Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:five:

Why is Spider-Man stopping this fight now? They wanted Hulk to come out! Ugh!

because the hulk said he was gonna kill the lizard and spider-man takes a hard no kill stance. they needed the hulk to survive the swarm of gators/snakes and but killing the lizard is a step too far

like I get the nsm is dumb thing but this one is explained and consistent with how he'd act in any form of media

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

because the hulk said he was gonna kill the lizard and spider-man takes a hard no kill stance. they needed the hulk to survive the swarm of gators/snakes and but killing the lizard is a step too far

like I get the nsm is dumb thing but this one is explained and consistent with how he'd act in any form of media

he didn't even say he was going to kill the lizard. hulk said he was gonna go smash like he always does and peter's tiny malformed brain jumped to a strange conclusion.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Usually the pro move is to wait for the monsters to fight and then interject before the dramatic killing blow. Not get knocked out before the fight even starts.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Manatee Cannon posted:

It's also very much in keeping with the climax of the last few storylines, in which Spidey enacts an incredibly lethal plan to stop the villain and then halfway through it realizes "oh no, if I don't stop doing this thing that kills him, he'll die!"

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

It's also very much in keeping with the climax of the last few storylines, in which Spidey enacts an incredibly lethal plan to stop the villain and then halfway through it realizes "oh no, if I don't stop doing this thing that kills him, he'll die!"

Jonah just has to convince Spidey that Hulk tearing the Lizard in half will only put him to sleep

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

ya know, NSM is probably the only universe where JJJ is right about Spider-man

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Cabbit posted:

Panel five: Spider-Man crashes head first into a tree at full speed.

FAPPO!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

What have you done with the real Jonah?!

Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Synthbuttrange posted:

Look at his face, he's clearly sneering that statement like a sixth-grader repeating something mockingly.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Peter your problems are literally solving themselves. Get on the boat with your hot movie star wife and leave these three to die. You will save yourself so much trouble in the long-run.

PS-- at this very moment Aunt May is staring long and hard at the wall of an LA hotel room wishing for death. Meanwhile Mole Man molests a Moloid.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

We interrupt this sad tale for a brazing, but necessary message on what it means to be a real man.

Ryan (@Integrity_Guy) Tweeted:
Real men don't hit you up late at night demanding photos of your naked body. Real men hit their desks with closed fists demanding photos of Spiderman. https://twitter.com/Integrity_Guy/status/978089786736029696?s=17

VictorianQueerLit
Aug 25, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

He received a blood transfusion from Mary Jane and now loves Spider-Man.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

evilmiera posted:

We interrupt this sad tale for a brazing, but necessary message on what it means to be a real man.

Ryan (@Integrity_Guy) Tweeted:
Real men don't hit you up late at night demanding photos of your naked body. Real men hit their desks with closed fists demanding photos of Spiderman. https://twitter.com/Integrity_Guy/status/978089786736029696?s=17

Poor John Spiderman. Constantly getting sent messages demanding pictures of him.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

VictorianQueerLit posted:

He received a blood transfusion from Mary Jane and now loves Spider-Man.

But who did Mary Jane get a blood transfusion from to make her love Spider-Man?

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Epicurius posted:

But who did Mary Jane get a blood transfusion from to make her love Spider-Man?

Ant-Man

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

bobkatt013 posted:

Could someone make the hulk slap avatar sized?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

:allears:

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Mar 28, 2018

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
My god.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

:popeye:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

No one will be able to read the sign when this is over.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This thread keeps exceeding itself, as does the strip

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
This really is the best thread :allears:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I love all of this so much.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
I'm ready for a full week of Spider-Man getting swatted around :allears:

Noper Q
Nov 7, 2012

Mikl posted:

I'm ready for a full week of Spider-Man getting swatted around :allears:

Nah, every other strip has to be him returning to Jonah and exclaiming "I have to stop them or they'll kill each other!"

The true conclusion of this strip is Jonah finally getting over his hatred of Spider-Man and replacing it with pity.

MJ comes back with a Spider-Man colored Weeble, which Lizard and Hulk take turns swatting for all eternity.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

I reckon Hulk and the Lizard are going to team up and have a game of tennis using Spidey.

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

I love this thread

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Newspaper Spider-Man: GO FOR IT WEBSLINGER!!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
One word: sploosh.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Oh my god, this comic isn't real! It just can't be! Nothing can be this amazing.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges

Push El Burrito posted:

One word: sploosh.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wNRqJHzPA2c

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

You wouldn't believe the things I've seen

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

JJJ, your Spider-Man problem is about to solve itself. Quit huffing gator rear end and let Spider-Man die.

And Peter... please. Please try to remember that you're fighting two nigh-indestructible regenerating monsters. The men inside of them will be fine getting covered in swamp water and rolling around for a while.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I don't know why but looking at the first panel I can't help but imagine a farmer JJJ with a corncob pipe in his mouth going "Weeeell, wha do we 'ave 'ere?"

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
in the third panel that's jjj's reaction to learning that nsm is not in fact trying to get himself killed. "oh. he's just being an idiot for no reason again."

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I still think everyone is hallucinating from a combination of blood loss and Conner's homemade swamp meth. Maybe angel dust too. Everyone's going to pass out soon and wake up two days later and find they are still in the hospital.

David D. Davidson fucked around with this message at 02:26 on Mar 29, 2018

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

mind the walrus posted:

Quit huffing gator rear end

It's like you don't even know the man!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

God bless the uncredited ghost writer who dared to ask "What if Spider-Man were stupid?"