Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

BioEnchanted posted:

Weed can help with inflammation (checked with a quick google) and Panreatitis is an itis - an inflammation. The logic is there, it's just canine digestive systems are very different to human systems so weed would probably have stronger/different effects.

AlbieQuirky posted:

I think the logic was that marijuana is an appetite stimulant for many people, and therefore would be for dogs? I don't think it's good logic, because dogs and people are very different, but the first premise is sound.

No its not? A lot of anti-inflammatories that are safe for humans are deadly to cats and dogs, even in small doses. As is acetaminophen, peusdoephedrine, antidepressants, methylphenidate, and even some common vitamin supplements. poo poo, humans can eat chocolate, avocado, garlic, raisins, and hops without issue, but those can all kill your dog.

Drugging your dog because you like the drug is asinine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Dienes posted:

No its not? A lot of anti-inflammatories that are safe for humans are deadly to cats and dogs, even in small doses. As is acetaminophen, peusdoephedrine, antidepressants, methylphenidate, and even some common vitamin supplements. poo poo, humans can eat chocolate, avocado, garlic, raisins, and hops without issue, but those can all kill your dog.

To clarify my point - I never said it was smart - I was saying what the logic may have been. I don't smoke or ingest cannabis, I was just trying to make sense of that bad idea.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.

Non Serviam posted:

Can you explain the correlation between the first part of this sentence and the last? How on earth did you think giving weed to your dog would be a good idea?

She had progressive kidney disease and then got pancreatitis. Over the course of two months it was a push and pull between how to treat one of them without breaking the other. Kidney disease makes it hard to process protein, so high carb and fat is better, pancreatitis makes it so high fat and carb is tougher on the system.

The bottom line was that she was very sick and was having trouble 1. Having any kind of appetite, 2. Keeping any of it down, 3. Sleeping through pain, 4. making GBS threads because of the opiates that we had to give her at points. For a period of a couple weeks we had a feeding tube running through her nose down her throat so we could inject her with ensure shakes to make sure she got some kind of caloric intake because she would actively fight any kind of actual food. Even boiled chicken breast.

So I was under the assumption that a very small dose of marijuana would be helpful with nausea, relax her a little, stimulate the appetite, etc. And she was knocking on death's door as it was, had lost 35% of her body weight over the course of two months.

After I made the stuff, I got cold feet and googled around some more and ultimately didn't give it to her because thankfully I'm reasonable and when I saw the vets saying don't do it I listened.

She did end up dying a couple weeks later after she became anemic and the cause couldn't be tracked because she was so fragile at that point, nor could we spend the money to do the tests. I am glad I researched it further and didn't put my little brownie through a drug trip as part of her last days on Earth.

THE BIG DOG DADDY has a new favorite as of 20:25 on Apr 2, 2018

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Dienes posted:

Neither of us were endorsing this. We were each explaining the possible first premises the dude was reasoning badly from. I think we all agree that this was a terrible idea because humans and dogs are different animals.

Anyway, it didn't happen, so we all learned something I guess :shrug:

Sorry about your pupper, Big Dog Daddy.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

THE BIG DOG DADDY posted:

She had progressive kidney disease and then got pancreatitis. Over the course of two months it was a push and pull between how to treat one of them without breaking the other. Kidney disease makes it hard to process protein, so high carb and fat is better, pancreatitis makes it so high fat and carb is tougher on the system.

The bottom line was that she was very sick and was having trouble 1. Having any kind of appetite, 2. Keeping any of it down, 3. Sleeping through pain, 4. making GBS threads because of the opiates that we had to give her at points. For a period of a couple weeks we had a feeding tube running through her nose down her throat so we could inject her with ensure shakes to make sure she got some kind of caloric intake because she would actively fight any kind of actual food. Even boiled chicken breast.

So I was under the assumption that a very small dose of marijuana would be helpful with nausea, relax her a little, stimulate the appetite, etc. And she was knocking on death's door as it was, had lost 35% of her body weight over the course of two months.

After I made the stuff, I got cold feet and googled around some more and ultimately didn't give it to her because thankfully I'm reasonable and when I saw the vets saying don't do it I listened.

She did end up dying a couple weeks later after she became anemic and the cause couldn't be tracked because she was so fragile at that point, nor could we spend the money to do the tests. I am glad I researched it further and didn't put my little brownie through a drug trip as part of her last days on Earth.

I'm sorry about your pup.

There are canine safe CBD supplements out there but they are not cheap, and I wouldn't try to make them yourself.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
As a dumb teenager I definitely smoked our family dog out one time. Literally once. Problem was, every time I smoked around him after that, he'd come up and appear to actively beg for marijuana. Obviously there's no way to know if he made the connection and what he was begging for, but it was interesting.

As far as what he did the one time I got him high? He ate a shitload of food and slept on the couch next to me while I played video games.

According to a DVM that is a close personal friend, marijuana's effects on animals hasn't been studied intensely, and you're PROBABLY not doing incredible harm, physically, but obviously you should NOT smoke your pets out.

Zipperelli. has a new favorite as of 13:27 on Apr 3, 2018

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Don't smoke out your pets because they will literally never get you back for weed. They're selfish

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Yeah, but they can pay you back in entertainment value.

