Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Neo Rasa posted:

Check out how many aliens are battled in the film Aliens. They only had six suits for the entire movie, incredible editing and sound work.

Probably conflating it with RE: Apocalypse which came out the year before. Its soundtrack CD was given to people when they pre-ordered RE4.

There's that old joke that James Cameron could film the fall of Rome with three guys and a tree or something.

thought nowadays, he could just demand the money to actually establish a trans-mediterranean empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Nowadays JC would fund the creation of a supercomputer that could render the whole army, while he refine his plan to mine space rocks.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Snowman_McK posted:

There's that old joke that James Cameron could film the fall of Rome with three guys and a tree or something.

thought nowadays, he could just demand the money to actually establish a trans-mediterranean empire.

quote:

Nowadays JC would fund the creation of a supercomputer that could render the whole army, while he refine his plan to mine space rocks.

All this while Gore Verbinski quietly weeps in a corner.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://twitter.com/TheRock/status/973248588925976577

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

:allears: The Rock is a national treasure and is too good for this awful world.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Oh, I'm going ot have to see this in the theater

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That trailer made me want to see the movie now. The first trailer was just the Rock screaming about George which made me laugh more than anything but now I'm down for this.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Funny these news drop after the lengthy discussion on SF the Movie

quote:

‘Street Fighter’ Video Game Franchise Gets TV Series Adaptation By eOne

Entertainment One/Mark Gordon has closed a deal to develop, produce and finance a TV series adaptation of the popular Street Fighter global video game franchise, with Joey Ansah, Jacqueline Quella and Mark Wooding, the team behind the live-action web series Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist, set to executive produce. eOne will handle international sales on the project.

Street Fighter the series will draw on the game’s World Warrior story-arc — introduced in the 1991 Street Fighter II: The World Warrior sequel to the original game — as the jumping off point, centering on four protagonists: Ryu, Ken, Guile and Chun-Li. Together, they fight to take down M. Bison, the evil mastermind who runs Shadaloo, a global criminal organization. Though on different journeys, our heroes’ paths will cross as they are drawn into the World Warrior Tournament, a competition devised by M. Bison to find the most powerful and capable fighter in the world. On the journey they come to share, they must draw on their strength, skills, intelligence and loyalty in a battle to survive and emerge as the World Warrior.

“Street Fighter is a global tour de force franchise, having garnered immense worldwide commercial success and built a vast devoted fanbase that has only grown through its 30 year legacy. We are thrilled to be teaming up with Joey, Jacqueline and Mark, who are already so deeply connected to this brand, to bring this adored story to television audiences everywhere,” said Mark Gordon, eOne’s President and Chief Content Officer, Film, Television and Digital. “A particular strength of Street Fighter is the wide range of ethnically diverse characters and powerful women featured in the game. It will allow us to build an inclusive and engaging TV universe.”

Developed and published by Capcom, Street Fighter is one of the most well-known and successful video game franchises. It has sold over 40 million software units since its initial arcade release in 1987 and is credited with establishing many of the conventions of the one-on-one fighting genre. More than three decades since its launch, Street Fighter remains one of Capcom’s best-selling software franchises, only behind Resident Evil and Monster Hunter. The latest installment in the franchise, Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition, is available now for PlayStation 4 and PC.

“After a long search, guided by the team behind Assassin’s Fist, we are delighted to be partnering with a company with the outstanding TV experience of Mark Gordon and eOne. They have the credentials to help us launch a faithful adaptation of Street Fighter as a major TV series,” said Yoshinori Ono, Capcom Executive Producer for Street Fighter.

Ansah previously wrote and directed the 12-episode live-action web series Street Fighter: Assassin’s Fist, which Wooding and Quella produced for Machinima. It generated 16 million viewers during its initial 2014 release and was hailed at the time as one of the best and most faithful adaptations of the gaming franchise to date.

Later that year, Capcom announced plans for a sequel, Street Fighter: World Warrior, with the same auspices. That idea likely subsequently morphed into a brand new TV series.

There have been other screen adaptation of Street Fighter, including a slew of animated series and features Street Fighter starring Jean-Claude Van Damme and Street Fighter: The Legend of Chun-Li starring Kristin Kreuk.

Street Fighter is one of first major new TV projects at eOne since Gordon became President and Chief Content Officer, Film, Television and Digital, Entertainment One in late January.

Gordon’s appointment came after eOne acquired the remaining 49% of his Mark Gordon Co. Other companies that have eOne backing include Brad Weston’s Makeready, a content creation venture Amblin Partners with Steven Spielberg, DreamWorks Studios, Participant Media, and Reliance Entertainment; as well as feature film production and global sales company Sierra Pictures.

http://deadline.com/2018/03/street-fighter-video-game-franchise-adapted-tv-series-entertainment-one-mark-gordon-1202352026/

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~
So there’s an upcoming movie about a REAL LIFE game of tag, called Tag. The kicker is the loving cast.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Trailer came out the other day. Looks pretty lame to me. It's just... Lame Dad: The Movie.

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

Instead of "the boring characters fight M. Bison's crime syndicate" they should have gone with "a What We Do in the Shadows-style mockumentary about what Blanka gets up to when he's not Street Fighting."

