Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Filthy Haiku
Oct 22, 2010

i am shattering like glass

but at least
i have

springy ride
Yeah, Rowling has been liking terfy poo poo for a while. It plays well with her faux progressive re-fitting of her series, and it really stinks of deflecting criticism of prejudiced ideas. Unfortunately, some vulnerable young transperson who loves the series will probably see this and retreat further in their shell. The "men in dresses" meme is pretty much exclusively used as a bludgeon against children with the intent of scaring them into the closet.

I have a co-worker who's a terf who idolizes Rowling. Has no idea why I'm so nice to everyone but her. As a form of silent protest I intentionally use the stall next to her every time she's in the restroom. :chord:

Filthy Haiku has a new favorite as of 12:19 on Mar 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rowling is a blairite that thinks Corbyn is too radical. I think that sums up all her "not 100% poo poo but far from good" intentions outside of her blatant anti transness.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Intoluene posted:

Someone is furiously masturbating to this idea right now.

Confirmed.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Zedd posted:

Rowling is a blairite that thinks Corbyn is too radical. I think that sums up all her "not 100% poo poo but far from good" intentions outside of her blatant anti transness.

What's the British equivalent of a corn cob? They probably call it a "corny-warny" or "cobber-wobber" or some dumb, sing songy nonsense like that.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Scratch Monkey posted:

What's the British equivalent of a corn cob? They probably call it a "corny-warny" or "cobber-wobber" or some dumb, sing songy nonsense like that.

A banger in the mouth

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Scratch Monkey posted:

Maize wand?

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Reginald's Breakfast Length

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Wheatbone, but that's only because of its similarity to a wheatbone. Some say "corn wheatbone" but since wheatbone usually refers to corn in modern usage, the corn part is implied so you can just say wheatbone

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

I feel like that summary sorta glosses over how the abortion compromise is that nobody gets abortions, and instead you get to scrap your kids for parts only if they're in their teens. Maybe it was written in a time where people thought Trumpcare was going to be a thing, but I have a feeling it's just the dumbest possible take.

Oh no, I brought up how it totally ignores how people have to grow a baby inside them for nine months.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Filthy Haiku posted:

I have a co-worker who's a terf who idolizes Rowling. Has no idea why I'm so nice to everyone but her. As a form of silent protest I intentionally use the stall next to her every time she's in the restroom. :chord:

You're my hero for today.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Dying to know what euphemism for stealing "LP" means.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

zoux posted:

Loss Prevention, the workers/security guards/rent-a-cops who stop you from stealing.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

zoux posted:

There isn't a court in the land that wouldn't laugh them out of court. They'd probably get a SLAPP counter-suit and hideously lose.

1. The person still owns rights to their information, but reddit was under no obligation to store it indefinitely. It's no different than your usb stick being run through the washer. Keep a backup.

2. Freely published and freely available information has little market value.

3. Advising how to get around legal protections is in and of itself illegal in most jurisdictions.

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet

Scratch Monkey posted:

Boringly it’s still corn cob.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Corn on the cob, usually.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Arivia posted:

Loss Prevention, the workers/security guards/rent-a-cops who stop you from stealing.

See these are the kinds of insights that a book about how to steal would teach me, but alas, the Reddit Nazis...

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Filthy Haiku posted:

Make some stinky shits for me, then.

Doubtful Guest
Jun 23, 2008

Meanwhile, Conradin made himself another piece of toazzzzzzt.

zoux posted:

See these are the kinds of insights that a book about how to steal would teach me, but alas, the Reddit Nazis...

As always, those wonderful folks at the F-Plus Podcast have you covered - a whole episode on this topic/weird reddit board - plus bonus information on how to get a sugar-daddy!

Buzkashi
Feb 4, 2003
College Slice
I hope that dude goes through the effort to write a whole book and then every copy gets shoplifted.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Arivia posted:

on the flip side of the shoplifting forums (etc.), if you can ever find a place where Loss Prevention People (who are absolutely a Type) congregate online (there used to be a lot more, but they mostly buttoned up at some point), hoooo boy it's a ride:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

"""""Civil Rights""""""

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Buzkashi posted:

I hope that dude goes through the effort to write a whole book and then every copy gets shoplifted.

There was a famous book in the 70s (from memory) called ‘Steal This Book’ that encouraged you to do exactly that. I wonder how many people did.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Oh those pesky civil rights, getting in the way of discriminating against Certain People.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EL BROMANCE posted:

There was a famous book in the 70s (from memory) called ‘Steal This Book’ that encouraged you to do exactly that. I wonder how many people did.

System of a Down released an album titled Steal This Album, which was printed to look like a bootleg CD with the title in marker, after an early mix of it got leaked online.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pgk0qyJcCRM

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

zoux posted:

"""""Civil Rights""""""

I feel like "Today's 'Wise' Shoplifter" needs to be used in a Kelly cartoon

Tardcore
Jan 24, 2011

Not cool enough for the Spider-man club.

chitoryu12 posted:

System of a Down released an album titled Steal This Album, which was printed to look like a bootleg CD with the title in marker, after an early mix of it got leaked online.

The Coup did a similar thing too, guess which one people pearl clutched harder at

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

"It makes me mad that CERTAIN PEOPLE only seem to be in the shoplifting game to get things without paying. They've totally forgotten the craft and artistry that True Shop-Lifters have cultivated over the millennia. drat shame"

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

chitoryu12 posted:

I brought that album to school and another kid scraped it with a sharp object and ruined it completely because he assumed that he was just trashing a $1 bootleg.

Katt has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Mar 22, 2018

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

Katt posted:

I brought that album to school and another kid scraped it with a sharp object and ruined it completelyebecause he assumed that he was just trashing a $1 bootleg.

And that kid went on to mass report any youtube video with 5 seconds of a licensed track in it.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ularg posted:

And that kid went on to mass report any youtube video with 5 seconds of a licensed track in it.

If I recall he got probation for beating a guy with iron pipe in front of a video camera and a year later he got prison for smuggling meat into Norway because the truck he was driving (without a license) had studded winter tires and those are illegal in Norway.

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

chitoryu12 posted:

I bought that album because gently caress you I won't do what you tell me!

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

Katt posted:

If I recall he got probation for beating a guy with iron pipe in front of a video camera and a year later he got prison for smuggling meat into Norway because the truck he was driving (without a license) had studded winter tires and those are illegal in Norway.

The good ol' "Norwegian Meat Smuggler". A classic!

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

tyblazitar posted:

I bought that album because gently caress you I won't do what you tell me!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I ❤️ this image

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Like I can get disagreeing with the walkouts but to suggest it’s impossible to have a differing opinion than your own and it must be indoctrination is a special kind of infuriating

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop

EL BROMANCE posted:

i stole my friend's stolen copy

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Scratch Monkey posted:

The good ol' "Norwegian Meat Smuggler". A classic!

I was surprised over the staggering amounts of money there was in it for someone able to get a light truck stacked with meat into central Oslo. Maybe local meat is just really expensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Katt posted:

I was surprised over the staggering amounts of money there was in it for someone able to get a light truck stacked with meat into central Oslo. Maybe local meat is just really expensive.

Yeah, local everything is pretty expensive even compared to our neighboring countries. Norwegians driving across the border to stock up on meat, booze and other cheap goods is a pretty widespread phenomenon.