Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I posted a huge note for the thief who stole my bike. Then my doorbell rang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

quote:

Next time, steal a hipster’s Peugeot.

(For those of you who are not into bikes, Peugeots are fancy bikes that can cost thousands of dollars.)

An old steel frame Peugeot that a hipster would ride probably costs $150-200, same as that lady paid for hers.

Unless New York is experiencing some sort of vintage Peugeot price bubble, in which case, gonna load up a truck and head up.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
"There's definitely some craftmanship in this sign" - a supposed art dealer, about a piece of cardboard with yellow paint letters on it. Right.

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

STOLEN WHILE UNLOCKED

AND STILL NO RETURN?

HOW COME, BIKE THIEF?

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

They should've realized the thief is probably much happier than their relative loss made them sad and be content the overall exchange brought joy.

bottybot
Feb 28, 2013
Found on youtube, some video about obnoxious guitarist types.

sadsack darrell posted:

Here is my guitar snob story: Back in the early/mid 90's, my then new band playing mostly all original music went to an open mic night (and one our first public appearances) hosted by one of the more popular local bands at the time. It was one of those deals where all the amps , drums and mics are provided- just bring your instrument. When our turn comes around, we go up the stage to plug in and tune up. The lead guitar player from the host band is running sound, and helping us find our places and get ready. He comes to me and sees I have a Squire P Bass and says "Squire? <condescending chuckle> I started out on Squire too..." Then shows me the bass amp and starts explaining to me what each knob does, talking to me like I'm a complete idiot and need a explanation of all the tone knobs and what the volume knob does, really making sure I knew how to turn down the amp. I mean like he is explaining it to a toddler! We played our set to a great reception and many people loved what they heard. We hang around to catch the other performers and I was asked to sit in with a few people on bass, as was my drummer on drums. Mostly acoustic types that never really have a backing band. Later that week, the local music store owner told me that guitar player from the host band was looking for me, that he wanted to know if I wanted to join his band. He had a lot of flattering things to say about our performance to the shop owner. All I could say was "Is it ok if I show up with my Squire Bass??" I turned him down.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Katt posted:

Is that a stereotypical Asian accent?

Reads like Greek or middle Eastern to me. Asian would be missing articles and e: missing modal verbs/ using untensed verbs.

kimbo305 has a new favorite as of 06:36 on Mar 21, 2018

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

This should be a tumblr post with 18 "LMAO THAT'S CRAZY" replies

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: poem for your STDH

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
I think this is the one scenario where the appendaged comment actually redeems the stdh

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
So clearly this didn't happen at Louisbourg. Which is honestly not all that authentically recreated, given when it was done and that it was a giant work scheme for unemployed miners. Fun, though. Get the molasses cookies, you won't be sorry.

Unless they mean Port-Royal, which is much more authentic but not a fort?

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
he lik the bred

Alien Sex Manual
Dec 14, 2010

is not a sandwich

yeah I eat rear end posted:

"There's definitely some craftmanship in this sign" - a supposed art dealer, about a piece of cardboard with yellow paint letters on it. Right.

If it's the same guy as in this article I can believe it.

Craftsmanship, lol.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

bottybot posted:

Found on youtube, some video about obnoxious guitarist types.

Tangential, but TIL Squier guitars have nothing to do with Billy Squier. I always just assumed. :shrug:

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
This web designer has problems with his neighbour.

I've written a letter but not posted it except here on the website I use to advertise my web design business... posted:

Dear Cedric,

After having a few days to reflect on the incident on Saturday, I am still unable to make any sense of it. I probably feel a bit like my Nana did after watching Lost in Translation.

As far as I can tell, you, a seventy year old adult man, essentially called me a twat, an idiot, a child, a prat and a bastard for three reasons:

How I park my car on my drive.
How I maintain my garden and the exterior of my home; and
How I choose to live my life.
First of all I should point out that none of these points are your concern, particularly item three, mainly because you’re not my father, at least I don’t think you are. I’ll ask my Mum but let’s assume you’re not.

Despite these things not being any of your business I still feel compelled to respond.

As I tried explaining during our lovely little chat, the reason I do, on occasion, park my car so the driver’s door is in front of the fence is simply to allow myself to get out of the car. If you genuinely were involved in the design and build of these bungalows, as you once told me, you only have yourself to blame. You clearly overlooked the fact that cars have outward opening entry and exit points called ‘doors’ or perhaps you were convinced Sir Clive Sinclair’s C5 would be an outstanding success? If you’d stopped shouting and covering me in tiny droplets of saliva for approximately 12 seconds you would’ve heard my simple explanation.

I don’t like gardening. If I’m being honest I’d rather scrape dog muck out of the sole of a shoe with a complex tread pattern than mow a lawn and yet every week or so I’m out there with my flymow pacing up and down whilst thinking about harnessing the power of electric eels or similar. I do it to keep the landlord happy. I also clean things, paint things, fix things and, you know, do things to stop neighbours getting cross. I’m obviously now incredibly pleased I committed the time to such activities and didn’t instead, go to the pub or repeatedly punch myself in the face.

I dread to think how you would react to a bad neighbour, one who didn’t mow his lawn for months, someone who sold illicit drugs from his doorstep or left rusted white goods in his/her front garden. Or perhaps a neighbour who shouted “TWAT” at you at the top of his voice because he didn’t like your parking.

