Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Better
This poll is closed.
John Zandig 107 75.35%
DJ Hyde 35 24.65%
Total: 142 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Masada's trash where even his normal matches rely on him turning them into death matches and sticking skewers in people's heads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Masada is deathmatch Randy Orton. I feel like he’s fundamentally not bad for a deathmatch dude but there is never anything interesting or dramatic about his matches.

It’s just the motions, bundle of sticks in the forehead, finish, to me.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

yeah I can't believe Masada won't do CrossFit Fighting like all the guys on the Evolve roster.

Big Bidness
Aug 2, 2004

Maybe he's moving better if he got his knee fixed, but a few years ago I saw him in a bunch of matches where he moved like modern day Greg the Hammer Valentine, and every time he bumped he'd sit on his rear end for a minute and stare like he was trying to remember where he left his car keys. No amount of skewers made it exciting.

I haven't watched the last couple of ToDs, so maybe he wasn't the shits. I keep meaning to check them out.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Masada looks like a dude who shows up at your dealers house and talks too loud

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

So he looks like a deathmatch wrestler.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
i like masada because the skewers are so fun and goofy. He also has that aura of, "i'm probably gonna gently caress up a move and hurt my opponent for real" that draws the eye.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Benne posted:

What's with everybody booking intergender matches this year? There's gonna be like 5 actual woman's matches the entire weekend at this rate.

exploded mummy posted:

The Beyond show's theme this year is going to be a card of intergender matches, so be warned if that bugs you.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

Lmfao

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

it hurts because its true

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

coconono posted:

it hurts because its true

He's an indie wrestler. They all look like that. Even Kenny Omega looks like, except he's talking too loud about how SICK the last episode of Dragonball Super was.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

masada has the most boring matches at TOD every year and his czw title match against strickland was one of the worst matches of 2017. if he could go like 7 minutes he'd be fine but he drags everything out its awful

heres this at least this is funny

http://mashedpotatoass.tumblr.com/post/172118442643/deathmatches-some-people-have-to-try-to-make

oatgan fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 23, 2018

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

ROH brought Masada in for a one off match a year or two ago and he loving sucked

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
I remember MASADA because he was the only white guy in that DDT 108 man Royal Rumble.

He was ok I guess.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/aiwrestling/status/976625616706564096

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fenix and Pentagon are #AllIn

https://twitter.com/PENTAELZEROM/status/976991327924695042

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
I still believe that they could have sold an extra 3000 tickets if they put a Park vs Rush match on the card, maybe more if it was something dumber like Park vs Wagner mask vs hair. Oh well.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

Wagner got like $250k for his mask and turned that into a new career as an Instagram model, his hair would cost more than the building rental

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Rumor is that MLW landed BeIN, a cable sports channel available on most major cable and satellite networks

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Luigi Thirty posted:

Rumor is that MLW landed BeIN, a cable sports channel available on most major cable and satellite networks

that loving owns

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Luigi Thirty posted:

"promoting sucks, I'd rather run a podcasting network"
"eh, ok I'll guess I'll do one more show"
"wow that went well guess we'll do a few more before it stops being fun"
"hey we're on TV now"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
The one MLW show I saw (Road to Heavyweight title) was good, I'm glad for 'em

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Luigi Thirty posted:

They'd better get Ray Hudson as their announcer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHBoKB7YbxA

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
And replace Schiavone?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

And replace Schiavone?

I hope not, he sounded like he was enjoying himself and actually seemed to care again.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
PWG Sold Out

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/977367661721001984

https://twitter.com/mayorNHL/status/977367601138434049

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

it looks badass

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

PWG is an actual indie now.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

PWG is an actual indie now.

Now if they could do a storyline another than "Beloved face wins strap and almost immediately turns heel" or "Large group runs roughshod", they'd REALLY be in business!

Mind you I say this but when they did deviate it was a somewhat uncomfortable storyline (Hero/Tornado/Candice)

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Now if they could do a storyline another than "Beloved face wins strap and almost immediately turns heel" or "Large group runs roughshod", they'd REALLY be in business!

Mind you I say this but when they did deviate it was a somewhat uncomfortable storyline (Hero/Tornado/Candice)

It’s almost as if nobody watches PWG for storylines and they know that.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

most regulars watch for arcs

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Is PWG on any of the various wrestling streaming services?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It’s on Highspots.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Aphrodite posted:

It’s on Highspots.

Is the turnaround for getting onto Highspots still like 8-10 months after the DVDs come out?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I don’t know the exact term but yeah it’s up there.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Pretty much, current latest show is Nice Boys Don't Play Rock N Roll.

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
my local fed has their own youtube show now! they started it with a royal rumble, composed of basically every wrestler in western canada because we only have like 20
i am somewhere off screen yelling MOOSE JAW
https://youtu.be/SqWHZ7EDQ7c

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjUOwS1ZFaY

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
The politics between WWN and MLW going forward will be something to monitor.

MLW has signed a TV deal with beIN SPORTS and that will be announced soon. And they are offering contracts of some variety - not sure of the terms exclusivity wise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Is MLW going to make Vince lose his mind like when World of Sport was coming back?