Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Tim Whatley posted:

Ol VPN worked like a charm. I heard that if I host a Co op my partner doesn't gain progress. Is that true?

Not story progress. No concrete word on XP/weapon progress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Tim Whatley posted:

Ol VPN worked like a charm. I heard that if I host a Co op my partner doesn't gain progress. Is that true?

Morter posted:

Not story progress. No concrete word on XP/weapon progress.

Mission progress won't carry over for your partner. Weapon and perk progression will.

Also, your coop partner won't be able to stray too far from you and only the host will be able to initiate fast travel.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Who do you think will be the more fanatical cult: Eden's Gate or everyone who won't buy the game solely because of Denuvo :xd:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Tumble posted:

"Serious" action game plots almost always fall flat because of the nature of open-world games. You can't have a character gunning down tons of people and still try to keep the stakes somewhat realistic. Like, you can't really buy the struggles of Lincoln "attempting" to take control of a criminal empire because the dude wipes out hundreds and hundreds bad guys without breaking a sweat. By the end of the third mission nobody would still be trying to gently caress with him.

Trevor from GTA V is the only character at all congruent with open-world gameplay and the amount of mayhem that goes on with them.

Games shouldn't be limited to making you play as a psycho to justify the number of people you kill. Oh no Nathan Drake has shot 500 guys chasing a treasure! You'd be bored stupid if you killed, like, a dozen.

People whined about how you couldn't run people over or draw your gun anywhere in LA Noire and poo poo, even in that game you end up killing a lot of bad guys.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013
Re: The ending

The resist one is not only the good ending but is also completely literal. Why? Because it leads into blood dragon of course! Can't have cybercommandos without the post-apocalypse.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Thanks!

bubbapook
Jan 14, 2008

Jesus christ this car chase loses some of its thrill when you have to replay it six loving times

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Tim Whatley posted:

for uplay im assuming?

Noirex
May 30, 2006

People posting ending spoilers, did you all start playing a few days ago with a physical copy and it's that short or did you watch it on Youtube?

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

It is both annoying and good that there seem to be like "event nodes" everywhere. You might come across a quad with an elite and a grunt playing footsie and kill them. Move over a nearby rise following a fluffy tailed dog then come back and now its a caged animal and a couple guys pokin' at it. Chase a deer into the trees next to the same clearing and come back and now its a flamethrower guy torching a cage that might have had people in it...

If you are the type to clear EVERYTHING you see I think this will send you insane. But if you can walk past a cultist drowning a backpacker when you are on the way to a mission, it should mean you are always near some action. Just don't spend too much time in one place.

Ambihelical Hexnut
Aug 5, 2008
14/23GB on my crappy wifi extender. GO FASTER! :byobear:

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Noirex posted:

People posting ending spoilers, did you all start playing a few days ago with a physical copy and it's that short or did you watch it on Youtube?

I ended up having the ending spoiled for me by a jackass, actually.

Noirex
May 30, 2006

NewMars posted:

I ended up having the ending spoiled for me by a jackass, actually.

Yikes, that sucks. I'm staying far away from Youtube for this reason. I heard there's already ending spoiler thumbnails from LPers. At least the game doesn't seem that ridiculously short I guess.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Tumble posted:

"Serious" action game plots almost always fall flat because of the nature of open-world games. You can't have a character gunning down tons of people and still try to keep the stakes somewhat realistic. Like, you can't really buy the struggles of Lincoln "attempting" to take control of a criminal empire because the dude wipes out hundreds and hundreds bad guys without breaking a sweat. By the end of the third mission nobody would still be trying to gently caress with him.

Trevor from GTA V is the only character at all congruent with open-world gameplay and the amount of mayhem that goes on with them.

I think that's a very limited interpretation of open world games. there's nothing at all incongruous about Aloy in the world of Horizon or Geralt in that of the Witcher. games can be "open world" without giving you the option to start randomly murdering every NPC you encounter

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

Noirex posted:

Yikes, that sucks. I'm staying far away from Youtube for this reason. I heard there's already ending spoiler thumbnails from LPers. At least the game doesn't seem that ridiculously short I guess.

Yeah, worst part is it put me off buying the game itself, at least for a good while.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Dead Like Rev posted:

for uplay im assuming?

Yes indeed

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
i just got home from work and steam is still saying this game isn't released

what the poo poo

e: oh it's tomorrow. ugh.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

NewMars posted:

Yeah, worst part is it put me off buying the game itself, at least for a good while.

there was another dude up thread who explained the endings better.

Archonex posted:

It's not even that. Don't read any of this if you want to be spoiled on the huge twist.

So you moused over it. Shame on you for a lack of impulse control. It's gonna be a long explanation to go over all the little inconsistencies. Fair warning:

If you pay close attention during the rest of the game it becomes apparent that the nuclear apocalypse you play through is most likely a hallucination. The same special effects are briefly visible as when you're on Bliss, you're in the company of a sociopath that has been and was ranting about the coming apocalypse for the entire game, and said sociopath literally set up the precise situation where people would hallucinate the end of the world if they were drugged when he was taken down. Said hallucinatory drugs turn out to be capable of inducing suggestibility in it's subjects. Notably, you get dosed on it moments before the fight by the villain.

