proud of myself, I immediately walk over to get her back up.... and then simultaneously, I get snared by a pack rat charging out of the now-open gate while the dwarf gets pounced by an assassin, about five feet away from the still-downed bright mage. Wipe. With the boss dead and full books.

I mean, I know it's not over 'til it's over, but drat.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Had two boss games wipe right after killing the boss due to specials disabling the survivors, one of them being a pre-patch Halescourge fight. Just assume that the moment you drop the boss, some loving rat bastard is going to be gunning for your rear end and you need to be ready.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
2h Sword on Handmaiden is pretty good. Big old sweeps that you don’t get from the spear and you still get a stab that you can use with your F attack. Less push and stam though

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Schneider Inside Her posted:

2h Sword on Handmaiden is pretty good. Big old sweeps that you don’t get from the spear and you still get a stab that you can use with your F attack. Less push and stam though

Spear has some pretty drat good sweeps tbh. First power attack and the push followup attack are both stellar.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Vargs posted:

Spear has some pretty drat good sweeps tbh. First power attack and the push followup attack are both stellar.

The push/Block angle on spears is kind of ridiculous, too. Its a full 180°, same as a 1H + Shield, whereas halberds are the same as swords.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

quote:

The Leech Sorcerer should no longer damage his target before grabbing it, i.e. teleporting onto a player will no longer damage them.
Awesome, it sucked losing a quarter of your health to something you couldn't possibly avoid

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I know Kruber has better weapons, but there's just something satisfying about walking into battle with just a mace and no shield. Proper rat-stick action.

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

Backhand posted:

simultaneously, I get snared by a pack rat charging out of the now-open gate while the dwarf gets pounced by an assassin, about five feet away from the still-downed bright mage. Wipe. With the boss dead and full books.

I mean, I know it's not over 'til it's over, but drat.

This exact same thing happened to me last night except that we had 3 up so Victor was able to get the gutter runner before I died and we rescued sienna before the hook rat got away.

Apparently the special double spawn right after that boss is A Thing.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Who's the number one ranked competitive Vermintide 2 player in the eSports world and what's their Twitch channel? I wish this game had global rankings.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Can anyone point me towards a good sienna guide? Are there any staffs/weapons I definitely should be avoiding?

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Can anyone point me towards a good sienna guide? Are there any staffs/weapons I definitely should be avoiding?

Anything that isn't a heatsink beamstaff.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what rap music said but to go into more detail: flamestorm is pretty good at mulching hordes but obviously can't hit things beyond 10 feet or so, fireball is mediocre at everything bad at nothing, bolt staff's right click is theoretically a special sniper and its left click is a rapid fire crowd control except the beam staff does both better, and conflagration knocks everything around in a big aoe but does about a wet fart's worth of damage

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Kaddish posted:

If you never gamed the crit thing on the beam staff to begin with this is a fairly significant buff.
Yeah, I was using a Bolt staff for my almost entire time and late last night found a pretty ok Beam Staff with +% Crit for my 25 Pyro, and loving hated it. Temp HOC wasn't working and felt super erratic and could never vent on temp health since I couldn't rely on it.

I still think I may like Bolt staff more but having the crits fixed was a serious annoying issue so I'll go back to giving Beam a shot.

E: I also really hate the zoom-in FOV thing with beam, feelsbad after using Bolt staff and machinegunning heads for so long.

I'd really like to give Unchained a solid go but no idea what to do with them. Losing homing flaming-balls made me feel naked since you can just pop it whenever you hear an assassin is near and have it wipe it out behind many walls and cliffs.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Mar 20, 2018

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Capri Sun Tzu posted:

Awesome, it sucked losing a quarter of your health to something you couldn't possibly avoid

Even more than skittergate and halescourge fixes I am hype about this fix for this reason

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Xaris posted:

I'd really like to give Unchained a solid go but no idea what to do with them. Losing homing flaming-balls made me feel naked since you can just pop it whenever you hear an assassin is near and have it wipe it out behind many walls and cliffs.
At some point they'll need to do a balance pass on talents. First up is going to be Pyromancer eating some really big nerfs given this. Even more absurd is when they gave it the ability to clear your Overcharge. That really needs to stay restricted to Unchained, imo, or at the very least changed so that taking that talent means your active does absolutely nothing else. Even then, still probably too good.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 20, 2018

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

quote:

