Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A Buttery Pastry posted:

I sorta wish one of the auction chairs counted as an exit, like 47 just stepped out to take a phone call and then returned to the auction, while in reality he was out assassinating people. Maybe it could be conditional upon there being no "non-accident" bodies on the map, and every SA requirement being met.

"And then 47 blended back into the party/resort town/five star hotel and had a drink for a job well done" :buddy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
The new suits that came with the goty edition, they each have several unique idle animations. That Corky animation... :allears:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Mar 15, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I imagine this has been brought up before, but I reckon there's hilarity to be had in the theory that Helmut Kruger is an off-brand 47 clone who never had any talent nor inclination for assassination and took up modelling.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Inescapable Duck posted:

I imagine this has been brought up before, but I reckon there's hilarity to be had in the theory that Helmut Kruger is an off-brand 47 clone who never had any talent nor inclination for assassination and took up modelling.

other obvious clone: the drummer in bangkok

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Not sure if there are many big developers other than IO in Copenhagen but a recruiter I use for games jobs in the UK is shopping around for a senior level designer for a triple A franchise over there, can't think of what that would be other than Hitman. If it is then hopefully we'll be seeing some sort of announcement of Season 2, probably it'd be at E3 at this point I guess.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

thebardyspoon posted:

Not sure if there are many big developers other than IO in Copenhagen but a recruiter I use for games jobs in the UK is shopping around for a senior level designer for a triple A franchise over there, can't think of what that would be other than Hitman. If it is then hopefully we'll be seeing some sort of announcement of Season 2, probably it'd be at E3 at this point I guess.

Yeah I can't bring any other Danish devs to mind at all.

Doesn't mean it's Hitman though. It could be Freedom Fighters 2 :getin:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

Ms Adequate posted:

Yeah I can't bring any other Danish devs to mind at all.

Maybe Playdead. They made Limbo and Inside.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

the only challenge of the et can be bypassed by knocking out both targets and trying to dump them in the nearest box. i kinda wonder if they put the box there on purpose everything else is pretty by the numbers

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

also how the gently caress do you get the one target in the center of the lot in the gemini fiasco? i once managed to lure her over but the next mission seemed to have more people in the area

e: lol in the ezeikel paradox when the guards see through your uniform just starting as tech crew will blow SA

StashAugustine fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 18, 2018

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I like how all the escalation mission titles sound like airport thriller titles.

Trying to raise levels in Hokkaido without getting too bored. The one where you have to assassinate the director right after pilfering his safe, does he actually go near that area on his route or do you have to pull some wacky stunt like ninja-climbing out of the dorm to cap him in the garden? Which is tempting, to be fair.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Dressing up in a clown costume and hitting you unconscious with a wiffle bat is 47's way of showing brotherly affection.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Inescapable Duck posted:

I like how all the escalation mission titles sound like airport thriller titles.

Trying to raise levels in Hokkaido without getting too bored. The one where you have to assassinate the director right after pilfering his safe, does he actually go near that area on his route or do you have to pull some wacky stunt like ninja-climbing out of the dorm to cap him in the garden? Which is tempting, to be fair.

Breaching charges can be used to open chests as well as doors.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

Inescapable Duck posted:

Reminded of how if you somehow manage to get into the Marrakesh embassy in your suit, then you won't be suspicious as you'll blend in with all the other people wearing suits. (though the security staff will still catch you)

reminded of how there's a bunch of completely useless blend spots out in the market, but none in the embassy if you're wearing your suit

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

goddamn gently caress the kotti paradigm so much, i can't figure out how to get the sheik alone

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

StashAugustine posted:

goddamn gently caress the kotti paradigm so much, i can't figure out how to get the sheik alone
When he's out on the balcony, start a car alarm on the limo below. He'll come all the way downstairs to investigate.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Unless they've fixed it, he's also supernaturally tuned to the radio in his bathroom, and will happily traverse the entire map to come and turn it off.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
Kotti Paradigm is one of the more fun escalations in the game. IIRC I just intercepted him while he was walking past those empty rooms on the second floor above the bar.

I finally gave up on getting SA on all escalations in Sapienza though, anyone who has the patience to do The Eccleston Illumination perfectly with those crazy requirements together with the RNG laptop in the laboratory could probably qualify as an actual professional assassin in real life.

E:

To elaborate, level 4 requires killing two guards in the underground lab, one with the amputation knife and the other with the exploding golf ball while dressed as a lab technician.

Level 5 requires killing them with the katana found in the mansion attic... but it can only be held while wearing the Plague Doctor outfit. The katana's location in the attic was also moved from its visible spot to a hidden one behind a crate or something, so without looking it up you might not realize it's still up there and wander all around Sapienza looking for it.

Even if you manage those you still have a laptop in the lab itself which you need to hack for 20 seconds without anyone spotting you, and there's no guaranteed ways to ensure that'll happen aside from luring out and knocking out literally everyone in the lab. Even then someone from outside can randomly spot you if you're unlucky.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 09:17 on Mar 21, 2018

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
There's an exact 21 second time window if you start as a Lab Technician and know exactly when to start hacking. Do that before doing any other part of the Escalation and it goes from impossible to tolerable.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

StashAugustine posted:

You want to get him faster. After killing the first target, try taking a different axe through the basement to the stairwell going to the second floor.

