Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Both look fine to me, idk.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I Love Annie May
Oct 10, 2012

Kay Kessler posted:

I'm not seeing it.

I don't get it, what's the problem with this picture?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
She's a child. a child!

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

And she's not dressed in anything super crazy? Like yeah, Nowi is JailTown, but Tiki's just another character.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Woolie hates kids, period.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Every Manakete besides Nowi is great.

Dragons don't have as many to pick from, but there's a lot less good characters there in comparison.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
I mean, there are definitely creepy extremes a lot of adult male fans go to for showing their love of little girl characters. But Tiki's design itself ain't bad.

Now, the trainwreck of Nowi's outfit, or whoever decided your kid sisters in Fates should be allowed to get pregnant and tossed in the Hyperbolic Baby Chamber. That is the real Fire Emblem creepy cringe.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

The Bee posted:

I mean, there are definitely creepy extremes a lot of adult male fans go to for showing their love of little girl characters. But Tiki's design itself ain't bad.

Now, the trainwreck of Nowi's outfit, or whoever decided your kid sisters in Fates should be allowed to get pregnant and tossed in the Hyperbolic Baby Chamber. That is the real Fire Emblem creepy cringe.

Both Honaka and Elise are adults.

Xander even at one point telling Elise to act her age and behave like the adult she is.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 00:01 on Apr 3, 2018

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

they're not ur real sisters anyways

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bumblekings to the end

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I hope they do a few more Warframe and Monster Hunter videos. I'd love to see Woolie freak out at The Second Dream.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

There's no way Woolie's putting 80 hours into a game just for a mission

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

woolie hasnt even gotten around to nier still so yeah

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
There's a big "Replay Quest" button in Warframe

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Improbable Lobster posted:

There's a big "Replay Quest" button in Warframe

Only for some quests, but it would work in this case.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled
Spoilers for the podcast but woolie holy poo poo wow haha.

https://clips.twitch.tv/HardAgreeableHummingbirdTheThing

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

havenwaters posted:

The look on Woolie's face when he realizes is poetry.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
Woolie has a super expressive face, it's why %100 of the content on his channel has been personal videos for the past 6 months.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

https://clips.twitch.tv/RacyHeartlessAxeGivePLZ

"You guys are idiots."

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
As soon as I saw them looking at Diskin's wikipedia page I was hoping they'd see it, god bless

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's a very Pat thing to do to not only bring up the baby loving in Twilight to a fan, but to have the exact book quote saved on his phone for the occasion

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Are any of the boys heading to PAX East this year?

havenwaters posted:

Hahaha, wow.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Oh my God if you're missing Paige's Undertale stream tonight you are missing a hall of fame performance

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nilbop posted:

Oh my God if you're missing Paige's Undertale stream tonight you are missing a hall of fame performance

It's back? YEEEEEEESSSSSS

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Captain Invictus posted:

It's back? YEEEEEEESSSSSS

You just missed some amazing stuff. Watch the VOD.

Guavatin
Mar 30, 2017

I think my tongues trying to kill me

Nilbop posted:

Where's paige been the last few weeks?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Grapple away!!!!!

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Both Honaka and Elise are adults.

Xander even at one point telling Elise to act her age and behave like the adult she is.

Aka the only line in the game where she isn't called a little girl. A line that's also missing in the Japanese version, and is actually "adult you apparently are."

Yeah, that's a desperate life raft from the Western translation team if ever I saw one.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The Bee posted:

Aka the only line in the game where she isn't called a little girl. A line that's also missing in the Japanese version, and is actually "adult you apparently are."

Yeah, that's a desperate life raft from the Western translation team if ever I saw one.

Should've gone with something like 'Act your age instead of your height, for once '

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

Should've gone with something like 'Act your age instead of your height, for once '

or just not have have the potentially underage little sister character marriageable in the first place

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Andrast posted:

or just not have have the potentially underage little sister character marriageable in the first place

Hell, in a perfect world. If only.

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

The Big Monkey!

RareAcumen posted:

That's actually a clever line. Not bad.

And honestly, I'm fine with younger chars being pairable in FE games, provided their options are age appropriate. It can be done cutely and inoffensively, especially since it usually just details endings at a nebulous point in the future. But making it so characters explicity get pregnant and tossed in a baby incubating dimension raises so many questions that really, really never needed to be answered.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Just make new character art for the western release.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

The Bee posted:

And honestly, I'm fine with younger chars being pairable in FE games, provided their options are age appropriate. It can be done cutely and inoffensively, especially since it usually just details endings at a nebulous point in the future. But making it so characters explicity get pregnant and tossed in a baby incubating dimension raises so many questions that really, really never needed to be answered.

The baby incubating dimension in general raises too many questions

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Replace all Japanese loli waifus with bald marines for the American market.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nilbop posted:

Replace all Japanese loli waifus with Bugs Bunny dressed as them for the American market.

Oh god, this Undertale steam is too powerful. I'm so loving hungry man

The Bee posted:

I tried. It seemed like a Xander-y line in my head.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

RareAcumen posted:

I tried. It seemed like a Xander-y line in my head.

Also a good Leo line, since he is the one who actually says it

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

The elise stuff takes away actual problems like removing gay conversations and slapdashing it with crtrl+F replace the Straight versions.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Tae posted:

The elise stuff takes away actual problems like removing gay conversations and slapdashing it with crtrl+F replace the Straight versions.

You're talking about Soleil, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

No, they mean the two characters (split across campaigns, lol) that can actually by married by an avatar of the same gender, eyepatch archer and the tharja clone. In JP they had unique (if tropey) dialogue for that occurrence, but in English it's identical to the S-rank for the opposite gender Corrin.

You also get locked out from obtaining one or two units for your trouble in a game where babies get tossed into a magic time hole.

Motto fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 3, 2018