Heroes

Welcome to Patch 1.0.4. This patch includes various fixes and tweaks, stability improvements and balance adjustments. The changelist is as follows:

Skittergate

One of our areas of focus have been the Skittergate level and the end fight. This patch solves many of the bugs we have been made aware of.
Players’ buffs and talents will not be removed when they move through the portal.
Fixed issues with the final boss’ HP bar showing negative values for clients.
Fixed issues with some of the animated props in the level, where their state would not be synchronized to joining clients.
The final boss will no longer get stuck in corners, or spawn outside the combat area.
Fixed a crash when the final boss would cast a spell on a player that left the game.
The final boss fight on Skittergate is divided into two stages. The duration of the fight should now be more equal between both parts.
The boss in the first stage of the final fight on Skittergate is now more resistant to burst attacks, but deal less damage with his guns. The boss in the second stage has had his health reduced by around a third.
Spawning of enemies during the final boss fight on Skittergate has been tweaked to reduce the frequency of certain enemy types, such as Berserkers and shielded units.

Burblespue Halescourge

Bubblespit Halleberry turned out a bit harder and more unforgiving compared to the other Lords, mainly because of unavoidable attacks and a high health pool.

We still want this fight to be challenging and different from the other lords, but we’re tuning the Burgersnot fight to make it more fair and balanced.

Max health reduced by 10% for all difficulties.
Plague Wave - the green illusions. The angle has been increased for the triple Plague Wave attack, allowing players more space when avoiding it.
Plague Wave can now be dodged more efficiently by lowering the impact radius when the player is dodging.
Lowered Number of Berserkers spawned on Legend difficulty from 5 to 3.
Lowered number of Marauders spawned on Champion and Legend when spawning with Berserkers and Chaos Warriors.

Balancing Spawns

We’re tweaking how we spawn roamers. There is now a smoother distribution of elites in general. We were a bit heavy on armored types on the higher difficulties.

We are also making tweaks to how we spawn specials, e.g. Gutter Runners, Warpfire Throwers, and Hook Rats. Each time you play a level, the Conflict Director divides the level into segments, which primarily spawn either Skaven or Chaos enemies, or a mix of both.

Recruit Difficulty
Removed double chance of disabler specials for Skaven segments.

Veteran Difficulty
Removed double chance of disabler specials for Skaven segments.
Increased time between specials spawn for Chaos segments, it was a bit lower than other segments.

Champion Difficulty
Removed the increased chance for spawning disabler specials.
Increased time between specials spawn slightly for Mixed and Skaven segments.

Legend Difficulty
Removed the increased chance for spawning disabler specials.
Increased time between specials spawn for Skaven segments.
Increased time between specials spawn for Chaos segments just a smidge, since they have a lower total special allowance anyways.

We also fixed an issue on Legend difficulty with the amount of horde waves using the default Recruit settings. We should now correctly spawn hordes across no fewer than three waves with timing tweaked specifically for the Legend experience. Enjoy.

Overall, the balance changes to Legend provide a more varied, fair, and fun experience on the higher difficulty setting, with three times the size of hordes for good coop fun. The way we tweak Specials also improve the variations of enemies, but at the same time we’ve increased timings to make for less spammy playthroughs.

Stay tuned to a future dev-stream with all the details on the Conflict Director!

Fixes / Tweaks
Fixed an issue when the Bile Troll would get stuck in an animation loop while it was crouching, or when it was close to certain walls.
Tweaked some attacks of the Bile Troll to not trigger when the troll does not have line of sight to the player.
Fixed a bug that would cause the Rat Ogre to rapidly perform his shove attack.
Fixed an issue when the Chaos Spawn would get stuck while grabbing a player while all other players are knocked out or dead.
The Leech Sorcerer should no longer damage his target before grabbing it, i.e. teleporting onto a player will no longer damage them. GOOD
Beam staff now determine crits for each overcharge tick (each 0.45 seconds) instead of for the duration of the attack. This change was made in order to ensure a predictable crit rate that could not be manipulated.
Fixed Fencing sword pistol shot to not do less damage when critting.
When attack speed buffs ended during melee attacks it caused the attack to not count. This was more obvious with slow sweeping weapons. Attacks will now retain any attack speed buffs they had when starting the action. A long lived bug of V1 made it into V2. Of course.
Fixed an issue when crossbows sometimes fires twice, when under effects that remove ammo cost - such as the Bounty Hunters crit talent.
Fixed Kruber’s Huntsman Career Skill to correctly reset the FOV after deactivating.
Fixed an issue where shotguns with “critical strike effectiveness” were incorrectly getting an increase to power level when critting on top of the extra boost damage.
Added over 2000 new missing localized subtitles for voice over, in all languages.

