Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Elitist Bitch posted:

His Twitter kind of makes it look like he works for SHR rather than the mothership, but he does not tweet like he is a real bright dude.

In other news, Gluck is reporting that anyone who doesn't make a qualifying attempt for the Xfinity race because their car won't pass inspection will have to serve a pass through penalty when the race goes green.

Unintended consequence of having less than capacity fields I suppose- what is the point of qualifying if you know you're going to make the race?

This was my argument when they ran the heat races which were effectively pointless because they had run qualifying before and those in the heat races were in the field. There was nothing to lose in the heat as the field was determined.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I had the race on in the background today and I'm pretty sure that was the worst race I've ever seen in my life.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Give us the rundown as to why, please (other than Joey needing to gently caress off back to cup)

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I thought it was pretty good even though it was the Joey show. I like Cali though, I dread the day they repave it.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The Roseanne 300?

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

iospace posted:

Give us the rundown as to why, please (other than Joey needing to gently caress off back to cup)

It sucked. The end.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/jeff_gluck/status/975414664585666561

iospace posted:

I tried to watch but got to Stage 2 and saw the inevitability of the one good Cup guy in the field winning and gave up.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
In the last stage Logano pitted basically against his crew chiefs wishes and restarted like 20 positions back.

He had a five second lead in I think 5 laps.

Even cup guy aside the race was garbage. There was literally nothing compelling about anything happening anywhere on the track. It looked like your normal commute to work on a big highway.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Jeffrey Earnhardt's 00 Car seems to always end up multiple laps down with in the first 20-30 laps of the race...

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

That was some Denny Hamlin Bullshit out of the 4 car there.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yea, "I'm gonna show you I don't like how you're racing, OOPS, I wrecked myself"

:bravo:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I wonder if one problem with the playoff system is that once you've got a few wins you basically don't have to give a poo poo about racing carefully at all

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Feels Villeneuve posted:

I wonder if one problem with the playoff system is that once you've got a few wins you basically don't have to give a poo poo about racing carefully at all

That sounds like a benefit to me, the viewer.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Every week, 1 car just dominates the field and makes for pretty boring racing :(

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Every week, 1 car just dominates the field and makes for pretty boring racing :(

Works for F1.

Boomer The Cannon
Oct 27, 2011

Gotta see it live!

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Would've been close if Busch's crewman remembered lefty-loosey, righty-tighty

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Races like that make me miss phantom debris cautions.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I am curious why nobody seems to ever have a lap down teammate take a spin toward the end to bring out a caution and bunch everyone up again.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I am curious why nobody seems to ever have a lap down teammate take a spin toward the end to bring out a caution and bunch everyone up again.

if you do that they add more people to the chase

von Manstein
Jul 30, 2005

Panzer P.I.M.P

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Jeffrey Earnhardt's 00 Car seems to always end up multiple laps down with in the first 20-30 laps of the race...

Well guess who 1990 Daytona 500 Winner Derrike Cope fired today!
https://twitter.com/StarcomRacing/status/975561609962840064

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
JEFFREY NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

von Manstein posted:

Well guess who 1990 Daytona 500 Winner Derrike Cope fired today!
https://twitter.com/StarcomRacing/status/975561609962840064

Who will be tbe back marker next week? He couldn't even stay ahead of Harvicks wrecked car today. lol

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

kidcoelacanth posted:

if you do that they add more people to the chase

Yea, but if you're running in 10th and your teammate is 30th, have them take a little spin, bring out the caution. And then you're in position to win the race.

Watching some of the old races, its fun seeing them directly talking about the race purse and what the drivers are actually racing for money wise.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yea, but if you're running in 10th and your teammate is 30th, have them take a little spin, bring out the caution. And then you're in position to win the race.

I don't think it's going to happen anytime soon: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Federated_Auto_Parts_400?wprov=sfla1

Rent-A-Cop
Oct 15, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

https://twitter.com/KyleBusch/status/975519145541455873?s=19

An excellent use of the poop emoji by Kyle Busch.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

gently caress Kyle but :golfclap: this time.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Kyle Busch is cool and good.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/RCRracing/status/976224402567245824?s=19

The NASCAR dork in me is slightly annoyed given 8 isn't an RCR number.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It might as well be, with the DEI connection.

The more irritating thing is that the number font is all tied up in Teresa's bullshit so that car number looks kind of like rear end.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

is herbal snuff that big of a business to be sponsoring a Cup car?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

Gotta fly under the radar lest it become The Official Herbal Snuff Of NASCAR®

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

kidcoelacanth posted:

It might as well be, with the DEI connection.

The more irritating thing is that the number font is all tied up in Teresa's bullshit so that car number looks kind of like rear end.

Dale was asked in one of his last podcasts last year if he'd like to run the 8 in NXS and he initially considered it, only to remember ^that^ and decide it wouldn't be as cool.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

That number is loving terrible looking.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Also, good for Hemric.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003

gret posted:

is herbal snuff that big of a business to be sponsoring a Cup car?

Big enough for a few laps, any way.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Speaking of paint schemes, Byron's Liberty ride will have white numbers now because his spotter was having trouble picking out the red numbers on the side of the car:

http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/news/articles/89341/elliott-meets-the-super-troopers

e- How in the gently caress was that the link it copied when I clicked that article? Here, have the right one:
http://www.hendrickmotorsports.com/news/articles/89350/byrons-liberty-university-scheme-gets-an-update

And the picture:

I like that car in spite of Liberty.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Mar 21, 2018

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

I have no idea what Liberty is, I'm presuming we're talking the college for people who couldn't get into Trump University.

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

Dudley posted:

I have no idea what Liberty is, I'm presuming we're talking the college for people who couldn't get into Trump University.

Wikipedia posted:

Liberty University (LU), also referred to as Liberty, is a private, non-profit Christian research university located in Lynchburg, Virginia, United States. It is classified as a doctoral research university by the Carnegie Classification.

In terms of student enrollment, Liberty is the largest Christian university in the world and the largest private non-profit university in the United States.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 8 days!)

Dudley posted:

It's a school founded by Jerry Falwell, a television preacher. His hits are:

Starting up the Moral Majority and telling his viewers to vote Republican which offended even other televangelists
Calling Martin Luther King "dangerous"
Supported Apartheid
Invented the "Bill Clinton is a serial killer" conspiracy
Said America deserved 9/11 because of all the "pagans and feminists"

also I'm pretty sure Liberty was founded as a whites-only school and only allowed integration when the IRS revoked its tax-exempt status.