Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Basic Chunnel posted:

These Ciampa segments are wasted on full sail

Everything is wasted on Full Sail

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Basic Chunnel posted:

These Ciampa segments are wasted on full sail

They're still in Atlanta, which is why the crowd is actually making noise

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Isn't next week the go home? I feel there is a bunch of stuff backlogged in the tapings that are going to end up on the cutting floor

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

achillesforever6 posted:

Isn't next week the go home? I feel there is a bunch of stuff backlogged in the tapings that are going to end up on the cutting floor

There's two episodes left

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Benne posted:

There's two episodes left
Huh I thought WM weekend was Easter weekend for some reason

Benne posted:

They're still in Atlanta, which is why the crowd is actually making noise
Nah this is full sail you can see Izzy, plus the usual Full Sail twitter crowd had live pics from this episode.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah, there are two episodes left, and they'll probably tape one episode before Takeover: New Orleans (probably some filler matches + recap show), as they have another set of tapings the week after Wrestlemania.

And just for reference, the next Takeover after New Orleans is Takeover: Chicago II on June 16th, which will take place the day before Money in the Bank. I fully expect that Takeover to be fairly middle of the road in terms of quality (at least for a Takeover show), simply because Takeover: Brooklyn is in August, and is NXT's Wrestlemania according to Triple H.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Mar 22, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Between the tag match, Cole/Ohno and surprise Johnny that was the best episode of NXT in ages

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

DarkstarIV posted:

And just for reference, the next Takeover after New Orleans is Takeover: Chicago II on June 16th, which will take place the day before Money in the Bank. I fully expect that Takeover to be fairly middle of the road in terms of quality (at least for a Takeover show), simply because Takeover: Brooklyn is in August, and is NXT's Wrestlemania according to Triple H.

So does that make the Mania Takeover their Royal Rumble or Summerslam or what? Because its always a huge show that blows off long term storylines.

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

DarkstarIV posted:

It probably won't get the storyline build of the others, but match quality is usually excellent no matter when Takeovers take place.

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 08:38 on Mar 23, 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I'm just blindly guessing/speculating here, but here's what I imagine three of the title matches will be at Takeover: Chicago.

NXT Tag Titles: TUE vs War Machine (assuming they debut on TV any time soon)

NXT Women's Championship: Shayna Baszler vs Dakota Kai (I don't see Ember winning at Takeover NOLA, and they'll probably do her rematch during a taping, because I don't think this feud has another 2-3 months of life in it)

NXT Title: Black (c) vs Almas in a rematch. Or that rear end in a top hat Ciampa.

In other news, it seems like Kairi is no longer doing the elbow drop at house shows. She's been breaking out the Ikari. Also she dyed her hair some really bright pink/blond color and it really bothers me for some reason. :(

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/976979442860949506

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I'm ok with Kairi saving the elbow for big moments so she can still walk in her 40s

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

IcePhoenix posted:

I'm ok with Kairi saving the elbow for big moments so she can still walk in her 40s
Hopefully Kairi doesn't show up in a behind the scenes videos with Vince egging her on to puke before she's wheelchair bound

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

DarkstarIV posted:

I'm just blindly guessing/speculating here, but here's what I imagine three of the title matches will be at Takeover: Chicago.

NXT Tag Titles: TUE vs War Machine (assuming they debut on TV any time soon)

NXT Women's Championship: Shayna Baszler vs Dakota Kai (I don't see Ember winning at Takeover NOLA, and they'll probably do her rematch during a taping, because I don't think this feud has another 2-3 months of life in it)

NXT Title: Black (c) vs Almas in a rematch. Or that rear end in a top hat Ciampa.

In other news, it seems like Kairi is no longer doing the elbow drop at house shows. She's been breaking out the Ikari. Also she dyed her hair some really bright pink/blond color and it really bothers me for some reason. :(

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/976979442860949506

The Dusty finals are on tv week before Takeover so I assume TUE gets shuttered wins the tournament.

deadkiller615
Aug 7, 2007
yea, I kill dead stuff. so what?

https://twitter.com/_StarDESTROYER/status/976955378805215233

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
WWE has some new merch up for NXT people.

https://twitter.com/WWEShop/status/976216914811871234

Don't read the replies though, a lot of people are PISSED that Shayna is getting her first t-shirt before the Iconic Duo, Kairi, etc. Shayna is likely walking out of Takeover: New Orleans as champion, which is probably why. I imagine once Shayna is about to lose the title, whoever takes it from her will get some new merch.

Also that Velveteen Dream T-Shirt is bad.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

No it’s perfect.

Except for the back as usual.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Roddy's shirt is appropriately the most generic thing

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Velveteen Dream shirt should have been his silhouette with purple raining fireworks in the background (think Orton's old entrance but purple).