Balance

Some of the Bile Troll’s attacks would still damage a player even if the attack was blocked. This was a bit too punishing. We removed this effect on some of the troll’s faster attacks, like the shove.
Decreased the amount of troll projectile-vomit to 20 liters.

Stability / Performance
Fixed a rare crash on startup that happened when the game process had restricted thread affinity,
Fixed a rare crash on startup on laptops with dedicated GPU.
Fixed a crash when Loot Rats were damaged on the end event explosions of Athel Yenlui and Righteous Stand, or when getting hit by a Plague Claw projectile on Fort Brachsenbrücke.
Fixed an issue where it would take a long time for the Halescourge end fight to trigger.
Fixed a rare crash when hitting the body part of an enemy that had been pulped by another player.
Fixed rare crash when removing the smoke cloud from Bardin’s Ranger Veteran Career Skill.
Fixed a crash when warpfire flames hit the summoning sorcerers in the end event in Convocation of Decay.
Fixed a crash that could happen if a player leaves while an enemy tries to play attack dialogue.
Fixed a crash when dead players drop a long way and try to spawn their equipped pickup items (tomes, first aid kits, potions, etc.)
Fixed a crash for other players when starting a flamethrower attack (Drakegun or Flamestorm Staff) and switching to a melee weapon immediately afterwards.
Fixed a crash when voting for a mission while a player vote kick is active.
Fixed rare crash when switching ranged weapons as Kerillian Waystalker and having the Vaul's Quiver talent selected.
Fixed a rare crash in the sound system.
Outlines that intersect with screen edges no longer create an outline on the left and right sides.
FXAA is now applied to outlines.
The game now applies the “Sharpness Filter” render settings directly without requiring a restart.

Lunethex fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Mar 20, 2018

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Everything in patch looks really good especially the troll/leech/burgersnot damage avoidance changes

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

quote:

Decreased the amount of troll projectile-vomit to 20 liters.

This game is truly magical sometimes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Xaris posted:

i'm an unabashed Unchained convert for 2 major reasons:
1) the practical amount of FF you run into is actually less if you're paying attention. flaming skull can knock a serious chunk of health off your allies on champ and insta-down them on legend, and there is not a single drat thing you can do about it because it's auto-aim. yes, the skull is fantastic against literally everything but there's nothing you can do to stop it from going rogue. at least with living bomb you have some agency by walking away from people you like.
2) it's just more fun. pyromancer for me ended up being insanely boring. i almost felt like a bot. beam things that are far away, shotgun things that are close, hit f when you're too hot, repeat. this loop will cover you for 85% of your play time, the other 15% being stupid junk like getting stabbed in the butt by something that spawned 2 seconds prior and losing half of your health.

Unchained still allows you to hit those buttons for when they are really needed, evaporating a horde and/or deleting a nerd, but you are encouraged and rewarded for mixing it up and riding the edge of your heat in melee. Try the dagger, it's already mean and just becomes absolutely vicious in the hands of an Unchained. You end up feeling like a serial killer because your little knife perpetrates an absurd amount of murder.

In terms of saving yourself from dong sniffers like gutter runners, just be careful with your living bomb attack. Dodge a lot (the knife has a really long dodge on it too, another benefit) and if you get a look at them coming in, hit your Living Bomb instead of trying to shove. You might get pounced but the impact from Living Bomb will knock them straight off. I've done this a dozen times in the last few days.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i think i'd like it better if unchained got the pyromancer's crit bonus at high heat instead of the raw melee damage bonus and then pyromancer got something else but i guess that goes against the idea of unchained being the melee class

