Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

good luck on your never ending quest to be banned from all UK topics

I’m not personally banned from discussing any topics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
gently caress off pissmech

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

gently caress off pissmech

Try making your post again with different words it might make sense next time.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Sassflaps

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001
I don't think we need much more said on the topic of pissflaps being a bad poster, particularly as he seems more than eager to prove it unprompted.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Nonsense posted:

Brexit was a russian project. That Smith sacking isn't a good look

What a stellar take.

If you are a cabinet or shadow cabinet member you agree to collective responsibility. If the cabinet does poo poo you don't like on a topic that is regarded as closed you suck it up or you resign ala Robin Cook in 2003, stepping down to protest the Iraq War. Can't have it both ways or you get asked to resign.

Smith knew what he was doing. It won't work.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

forkboy84 posted:

What a stellar take.

If you are a cabinet or shadow cabinet member you agree to collective responsibility. If the cabinet does poo poo you don't like on a topic that is regarded as closed you suck it up or you resign ala Robin Cook in 2003, stepping down to protest the Iraq War. Can't have it both ways or you get asked to resign.

Do you think it’s a good look that thinking single market membership is a good idea is a sackable offence?

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

Enforcing party discipline is indeed a good look

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I like that the Israeli Ministry of Strategic Affairs has poisoned the well to the point that criticising bankers is anti-semetic.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

forkboy84 posted:

What a stellar take.

Saw it in the Grauniad

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

I like that the Israeli Ministry of Strategic Affairs has poisoned the well to the point that criticising bankers is anti-semetic.
hmm yes calling a mural with hook nosed illuminati bankers on it quite probably antisemitic is a mossad plot lol very good.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Mossad tricked Jeremy into liking the antisemitic mural on Facebook

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Byolante posted:

Antisemitism is not the fault of Jewish people, the victims are not to blame.

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 21:33 on Mar 24, 2018

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

the bibi defender has logged on

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jBrereton posted:

hmm yes calling a mural with hook nosed illuminati bankers on it quite probably antisemitic is a mossad plot lol very good.

I mean its not like Spitting Images existed and used the same imagery as the mural to depict UK elites.

Or that there was an expose last year showing that the strategic affairs ministry has operatives all over the world working with centrists and fash to destroy the left because it is the main source for support of BDS.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/uk-committee-investigate-israeli-embassy-scandal-170129173333350.html

But keep on doing that gently caress the left dance.

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.

Byolante posted:

I mean its not like Spitting Images existed and used the same imagery as the mural to depict UK elites.

Or that there was an expose last year showing that the strategic affairs ministry has operatives all over the world working with centrists and fash to destroy the left because it is the main source for support of BDS.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2017/01/uk-committee-investigate-israeli-embassy-scandal-170129173333350.html

davie steel is such a wee cutie

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
just came here to post lol at baby owen getting loving canned and then bitching about it

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Byolante posted:

The right response to "Israel fighting against antisemitism all over the world" is to stop being antisemitic.

Leftism doesn't provide a cloak of respectability for antisemitism, it just stains and debases itself.

Antisemitism isnt a vital part of leftism, get rid of it.

hakimashou has issued a correction as of 01:58 on Mar 25, 2018

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich

jBrereton posted:

It may be the facial hair, but I don't actually see the hook noses on those bankers. It's idiotic because lol the Illuminati, they got nothing on MJ12 and will all die from the Grey Death. But, to my untrained eye, I feel like those were generic white guy bankers.

I am not invested in this position. If I'm wrong just show me why. I am thoroughly anti-anti-semite.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I don’t understand what is going on. I’m going out for some fish and chips and I’ll try to understand

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Byolante posted:

Without getting into Tory programme Spitting Image and the drawn-out effects of centuries-long British antisemitism on what constitutes our image of the physical characteristics of "The Elite" cf. how closely it resembles them rather than being a deflection, you can be disappointed by Jeremy Corbyn liking a dubious mural without having twenty sodastreams, a huge gently caress off pile of Jaffa oranges from stolen land, and an I Love Bibi poster right above your Vote Owen Smith mug.

I want J Corbz to be a success, because this government is absolute garbage and I support at least most of his views on things. The party constantly getting embarrassed by stupid poo poo he's done that he then half-heartedly apologises for, because he both can't commit to actually apologising and nor is he completely sure what he did was fine, is an annoying pattern that I think he's going to be doomed to stay in until he's replaced sometime in the early 2020s.