Back in college my roommate and I blew a big charge into our hamsters habitrail tube. He practically poured out afterwards, and just sat there for a minute or two. Then he went "Eek!" , turned, did it again and repeated a few times. Then his eyes got huge when he saw his treats and just started chowing down and cramming stuff in his pouches. He was always super chill after that.

But really. Don't blaze up your pets.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

That sounds like completely normal hamster behavior, though.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MrUnderbridge posted:

Yeah, but they can pay you back in entertainment value.

Back in college my roommate and I blew a big charge into our hamsters habitrail tube. He practically poured out afterwards, and just sat there for a minute or two. Then he went "Eek!" , turned, did it again and repeated a few times. Then his eyes got huge when he saw his treats and just started chowing down and cramming stuff in his pouches. He was always super chill after that.

But really. Don't blaze up your pets.

If this was meant to discourage me from getting animals high, it's not working.

Kevin Palpatine
Dec 20, 2017
I injected my cat with heroin and he started playing saxophone

I haven't seen him since he went on tour in ny but at least leonard feather had some nice things to say about his playing

Big Grunty Secret
Aug 28, 2007

Just one question, though. Is there a way to take off my pants?
My partner's dog ate four gigantic weed brownies once by accident. I watched her do laps under her dog house for an hour, then she came in for cuddles and pooped on the floor. In short, it didn't seem to have much of an effect on her (Labrador Retriever)

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Kevin Palpatine posted:

I injected my cat with heroin and he started playing saxophone

I haven't seen him since he went on tour in ny but at least leonard feather had some nice things to say about his playing

this post delighted me completely

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

My cat had a UTI and couldn't pee for a couple of days. Eventually he went, in his cat carrier on the way to the vet. He was still visibly in a lot of pain, though, so the vet prescribed this painkiller in the form of a syringe to be squirted under his tongue. He was stoned as gently caress about ten seconds after I gave it to him, and spent the next couple of hours laying on his back on the coffee table, waving his paws in the air and purring to himself while drooling. Cat drugs are awesome.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
:catdrugs:

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
When did TCC become a PI subforum?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I could never be a dentist because these are all exactly what I would say.

I already say stuff like that in my current management job.

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

lotta lovely pet owners itt

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Oh boy, it's a dentist version of Dr. Perry Cox from Scrubs!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
That last one just reminded me of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOtMizMQ6oM

8 Ball
Nov 27, 2010

My hands are all messed up so you better post, brother.
https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...k-a8289601.html

She only went in for six mega-sized cupcakes - YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Spending fifty quid to own the bitches.

The Claptain
May 11, 2014

Grimey Drawer

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

This person has literally never been hiking. Or climbed a tree. I do believe the bit about hanging out with mama all the time.

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!

8 Ball posted:

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-...k-a8289601.html

She only went in for six mega-sized cupcakes - YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED NEXT!

"Oh ye gods, I forgot to write an article for the lifestyle section. But what if I were to copy and paste a bunch of posts from somebody's facebook wall and disguise it as my own researched report? Ho ho ho ho ho, delightfully devilish Rachel Hosie."

I seriously don't get what the hikers' response is supposed to be here. It's been a good ten years since I read LotR or watched the movie but I don't recall people breaking into song about the hobbits going to Isengard.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Comptroll The Forums posted:

I seriously don't get what the hikers' response is supposed to be here. It's been a good ten years since I read LotR or watched the movie but I don't recall people breaking into song about the hobbits going to Isengard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XqVPLepPtMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlNr-Vf9L2c

Comptroll The Forums
Apr 25, 2007

DON'T HURT MY FEE FEES!
That makes the stdh staggeringly worse.

Jurgan
May 8, 2007

Just pour it directly into your gaping mouth-hole you decadent slut

Well, I know what’s going to be stuck in my head for the next several hours. Thanks.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
So much STDH in this Twitter thread:

https://twitter.com/SchneidRemarks/status/983049390880444416

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Just direct link the good ones.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Is the answer never?

Although the excited little kid during the new Jurassic World trailer yelling "I WANT TO SEE THAT ONE!" was pretty :3:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I dunno, there was that one time some guy entertained everyone with his laser-pointer antics.

Everyone loved it except this one angry bald guy.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I dunno, there was that one time some guy entertained everyone with his laser-pointer antics.

Everyone loved it except this one angry bald guy.

thats gotta hurt

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
I was watching AI and shortly into the weird tone shifted future robots epilogue bit someone muttered "...what the gently caress..." just loud enough for everyone to hear.

We were all thinking it.

Later I was talking to someone about the film and apparently the same thing happened in their friend's showing at a completely different cinema.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

One time back when the pre movie entertainment was just a slideshow and Coke sponsored there was a couple of slides depicting a race between various Coke products and some dude yelled out "Go Pepsi!" and that amused me. That's all I got.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

I went to a screening of a movie called Mesmerized with John Lithgow and Jodie Foster. It was a screening for college film majors and film writers. Lithgow and the director were there.

The movie was a goddamned loving mess from beginning to end. After it ended, the lights came up and the director and Lithgow came onstage to take questions. There was a long, awkward silence, until some kid blurted out, "Was it supposed to be like that?"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I mean, c'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Gorilla Salad posted:

Rocky Horror Picture Show.

I mean, c'mon.