Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Is the story in Steamworld Dig remotely interesting or should you just play it for the gameplay and nothing else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Itsmore interesting than the extreme fail story in axiom.
A lot of cute characters

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

Anyone here love/hate Riptide GP? It kind of seems like it would scratch the arcade racing/jet moto itch.

Or should I just sit and pray for Crusin’ Blast?

Fancy Hat!
Dec 5, 2003

In spite of how he's dressed, he ain't nobody's fool.
Anyone enjoy Aegis Defenders? Its on sale so I'd like to give it a shot.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

idgi :(

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Want VRally now

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!
It's loss

:. :;

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Ultimate Mango posted:

Anyone here love/hate Riptide GP? It kind of seems like it would scratch the arcade racing/jet moto itch.

Or should I just sit and pray for Crusin’ Blast?

I like it. It's very much a mobile game port, but it definitely feels like a cheap arcade Wave Race Jet Moto thing, which is good. I think I paid $5 for it?

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

loss.jpg

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Eh, that’s reaching a bit but I see it now. A decade of loss jokes have rotted all our brains.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
It's not the real Nintendo account. It's definitely intended to be loss

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

goferchan posted:

It's not the real Nintendo account. It's definitely intended to be loss

Fooled again.:argh:

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Talking metroidvanias: Hollow Knight may've been delayed again, but which is better: HK or Steamworld Dig 2? If I were to buy one which one should it be?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

God I just remembered Okami is coming out for the Switch later.

gently caress 2018 is gonna be hard on the ol wallet

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Talking metroidvanias: Hollow Knight may've been delayed again, but which is better: HK or Steamworld Dig 2? If I were to buy one which one should it be?

Buy Steamworld Dig 2 now
Hollow Knight later

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

We are never getting another Wave a Race or Jet Moto, are we?

Crusin’ Blast! Or another real arcade racer would be okay. But I’ll look for Riptide on sale for now.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
Unforunately arcade racing type games are dead in the water. The last time a company tried something, it bombed.

I think it was.. Blur?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Ultimate Mango posted:

We are never getting another Wave a Race or Jet Moto, are we?

Crusin’ Blast! Or another real arcade racer would be okay. But I’ll look for Riptide on sale for now.

Someone please release San Francisco Rush on all the consoles

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Shindragon posted:

Unforunately arcade racing type games are dead in the water. The last time a company tried something, it bombed.

I think it was.. Blur?

Port Burnout Paradise Remastered to the Switch

Alternatively a new Wave Race but with Sea of Thieves' Wave Tech (About the only good thing going for it)

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
I've got Riptide. Can confirm its fun. Was heavily discounted when I got it though so dunno what full price is or if it's worth that

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

i d
g i :(

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

:perfect:

E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
Mummy demastered or whatever it supposed to be good

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Debating if it's worth it to get Sonic Mania on Switch now or just wait until the new rerelease comes out at the end of the summer.

I'm only debating it because I already own it on Steam and I'm not that desperate to play it portably right now, which would be about the only benefit I'd get from the Switch version.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I'd say just wait, it sounds like you aren't in a rush so why not?

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug

Real hurthling! posted:

Itsmore interesting than the extreme fail story in axiom.
A lot of cute characters

Yeah the character designs are good and the sprite work is phenomenal so even though the story is thin it's enjoyable

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Fancy Hat! posted:

Anyone enjoy Aegis Defenders? Its on sale so I'd like to give it a shot.

I played the first 2 hours or so and had fun. I don't think I've ever played tower defense games so maybe it won't be as novel to others but I thought having a 'defend this spot' segment in lieu of a boss fight at the end of a platformer level was cool. The characters and art have been good too so far

Knorth fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Mar 26, 2018

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

E2M2 posted:

Mummy demastered or whatever it supposed to be good

At launch it was decent with two incredibly bad design choices (constantly respawning medusa head enemies and no easy way of getting your health back without spending minutes farming enemies) that pretty much ruined it, supposedly it's been patched to improve those now but I haven't played it again to check.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos

Infinitum posted:

Port Burnout Paradise Remastered to the Switch

I keep forgetting about Burnout Paradise. Good game.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Anyone ever have any luck playing online with NAT Type D? I’m in a hotel and that’s what they got.

So far not so good.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Internet Kraken posted:

Is the story in Steamworld Dig remotely interesting or should you just play it for the gameplay and nothing else?

There really isn't much of a story, but the characters are charming and there is a lore to it all. Like if you play Dig, Dig 2, and Heist, there is a definite chronology and you can link events. One interesting connection between Heist and Dig 2 is the DLC character from Heist is your sidekick buddy in Dig 2.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

The Wii Shop is about to shut down the ability to add funds to your account in a few hours. You’ll still have almost another year to actually use those funds so add now if you want to buy some of those games before you can’t anymore.

Queen_Combat
Jan 15, 2011

Shindragon posted:

I keep forgetting about Burnout Paradise. Good game.

TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY

DOUBLE CLICK HERE
Feb 5, 2005
WA3
HEY HEY YOU YOU I DON'T LIKE YOUR GIRLFRIEND!

VROOM VROOM

SWITCH TO GEAR #76

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
What odds do you guys put on Switch getting an EDF game?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

WHY BONER NOW posted:

What odds do you guys put on Switch getting an EDF game?

gently caress, that would be perfect.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

Someone please release San Francisco Rush on all the consoles

It's loving terrible that not a single game in this trilogy has been re-released in some fashion. I spent 48% of my childhood playing all three Rush games and they were fantastic

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Metal Geir Skogul posted:

TAKE ME DOWN TO THE PARADISE CITY

Analog triggers

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

g0lbez posted:

It's loving terrible that not a single game in this trilogy has been re-released in some fashion. I spent 48% of my childhood playing all three Rush games and they were fantastic

They are so goddamn good. I’ve sunk hundreds of hours into them. I buy every 3rd party n64 controller I see just to try it with rush to try to get a little better control than the stock stick. I am actively mad at my local arcade for letting their four linked Rush cabinets fall into disrepair. One of my bucket list items is to own at least a dual Rush cab setup, hopefully a quad cab.

Rush is life, life is Rush.

It was ported to a bunch of platforms in Midway Arcade Treasures 3 but the physics are wonky so it sucks.

The definitive ways to play are arcade cabs, N64, or MAME, the only platforms that preserve the physics.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Real hurthling! posted:

Analog triggers

It’s not a big deal not having them for Rocket League. Port that poo poo.

Yet another game I have but haven’t touched on PC that I would play on Switch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

That arcade game is on my man cave list for someday when I can afford a house with a basement big enough to have a man cave...

• Locked thread