When defeated the villain literally quotes the part of Revelations that announces the end of the beginning of the world...which happens moments before all hell breaks loose. Tellingly, there's no indication that you're succumbing to radiation poisoning (or not just being torn apart by the radioactive shockwaves) despite a quite frankly unrealistic amount of nukes bombarding the place. The one guy that wasn't dosed by it and could set things straight that you were just tripping balls is murdered by the bad guy by the time you wake up, and the villain himself smirks moments before the group starts playing into a shared hallucination.

This is on top of the other main ending, where it becomes apparent that his talk about not making martyrs of your family after you martyred his was all bullshit. The dude was going to either kill you all or get a replacement family one way or another. Because he's the sort of person who justifies his bullshit by saying that if he got away with doing something bad then it was god's will that it should be so. Hell, that's basically a fundamental part of the Seed family's moral myopia.

So the resist ending is most likely in reality this: You won. No bones about it. You arrested the bad guy and his cult is straight up demolished to the point where it's non-functional. Unfortunately all your friends are dead and you're literally locked in a nuclear bunker with a lunatic who believes the world has ended. It's gonna be awkward for anyone in the cult left outside in the compound who comes down from their apocalyptic high and realizes that the world is still there. But they'll either double down like real apocalyptic cultists tend to do or wise the gently caress up and go to jail. The only possible big downside to this ending is that said bad guy may try to restart the cult by brainwashing you as one of his lieutenants. Though it's doubtful he has many of the nastier tools to do so given where he is and all the damage you've done to his operation. Plus, he's probably not going to want to gently caress you up too bad.

You are his child, after all.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Soul Glo posted:

i just got home from work and steam is still saying this game isn't released

what the poo poo

e: oh it's tomorrow. ugh.

It says on the Steam store page unlocks in less than an hour. Is this not right?

Orv
May 4, 2011

Bloodplay it again posted:

It says on the Steam store page unlocks in less than an hour. Is this not right?

29 minutes.

alarumklok
Jun 30, 2012

I wish they hadn't used the cop out of mind drugs and instead tried to go into some (extremely shallow because it's Ubi but I'll loving take it) depth on cult induction, because it's a subject matter that really should be further explored and talked about even if it's just in games form, but otherwise it's a pretty good game!

Hurk and I creating mini-Ragnarok with RPGs while Cheeseburger runs off and mauls some dumbass sniper so he can get that post-battle petting is loving great

Orv
May 4, 2011
Should be unpackable on Steam/launchable on Uplay now.

386-SX 25Mhz VGA
Jan 14, 2003

(C) American Megatrends Inc.,

Orv posted:

Should be unpackable on Steam/launchable on Uplay now.
yup, unpacking now. I had to restart Steam

edit: unpacking is stupid slow for whatever reason, seems like just wiping out the pre-load and re-downloading it will be faster on a fast connection

386-SX 25Mhz VGA fucked around with this message at 05:07 on Mar 27, 2018

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Aw yiss, time to give it a whirl for about an hour until my cold meds kick in.

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

I have an extra UPlay code if anyone wants this game. Like $45?

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
there we go, ready to play in the morning

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

sellouts posted:

I have an extra UPlay code if anyone wants this game. Like $45?

Sending you a PM

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Considering the whiteness of Montana I do hope they stick in a line or some exposition somewhere that Seed pulled in followers from all across America.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
SO turns out thrown shovels are instant kills and for some reason I could throw them forever, so I just cleared out an outpost throwing shovels at everyone like an rear end in a top hat, it was great.

Game is good but goddamn I'm bad at it. Almost a bit too freeform right at the start, the plot could have been a bit tighter.

also i have no idea what's happening with the ending so if it could be not spoiled that'd be great thanks!

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
I can't believe not one review has mentioned how good the sound track is for this game.

Sedisp
Jun 20, 2012

Yeah this thread is quickly becoming a cia doc and the game has technically just been released

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

RE: The guy that could not figure out how to pull out the binocs... it's literally in the key binding screen, dude... the default key is Z for ZOOM. :doh:

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Deakul posted:

RE: The guy that could not figure out how to pull out the binocs... it's literally in the key binding screen, dude... the default key is Z for ZOOM. :doh:

Betcha that guy also likes 'C' for crouch :can:

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
So I already had to lower the difficulty from hard to get past the truck chase scene in the beginning. I didn't want to waste what little time I had tonight by trying it for the 6th time.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
There's a way to complete the game in 5 minutes.

Just don't cuff the dude. Wait it out and the credits will roll.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Any other pc players noticing fps spikes like this?

e: i changed to borderless window and my fps leveled out nicely. with everything on ultra i only dropped to like 57 in the benchmark

bunky fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Mar 27, 2018

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:
The game has so many things spawning around you that audio gets cut off and you have no idea what the gently caress is happening in the scrum of cultist, neutral and animal AI dogpiling each other.

I came across some cliffwalking people during my throwing weapon adventures so hopefully there are more fun bugs than there are broken ones. Skyrim horses would be proud:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HVOLqQmkbk8

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me
Anyone else not able to buy this game? I go to the page but it's only listing the season pass and deluxe pack.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Welp, been troubleshooting a game security violation code 00000007 for the better part of the day, no dice. Disabled antivirus, selective startup, reinstalled on multiple drives, tried running as a different user, tried running as admin/compatibility mode, verified integrity of game cache, you name it. Reassuring that Ubisoft still has their launch day bullshit that's probably being caused by, like, an RGB keyboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
guys guys guys im watching the opening scene. :O