Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

Trump is vindictive little snake, isn't he?

Politics aside, he is the worst kind of person in almost every imaginable way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ryanbruce
May 1, 2002

The "Dell Dude"

Josh Lyman posted:

Good news: I got sick of GERN and sold yesterday morning and it's down 21% since

Bad news: I bought NFLX which is down 7.5% since.

Yeah I'm down 14.65% on GERN right now.

... thankfully I only have 5 shares left so I'm down $3.62

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011
Is it better to cut my losses on GERN or hope for a rally?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Depends if it goes back up

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
Are the stocks going to keep the downward trend through the weekend? I need Trump to post a positive Tweet.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

joats posted:

Are the stocks going to keep the downward trend through the weekend? I need Trump to post a positive Tweet.

u know what they say about a downward trend thru the weekend

they can be hard 2 bear days

ill be here all week

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Ruzihm posted:

My buys on dia 4/20 put $230 just got executed. buyin that option dip

:hellyeah:

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

joats posted:

He's going to double down on tariffs between now and next Thursday. Trump believes that trade deficits are bad therefore tariffs are good.

"The financial guys are freaking out over nothing. Plus, it's not like the stock market is down that much anyway. It was this high back in December so what are they complaining about? Just like the tax cuts had terrible numbers in early polls and everyone likes them now!"

-Trump inner monologue

Co-incidentally, I'm waiting for the opening when the market is less spooked to rebuy some UVXY, DOG, and/or QQQ

Lote fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Mar 28, 2018

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
L👀King @ the dow and spotting dimes left and right 🤑
🤑🤑🤑 buy the dipstick!!! 💰

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie

Lote posted:

He's going to double down on tariffs between now and next Thursday. Trump believes that trade deficits are bad therefore tariffs are good.

"The financial guys are freaking out over nothing. Plus, it's not like the stock market is down that much anyway. It was this high back in December so what are they complaining about? Just like the tax cuts had terrible numbers in early polls and everyone likes them now!"

-Trump inner monologue

Co-incidentally, I'm waiting for the opening when the market is less spooked to rebuy some UVXY, DOG, and/or QQQ

I bought SVXY when the I thought the trade talks were dying down and it was a gain until Tuesday night. I have a stop loss set up in case anything crazy happens, but here is hoping things ease up a bit. I'm not planning on keeping it long if it becomes a gain again.

dougdrums
Feb 25, 2005
CLIENT REQUESTED ELECTRONIC FUNDING RECEIPT (FUNDS NOW)

Donald Trump posted:

Bargin deal MoviePass is a win for AMERICA. We cannot keep paying unfair box office prices!

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I'll admit I checked on Helios Matherson

Cheesemaster200
Feb 11, 2004

Guard of the Citadel

Lote posted:

-Trump inner monologue

This selloff has been lead by FANG stocks and their ilk, all of which have been carrying the market for the past 2-3+ years. Personally I think this is a long time coming. I guess people realized that continuing to pile money into a company with a 110 forward PE might not be the best investment.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

The S&P forward PE is 18, which is pretty much the historical norm and the lowest it's been in a few years

melon cat
Jan 21, 2010

Nap Ghost
Real talk though, I just wish that I had more $$ to buy on the dip. I remember the good 'ole days when market corrections were caused by large, global events and not a Twitter tweet. :bahgawd:

melon cat fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Mar 16, 2019

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Hope nobody is in Boeing

https://twitter.com/dominicgates/status/979120526831464448

jvick
Jun 24, 2008

WE ARE
PENN STATE
Anybody else load up on GERN yesterday? Bought another lot at $3.87 myself.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

No, not touching any poop today. Any short term trade I make has to survive a three day weekend of news and I don't like the odds of that.

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!

I bought puts on this news and am getting my rear end kicked today, down 50% on that play so far. options are a cruel mistress but I'm having fun at least

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

proctorbot posted:

I bought puts on this news and am getting my rear end kicked today, down 50% on that play so far. options are a cruel mistress but I'm having fun at least

Not expiring today I hope.