I think Kotti's intended method for getting the axe between floors involves throwing it where the checkpoint guards will see it. They then carry it up a floor to a safe spot, and you can move through the checkpoint in your suit. This, uh, takes a while, though.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:43 on Mar 21, 2018

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

I'm generally shooting for SA but only really sweat it on the final level and then am willing to give it a pass if I gently caress up a subdue prompt or something

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Wrong thread.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Discendo Vox posted:

You want to get him faster. After killing the first target, try taking a different axe through the basement to the stairwell going to the second floor.

I think Kotti's intended method for getting the axe between floors involves throwing it where the checkpoint guards will see it. They then carry it up a floor to a safe spot, and you can move through the checkpoint in your suit. This, uh, takes a while, though.

Before I waste half an hour on this: take the downstairs area up to the second floor behind the av station, sneak over to the public area staircases, toss the axe in front of the guards that frisk you, they drop it in the attic. Not really sure where to go from there since you can't pacify people- can't think of how to get from the auction to the weapons crate to the laptop room suit only and without pacifications

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

First, make sure you change into the shiek's disguise. Second, you don't toss the axe in front of the guards, but rather, behind them where they won't see it. You can then just pick it up after being frisked. The other method, which I haven't tried personally, is leaving the axe on the second floor and using the Shiek's disguise to perform the laptop dongle opportunity. This will cause target 3 to eventually leave the top floor and gradually make her way to the docks, providing some kill opportunities.

...came up with a possible dick move contract. Where are there drowning possibilities in the school in Marrakech?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 23:59 on Mar 21, 2018

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Discendo Vox posted:

...came up with a possible dick move contract. Where are there drowning possibilities in the school in Marrakech?
Maybe the toilets on the first floor? Or are they all broken?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

I still want an assassination in a nursing home. Maybe they can repurpose Hokkaido yet again. Mostly because I really want to be able to recreate this video even moreso than my average gameplay already does. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-RaWE-Sb0

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

shut up blegum posted:

Maybe the toilets on the first floor? Or are they all broken?

I think they're all broken, but need to check. This is important, particularly for my plans to drown Strandberg....as the prisoner.

edit: just doublechecked, no toilets in the school. I think this will work!

Now to figure out a way to electrocute Zaydan as the masseuse.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 22, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

The next Elusive Target is the Guru and will be available in 9 hours. That's another Sapienza target so I guess there definitely was some kind of licensing issue with the Busey one.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

that uncompleted challenge will haunt me forever

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

Jerusalem posted:

The next Elusive Target is the Guru and will be available in 9 hours. That's another Sapienza target so I guess there definitely was some kind of licensing issue with the Busey one.

This was my first ET so I guess i'm officially done with the game's content now. Bittersweet.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

Blasmeister posted:

This was my first ET so I guess i'm officially done with the game's content now. Bittersweet.

Nah, they skipped like 9 ETs between the last guy and The Guru. Presumably they'll activate those sometime in the future and it should be new content to you.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Blasmeister posted:

Help me figure out the most horrifically unpleasant, yet still possible, kill method and outfit for Zaydan. Electrocution? Is there a plausible drowning scenario?

...does shooting a bottle of water create a puddle, by any chance?

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Mar 23, 2018

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Doesn't throwing a can create a tiny puddle? Can you use that with the big one to create a portable electrocution?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

The printing press is already pretty hosed up.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Inescapable Duck posted:

The printing press is already pretty hosed up.
He means horrifically unpleasant for the player to complete.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

Help me figure out the most horrifically unpleasant, yet still possible, kill method and outfit for Zaydan. Electrocution? Is there a plausible drowning scenario?

...does shooting a bottle of water create a puddle, by any chance?

The school is a pretty darn boring place, printing press aside, and off the top of my head, the only normal way of getting Zaydan outside of it is to trick him into the basement meeting. On his way there, he passes by a potential falling accident (the well) and some fire hazards, but none of them directly in his path. So unless you want something truly horrible, like coining him all the way to the market or the embassy, he's not a particularly fun target to work with, I'm afraid.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Nakar, or anyone else: there is a trending Hokkaido contract to kill Agent Smith in the freezer, and hide all the bodies. How do you do that?

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Nakar, or anyone else: there is a trending Hokkaido contract to kill Agent Smith in the freezer, and hide all the bodies. How do you do that?
Unless his body can ragdoll when killed with an explosion I have no idea.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---
Maybe an explosion on the outside of the freezer can kill him? You know, before you opened it?

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Easy ET SA for The Guru. Start in the kitchen with a lethal vial and coins, exit the mansion through the front gates (take out the camera outside the kitchen), threw a coin near the target to get him to stand up and poisoned his drink.

In and out in under 5 minutes. Would've been even quicker if they didn't make you take the docks exit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

shut up blegum posted:

Maybe an explosion on the outside of the freezer can kill him? You know, before you opened it?
You can kill him that way but I don't know if it counts the body as hidden. The morgue tray isn't a "container" so far as I know.