Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Trimps talk. After I clear the portal of anger and use the portal for the first time, I'm no longer obligated to clear the portal before getting helium right? It still takes me a little while to clear right at zone 20 and it'd be more efficient if I was good to just ignore it and clear it effortlessly before I actually want to portal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Ali Aces posted:

Yes, you do indeed want to leave it in Advanced Training overnight. I mean, you have to sleep sometime.

I don't know what your energy cap/power is at but you should still be able to get close to a 50% boost before it becomes completely impractical. That would take you from ~400 to ~600.

Your goal is just to get one each of the next tier of equipment, then you can go back to an earlier zone to boost it.

I actually just tried it and I completely retract my skepticism, holy poo poo. Just the 30% boost I got from a few hours of it was enough to start demolishing enemies in the base. Thanks!

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

Agent355 posted:

Trimps talk. After I clear the portal of anger and use the portal for the first time, I'm no longer obligated to clear the portal before getting helium right? It still takes me a little while to clear right at zone 20 and it'd be more efficient if I was good to just ignore it and clear it effortlessly before I actually want to portal.

Correct.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010
NGU Question, anyone know what Respawn and NGU special bonuses do?

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nessin posted:

NGU Question, anyone know what Respawn and NGU special bonuses do?

Adventure respawn time and ngu fill speed

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Toshimo posted:

Adventure respawn time and ngu fill speed

I just realized you can activate the 42 item to get the NGU menu. I leveled it to 100 and then trashed it because it seemed like a junk item, and have been continually trashing it every time I've killed the first titan.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

nessin posted:

I just realized you can activate the 42 item to get the NGU menu. I leveled it to 100 and then trashed it because it seemed like a junk item, and have been continually trashing it every time I've killed the first titan.

:shobon:

Klungar
Feb 12, 2008

Klungo make bessst ever video game, 'Hero Klungo Sssavesss Teh World.'

nessin posted:

The more upsetting part of this is that you are manually trashing items rather than using Ctrl+Click. Ctrl+Click has the side benefit of using Consumables rather than trashing them.

Lottery of Babylon
Apr 25, 2012

STRAIGHT TROPIN'

For Trimps, how do you make further progress in Magma once you're Coordinated enough to buy all the Coordinations? I'm at Z400 and I can't imagine getting to Z500 just from pumping Power/Toughness II.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Lottery of Babylon posted:

For Trimps, how do you make further progress in Magma once you're Coordinated enough to buy all the Coordinations? I'm at Z400 and I can't imagine getting to Z500 just from pumping Power/Toughness II.

focus on getting experience for fluffy and pouring helium into looting 2. you can cumulatively increase the amount of helium you gain by at least 10% or so per run even when you aren't making much zone progress, as long as you keep increasing looting 2.

i haven't quite made it to the point of having to worry about this, but eventually you can do extended runs where you max out your magamamancer bonus each zone for the 4.5k% attack bonus to push a few more zones at the end.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

NGU: I'm trying to take down GRB for the first time, I got him down to 5k health by the time I was clearly doomed. I'm going to leave Advanced Training on overnight and hope the +5% or whatever I get from it clinches it, but I just noticed you can upgrade Block as well as stats. Is that worth it? The initial levelup is only .5% but I guess over time that could add up to a lot.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

NGU: I'm trying to take down GRB for the first time, I got him down to 5k health by the time I was clearly doomed. I'm going to leave Advanced Training on overnight and hope the +5% or whatever I get from it clinches it, but I just noticed you can upgrade Block as well as stats. Is that worth it? The initial levelup is only .5% but I guess over time that could add up to a lot.

Block isn't worth it unless you actively need to Adventure and you can't clear it without using Block. You're probably going to hit a point where you can actively clear it, but you still won't use block much, right before you can passively clear it.

I suggest setting Block at 1 in your Advanced Training, but my stats are wwwwwwaaaayyyyyy lower for literally everything than what the wiki suggests. I don't know, maybe Block is useful if you follow wiki-numbers.

Or, you can put some points in Max Health and Health Regen at the same rate as Power and Toughness and idle zones thousands and thousands and thousands and thousands of points lower than the wiki recommends. Max Health/Regen matters a whole lot more than the wiki grognards suggest.

I idle "Jake from Accounting" with +9884 power, +4511 toughness. Wiki says I need +9000/+7000 to even attempt it, manually.

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
The most pure look of delight
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
Holy crap. I was emailed by a higher up at Kongregate congratulating me and reaching out to offer any help or info they can give on getting it to stay strong longer term.

To quote: "We were optimistic about it finding some success, but this is definitely beyond what I would have guessed. "

Thanks so much you magnificent goony bastards for helping me get to this point!

PS: Quitting my job to do this silly numbers going up game full time.

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

something posted:

Holy crap. I was emailed by a higher up at Kongregate congratulating me and reaching out to offer any help or info they can give on getting it to stay strong longer term.

To quote: "We were optimistic about it finding some success, but this is definitely beyond what I would have guessed. "

You're one day too late to announce that you're implementing loot crates.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

You're one day too late to announce that you're implementing loot crates.