The Butcher
Apr 20, 2005

Well, at least we tried.
Nap Ghost

melon cat posted:

I remember the good 'ole days when market corrections were caused by large, global events and not a Twitter tweet. :bahgawd:

This is nothin', just you wait until we get a war declared by a 3 AM toilet tweet from the President of the United States of America.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

IIPR! Still down YTD, but that’s not a bad day.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

crazypeltast52 posted:

I'm up from when I bought in! (not that it really matters since I plan on holding long term as this is more of a dice roll for me)

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

This has been such a bizarre week and I can't think of another one like it.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

jvick posted:

Anybody else load up on GERN yesterday? Bought another lot at $3.87 myself.
Helluva job calling the bottom.

crazypeltast52 posted:

I'm back into the green YTD, 2.3%. I don't feel particularly confident about tomorrow though.

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

This has been such a bizarre week and I can't think of another one like it.

next week?

Lote
Aug 5, 2001

Place your bets

Josh Lyman posted:

Helluva job calling the bottom.

I'm back into the green YTD, 2.3%. I don't feel particularly confident about tomorrow though.

All those beef futures tomorrow...

proctorbot
Jan 27, 2005
BUT CAN IT FEEL??!?!

Not expiring today I hope.

ah April 20 but I'm not optimistic, gonna let it ride though

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Elon Musk is a false idol

https://twitter.com/CNBC/status/979480392502841345

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

is that like all the cars that tesla has made

greasyhands
Oct 28, 2006

Best quality posts,
freshly delivered
When it rains, it pours. goddamn. I'd love to get a chance to buy their bonds at 11 or 12%

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Walmart apparently in talks to buy Humana. I jumped on it as soon as I could but the stock was already up 12% after hours. We'll see if it pops tomorrow during the session.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

We'll see if it pops tomorrow during the session.

You're going to be very lonely on the trading floor.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

You're going to be very lonely on the trading floor.
Ughhh I forgot about Good Friday. Holding over a 3 day weekend makes the trade even dumber.

ohgodwhat
Aug 6, 2005

Hey guys, I've got a hot tip: "Why You Should Sell Micron Technology, Inc. Naked Puts … Immediately"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-sell-micron-technology-inc-153928106.html

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

I like how Under Armour waited until after market close before a 3 day weekend to announce a massive loving data breach of 150 million accounts. At least it didn't include SSNs

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

ohgodwhat posted:

Hey guys, I've got a hot tip: "Why You Should Sell Micron Technology, Inc. Naked Puts … Immediately"

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/why-sell-micron-technology-inc-153928106.html

quote:

As of this writing, Tyler Craig didn’t hold positions in any of the aforementioned securities.

No balls.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Is that last part just a courtesy thing or something they're legally required to disclose? I'm curious because I see it all the time. Do we have to disclose our positions every time we talk about stock in here or is it just if you're some Yahoo Finance big shot? (lol)

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Buy more NVDA everyone.

*Solice Kirsk owns positions in NVDA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nnnotime
Sep 30, 2001

Hesitate, and you will be lost.

Solice Kirsk posted:

Buy more NVDA everyone.

*Solice Kirsk owns positions in NVDA
Did you see Jim Cramer's interview with NVDA's CEO Jensen Huang on Mad Money this past Thursday afternoon? It went very well. In the end Cramer was all starstruck, "Ahhhhhh....this stock is going up".

Ride the Cramer boost next week, friends (disclosure: no position since I'm an idiot).

I've mentioned Huang here before: you have to admit he is amazing.

Full interview with Huang is lower down on this CNBC page:
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/03/29/nvidia-ceo-jensen-huang-cryptocurrency-blockchain-are-here-to-stay.html

nnnotime fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Mar 30, 2018