You also spoke of me living like a child. I can only assume this stems from me having hobbies like surfing and cycling and not the fact I have been building a to-scale Duplo® elephant in the spare room. The reality is I like to live a balanced life; my priority is my family, then work, then my hobbies, then lots of other things like dressing up as a kinky archer and then, somewhere right down the list, is property maintenance. I find this hierarchy allows me to live a somewhat happy, fulfilling existence, if it’s considered childish to some then so be it.

Surely living a life of mundane routine where one obsessed over the length of blades of grass or washed his car after every drive would be imbalanced and could make a man prone to irrational outbursts of uncontrollable anger.

You also called me a prat. The definition of this is; “an incompetent or stupid person; an idiot”.

You’ve made this judgement based on trivial things like the frequency of my lawn mowing or polite conversations about weather, the fact is I’m far from stupid, I once came 3rd in the Norway Inn quiz and have a 2/2 university degree.

You’ll also recall; at no point during our encounter did I rise to your abuse, even when you attempted to get me to relocate to a different part of your garden so you could attack me with your fists. This had nothing to do with me being terrified of a violent old man, it was purely because I’m aware that we live in a close-knit neighbourhood where the walls have eyes and ears. Who’s the prat now Cedric?

Of course it would probably be unreasonable of me to take matters further for what happened on Saturday despite not receiving a grovelling apology. There is clearly an underlying issue causing such irrationality and anger but know this; If I find myself at the end of any insulting, abusive and/or threatening language again, I will call the police and under section 5 of the Public Order Act 1986 you could potentially find yourself being issued a £5,000 fine or even serving a 6 month custodial sentence for similar conduct. There’s no gardening in prison Cedric, there’s no Kia to drive hastily to B&Q, just big hairy prats with an insatiable appetite for OAP bum holes.

The irony is, I am very reasonable, fair and amenable and if you’d approached me in a friendly and polite manner and asked me to avoid parking at the end of the drive for no other reason than it bothered you, I probably would’ve done, but I’m not going to be bullied Cedric, that ended in year 10 when Martin Wakeling moved to Northwich.

The good news is we’ll probably be moving out in the next few months, your little outburst has left an underlying feeling of discomfort in our home. So, in some unjust way, your bullying has worked. I just hope Karma ensures the next tenant is a homosexual environmental campaigner who likes loud parties, hates gardening and has ten roaming cats with diabolically loose bowels.

Sincerely,

Dan (The “prat” from next door).

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Isn't a 2/2 university degree in Britain the equivalent of graduating with like a B- average in the US? Not a convincing argument!

Hattie Masters
Aug 29, 2012

COMICS CRIMINAL
Grimey Drawer

Antivehicular posted:

Isn't a 2/2 university degree in Britain the equivalent of graduating with like a B- average in the US? Not a convincing argument!

It's more like a C. It's not flat out shameful but your parents will forever look at you and sigh, knowing that maybe if they'd been stricter, or given you more attention, you'd have been less of a failure.

Below that is a third, which comes with the underlying assumption that you just spent your entire undergrad degree absolutely wasted and put in the bare minimum of effort.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

The letter is obnoxious but the neighbour sounds nothing out of the ordinary for old englishman

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Slash
Apr 7, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Neither is finishing 3rd in the local pub quiz .... it's a joke.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Hey guys, just me here on my website I use to market my web design business to y'all, here's a totally fake letter illustrating how passive-aggressive I can be in my personal life for no reason. So what do you want your website to look like?

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat

quote:

Not everyone gets my sense of humor. Its like when i was getting on an elevator at a hotel and had clear shaker cup hooked to my bag. I had just drank beet juice and what was left in the clear bottle thick was a deep red liquid residue.
As the doors were opening to my floor an old man joking said "is that blood?"
I looked at him and very seriously said. "Not human blood...."
i then stepped out of the elevator and said have a nice day as the doors closed on the horrified face of a this man who didnt quite know if i was joking. And i burst out laughing for like 10 minutes.

:cawg:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Is human blood...less horrifying?

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

I did poo poo like that.

when I was 17.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I never drink... blood.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

It’s me, the guy who laughs at his own dumb joke for 10 minutes.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

tpink posted:

It’s me, the guy who laughs at his own dumb joke for 10 minutes.

thats me irl

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I'm the old guy who starts joking around with a kid in an elevator but doesn't get that his reply was a joke too, because who jokes about drinking blood

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

Woke Child: Check
Audience Applause: Check
poo poo That Happened:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

poo poo That Happened:

Man, why do we even pay for security?

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
they should just start hiring 5-year-olds to do bank security...they can give them adorable little pink kevlar vests and everything

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

poo poo That Happened:

When I got to "EVERYBODY GET DOWN" I thought it was going to be "All of a sudden disco music came on and the bank employees started dancing"

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Months of planning, outdone by a moralizing toddler :(

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

I love the emojis at the end to signify how hilarious being a hostage during a robbery or shooting would be! Here's 1,000 Pounds kids, we hope that will take care of any pesky trauma lingering in your minds.

Feels like writing obviously untrue STDH has become a pastime when I read STDH like that. I'm craving an STDH where people are actually trying somewhat hard to make it halfway believable.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Seems like it's clearly taking the piss, tbh.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006

I've got a 100k policy on the missus and honestly I've been weighing me options lately.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

Do you think Hitler had a life insurance policy? Probably unenforceable due to suicide but still

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walrusman
Aug 4, 2006

Wouldn't your supervisor consider it fairly unprofessional to comment on something like that in the first place?