Illiterate Clitoris
Oct 24, 2011

The changes to the Benedict Humblebundle fight make me wonder if him tracking until the last second before snotrushing at you is an intended mechanic. Am I supposed to run away when he ports to my corner? If so, what would be the damage window for a melee character?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Cowcaster posted:

i think i'd like it better if unchained got the pyromancer's crit bonus at high heat instead of the raw melee damage bonus and then pyromancer got something else but i guess that goes against the idea of unchained being the melee class

this is kinda part of the reason that Unchained feels so good. if i'm riding near the red on my overcharge i know exactly how much damage my knife is doing and it's a LOT. i can go completely ham on nerds and not have to hope for a dice roll to work out for me, I can just stab until the red haze clears and i know pretty darn well that it will turn out ok.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Hm... That sounds like fun. Maybe I should give unchained more attention - pyromancer was getting kind of samey.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Coolguye posted:

i'm an unabashed Unchained convert for 2 major reasons:
1) the practical amount of FF you run into is actually less if you're paying attention. flaming skull can knock a serious chunk of health off your allies on champ and insta-down them on legend, and there is not a single drat thing you can do about it because it's auto-aim. yes, the skull is fantastic against literally everything but there's nothing you can do to stop it from going rogue. at least with living bomb you have some agency by walking away from people you like.
2) it's just more fun. pyromancer for me ended up being insanely boring. i almost felt like a bot. beam things that are far away, shotgun things that are close, hit f when you're too hot, repeat. this loop will cover you for 85% of your play time, the other 15% being stupid junk like getting stabbed in the butt by something that spawned 2 seconds prior and losing half of your health.

Unchained still allows you to hit those buttons for when they are really needed, evaporating a horde and/or deleting a nerd, but you are encouraged and rewarded for mixing it up and riding the edge of your heat in melee. Try the dagger, it's already mean and just becomes absolutely vicious in the hands of an Unchained. You end up feeling like a serial killer because your little knife perpetrates an absurd amount of murder.

In terms of saving yourself from dong sniffers like gutter runners, just be careful with your living bomb attack. Dodge a lot (the knife has a really long dodge on it too, another benefit) and if you get a look at them coming in, hit your Living Bomb instead of trying to shove. You might get pounced but the impact from Living Bomb will knock them straight off. I've done this a dozen times in the last few days.

What do you recommend in terms of staffs and talents for Unchained? I've already been running Dagger/Bolt (probably soon to be Dagger/Beam) on Pyro. I guess probably the same thing it sounds like?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Mar 20, 2018

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
Speaking of fixing exploits, I was trying out the blunderbuss with scavenger on ole Huntsman Kruber, and it never seemed to give extra ammo on the right click. Did that get patched out?

Still a really fun weapon, it does tons of damage and you're constantly staring at the ammo count in the corner, cursing whenever a shot fails to crit.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Something I always wondered, is there a hotkey to do all the Job Board functionality without having to walk over to it and use it like there is for Spoils, Armory, etc.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Xaris posted:

What do you recommend in terms of weapons and talents for Unchained? I've been running Dagger/Bolt (probably soon to be Dagger/Beam) on Pyro.

dagger/beam. in terms of talents, the only one that i feel is unarguable is cooldown reduction on living bomb at level 25. try to pair this with a charm that gives you ~10% cooldown reduction so you start off close to half cooled off even after you hit f. it's a huge help. this goes beyond the fact that you just don't need the increased damage (it kills trash just fine as is) and the increased radius is more ff potential.

beyond that i feel like there's decent arguments for a lot of the talents. i prefer max health but max overcharge also has some sense to it. beyond that, i like reduced overcharge generated, temp health becomes real health on boss kill, and temp health on kills. flex to match your tastes though.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

fadam posted:

Something I always wondered, is there a hotkey to do all the Job Board functionality without having to walk over to it and use it like there is for Spoils, Armory, etc.

hit M (for mission)

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Beauty, thanks amigo.

Squarb
Oct 19, 2005
I've been running Unchained as well with both block talents, reduced overcharge generation, temp health on kill, and increased radius on Living Bomb. Using the regular sword and beam staff. The sword's heavy attack is a nice horizontal swing back and forth so it makes dealing with hordes very easy. The most important thing about Living Bomb in my opinion is the knockback, so the increased radius on living bomb makes it pretty big and can be a game-changer for patrols or if you are getting surrounded, you do have to watch the ff though. The lowered cooldown is also nice but I've found I don't use Living Bomb enough to justify it personally. You don't do as much raw damage as pyro but you end up as a much sturdier character that is strong in melee combat, great at dealing with hordes, and can still snipe specials and elites with the beam staff when required. Its been working great in champion.

