Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

tithin posted:

Yeah, this started for me earlier today.

I'm using a shitload of mods though, and just put it down to one of the mods stuffing up.

On a vaguely related concern, I'm on the beta branch and started a new game and noticed something extremely odd.

I rolled a Fanatic Purifier for the first time, intent on stomping my way around the galaxy, or vassalizing everyone I could get my hands on and... found no one. In a galaxy with 15-21 players.

It took me literally 100 in game years to start finding people, and the reason I had found no one was that none of them had left their starting system. They'd a fully developed homeworld, and star system, and starbase, they'd been teching, they just ... all decided to go for a one system challenge?

so because i knew the game was a wipe at that point, I decided to have a gently caress about, I snaked my way to the closest one, set a vassalize CB, and stomped all over him. He then immediately laid claim to a bunch of my systems (which I gave to him) and he then dutifully spread out and started colonizing them... except his science ships stayed where they were and they just did nothing after that.

So I quit the game and here I am, that's my life story, I hope you liked my TED talk.

civilian ships seem to behave weirdly for vassals/protectorates, one of my games had a couple civs come to me for protection which i granted, and they consequently sent 4-5 science ships to my home system that proceed to just be in the way of clicking on poo poo (i always load my home system up with as much megastructure stuff as possible). They sat there, doing nothing until the game was over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

My spaceport has some dummy items in its construction queue in the fleet manager. Is there any way to get rid of those? Clicking on them does nothing, and they're preventing me from reinforcing my fleets.

To fix this, split your fleet in half, only one of the halves will have the issue. Split the broken half again then merge the two smaller ones back into the larger one.

Wiz plz fix.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

How exactly do you merge fleets?

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

iospace posted:

How exactly do you merge fleets?

Select them both and click the "merge fleet" button on the fleet window.

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

Pharohman777 posted:

There totally needs to be a Lavos-type leviathan that can reproduce by burrowing into planets and destroying them like a planet cracker as its spawn head to new planets to grow and continue the cycle.

Or maybe an ancient shroud entity can be unsealed if you crack the wrong planet.

Or as part of the different wincons patch, add a genetic ascension wincon where your race becomes planetary consciousnesses.

Then have either a leviathan or a crisis based on destroyed worlds where whole planets up and start coming for your poo poo

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

DoubleNegative posted:

My spaceport has some dummy items in its construction queue in the fleet manager. Is there any way to get rid of those? Clicking on them does nothing, and they're preventing me from reinforcing my fleets.

this happened to me once because I cancelled a bunch of ships in a shipyard when I accidentally reinforced a fleet I didn't mean to, I think. I had to make a new fleet to fix it (split a fleet off, assign admiral to the split fleet, hit merge, you now have a brand new fleet with the same ships/admiral), then set up the ships in fleet manager and it works ok again

e;fb, i should check the last page before posting

Truga fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Mar 29, 2018

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Yeah, admiral assignment is the other way to do this - basically, when merging, fleets will prioritise one of them as the "main" fleet and all others will merge with it and forget their settings. If one fleet has an admiral it will use that one, otherwise it will use the largest. I also think it perhaps prioritises fleets that have been manually named by the player.

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

DoubleNegative posted:

The good news is that this bug is attached to the fleet, so you can get rid of it by switching all of the ships into a different fleet.

My preferred method is clicking each ship type until there's only corvettes left, then clicking split fleet until there's only one left. Then you delete the bugged fleet. You'll lose the one corvette, but it'll take the bugged queue with it.

Then simply select the split up ships and hit merge. Remember to fix your fleet settings in the manager, because it'll default to however many ships you had at the time.

Caf
May 21, 2004

I'm King James! The Lion King!
2.0.2 is live.

What are the major changes for people who didn't play it in beta?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Caf posted:

2.0.2 is live.

What are the major changes for people who didn't play it in beta?

