Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’ll give that a whirl despite the last few seasons of Workaholics really slipping in quality.

They're the only modern comics where I really like crude humor, and the movie is wayyyyyy more crude and explicit and also much funnier than workaholics has been in a while. It's also super violent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Miami Vice, season four. One thing I've noticed is how in the first two seasons, the police station would be hiving with people, but now there's maybe half a dozen guys in the background in those scenes. It's like how in the last season of True Blood nobody lived in Bon Temps except the main characters.

Anyway, it's really loving weird going from a very dark episode about Sonny having a breakdown after shooting a kid by accident while intervening in a domestic violence incident to one where James Brown (playing a character named Lou DeLong, who sang all of James Brown's songs in the Miami Vice universe) plays the leader of a UFO cult.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Timothy Olyphant has such great comedic chops.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Him playing a goony white sushi chef on the league was great

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Olyphant is probably one of the better guests on Conan.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
He's my biggest hetero crush. And he looks handsome as gently caress with that grey hair.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Wheat Loaf posted:

James Brown plays the leader of a UFO cult.

There was a real pop star who did that during the 70s'-90's, it may be a coincidence for Miami Vice though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Rhyno posted:

He's my biggest hetero crush. And he looks handsome as gently caress with that grey hair.

I think Darren Criss pushed me a whole number down the kinsey scale after American crime story

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah. When he’s doing the nervous smile and trying to come up with an excuse for whatever sketchy poo poo he’s doing it never fails to crack me up.

I finished S2 earlier today and it’s even better than S1.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

I think Darren Criss pushed me a whole number down the kinsey scale after American crime story
I never watched any Glee (aside from clips here and there), but after ACS, I want to see Darren Criss in so many more things :stwoon:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
yeah no poo poo, his uh... his acting talent has really uh... matured...

there's no way for this to not sound gay, but that's fine. yeah he was never special in Glee but gently caress he was so creepy and confident and just chewed scenery like a veteran actor, it was a thing to watch.

also, dat rear end.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Only seen the premiere of Santa Clarita so far but drat it was really cool and good

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Escobarbarian posted:

Only seen the premiere of Santa Clarita so far but drat it was really cool and good

It’s one of my favorite Netflix originals. The first season took some time to get going, but once it hit its stride, it was great. S2 really upped its game.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

That and Glow are my favorites

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Escobarbarian posted:

It just keeps getting better :allears:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Travelers season 2 really starts with a bang

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

His reaction in 204 to Ramona's ball is utterly perfect.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Karate Kid 3 is amazing because most of the movie is the main character whining about having to do karate and running away from fights and getting beat up.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Lurdiak posted:

Karate Kid 3 is amazing because most of the movie is the main character whining about having to do karate and running away from fights and getting beat up.

Karate Kid 3 is hilarious to me because John Kreese' old Vietnam buddy is younger than Ralph Macchio.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

RIP The Grinder

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I love the entire cast of Santa Clarita Diet.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Duke posted:

RIP The Grinder

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Lycus posted:

I love the entire cast of Santa Clarita Diet.

They really are perfect across the board. All of the supporting actors have enough comedic chops to carry scenes without Barrymore and Olyphant.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

He's amazing in the finale of Scream 2.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Is there a thread for Santa Clarita Diet? Because I need to fully express how pleased I am with the Ramona development in the premiere.

Season's off to a great start in general, I'm really happy this show lasted beyond the first one because it may have had some issues, but it was kind of amazing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Caught up on Fargo season 3. Why did people keep saying it was the worst one (to the point that I was put off from watching when it initially aired)? I thought it was incredible.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

esperterra posted:

Is there a thread for Santa Clarita Diet? Because I need to fully express how pleased I am with the Ramona development in the premiere.

Season's off to a great start in general, I'm really happy this show lasted beyond the first one because it may have had some issues, but it was kind of amazing.

There really should be. I’m stuck phoneposting or I would make one.

The Standups on Netflix has a new season and it’s loving dire again. I don’t know what I was expecting, S1 was garbage too. Kinane’s was good, and I managed to finish Feinstein’s, but I noped out of 4 of the 6 episodes halfway through or earlier.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

My body, my ball, my choice.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Altered Carbon is such a mixed bag. Halo from BSG was loving delightful and apparently he doesn't make it past the first ep (still on the first ep). The main guy is also a good actor, but the female lead is pretty much the worst actor for a wide variety of reasons I've ever seen in any mainstream TV production.

Please let me like you Altered Carbon.

e: It's such a determinedly weird show, you can't help but appreciate it. They've gotta do a better job of valuing the acting though.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Steve2911 posted:

Caught up on Fargo season 3. Why did people keep saying it was the worst one (to the point that I was put off from watching when it initially aired)? I thought it was incredible.

I think it’s probably because on the surface it’s the most unpleasant and least entertaining. I honestly couldn’t really stand watching Varga on screen, deliberate as that may be. But it’s probably the season with the most thematic depth and stuff to say.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Re: Fargo S3, the problem for me is I just didn't care about any of the characters. Nothing about the season was bad, it was just...stuff that happened to some people.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Laterite posted:

Re: Fargo S3, the problem for me is I just didn't care about any of the characters. Nothing about the season was bad, it was just...stuff that happened to some people.

Escobarbarian posted:

I think it’s probably because on the surface it’s the most unpleasant and least entertaining. I honestly couldn’t really stand watching Varga on screen, deliberate as that may be. But it’s probably the season with the most thematic depth and stuff to say.

Fair enough. I adored Nikki and Varga as characters but I guess YMMV. :shrug:

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
They're barely developed as actual characters, though. They're just archetypes.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Santa Clarita Diet s2 was great

Realators

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Steve2911 posted:

I thought it was the best season of the three, but everyone else here thought it was garbage.

OldSenileGuy
Mar 13, 2001

precision posted:

I thought it was the best season of the three, but everyone else here thought it was garbage.

It was easily my favorite of the three as well.

Also, for a bonus unpopular opinion, I thought season two was garbage.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
All y'all Ianucci fans need to go out and see The Death of Stalin right the gently caress now, it's the best thing he's ever done.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Shageletic posted:

Altered Carbon is such a mixed bag. Halo from BSG was loving delightful and apparently he doesn't make it past the first ep (still on the first ep). The main guy is also a good actor, but the female lead is pretty much the worst actor for a wide variety of reasons I've ever seen in any mainstream TV production.

Please let me like you Altered Carbon.

e: It's such a determinedly weird show, you can't help but appreciate it. They've gotta do a better job of valuing the acting though.

Pro Tip, don't focus on plot holes or bad writing. It's your window to depression. It's a solid show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm having a weird problem with Netflix right now where it seems like some things are just randomly not playing. I was in the middle of a movie when it stopped and now when I try again it gives me an error. I tried something else and got the same error but then I tried a third thing and it loaded. So I have no clue what's going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Altered Carbon is good but Travelers is better so watch that first if you haven't