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I feel sorry for piss flaps' kids, they can't put him on an ignore list :(

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

oliwan posted:

I feel sorry for piss flaps' kids, they can't put him on an ignore list :(

This is loving creepy and weird

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

passflips defanse squid has signed on

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

There're plenty of things to rip flaps for without getting into creepy family poo poo.

One of those things being how flaps chat is a thread ruining black hole, so I'm out

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
united kumdump: the pissflaps containement zone

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Barry Foster posted:

There're plenty of things to rip flaps for without getting into creepy family poo poo.

One of those things being how flaps chat is a thread ruining black hole, so I'm out

you’ll be back

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

jBrereton posted:

Without getting into Tory programme Spitting Image and the drawn-out effects of centuries-long British antisemitism on what constitutes our image of the physical characteristics of "The Elite" cf. how closely it resembles them rather than being a deflection, you can be disappointed by Jeremy Corbyn liking a dubious mural without having twenty sodastreams, a huge gently caress off pile of Jaffa oranges from stolen land, and an I Love Bibi poster right above your Vote Owen Smith mug.

I want J Corbz to be a success, because this government is absolute garbage and I support at least most of his views on things. The party constantly getting embarrassed by stupid poo poo he's done that he then half-heartedly apologises for, because he both can't commit to actually apologising and nor is he completely sure what he did was fine, is an annoying pattern that I think he's going to be doomed to stay in until he's replaced sometime in the early 2020s.

The problem is they don't really look like Jewish caricatures though. I am extremely sceptical of a outwardly pro-israel, blairite, PLP traitor caucus MP who stumbles upon something lost to the sands of time that may in the loosest sense be considered anti-Semitic. It reeks of the same poo poo the Israeli embassy has been doing for years to supporters of BDS.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Byolante posted:

The problem is they don't really look like Jewish caricatures though. I am extremely sceptical of a outwardly pro-israel, blairite, PLP traitor caucus MP who stumbles upon something lost to the sands of time that may in the loosest sense be considered anti-Semitic. It reeks of the same poo poo the Israeli embassy has been doing for years to supporters of BDS.

They really do look like antisemitic caricatures.

Tacky-Ass Rococco
Sep 7, 2010

by R. Guyovich
Do they? Cut out the worst example and post that to demonstrate your point.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I feel that if these people accusing of Jeremy of antisemitism would just read the Chakrabarti report then they'd stop.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pissflaps posted:

I feel that if these people accusing of Jeremy of antisemitism would just read the Chakrabarti report then they'd stop.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
this guy has said an apology from corbyn isn't enough and he needs to be disciplined lol

https://twitter.com/GideonFalter/status/961671339777159168

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Tacky-rear end Rococco posted:

It may be the facial hair, but I don't actually see the hook noses on those bankers. It's idiotic because lol the Illuminati, they got nothing on MJ12 and will all die from the Grey Death. But, to my untrained eye, I feel like those were generic white guy bankers.

I am not invested in this position. If I'm wrong just show me why. I am thoroughly anti-anti-semite.

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/entry/jeremy-corbyn-urged-to-meet-labour-mps-as-jewish-groups-plan-protest-at-his-stance-on-anti-semitism-jewish-leadership-council-board-of-deputies-of-british-jews-valerie-vaz_uk_5ab88e6ce4b0decad04b6eaa posted:

When he was criticised for the content of the mural, Ockerman had written: “Some of the older white Jewish folk in the local community had an issue with me portraying their beloved #Rothschild or #Warburg etc as the demons they are.”

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

when you're accusing your party of a stalinist purge and peers on the opposite bench are calling it politics as usual for any party, it might be time to dial it back

https://twitter.com/Dannythefink/status/977267187059757059?s=19

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

but you see hes a leftist and therefore every decision is based on what would Stalin/Mao/Hoxha do

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
We've seen in this very forum there's a serious effort by neoliberals to try to paint any kind of anti-rich/anti-inequality sentiment as antisemitism. It's all kinds of ugly, and luckily not really working.

I've mentioned before it seems a result of how liberals and neoliberals ultimately act within the same paradigm as conservatives and even outright fascists, with very similar consensus on the same worldview, just different results and opinions drawn from it.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Hating bankers and rich folk is fine just do it because they are bankers and rich folk not because of the faith or ethnicity they might have.

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

hakimashou posted:

The right response to "Israel fighting against antisemitism all over the world" is to stop being antisemitic.

Leftism doesn't provide a cloak of respectability for antisemitism, it just stains and debases itself.

Antisemitism isnt a vital part of leftism, get rid of it.

solidarity against oppressors is however a vital part of leftism. Anti-Zionism isn’t anti-semitism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lol

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/978256647691874305