Squarb fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 20, 2018

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Coolguye posted:

dagger/beam. in terms of talents, the only one that i feel is unarguable is cooldown reduction on living bomb at level 25. try to pair this with a charm that gives you ~10% cooldown reduction so you start off close to half cooled off even after you hit f. it's a huge help. this goes beyond the fact that you just don't need the increased damage (it kills trash just fine as is) and the increased radius is more ff potential.

beyond that i feel like there's decent arguments for a lot of the talents. i prefer max health but max overcharge also has some sense to it. beyond that, i like reduced overcharge generated, temp health becomes real health on boss kill, and temp health on kills. flex to match your tastes though.

:tipshat: Thanks. Do Ogres and Trolls count as boss kills for the purpose of triggering Temp->Perm? The lvl 10 ones seem p lovely in general though. And is Temp Health on Kill the way to go ? I'd have thought Crits may be better especially when fighting bosses n poo poo where you may not have trash to pickup temp health kills, but maybe on Champ/Leg they still through enough trash during bosses to make it useful?

Xaris fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Mar 20, 2018

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Coolguye posted:

this is kinda part of the reason that Unchained feels so good. if i'm riding near the red on my overcharge i know exactly how much damage my knife is doing and it's a LOT. i can go completely ham on nerds and not have to hope for a dice roll to work out for me, I can just stab until the red haze clears and i know pretty darn well that it will turn out ok.

Getting high and then stabbing peoples' heads off while trying to stay just high enough to continue the stab frenzy but not so high that you explode is why Unchained is so goddamn fun to play.

As an added bonus, the need to stay high actually makes me play Sienna the way you're supposed to and mix up my magic and melee all the time, instead of mostly doing melee and occasionally remembering to toss a spell at people.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
The fixes are nice but i have to wonder about all the changes to make the game less arduous...if they nerf sienna and elf I'm down but even on legend sienna does the work of 3 by herself, it's kinda ridiculous

Also does fatshark make any gameplay changes to maps as the game ages, i.e. spawn locations for enemies? The game is being pretty well shaken out, like Righteous Stand has become ho-hum if you do a left corner camp

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Xaris posted:

:tipshat: Thanks. Do Ogres and Trolls count as boss kills for the purpose of triggering Temp->Perm? The lvl 10 ones seem p lovely in general though. And is Temp Health on Kill the way to go ? I'd have thought Crits may be better especially when fighting bosses n poo poo where you may not have trash to pickup temp health kills, but maybe on Champ/Leg they still through enough trash during bosses to make it useful?

monsters count, yes. i prefer temp health on kill because you will not be triggering as many crits as a pyro does - you are losing the increased crit chance on overcharge, after all.

the deceptive thing about the temp health in general is that since you are shunting 50% of your damage off into your overcharge, you typically have a fair bit of temp health hanging out if you're doing any substantial amount of murder. you can even vent aggressively and not bother it too much precisely because you are shunting even THAT damage over to your overcharge, which will bottom out really fast because you're venting.

also, the boss kill thing gets more helpful on champ/legend because of the 'clears wounds' portion of that skill. That basically means that it resets your downs, so if you're gray after being knocked around by a boss it'll not just make your temp health real it will clear your gray status too.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

I really want unchained to be more thematically like Bright Wizard was in Warhammer Online, where you're constantly trying to ride the line of max damage vs blowing yourself the gently caress up, almost like a fire-mage-meets-berserker sorta style (get hit lots, but don't get hit too much).

e: I mean it's sorta like that now but IDK maybe I just don't have the talents or something but I really feel like there's minimal high heat reward

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

ChickenWing posted:

I really want unchained to be more thematically like Bright Wizard was in Warhammer Online, where you're constantly trying to ride the line of max damage vs blowing yourself the gently caress up, almost like a fire-mage-meets-berserker sorta style (get hit lots, but don't get hit too much).

again, slap on a dagger and this is pretty much where you are at. big dodges with lots of reduced block cost to create distance, use any opening to go jack the ripper on any motherfuckers in your path. i found the sword too slow to both attack and defend to really do the job on Unchained for this reason, it really feels like a berserker class but it's a berserker class in the context of a game where avoiding damage is generally your #1 priority.

Capri Sun Tzu
Oct 24, 2017

by Reene

Coolguye posted:

hit M (for mission)

M for mission
I for inventory/crafting/talents
H for hero select

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

But it's also a berserker class where you can build up your berserk gauge by setting eighteen guys on fire before dancing around and stabbing the survivors. Which is way cooler than building it by getting hit.