This is the patch note link: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-team-official-2-0-2-patch-released-checksum-5e2f.1084988/

Personally these are the big ticket items I think:
Some work on war goals system
Some work on AI and difficulty
* Added "Eye of Hawking" black hole name

Basic starbase (what you claim a system with) from 0 upkeep to 1
Unity increase per system claim from 2%->1%
Militarist ethos gives -10/20% war exhaustion instead of army damage bonus
20 year cooldown on AI retargeting you with marauder
Unrest/Unhappiness don't reduce food production
* Reduced torpedo bonus damage against armor to +50% (from +100%)
* Reduced autocannon bonus damage against shields to +50% (from +100%)
* Increased range and firing speed of point defense
* Habitats now cost 200 influence each
* Reduced tech cost per system from 2% to 1%
* Faith in Science now gives 3 months of Unity production per tech unlocked instead of adding Unity production to assist research

* Removed the penalties for high war exhaustion. Once a war side reaches 100% war exhaustion, there is now a 24 month timer that starts ticking down. Once the 24 month timer has ended, it is now possible to force a status quo peace. It is possible to mod out forced status quo and mod back in penalties if desired

Devouring swarms got buffed a tad as well.
edit: they adjust base costs and stuff on unity/tech up

Could be some stuff in there that other people find important as well, I just tried to grab the more broad impact things.

ZypherIM fucked around with this message at 15:41 on Mar 29, 2018

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
Also Assist Research got turned into a Discovery Tradition.

You now trade Food for Minerals or Energy, as a monthly deduction/addition rather than lump sums. You can't trade Energy for Minerals or vice versa at all from the trade stations

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Are the Leader buffs for Bio Ascension in or is that a future patch?

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

Captain Oblivious posted:

At least one is in this one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

DoubleNegative posted:

Did you used to have a shipyard on it and refit it while it was producing? If so, build a shipyard again on it and let it finish. I had that problem.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Bloodly posted:

Also Assist Research got turned into a Discovery Tradition.

You now trade Food for Minerals or Energy, as a monthly deduction/addition rather than lump sums. You can't trade Energy for Minerals or vice versa at all from the trade stations
Bolded is 100% wrong.

edit to elaborate: You can now trade monthly Energy, Minerals, or Food for monthly Energy, Minerals, or Food at a 2:1 ratio - if I am selling 2 food I can receive 1 mineral or energy a month. If I remember correctly you have the option of selling 10/20/50 to receive 5/10/25 in exchange.

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Mar 29, 2018

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever
Yes, at the merchant enclaves you can trade any two of food/minerals/energy for each other.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

if I am selling 2 food I can receive 1 mineral or energy a month. If I remember correctly you have the option of selling 10/20/50 to receive 5/10/25 in exchange.

Nice, I can finally do something with the +900 food surplus I have.

I mean, I could go into my sectors and replace all the farms with mines, but the whole point of sectors is to not deal with the micromanagement of each planet.

slap me and kiss me
Apr 1, 2008

You best protect ya neck

Dreissi posted:

The worm loves you.

Also, you are super lucky to get that on your first play through.

Worm is super amazing. I got it on my third playthrough, but there was a bug that broke the chain and it didn't finish. Super disappointing.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
i get worm in probably 75% of the games i play so i dunno how it's so rare for others

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

They are in. This is what is new over the d07e beta:

code:
Feature
* The Erudite trait now enhances leaders with additional traits in a similar way to Psionic or Cyborg

Bugfix
* Fixed cases where the "Unbidden" event wouldn't let you contact them
* Wormholes/Gateways are ignored when looking at closest systems (should reduce cases of events spawning too far away)
* Fixed an issue where reducing the number of ships to zero in the fleet manager while ships of that type were building could produce negative numbers of ships in the manager

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Shadowlyger posted:

The good news is that this bug is attached to the fleet, so you can get rid of it by switching all of the ships into a different fleet.

My preferred method is clicking each ship type until there's only corvettes left, then clicking split fleet until there's only one left. Then you delete the bugged fleet. You'll lose the one corvette, but it'll take the bugged queue with it.

Then simply select the split up ships and hit merge. Remember to fix your fleet settings in the manager, because it'll default to however many ships you had at the time.

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. It's good to have use of my fleet manager back. Now to make up for lost time...

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

ulmont posted:

They are in. This is what is new over the d07e beta:

code:
Feature
* The Erudite trait now enhances leaders with additional traits in a similar way to Psionic or Cyborg

Bugfix
* Fixed cases where the "Unbidden" event wouldn't let you contact them
* Wormholes/Gateways are ignored when looking at closest systems (should reduce cases of events spawning too far away)
* Fixed an issue where reducing the number of ships to zero in the fleet manager while ships of that type were building could produce negative numbers of ships in the manager

Eeeeexcellent.