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Were those Iconic shirts they always wear never for sale or something?

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

loving perfect.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

DarkstarIV posted:

Don't read the replies though, a lot of people are PISSED that Shayna is getting her first t-shirt before the Iconic Duo, Kairi, etc. Shayna is likely walking out of Takeover: New Orleans as champion, which is probably why. I imagine once Shayna is about to lose the title, whoever takes it from her will get some new merch.

She looks like Glenn Danzig in that photo.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

sportsgenius86 posted:

Were those Iconic shirts they always wear never for sale or something?

They were never for sale, as far as I know.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Dango Bango posted:

Velveteen Dream shirt should have been his silhouette with purple raining fireworks in the background (think Orton's old entrance but purple).

Velveteen Dream's shirt should have built-in speakers that play his theme music non-stop.

As you drift off to sleep at night, you hear the faint refrain from your chest of drawers, "D-R-E-A-M is..."

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZPW0udKWLw

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

DarkstarIV posted:

Excuse me but https://shop.wwe.com/kairi-sane-rob-schamberger-art-print-t-shirt/1S1001.html

YeehawMcKickass
Jan 2, 2003

WE WELCOME THE OPPRESSORS

Dammit, Otis! Stop being so drat endearing.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

So...how hosed up is Oney Lorcan right now? The Dusty Classic match was 90% Danny Burch and whenever Oney was in the ring he was taking next to no bumps & when he did they were sideways like Flair's. Is he hurt or am I just imagining things?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

rovert posted:

Oney’s health situation is a very delicate matter and something a lot of people close to him have sat on and kept private out of respect for his career and him personally. It has been a real rollercoaster and initially, things were extremely bleak.

The best way I can describe what his situation is now as a wrestler is that he’s the definition of hurt but not injured. He can wrestle if given reasonable prior notice. However, surgery and a long layoff will be inevitable, unfortunately. That’s all I can say and be fair to everyone about it. Up to him, WWE or a journalist to say more.

Re the Tweet he is more likely to wrestle in the 205 Live tournament than the NXT tapings this week.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

oldskool posted:

So...how hosed up is Oney Lorcan right now? The Dusty Classic match was 90% Danny Burch and whenever Oney was in the ring he was taking next to no bumps & when he did they were sideways like Flair's. Is he hurt or am I just imagining things?

What Super No Vacancy reposted.

And and this isn't back patting session but this time last year I was hitting the idea hard on here that Ciampa's injuries were really significant in contrast to what was understood/reported at the time:

https://twitter.com/ProjectCiampa/status/977220836057927680

But at least with Ciampa he had a discernable end point to was Wrestling towards - the heel turn on Garango.

I think Oney is wrestling out of a need/hope NXT finally loving re-signs Burch.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Yeah, the proceeds for those shirts don't go to Kairi. They go to charity apparently. Same with the art prints.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lots of NXT talent has had the art print stuff, including Billie and Peyton.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Yeah I think if I understand the complaints correctly, its that the people in question are upset that their favorites aren't getting new actual t-shirts because said favorite gets a cut of the merch sale, however minor it would be. Also getting a new t-shirt is generally a signal of some sort of success.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Of course they haven't been on TV for like 3 sets of tapings now so it's hardly surprising they didn't get one yet.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Aphrodite posted:

Of course they haven't been on TV for like 3 sets of tapings now so it's hardly surprising they didn't get one yet.

Yup, but hey at least look at it this way. As bad as WWE shirts are, they aren't as bad as Tenille's (Emma) new shirts!!

:nws: I guess? I mean its really not, but it's still not a shirt you would want to wear in public!
https://www.prowrestlingtees.com/pu...hwood1005_1.png

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Push Heavy Machinery.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

Yup, but hey at least look at it this way. As bad as WWE shirts are, they aren't as bad as Tenille's (Emma) new shirts!!

:nws: I guess? I mean its really not, but it's still not a shirt you would want to wear in public!

...Uh, if this is how she's marketing herself, why the gently caress was she against Emmalina?

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010

I thought Chris Farley was dead, but it turns out he was just bulking this whole time. :stare:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

DarkstarIV posted:

Ask a random stranger on the street what this person does for a a living, and "pro wrestler" would be like their 86th guess

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Gaz-L posted:

...Uh, if this is how she's marketing herself, why the gently caress was she against Emmalina?
At a guess? She had less leeway to peddle laxative teas and whatever other amway scams you can make money off of as an Instagram hardbody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

At a guess? She had less leeway to peddle laxative teas and whatever other amway scams you can make money off of as an Instagram hardbody

With the way most Americans eat, who needs laxatives??

• Locked thread