Or just in time to do it for real and make even more sellout money. :getin:

In all seriousness, though, even though I'm not playing it very much, that's super dope to hear, something. Everyone loves a success story. :toot:

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

something posted:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Universal Attractor: yo I just want an auto-click-through-Supernova-prompt button because it only stays clicked through for some arbitrary length of time

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

something posted:

You looking for assistants? :v:

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Universal Attractor: yo I just want an auto-click-through-Supernova-prompt button because it only stays clicked through for some arbitrary length of time

What does "stays clicked through" even mean? Just hold M or use autoclickers and it'll automatically super-nova too.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GrossMurpel posted:

What does "stays clicked through" even mean? Just hold M or use autoclickers and it'll automatically super-nova too.
so if I'm doing neither of those (because I'm running this at work and doing actual work in another window) eventually it just stops at the "universe has collapsed" screen with the giant supernova button even with autobuy+autoprestige on

GrossMurpel
Apr 8, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

so if I'm doing neither of those (because I'm running this at work and doing actual work in another window) eventually it just stops at the "universe has collapsed" screen with the giant supernova button even with autobuy+autoprestige on

Yeah that's right. There's an auto-supernova thing later for 1M NS which I haven't got yet. I'm honestly not sure if the regular autobuyers supernovaing automatically is even intentional or a bug.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

GrossMurpel posted:

Yeah that's right. There's an auto-supernova thing later for 1M NS which I haven't got yet. I'm honestly not sure if the regular autobuyers supernovaing automatically is even intentional or a bug.
I think it's a bug. I can't prove it, but there's a probably-unrelated bug where some tiny percentage of the time you supernova twice. (It's happened to me exactly two times that I've noticed - first time it popped the "supernova in under 1 second" achievement and my fastest supernova is 110 ms, and the second I was watching my NS count like a hawk and I saw a +2 instead of a +1 and got an pugrade faster) And since there's one bug, I just assume there are more...

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
Realm grinder - Is Veteran Figurine based on this reincarnation or this abdication?

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

NGU idle -

Current stats (bars/cap/power before gear)
Energy: 21/610k/17
Magic: 4/60k/3.5

Speed is maxed for both.

So right now if I do an hour long run I'll get up to about floor 67 or so but I won't gain any number. If I do half an hour runs for more exp I don't think I'll be able to stay above floor 58 (where I'm still trying to finish the HSB set). I guess I just keep grinding away to get some exp? Is the next breakpoint when I finish the HSB set and have the stats to kill the first titan?

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
you have the stats to kill the first titan well before that point, but it takes more than an hour. unlock advanced training and put energy into power and toughness until you have around 40% bonus and you should be able to handily defeat the first titan as long as you fight it actively.

it’s worth doing this soon, since the GRB set is well ahead of HSB equipment and maxing a few of those items, even if theyre at level 0, will bring you to the point where you can idle the fight with no problem

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I have just about 1000 attack/defense without advanced training. Tooltip on GRB is 1600 stats to kill em so that seems a bit out of range with the 40% bonus, unless the tooltip is inaccurate.

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Agent355 posted:

I have just about 1000 attack/defense without advanced training. Tooltip on GRB is 1600 stats to kill em so that seems a bit out of range with the 40% bonus, unless the tooltip is inaccurate.

im pretty sure that’s enough? my recollection of that period is i could kill bosses through active play before i reached the recommended stat level, but idling took way, way, more than that. it’s worth a few tries to see how close you get, at least

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Agent355 posted:

No, that’s about right, I had 1700 each when I managed a win earlier today. A more-or-less maxed out Magitech set and stat-boosting artifacts (Ascended Forest Pendant, Magitech Ring or the hunk of cheese) are basically necessary, the adventure-stat bonus from completing Basic Challanges helps, and if all else fails just dump all your energy into Adv. Training for a day or two - I got mine up to 62% bonus overnight with 500k and an appropriate Energy Potion. Trust me, it’s worth it - the equipment GRB drops is bananas, he unlocks TWO new systems, he gives EXP AND he drops a buttload of cash - my time machine is up to 7 billion gold a second, it’s great :)

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Falcon2001 posted:

Realm grinder - Is Veteran Figurine based on this reincarnation or this abdication?
"This game" is this abdication.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
What are some good idle games available for ios? I have Realm Grinder but I'm pretty close to the end game in R110+ and would like to pick up something where I can make progress more than once every 3 days.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

something should send me lots of money even though i don't play his game

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I've been playing Idle Zoo Tycoon - https://www.reddit.com/r/ClickieZoo/ - for a couple of months on Android and it just went into IOS beta last month. It's not anything revolutionary, but it has nice graphics and isn't a punishing grind through adverts in the way many mobile idlers are. It doesn't have any real paradigm changes though - you get a random choice of rare beasts to unlock, but they mostly serve as a way to sink your reset points into doing the same things faster and cheaper. There are two which could radically change how you play the game, but they're so expensive to level that you can never scale them beyond a minor bonus.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
So what are the stand out idle games these days?

Been playing Idle Bouncer and Idle Champions. Any tips for those?

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug
Idle Wizard got a pretty big update -- new class, new pets, revamped equipment system, more Paragon levels, reworked classes. I haven't started digging into the changes yet, but there are a lot.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i'm endgaming realm grinder and as such...i'm starting ngu

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
You have chosen...poorly.

Dragongem
Nov 9, 2009

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
I'm genuinely impressed NGU has kept my attention for 4 months and I'm still enjoying it.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
The most upsetting thing about NGU to me is that there isn't some super secret code for goons to give us cool stuff in game. :colbert:

(I just picked this up recently, thank you for making it.)

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

something posted:

You have chosen...poorly.

i know!! <3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

something
Aug 1, 2011

Have you ever seen
On a Babby's face?

Pillbug
If you hop on the discord some time and send me a PM, something could be arranged....