Sloober posted:

i get worm in probably 75% of the games i play so i dunno how it's so rare for others

I've logged 405 hours in Stellaris and still never seen Horizon Signal once :v:

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.
I really love the buff to Erudite because not having any new traits for leaders (especially admirals) was my least favorite part of the biological ascension path. I do hope they add some more advanced traits though because at the moment RObust and Erudite are a bit overloaded and it'd be nice to have more alternatives.

Nevets
Sep 11, 2002

Be they sad or be they well,
I'll make their lives a hell
I've played a dozen games and never seen the prethorian.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

I've logged 405 hours in Stellaris and still never seen Horizon Signal once :v:

Do you only play hive minds or robots? Recently I've been getting it in just about every single non-robot, non-hive game.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Nevets posted:

I've played a dozen games and never seen the prethorian.

Same. The conditions for getting the Contingency or the Unbidden are just too common.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I got the Horizon Signal during my first game ever, from the first black hole I encountered IIRC

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

binge crotching posted:

Do you only play hive minds or robots? Recently I've been getting it in just about every single non-robot, non-hive game.

Nope. I only rarely play Gestalts.

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011

Nope. I only rarely play Gestalts.

i usually poo poo out like 4-5 science vessels after i get some +anomaly stuff to survey the rear end outta the galaxy, so maybe that buffs my average chance up due to the sheer number of ships i have flying around

Danny Glands
Jan 26, 2013

Possible thermal failure (CPU on fire?)
Is anyone else finding Synthetics impossible to research in 2.x?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Dreissi posted:

The worm loves you.

Also, you are super lucky to get that on your first play through.

It was my second, after I restarted after getting a bit more advice from friends and here.

(Also, the abyss stared back and I embraced it)

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Danny Glands posted:

It's a rare technology so you're probably just having bad luck. It happens.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Danny Glands posted:

Have you made sure that your engineering scientist has industry expertise, maniacal, spark of genius or is a curator? If none apply, your chance of drawing the tech is multiplied by 0.2.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

Danny Glands posted:

I had that problem in the last game I was attempting to play as cyborg -> robuts. Never drew the option even as I got near endgame and just gave up on the game.

GotLag
Jul 17, 2005

食べちゃダメだよ
There's a line from the excellent Electric Six song Steal Your Bones that really belongs in a technology description somewhere: "evolution rolls the dice, we can be so much more precise."

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Oh man maybe giving my ships some crystal plated hulls in place of more armor or shields was a less than optimal idea.

I just had a 16k fleet lose against a 9k, grand total of 4 ships lost but everyone bugged out without destroying enough opponents to make a difference :v:

That autocannon/torp nerf apparently hit harder than I realized.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
I don't know if it's from the More Events mod, or vanilla and incredibly rare, but one of my science ships found an anomaly way off in an obscure corner of the galaxy.

It was one of my empire's ships, but an extremely old pre-FTL design, one that disappeared without a trace on its inaugural run. When the science ship investigated it, the description given was basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuJnIJHgQ44

Whether vanilla or modded... :iia:

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I'm having an issue as a machine with the new patch. I seem to not be receiving any trait points. I should have gotten at least 3 by now with synthetic age and robomodding. Could be one of my mods but I didn't add anything since last game that should affect it. Anyone else?

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Garfu posted:

I'm having an issue as a machine with the new patch. I seem to not be receiving any trait points. I should have gotten at least 3 by now with synthetic age and robomodding. Could be one of my mods but I didn't add anything since last game that should affect it. Anyone else?

I've done two runs as a machine empire and robo traits were working properly on the beta patch. That's the synthetic dawn hive mind variant, so if you're talking about regular synthetic ascension I haven't checked that one out since 2.0.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyrotica
Nov 26, 2012

Grafted to machines your builders did not understand.

DoubleNegative posted:

I don't know if it's from the More Events mod, or vanilla and incredibly rare, but one of my science ships found an anomaly way off in an obscure corner of the galaxy.

It was one of my empire's ships, but an extremely old pre-FTL design, one that disappeared without a trace on its inaugural run. When the science ship investigated it, the description given was basically this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuJnIJHgQ44

Whether vanilla or modded... :iia:

That's from MEM.