Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Nice work, happy recovery!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

NEED MORE MILK posted:

also is your neck shorter now like some kind of bizarro African lady?

I mean I'm really curious if he lost a few inches from it.

hakimashou posted:

Lowtax im not a doctor but you might want to put a bandage on your wound

Nah he's good, they super-glued it shut, surgeon did the same thing with my hernia surgery. No dressing or anything, just glue it up and send you on your way.

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
I'm glad you made it! Welcome back and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Heres to more life low tax man

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
Can I finger your neck hole?

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Nah he's good, they super-glued it shut, surgeon did the same thing with my hernia surgery. No dressing or anything, just glue it up and send you on your way.

If someone threw super glue remover on his neck would it just suddenly start spraying out blood?

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

AbbadonOfHell posted:

Ya modern medicine recover methods are pretty wild. Iirc swanky tattoo parlors use this dope plastic blister full of saline to reduce the chance of infection/scarring, after recovery they just prick it and drain all the ink and pus out

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004
You know I would try to think of something funny to put here but ill just pass on that and threaten people with a + 2 board with a nail in it.

hakimashou posted:

If someone threw super glue remover on his neck would it just suddenly start spraying out blood?

Maybe not "spray" but he'd probably spring a leak of some sort.

Glad you survived your neck surgery too, taxman.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Good im glad. How come it's scarred up already did they cauterize it because a throat wound is such a disk?

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

I'm glad to see the surgery went well taxman. You and your forums have given me so many laughs over the years. Wish I could donate now right now but I'll probably have to wait a little longer before spending anything else here.

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.
So do you need to use one of those throat vibrators to speak now?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

Oovee posted:

So do you need to use one of those throat vibrators to speak now?

Follow up question, is it different from your other vibrators?

Nice Guy Patron
Jun 29, 2015
My bones are in the mail. Hope they can help.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Jose posted:

Good im glad. How come it's scarred up already did they cauterize it because a throat wound is such a disk?

Super Glue and dried blood, looks just like my hernia surgery opening did after it was done.

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
Sue Uwe Boll it's probably his fault for hitting you and making lovely films.

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

SoylentCola posted:

Sue Uwe Boll it's probably his fault for hitting you and making lovely films.

I blame the lovely films more than the boxing match.

I will stand by Postal being a decent Postal movie though. He actually did capture the spirit of that one, mostly cause it's a huge poo poo-show too.

Alan 00X
Dec 15, 2017
congrats! happy for you that it worked out

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

Forum Status: Dead and Gay

Forum Owner Status: Not dead (possibly Gay)

Kimchi Surplus
Dec 4, 2007

Daddy's out of bourbon...
Glad you made it, Tax Man. These forums have given me over a decade of entertainment and I am fortunate that no matter where I am on this dead and gay world this place will always be here.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

are there any goons who could revertebrate you, our site creator, lowtax

also why havent goon project: live forever happen yet

someone chime in

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

I like the part where you didn't die. Good job!

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Woohoo you made it!!! I hope your recovery goes smoothly. Please avoid any competitive pogo stick champions for awhile.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
Its common knowledge that the vertebraes are in the back of the neck so these fools went in through the front, I think you have been scammed Mr Lowtax :thunk:

What were they REALLY doing in there??

e: Also why did they write DS9 on your neck are they some kind of Star Trek neck surgery fetish people??

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Flesh Forge posted:

Its common knowledge that the vertebraes are in the back of the neck so these fools went in through the front, I think you have been scammed Mr Lowtax :thunk:

What were they REALLY doing in there??

e: Also why did they write DS9 on your neck are they some kind of Star Trek neck surgery fetish people??
They wanted to remind him which series was the best when he was in recovery.

So are you still laid up? I bought someone an av because that's all I can do but I also know that the freedom tax for basic medical care is very onerous.

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

Is that from the front or back

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Jesus Mary loving Christ you had a broken vertebrae in there? I am so goddamn glad you got to the surgery okay. That’s the sort of poo poo that murders the gently caress out of people with no remorse when it goes.

My best and warmest, Lowtax. Only wish I wasn’t quite so hosed financially so I could help out more.

sick brunch kills
Nov 18, 2016

Brunch DJ goin' hard as fuck

This avatar brought to you by the Lowtax Needs a New Spine Fund
Goongrats on the bitchin scar my guy

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

I am glad your trash body is still somewhat working. Good work champ!

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Glad you are not dead. Keep on trucking.

lt_kennedy
Sep 2, 2007
Needs Moar Race
Nearly Headless Nick cosplay looking on point

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Congrats on not dying. Glad you are still around.

Feb 28, 2018

by FactsAreUseless
Richard "nonecks" Kyanka

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
That thing is gonna put a vampire right off his dinner. Smart move.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/UweBollRaw/status/979524449736130561

AbbadonOfHell
Jul 16, 2004

Wow even Uwe sending some love.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Happy to hear that you will be okay again, Lowtax.

I will buy plat again to celebrate.

Holy eff.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Don't let your vertebrae regroup and come up with another plan OP. Finish them!

lil bip
Mar 13, 2004

That ain't workin', that's the way you do it
Glad you are recovering Taxman!

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones
Glad your on the road to recovery

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Coolguye posted:

Jesus Mary loving Christ you had a broken vertebrae in there? I am so goddamn glad you got to the surgery okay. That’s the sort of poo poo that murders the gently caress out of people with no remorse when it goes.

My best and warmest, Lowtax. Only wish I wasn’t quite so hosed financially so I could help out more.

Thank you, and thank you to everybody else for the well wishes! Now I only have one remaining surgery left, to fix the bone spur which is currently growing into the artery on the left side of my neck.

LESSON FOR EVERYBODY HERE: get a shitload of scans every bunch of years. I had no clue my gay body was straddling the precipice of death until I had various X-rays and MRIs and CAT scans and whatever the gently caress they all are done. They found a bone spur that had apparently been growing into my artery for god knows how long, and the doctor casually told me "if you get a chiropractor adjustment, you could die." He told me this a few days after the weekly adjustment I had been getting for months.

My body basically was created to self destruct, like an Inspector Gadget note.

• Locked thread