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Toss this on Netflix as a full season and I'll watch it. At least they're doing the tournament instead of whatever the hell they thought they were doing with the Chun Li movie.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

joylessdivision posted:

Toss this on Netflix as a full season and I'll watch it. At least they're doing the tournament instead of whatever the hell they thought they were doing with the Chun Li movie.

I dunno the last Netflix videogame series was pretty poo poo

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

feedmyleg posted:

Trailer came out the other day. Looks pretty lame to me. It's just... Lame Dad: The Movie.

I'll wait for a Netflix Sunday matinee

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Len posted:

I dunno the last Netflix videogame series was pretty poo poo

Castlevania? It was alright, got good at the end. If they make the next season which is already greenlighted more like the last episode of the first season it'll be really good.

Horrible Taste
Oct 12, 2012

ChickenMedium posted:

Instead of "the boring characters fight M. Bison's crime syndicate" they should have gone with "a What We Do in the Shadows-style mockumentary about what Blanka gets up to when he's not Street Fighting."

As of Street Fighter V, he lives with his mom in Brazil, is trying to get rich by selling little stuffed dolls of himself and his best friends are a failed martial arts instructor with a massive ego and a girl who is in love with a wandering hobo.

Horrible Taste fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Mar 23, 2018

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

It's looking like Chris Hemsworth wants to bring Taiki Waititi along with him for the Men in Black reboot.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Perfection.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

That is a very good idea.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
gently caress yes.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
But they already killed of Jemaine Clement's character, though.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Taika Waititi does need to save some time for We’re Wolves, though.

asecondduck
Feb 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

PriorMarcus posted:

It's looking like Chris Hemsworth wants to bring Taiki Waititi along with him for the Men in Black reboot.

Well hot drat that's a perfect fit.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Well I guess Ill watch MIB 4, fine hollywood.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

That would easily sway me from “not giving a poo poo” to “giving the maximum amount of poo poo possible” in one swoop.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
I'm watching Cowboys & Aliens and this movie has: Daniel Craig, Clancy Brown, Sam Rockwell, Olivia Wilde, Paul Dano, Keith Carradine, Harrison Ford, Walt Goggins, Toby Huss. If it didn't have the lovely sci-fi plot, this could've been such a cool western.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

I saw Tessa Thompson was rumored to also be circling the MIB reboot and I'm totally down with it being Ragnarok 2.0

I hope this animated Spice Girls are Superheroines movie becomes a reality because I want people to have to keep mentioning it as a thing that exists

http://variety.com/2018/film/news/spice-girls-animated-superhero-movie-1202734123/

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I could probably recite quotes from the spice girls movie and tbh i think ive been stockholm syndromd into wanting more.

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

davidspackage posted:

I'm watching Cowboys & Aliens and this movie has: Daniel Craig, Clancy Brown, Sam Rockwell, Olivia Wilde, Paul Dano, Keith Carradine, Harrison Ford, Walt Goggins, Toby Huss. If it didn't have the lovely sci-fi plot, this could've been such a cool western.

If I remember, Cowboys & Aliens has a weird production history, where the writer wanted to pitch that movie forever and made his comic for the sole purpose of pitching the movie.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

X-Ray Pecs posted:

If I remember, Cowboys & Aliens has a weird production history, where the writer wanted to pitch that movie forever and made his comic for the sole purpose of pitching the movie.

That's funny, because I got the comic when the movie came out and from what I remember (which is admittedly not much of either), they are extremely different.

Didn't Aronofsky do the same thing with The Fountain?

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Didn’t the movie option get picked up before the comic miniseries was actually finished? I thought I remembered reading something about that.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Neo Rasa posted:

I remember one of the designers talks about that in the Street Fighter: Eternal Challenge artbook from a long time ago.

Another one is Sagat and Ryu coming straight from some fighting manga I can't remember (not Grappler Baki).
I'd wager it's Riki-oh since Riki is a wandering bum warrior very similar to Ryu and one of the big bads is literally M. Bison.

Better effects than the fantastic 4 movie.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

PriorMarcus posted:

I can dig it.

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

Young Freud posted:

When you have Masami Obari direct, expect some pneumatic anime tiddy action. I think almost everything he's animated has had some bouncing breasts in it, save the transformation sequence for Convoy i.e. Optimus Prime in Gen1 Transformers

:same:

There really should have been a Studio Madhouse-produced anime for Darkstalkers.
There is a darkstalkers ova series I think it's the same studio that did the jojo ova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbxahpa5vm0

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

PriorMarcus posted:

Source? Google turns up nothing, and last I read F. Gary Gray was directing it.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Macksy posted:

There is a darkstalkers ova series I think it's the same studio that did the jojo ova
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbxahpa5vm0

Oh it's exactly what I wanted it to be. Wow

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Chairman Capone posted:

Didn't Aronofsky do the same thing with The Fountain?

What happened with The Fountain was that he tried to make it for years, with Brad Pitt as Tommy, but then it fell through. So he ended up publishing it as a comic.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Fart City posted:

Didn’t the movie option get picked up before the comic miniseries was actually finished? I thought I remembered reading something about that.

I think that's what happened with Oblivion (the sci-fi Tom Cruise movie)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

ChickenMedium posted:

Street Fighter Red Tape: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBIeL6Ot52KNc6o32LoddullcK_vpV1hT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Thanks a lot, I just had to watch most of these.